Become a Patron!

FUN!!! Post a random fact about yourself

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
i believe you were thinking of
View attachment 73606

edit - holy shit that was the post that put me to "silver contributor". glad i could be of service with so many helpful and on topic posts. what would you ppl do without me?
:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

You owe me a new keyboard for that one.... busted out laughing while eating chicken enchilada soup.... went everywhere! :wait::wait::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Partly my fault... when I read I actually pronounce the words in my head in funny voices... :xD:

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

You owe me a new keyboard for that one.... busted out laughing while eating chicken enchilada soup.... went everywhere! :wait::wait::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Partly my fault... when I read I actually pronounce the words in my head in funny voices... :xD:

i refuse to take the blame for your inability to retain a mouthful of soup while reading my posts. my sincerest regards to your keyboard :blowkiss:

;)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Maybe we should add sound clips? :) I lived in WI too long I think I have a accent.
I was there, only very briefly, with my Mom once. We were in Lake Geneva. Is WI pronounced, "Weskannsen"? Like the joke, where in Boston, "car keys" sounds like "khakis"... :teehee:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh man. I wanna hear my Mom's voice.

That's why I saved that little clip of my mom that I found on our answering machine, the night we came home from the funeral home. Eerie as hell hearing it just then, but I'm glad I found it and kept it.

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was there, only very briefly, with my Mom once. We were in Lake Geneva. Is WI pronounced, "Weskannsen"? Like the joke, where in Boston, "car keys" sounds like "khakis"... :teehee:

I've lived here almost 24 years and I've never heard anyone say it like that. :giggle:

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nah! Just different. My son sounds like a brit. Hubs is from Manitowoc, WI. I first met him in the south and I thought his speech was funny. Of course, I'm a original Chicago land funster. (Yes, it is a artemis coined word of the day.)

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, but you have WI sound. N'ahm'sayin?

I'm kidding... I have zero room to talk, I'm in KY.

Naw. I'm originally from Texas and then spent many years in Hawaii and worked hard getting rid of my twang. Now I don't sound like any place, according to my husband. Although I can drop into pidgin at the drop of a hat and it cracks him up. :crazy:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Naw. I'm originally from Texas and then spent many years in Hawaii and worked hard getting rid of my twang. Now I don't sound like any place, according to my husband. Although I can drop into pidgin at the drop of a hat and it cracks him up. :crazy:
LOL I hear ya. Depends on who I'm around. I've been asked if I'm from the south, since KY is really in the middle, if you ask me. I've been asked if from the North, and I've been told randomly that I drop into British. That one I don't really get, since I only know one actual Brit. I'm 1/4 British, but I've never been there. People are weird, IMO.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
LOL I hear ya. Depends on who I'm around. I've been asked if I'm from the south, since KY is really in the middle, if you ask me. I've been asked if from the North, and I've been told randomly that I drop into British. That one I don't really get, since I only know one actual Brit. I'm 1/4 British, but I've never been there. People are weird, IMO.
When I speak everyone knows where I'm from. I have a very thick beautiful New Yawk accent. Lmao.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
i would too....My Mom passed four years ago,Today..:(...Z
Sorry for your password borther

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I used to get asked if I was british, many years ago when I was a waitress at Denny's... long before I ever went up north and buffed the edges off my southern accent -- which I don't think was ever very strong, though many in MI disagreed. :D

I'm from Atlanta, but the typical Atlanta accent irks the shit outta me -- "dill" for "deal"... though my family, who still call me by my middle name Jill, seem to pronounce it "jeel". :facepalm:

Andria

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Also, I'm from Brooklyn, NY. I have an Arizona (cowboy'ish) accent at times.
But when I'm around family, it takes me 3 seconds to pick it up but 3 DAYS to lose it.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i-cant-even-omg-go-away.jpg

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
42 going on 14, farts are funny, are still funny and will be funny till the day I die.
I can cook like a demon, I have always cooked but in the last 5 years went simple, fast and good. Not soups or stews that is cheating yourself out of life's simple pleasure on a cold day with warming rich soup.

I have a 18 year old blind cat who is spoiled rotten.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
i wear/collect a lot of jewelry.

I collect watches and always wear a hat even though i have a full head of hair.

Blood type The opposite O of @Whiskey

Bingo Monkey = :bingo:Is named after me.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I was heavily into drugs in my early to mid twenties. :(

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Same. It's why I joined the Air Force. But we're both still here bro. Others, aren't so lucky.

Yep, my husband and I consider it a flippin miracle that we're both still around, with our faculties largely intact. And it's not just "drugs" either... cirrhosis played a starring role in the death of both my mom and her next-oldest brother. :sad: Though with my mom, diabetes was the bigger culprit.

My husband got really lucky, though. The VA diagnosed his Hep C about 6-7 yrs ago... about 2 yrs ago, when he started asking about that new drug for it that they advertise on TV, they said they didn't offer that one, it was too expensive, but they did offer a different regimen, if he qualified... he had *just the beginnings* of cirrhosis, just enough to "qualify." Now his Hep C is cured. :)

Andria

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I sell CDs and music memorabilia on eBay. (often keeping more for myself then I sell:facepalm:)

I am not 42 yet but am on my 3rd and final "25 year" hip replacement in less then 10 years :(

Superbugs are a bitch.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I sleep, no matter how hot it is, I have to have a blanket.
Yeah, a grown ass man just said that.
Don't feel bad. I saw that scene from Friday the 13th (the first one) in a promo when I was a kid where the hand comes out from under the bed to grab someone and slept with a blanket over my head for at least 15-20 years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When I sleep, no matter how hot it is, I have to have a blanket.
Yeah, a grown ass man just said that.

I sleep with a heated blanket on all year around. Two, actually, one on top and a heated mattress cover. I have fibromyalgia and hitting cold sheets is like an acid bath to me.

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Don't feel bad. I saw that scene from Friday the 13th (the first one) in a promo when I was a kid where the hand comes out from under the bed to grab someone and slept with a blanket over my head for at least 15-20 years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

lol yup, that was back in the day (80's/90's) when movies were actually frightening, not "jumpy" like Final Destination, Saw, etc. which are also good, but they didn't give me nightmares like Freddy Kruger, Friday the 13th, Chucky, and Pet Cemetery did. No arms or legs hang over my bed either :teehee:

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I still sleep crooked on the bed so no one can shoot an arrow through my neck from under the bed. :giggle: After reading Salem's Lot, I slept at the foot of my friend's bed for 3 months and insisted that if someone was flying outside the window, that she not let them in no matter who they were or what they said. :teehee:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I am more concerned about my toilet bowl than than The Super Bowl.
At least my toilet bowl is useful.
You might find the commercials there, if they're anything like recent years. Except PuppyMonkeyBaby. I do adore him.

Typos brought to you by: crapatalk!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You might find the commercials there, if they're anything like recent years. Except PuppyMonkeyBaby. I do adore him.

Typos brought to you by: crapatalk!
I just wait and catch them on youtube.

Went to a few Super Bowl parties in younger years. Never did watch the game though.
I gather from LynnNC that the Patriots are playing someone.... This year.

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am turning 63 on the 7th and retired to the Hill Country in Texas. I never miss working and love to scuba, fish, float the rivers,vape, and go to my youngest son's shows. He is a singer songwriter and is in the studio recording his first CD.

Nice. I currently live in the Hill Country. From Drippings Springs to Northwest Austin and everywhere in between, it's a great recreation spot for younger, middle aged, and older folk, on land and water, and fantastic place to live. When spring comes, I'm going zip-lining with my friends again.

VU Sponsors