1. THE VAPORJOES NETWORK IS GIVING AWAY A PLAYSTATION 4 PRO
    CLICK HERE FOR INFO

? For People that have used multiple Smok mods

Discussion in 'Regulated (Voltage / Wattage / 3.7v/ Temp Control)' started by ApolloKen, Aug 21, 2017.

1. SkoldVape

SkoldVape Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    My first alien totally bricked but my seconds been fine, my only issue is that the resistance reading is well off.

2. Synphul

Synphul Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    My alien took awhile to come on after swapping batteries a couple weeks ago and one time it reset itself to factory defaults. Puff counter zeroed out, watts went to 220, tcr reset etc. The temp control sucks, otherwise I like the form factor. The paint is peeling a little around the edges of the plastic bezel near the fire bar and around the screen despite living in a silicone sleeve since day 1. I've had it for just over 7mo and use it daily, those are the only two problems I've had with it after around 65k-70k puffs.

SkoldVape likes this.
  3. SkoldVape

Blog Posts:
    My second one has been flawless for nearly a year, resistance can be off. When it says "new coil" the new coil can read 0.380 on like a 0.400 coil but runs absolutely fine & it feels so great in the hand doesn't it??

4. VapeNMirrors

VapeNMirrors Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    The Aspire Speeder pretty well crushes the Alien, for that matter so does the Kaos, or the Battlestar, or the Minikin, or for that matter a cardboard box holding two batteries. I can use batteries.

FoggyRoad and SkoldVape like this.
  5. SkoldVape

Blog Posts:
    I'm getting the speeder Saturday & have a minikin V2. Both are miles better I agree :)
    The minikin is my favourite mod atm but the TC is better on the speeder. The Kaos did well in wattage mode & it seems to have less issues than the alien. Just hate the leather sticker! Battlestar is my favourite out of all of them though, I even love the shape but it does TC pretty good an outperforms most mods in that price range. In fact it's the cheapest dual battery mod I've come across!

VapeNMirrors likes this.
  6. mikeyboy74

mikeyboy74 VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    There are some cheapies out there now, like the eLeaf iKonn 220, Yosta Livepor 160, Boxer Rader, and Tesla WYE. The eLeaf resembles the Alien, the Yosta is shaped like an aspire Archon, and the final two are in the Minikin 2 shape without touch screen. Not sure if any are decent.

Voo Poo Drag gets great reviews but all those hard edges.

Real world selling prices for the Squid 2.1 are also coming down.

My only Smok mods are a Koopor Plus and both sizes of V8 sticks.

Kaos seems more reliable than other recent Sigelei, but is not light, and lacks vent holes. Mine has a little fire button rattle but it does perform in wattage mode.

7. Synphul

Synphul Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I think it's the livepor that's all plastic. Supposed to be pretty light but just about everything is plastic on it. Not sure which reviewer, might have been Anthony Vapes that said the battery cover was so thin he figured if he squeezed it too hard he could crack it. I'd expect a minikin to be better since it's around twice the price of mods like the ikonn and alien.

Prices fluctuate, the alien mods seem to be more expensive than when I picked mine up for around $38 (mod only). I found a minikin v1.5 for $55, otherwise the v2's are looking to be around $70-90 which is nearly the price of a nicer dna mod. If spending close to $100 on a mod I might choose something else like a thinkvape finder 167 or therion 166 which are around $105-120.

mikeyboy74 and SkoldVape like this.
  8. SkoldVape

Blog Posts:
    The tesla wye is great, I use it daily. Same with the archon. Out of all them though I'd pay an extra $20.00-$30.00 an get the minikin V2 mentioned! :)

mikeyboy74 likes this.
  9. SkoldVape

Blog Posts:
    I love both my minikin and therion 166 to be fair. The minikin feels better in the hand but obviously doesn't match up in TC. also you feel the fire delay with the DNA ramping up faster and being more consistent but I love both.
    The touch screen on my minikin feels better made than the G-Priv too.
    It's just the right balance for me.
    I don't like the most recent touch screen mods with colour screens, they don't perform as good as the minikin an imo are gimicky. Too much like a fucking smart phone!

mikeyboy74 likes this.
  10. Fictitious Character

Fictitious Character Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    People seem to dislike Smok for a variety of reasons ranging to a bad experience to just that they have flooded the market every other week with a new device.

