https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh c'monnn... Obama polarized the nation. ;)

The dems will trot out someone who doesn't tick off any of the moonbats' hysteria buttons...
They're angry they didn't get to loot the nation with Hillary in charge.

The "candidate" from the 2020 (rigged) primary will be:
Non-white, but still somehow vanilla.
Non-male, but with stylishly asexual balls.
Non-wealthy, having accomplished little.

She will be a bastion of political correctness and promise to
lead us "back" to prosperity and cooperation with the world community!!! by which she means globalism. :(
It didn't start there. I would venture to say alot of the polarization really started with the counting Chads. They were so convinced that Uncle Al the creepy pedo bear beat junior.

BAM crew

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It didn't start there. I would venture to say alot of the polarization really started with the counting Chads. They were so convinced that Uncle Al the creepy pedo bear beat junior.

BAM crew

Yea it's been stewing for a while . Can't we all just get along ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lets follow the logic.
I did not like Bill, Bush, Hillary or Trump therefore I am a liberal?

Of course in my opinion some of those were worse than others.
And the last one is tragically laughable.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lets follow the logic.
I did not like Bill, Bush, Hillary or Trump therefore I am a liberal?

Of course in my opinion some of those were worse than others.
And the last one is tragically laughable.

Ok your a cranky guy then . Or you are just not one for politicians... I understand that .

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The Bottom line to me is that both sides have some good; but, plenty of bad.
Socially- in a liberal
Fiscally I'm a conservative

BAM crew

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FUCKING LIARS
THATS WHAT THEY ALL ARE!
YOU HAVE TO BE A LIAR TO BECOME A PROFESSIONAL POLITICIAN!
YOU AINT GONNA LAST IF YOU DONT LIE!!
#SAD

I BAM

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's funny how we all seem to think our views are 'right in the middle'. :)
Where does the middle start and end? It seems you think if it isn't your exact position in the spectrum it makes them a liberal. That is a ridiculous notion. I don't like Donald Trump. So what. I don't like any politician truth be told. But I also don't have to accept a politician or political candidate based on a party. That doesn't make me a liberal, it makes me smart enough to see past the party line.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am liberal on some things and conservative on others.
As are all.
Do you want to pay for the entire cost of your childs education?
Most if seriously ill an no way to pay for medical care would expect to still get the care.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am liberal on some things and conservative on others.
As are all.
Do you want to pay for the entire cost of your childs education?
Most if seriously ill an no way to pay for medical care would expect to still get the care.

My kid goes to private school so yeah I'm paying for the entire education. And my taxes pay for someone else's . Don't have a problem with it .

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My kid goes to private school so yeah I'm paying for the entire education. And my taxes pay for someone else's . Don't have a problem with it .

You are in the vast minority on this and I will bet you are for vouchers .

If your child got critically ill and you could not pay for the medical care would you just say let them die?
Or would you expect the care to be provided even though you cannot pay for it?

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

If your child got critically ill and you could not pay for the medical care would you just say let them die?

I would sell my house or body parts I would find a way to pay or pay back . My kid my responsibility I would not expect you to pay or anyone else .

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I wouldn't agree with that statement.
Perhaps nationally he is in the minority. However, private vs public education tends to also be dependant on geographical region, community and religion.
In some rural areas it's homeschool, in the New Orleans metro area many families choose to sacrifice for private/Catholic/parochial schools.

I know that if my girl and I move back to NOLA I'll borrow from whoever I have to put the kids in Catholic school.

On medical care, when I got hurt I had a Cadillac plan through my employer, thank God. I went to the only trauma 1 in the state and one of the top 5 rehab facilities in the country for SCI and TBI. If it weren't for that plan, I'm not sure if I could have afforded it. And that is a very sad state of the healthcare system and why alot of the restrictions should be lifted to help increase the privatisation and competition to lower the cost.

BAM crew

Last edited:

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The "candidate" from the 2020 (rigged) primary will be:
Non-white, but still somehow vanilla.
Non-male, but with stylishly asexual balls.
Non-wealthy, having accomplished little.