I only have two Smok mods. I have about a 6 -7 month old Alien that works fine and was a work beater. I recently replaced the Alien with a Procolor as one of my work beaters. Out of the two I prefer the PC but mods I buy for work beaters I like to be in them about 40-60 bucks and if I get 6 months or more out of them then I consider it a good purchase. Many last longer than 6 months but I buy something else just to shake it up.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    SkoldVape and mikeyboy74 like this.
  11. mikeyboy74

mikeyboy74 VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Noticed late today that 101 Vape had a Voo Poo Drag for $39.99, Revenger and T-Priv around $44.99 and Minikin V2 in a couple of colors for $49.99. Good deals on batteries too.

Not sure which mod. Minikin for the form factor but the reliability seems less than perfect and not crazy about how the touch screen works. Drag for everything but the form factor. Revenger has a lot of plastic and Vaporesso seems like they try but not sure if they're there yet.

TC not important. If only I could get the Drag in something not shaped like my ipv 3 Li- which is light enough that the hard edges don't bother me. I hate my Koopor Plus though-- mods can be obese too.

There is a Squid 2.1 on eBay for $66 too.

SkoldVape likes this.
  12. SkoldVape

Blog Posts:
    I'm happy with my tesla wye & TC does job. Where did you get the minikin. If they'll deliver to UK for a small fee ill snap that up.
    It's like £100.00 here!

13. Fictitious Character

Fictitious Character Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I have considered a black resin drag but for one reason or another just never have bought one. I think it is the barely being able to fit a 24mm thing.

The Revenger is a solid mod imo. The menu is a bit cumbersome but it could be worse. I also like that it can almost fit a 30mm without overhang. It is also a pretty accurate mod to boot.

SkoldVape and mikeyboy74 like this.
  14. SkoldVape

Blog Posts:
    I really like that omniboard they use, nor tried the Revenger yet but used a couple Vaporesso mods with the omniboard

15. FoggyRoad

FoggyRoad Previously UrLatestRefugee New Member ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I have 2 SMOK SID VV/VW 18650/18350 tube mods that were my favorites back when I was fixated on that form factor. Won a SMOK R-Steam Mini and just never liked the thing. Menu system is just too alien to me. I'm told it's similar or the same as the rest of the newer SMOK stuff so I've just avoided all of it.
    I do use the R-Steam daily tho. I made it my dedicated battery charger and it has done a fine job if that for a year or more now.

SkoldVape likes this.
  16. SkoldVape

Blog Posts:
    Certainly better mods out there for sure! You can get an IPV with a budget Yihi chip for same price as a smok mod!!

FoggyRoad and VapeNMirrors like this.
  17. FoggyRoad

FoggyRoad Previously UrLatestRefugee New Member ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Meh, I've got mods coming out my ears! Every last one 'em creates vapor. Gotta stop wasting money on mods and start investing in flavor concentrates. My DIY game sucks!

SkoldVape likes this.
  18. ChrisL

ChrisL VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Smok has made the Alien to be the bar to where all other mods are judged. From what I understand it is now the best selling vaping device ever made.
    They must have done something right. Other mod makers have had to up their game to compete in the $50.00 market, so it's good for all of us. Props to Smok.

Just Frank likes this.
  19. Chainvapor

Chainvapor Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    My alien has issues with ohms jumping all over the place. I took off the top and made sure the spring was in correctly for the positive post and I cleaned the 510 connector really well. Still does the same thing. Only about 3 months old and not used much. I have an original releaux DNA200 that still works great. I also have an original Sigelei 213 that works great as well. No excuse for the crap smok sells.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SkoldVape likes this.
  20. VapeNMirrors

VapeNMirrors Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Smok has mastered distribution far more so than making quality mods.

Chainvapor, FoggyRoad and SkoldVape like this.
  21. SkoldVape

Blog Posts:
    My first alien was horrible too use, they should focus on the quality & not the amount they make. Bringing out a mod every freaking week it's bound to have control issues. It's too hit an miss with the but even when they work flawlessly they will not last forever.
    My G-Priv has served me well, wish I could say the same for all my other smok mods!
    Totally agree!

Chainvapor likes this.