She will be a bastion of political correctness and promise to
lead us "back" to prosperity and cooperation with the world community!!! by which she means globalism. :(
Elizabeth "Pocahontas" Warren?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't agree with that statement.
Perhaps nationally he is in the minority. However, private vs public education tends to also be dependant on geographical region, community and religion.
In some rural areas it's homeschool, in the New Orleans metro area many families choose to sacrifice for private/Catholic/parochial schools.

I know that if my girl and I move back to NOLA I'll borrow from whoever I have to put the kids in Catholic school.

On medical care, when I got hurt I had a Cadillac plan through my employer, thank God. I went to the only trauma 1 in the state and one of the top 5 rehab facilities in the country for SCI and TBI. If it weren't for that plan, I'm not sure if I could have afforded it. And that is a very sad state of the healthcare system and why alot of the restrictions should be lifted to help increase the privatisation and competition to lower the cost.

BAM crew
Virtually ALL hospitals and such in my state are privately owned. Not sure what you mean by privitization?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Virtually ALL hospitals and such in my state are privately owned. Not sure what you mean by privitization?
In other words:
-Insurance being able to compete freely and cross state lines
-Removing FDA regulations and many other regulatory agencies from medical care

The regulation and commerce laws involved in medicine are major reasons for the expense.

BAM crew

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In other words:
-Insurance being able to compete freely and cross state lines
-Removing FDA regulations and many other regulatory agencies from medical care

The regulation and commerce laws involved in medicine are major reasons for the expense.

BAM crew
I live in KY and my insurance is from GA.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is the company you work for based in GA?

Nope. Retired. Bought Obamacare.
couple more years till Medicare.

so I think you can see one reason why I do not like Trump and his minions.
A personal vested interest.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
i thought this was common knowledge.... none the less, look into it. Medical insurance is not allowed to compete state to state.
I had Blue cross Blue shield when I was injured, but it was BlueCross of Louisiana. If I waned to go get a policy through the Mississippi office I could not, I had an address in Mississippi, but worked for a company based in baton rouge, therefore I had to use the Louisiana office and pay Louisiana rates; which were 75$ a month more for the same plan.

the way things are structured prohibits competition across state lines. its just a nice way to hinder lowering the cost of insurance, and really makes blood want to shoot out of my eyes when I see another bureaucracy created in the name of lowering cost. Rather get out of the way and let the free market dictate the lower price, they choose to create another government entity, with more people to pay, more taxes to pay for those people and then say they will magically lower the price for "more care and more services." when in history has increasing expenses, services and manpower equated to a lower cost?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i thought this was common knowledge.... none the less, look into it. Medical insurance is not allowed to compete state to state.
I had Blue cross Blue shield when I was injured, but it was BlueCross of Louisiana. If I waned to go get a policy through the Mississippi office I could not, I had an address in Mississippi, but worked for a company based in baton rouge, therefore I had to use the Louisiana office and pay Louisiana rates; which were 75$ a month more for the same plan.

the way things are structured prohibits competition across state lines. its just a nice way to hinder lowering the cost of insurance, and really makes blood want to shoot out of my eyes when I see another bureaucracy created in the name of lowering cost. Rather get out of the way and let the free market dictate the lower price, they choose to create another government entity, with more people to pay, more taxes to pay for those people and then say they will magically lower the price for "more care and more services." when in history has increasing expenses, services and manpower equated to a lower cost?
My ins card says Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama on it.
My providers here accept it well.
I live in KY.

some states prohibit outside insurance companys.
And that is what the insurance company's in that state lobby for.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My ins card says Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama on it.
My providers here accept it well.
I live in KY.

some states prohibit outside insurance companys.
And that is what the insurance company's in that state lobby for.

my point exactly.
had they lifted that and had insurance companies actually freely compete the cost of insurance would go down. Insurance companies don't want that level of competition so they can keep the cost of the policy higher.
yes some providers will accept out of state plans but that is immaterial to the point I'm making.
some companies cover DME products from any distributor, some don't. That is different.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my point exactly.
had they lifted that and had insurance companies actually freely compete the cost of insurance would go down. Insurance companies don't want that level of competition so they can keep the cost of the policy higher.
yes some providers will accept out of state plans but that is immaterial to the point I'm making.
some companies cover DME products from any distributor, some don't. That is different.
Originally Obama care was going to do away with the state boundary restriction on Ins.
Lobbyists and congress shot that down.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The healthcare issue is a hard one for me. I don't want people who need help not to get it , I don't want to see people who have cancer loose their house . I don't think the government should be the one giving the insurance or running it . When I was a kid my step father worked for Ford we never paid a medical bill or prescription . He's retired and Ford basically told them all to fuck off . Something needs to be done what I really don't know .

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Originally Obama care was going to do away with the state boundary restriction on Ins.
Lobbyists and congress shot that down.
Right, imagine if they had the healthcare insurance run like car insurance.
One centralized office of employees with small satellite offices like Geico.
You just deceased cost
Make them compete with each other on a national level
You just decreased cost
Don't let providers and DME sales give price fixing, make them all compete.

3 years ago was the last time I got a new chair. Each vendor I called had a different price. BUT my provider only let me buy from one vendor and the chair was 2k more that route.
This year with a new provider I could get that chair from a few different options but they all have the 'anthem' price which is 1k less than what I paid, but 500$ more from the same distributor than another carriers price.

This is the shit that makes no logical sense, but it's also a reason for the cost of healthcare being so high.
The healthcare issue is a hard one for me. I don't want people who need help not to get it , I don't want to see people who have cancer loose their house . I don't think the government should be the one giving the insurance or running it . When I was a kid my step father worked for Ford we never paid a medical bill or prescription . He's retired and Ford basically told them all to fuck off . Something needs to be done what I really don't know .

I'm with you there. I just think the answer to making it affordable is making it competitive.
It kills me, to see the prices just balloon, and it's heartening to see the government want to at least try something to help. But it's always the same answer... Control. Control and fixing is not going to help, only hurt.
Hands off and letting them fight it out like every other industry is a better option, imho.

BAM crew

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let's not forget big pharma and the ridiculous price gouging on highly needed and life saving drugs. It's out of control.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How do you make health care competitive when the larger outfits keep getting larger by buying up the smaller ones?

Dropping restrictions on the HC industry will NOT make it more competitive.
Just allow it to make more profit.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
How do you make health care competitive when the larger outfits keep getting larger by buying up the smaller ones?
You mean like Ford and Chevy?
Or Dell, gateway and HP
Or Delta and united
Or gulf oil and exxon
Eventually true competition let's things level out.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Right,
We still have monopoly laws. . And I'm not saying all regulation has to go. But, the government is like a locust. They will regulate anything out of existence if allowed to. This far they have done a good job at getting closer to that with healthcare. Only difference is, the insurance companies and drug companies have been locusts also.
There's enough money there for all of them to get a piece.

BAM crew

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right,
We still have monopoly laws. . And I'm not saying all regulation has to go. But, the government is like a locust. They will regulate anything out of existence if allowed to. This far they have done a good job at getting closer to that with healthcare. Only difference is, the insurance companies and drug companies have been locusts also.
There's enough money there for all of them to get a piece.

BAM crew
We still have monopoly laws?
Not seen any evidence of it in recent years.
Bigger is better is the keyword of the corporations and govt too it seems.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm pretty sure I remember a hearing on monopoly(antitrust) laws in relation to the airline industry and Microsoft in recent years.

BAM crew

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm pretty sure I remember a hearing on monopoly(antitrust) laws in relation to the airline industry and Microsoft in recent years.

BAM crew
Yeah you hear about them and the acquisition or merger happens anyway.
the latest move for competition is foreign competition. Selling US companies to foreign owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors