Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

soulseek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Here is one to get you talking, from Flavour Art UK facebook page:

New Flavours Coming Soon:

wOw - Tantalise your tastebuds with the unmistakable flavour of fried donut wrapped around a deliciously fruity red filling and... sugar topping!

Cocoon - Our interpretation of the moment when the warm embrace of the caramel melds with the sweetness of the apple, another amazing fairground flavour.

Euphoria - When the freshness of citrus is married with the harmony of exotic fruit and soft tobacco notes, a positively beautiful flavour emerges.

Metaphor - If you love sweets but like a slightly sharp note to balance the taste, Metaphor is made for you. A light and crispy cream cake with vanilla and citrus fruits ... a genie in a bottle.

Labyrinth - Sponge cake, vanilla, caramel and a host of fruity notes ... a real labyrinth of flavours to explore forever!

Morning Sun - A milky flavour carefully blended with the sweetness of freshly cut fruit ... the perfect continental all day breakfast!

UP - A vibrant dessert of coffee, cream and cereals, but with a slightly alcoholic aftertaste (just the taste obviously.) UP, pure energy for your senses.

Hmmm, lots of these seem very very interesting !!! Personally, wOw, metaphor, morning su and labyrinth :D

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This one sounds really good!
Labyrinth - Sponge cake, vanilla, caramel and a host of fruity notes ... a real labyrinth of flavours to explore forever!

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hmmm, lots of these seem very very interesting !!! Personally, wOw, metaphor, morning su and labyrinth :D

I thought the same, really hope they manage to pull off the doughnut as all the others have something missing for me.

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Mixed some Rocketpuppy RY4..it's very good after 5 hours in the USC and a couple of days steeping. I am sure it will get even better in a couple of weeks, but it's really nice now. Now I have three RY4s in my squonk mods: the Rocketpuppy, the Tribeca clone, and the FA's RY4 with DDL. The Rocketpuppy is a smooth mellow vape. The FA with DDL seems richer in taste, but this could be because it was left to steep for a couple of weeks. The Tribeca is good but boring..or maybe I became bored with it.

Next project(s): FA's 7 leaves, Cuban Supreme, and Dark Vapure...any ideas?

Matthee

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mixed some Rocketpuppy RY4..it's very good after 5 hours in the USC and a couple of days steeping. I am sure it will get even better in a couple of weeks, but it's really nice now. Now I have three RY4s in my squonk mods: the Rocketpuppy, the Tribeca clone, and the FA's RY4 with DDL. The Rocketpuppy is a smooth mellow vape. The FA with DDL seems richer in taste, but this could be because it was left to steep for a couple of weeks. The Tribeca is good but boring..or maybe I became bored with it.

Next project(s): FA's 7 leaves, Cuban Supreme, and Dark Vapure...any ideas?
I love this one. Uses Dark Vapure and Perique Black.

HIC's Bora Bora White collection uses 7 Leaves, Cuban Supreme and Burley. An awesome vape.

Dreamer13

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm new to diy and been working on a simple FA Fuji Apple and strawberry vape (non FA so won't mention). My question is...I've tried the Fuji at 2%, 4%, and even 6% and it's barely detechable. Is there another flavoring I need to add to bump up fruit flavors?

The first mix was 4% Fuji, 6% strawberry with 2 drops Koolada per 10 ml. I did 30PG 70VG, 10ml, no nicotine. Not adding any nic until I get a juice worth making a bigger batch.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I have FA Strawberry coming if anyone thinks that would go well with Fuji.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's pretty surprising to me, I find Fuji to be a very strong flavor and usually use it at 1%. Depends on the strawberry you're using. It's ok to say what brand it is, lol. I find the FA strawberry to be kind of light in flavor, but we're all different, so others may disagree.

Did you let the mix rest a bit, or shake and vape? Have you recently quit smoking?

Dreamer13

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's pretty surprising to me, I find Fuji to be a very strong flavor and usually use it at 1%. Depends on the strawberry you're using. It's ok to say what brand it is, lol. I find the FA strawberry to be kind of light in flavor, but we're all different, so others may disagree.

Did you let the mix rest a bit, or shake and vape? Have you recently quit smoking?
I used TFA Strawberry Ripe. I've done 3 batches and the lowest % batch was made 7/2. I've given it an air and shake each day. I can taste it alright but just wanted to notch it up a bit more. The highest mix I just made last night, shook it for 10 minutes and couldn't taste a thing on a dual .4 coil at 35-40watts.

I dont mind to steep things but I've heard fruits don't need much time so that's why I'm on here asking noob questions

I've been vaping since Feb 2015. I prefer stronger flavors but don't have to have bold all the time. I was wanting to nail down a simple apple strawberry for an ADV. Just thought I might be missing something. What I do taste on the Fuji is lovely!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I haven't used Strawberry Ripe, so hopefully someone reading this can guide you better on it. I wonder if reducing that one might help, though.

theozricle

Member For 4 Years
Still being new to DIY I have no idea what to do with them yet, but I am looking forward to seeing what some of you come up with with the new flavours. I had an email from flavour art today to say these new concentrates are now in stock!
CoCoon - Toffee Apple

Euphoria - Citrus & Soft Tobacco

wOw - Fried Fruity Sweet Donut

Labyrinth - Sweet Vanilla Caramel Fruit Cake

Metaphor - Crispy Fruity Cream Cake

Morning Sun - Milky Fruit Sweetness

UP - Coffee, Cream, Cereal

Dreamer13

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't used Strawberry Ripe, so hopefully someone reading this can guide you better on it. I wonder if reducing that one might help, though.
I may just tinker with the apple by itself and then slowly add a strawberry. Or maybe try Cap Sweet Strawberry. I got these from Bull City Vapor which seems to have a good reviews from other diyers.

capitaomorsa

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Still being new to DIY I have no idea what to do with them yet, but I am looking forward to seeing what some of you come up with with the new flavours. I had an email from flavour art today to say these new concentrates are now in stock!
CoCoon - Toffee Apple

Looking forward to reading reviews!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I may just tinker with the apple by itself and then slowly add a strawberry. Or maybe try Cap Sweet Strawberry. I got these from Bull City Vapor which seems to have a good reviews from other diyers.

Yes indeed, best to try Fuji stand alone first, got a feeling the Strawberry is gonna win when competing with Fuji.
Takes some time to get the flavors balanced especially when mixing multiple fruits.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had an email from flavour art today to say these new concentrates are now in stock!

Was this an email from Flavour Art srl. or Flavour Art UK ??

Ron
---
"If you see somebody running down the street naked every single day, you stop looking up."- Stevie Nicks

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm pretty sure it's the later ... blends only available from Flavour Art UK.

Is UK yes but they arent the UK blended concentrates, they are new ones like the emoticon range of Glory, Monsoon, Aurora etc. Called "Artists touch" range.
I have ordered all of them bar the tobacco one (euphoria). Intrigued to see how they are, tho do wish they wouldnt all have fruit and coffee in etc which kid of restricts putting them in mixes a bit.

Im still yet to really manage a real proper dougnut, the capella ones are good but the dough isnt right the solub arome one is good but doesnt mix well and fades....I have just mixed about 5 different attempts at another dougnut, FA hopefully will make inevitable remixes of these I do a lot easier :)
ALso cake falvours, FW yellow cake WAS by far the best but coil gunking and discovering the sucralose had me binning it and the few other FW concentrates I had. Nonna cake just isnt a cake for me, its a great addition to creams tho, hopefully one of these two cake ones work.
ANd finally, I really havent been won over by any of the cereal concentrates I have ever tried, most of them actually I find pretty awful, same goes for most coffee flavours, so I will probably hate "UP",,,,hoping it is going to change my mind tho :)

Looking forward to these....I think Im the only person who really likes Monsoon from the last range

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
CoCoon - Toffee Apple

If they are as good as they sound.....very little :) Saying that, when seeing the UK description of the last range emoticon with monsoon, joy etc they are not what I taste, e.g:

"Joy
A biscuit flavour fresh from the baker's oven with Meringue and Caramel to tease your taste buds."......eh?

If the dougnhut is good I see it going in lots of mixes as long as the fruit taste isnt too strong

Last edited:

Liquidlunch

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
2% fuji
8% Strawberry ripe
1% fa marshmallow

Is nice :b

I added the marshmallow later as I find a lot of fa fruits dry and harsh Inc kiwi, black cherry and fuji.

Last edited:

sampleit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Well
If they are as good as they sound.....very little :) Saying that, when seeing the UK description of the last range emoticon with monsoon, joy etc they are not what I taste, e.g:

"Joy
A biscuit flavour fresh from the baker's oven with Meringue and Caramel to tease your taste buds."......eh?

If the dougnhut is good I see it going in lots of mixes as long as the fruit taste isnt too strong
well I got 4 of the flavours in the mail this morning so I will let ya know but typically I woke up with a cold this morning:-(

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
well I got 4 of the flavours in the mail this morning so I will let ya know but typically I woke up with a cold this morning:-(
Oh that sucks! Hopefully that'll fade away soon. DIY is the devil for DIYers.

ANd finally, I really havent been won over by any of the cereal concentrates
Ditto!! I'll mention a different brand since there's no FA one around these parts... I picked up Caps Cereal 27, mixed up a sample. I haven't vaped it yet, but a finger taste is like Frosted Flakes. Yum. Gonna get into that one soon.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh that sucks! Hopefully that'll fade away soon. DIY is the devil for DIYers.

Ditto!! I'll mention a different brand since there's no FA one around these parts... I picked up Caps Cereal 27, mixed up a sample. I haven't vaped it yet, but a finger taste is like Frosted Flakes. Yum. Gonna get into that one soon.

I have tried Berry Crunch, Fruit Circles, Honey Circles, Kettle Corn, Lucky Leprachaun by TPA or Caps and all are just to me at least a boring grainy taste that I think Caps Sugar Cookie gives a much better version of...and/or weak or horrible additions in the fruits and honeys. Only one I have liked at all is Flavorah Cinnamon Crunch. Saying that cereals and biscuits I wonder what you are meant to taste as they are all just grainy to me. Vaping fruit flavours to me is like tasting a fruit, biscuits or cereals is just like vaping grain to me....I guess it may be pesonally losing the crunch element of them through a vape. The cheesecake oreo recipe on here i like and rhodonite, but I have tried quite a few other popular biscuits recipes either bought in the past or online diy ones and none of them have done anything for me at all. Same goes for cereal ones, I liked the Looper clone I tried originally, more for the milk taste than cereal though and found that fruit circles gets really sickly and horrible after a while, to me at least.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The cheesecake oreo recipe on here i like
Thank you :D

I hear a lot of people say the same with a lot of the cereal flavors. Some have the patience to play around so much with those, but when I hear that many unfavorable reviews for some of them, I just don't buy them.

Have you ever had any of HIC's mixes from the online store? There are a couple in there that are pretty good. One of them that stood out to me the most was https://gumroad.com/l/tWYAq# Crackin' Oat Cereal. That one definitely left an impression on me. Good stuff. I'm not quite as talented the mixer as many folks here, especially not as HIC,

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thank you :D

I hear a lot of people say the same with a lot of the cereal flavors. Some have the patience to play around so much with those, but when I hear that many unfavorable reviews for some of them, I just don't buy them.

Have you ever had any of HIC's mixes from the online store? There are a couple in there that are pretty good. One of them that stood out to me the most was https://gumroad.com/l/tWYAq# Crackin' Oat Cereal. That one definitely left an impression on me. Good stuff. I'm not quite as talented the mixer as many folks here, especially not as HIC,

Haha sorry so long since I mixed it, forgot it was you :) Was along with Jasons Coconut cake and a HIC one (cant remember which) one of the first DIY recipes I made :)

Personalyl and this isnt kncking them as they can do what they want at the end of the day but I wouldnt pay for a recipe when there are so many available anyway and generally I prefer making my own (hey something you make yourself always seems better) and I find HICs ratios in flavouring totally different to my tastes as well, possibly due to set ups as well as taste buds. No doubting done sime great recipes though

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I do understand. There are some fantastic recipes posted here in the forum. I have my "don't wanna be creative, so thank goodness others have been" times. Lots of them, lol.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I do understand. There are some fantastic recipes posted here in the forum. I have my "don't wanna be creative, so thank goodness others have been" times. Lots of them, lol.

For me that is known as "sod it just make up some monsoon or am4a standalone to get by on" time :) Yeah there are some good ones on here and ELR too, though I have to say the majority of the top rated ones on there I havent found that exciting and far too many are just based around cheesecake graham crust (which....not arse licking....I dont particularly like but it works in your biscuit recipe), vanilla bean ice cream and strawberry ripe, personally once you have tried one of those you have tried them all, but I guess a lot of the popularity is due to youtube channels and the like.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
For me that is known as "sod it just make up some monsoon or am4a standalone to get by on" time :) Yeah there are some good ones on here and ELR too, though I have to say the majority of the top rated ones on there I havent found that exciting and far too many are just based around cheesecake graham crust (which....not arse licking....I dont particularly like but it works in your biscuit recipe), vanilla bean ice cream and strawberry ripe, personally once you have tried one of those you have tried them all, but I guess a lot of the popularity is due to youtube channels and the like.
Oh I understand! I've wanted to like vanilla bean ice cream so badly, but it's just not for me, not at all. Cheesecake graham, I do like. I have my tried and true that I stick to, a couple that I mix on the fly for a change, but I've felt less than creative for a long time. I don't have the desire to mix the latest and greatest, I just want to like what I mix/vape, and I do. I do prefer DIY to purchasing, no doubt about that. When I first started out, I couldn't mix enough. Lately, meh.. OK, bout outta juice, gotta mix, LOL.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
which....not arse licking....I dont particularly like but it works in your biscuit recipe

LOL, I think you meant to say Ass ( or Arse if you prefer ) Kissing ... what you mentioned is something altogether different. :giggle:

Dreamer13

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
2% fuji
8% Strawberry ripe
1% fa marshmallow

Is nice :b

I added the marshmallow later as I find a lot of fa fruits dry and harsh Inc kiwi, black cherry and fuji.
Worth a shot. I thought about adding some marshmallow or fresh cream but not too much as I want a bright fruit vape.

In other news....I just spent 2 hours mixing up about 20 juices. Gonna need some more VG very soon. Just going to buy a gallon. Most of my mixes are 70vg and up.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
biscuits or cereals is just like vaping grain to me....I guess it may be pesonally losing the crunch element of them through a vape

Wondering if it's the AP in those flavors that's messing with you?

Cagey75

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got some cereal 27 recently, and so far it's been pleasant in the mixes I've tried with it. It's more on the corn cereal side than the wheaty/grain side. Maybe try it without any other cereal types, but concentrate more on the creams and fruits to match. Like FA Vienna cream, or cream fresh, or some malted milk and/or Bavarian cream.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I got some cereal 27 recently, and so far it's been pleasant in the mixes I've tried with it. It's more on the corn cereal side than the wheaty/grain side. Maybe try it without any other cereal types, but concentrate more on the creams and fruits to match. Like FA Vienna cream, or cream fresh, or some malted milk and/or Bavarian cream.
Still haven't vaped it, but tastes great just by finger taste. That was not an impression of Tony the Tiger, but in retrospect...

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh I understand! I've wanted to like vanilla bean ice cream so badly, but it's just not for me, not at all.

Just curious if you've tried the TFA VBIC yet as it is a bit different than CAP.
Got some FW VBIC I haven't even tried yet, but the finger taste is quite different than the 2 above.

mercury7

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
[QUOTE="HeadInClouds, post: 81073, member: 3821"

I write down all the flavorings I think I might use and ponder ratios. I put a number 1 next to the minor-est ingredients and work up from there. Those are the number of drops I use. I write that on tape and stick it on the bottle before I add anything to the bottle. No lost recipes this way. I pick one dropper and use it for every flavor, so they're all the same size drops. For every "x" drops of flavoring, I add 1 ml of base. Shake and vape. If I make changes (more flavoring or base), I write it on tape and add it to the bottle.

When I have a recipe the way I like it, all the ingredients are on the bottle. I know the drop size so can figure out the percents from there. Only then do I mix a larger bottle using those percents, just to double check the recipe percents are right (occasionally to see what effect aging it will have). I try to always post recipes in percents so everyone can use it. Every time I post in drops, someone lectures me, lol.

I hope that doesn't sound really complicated.[/QUOTE]

Hi HIC,

1) Assuming that you are still mixing the same way today as you did 2 years ago.....The above doesn't sound complicated but I want to be sure I am correct in thinking that it would be simple to transfer this method to measuring by weight. When deciding ratios, rather than determining # of drops, I would determine % instead? The weakest ingredient would get .5%, next .75%, 1% and so on. (.5% = x drops, .75% = x drops).

Or am I completely missing the point since the reason you measure by drops is so that you can be more precise, less wasteful and have more control, starting with the very least amount and working your way up from there? I guess my only hesitation using drops as a measurement is that I was under the impression that each flavor has a different specific gravity therefore each flavors drops per ml would need to be measured beforehand separately? (my damn day job, getting in the way again!!:)

2) When you say "I put a number 1 next to the minor-est ingredients and work up from there" do you mean that the minor-est (you created a new word!) ingredient always gets 1 drop, the next gets 2 drops and so on? I apologize in advance if I am being a dunce.

3) Last question - I am imagining that you spend a great deal of time re-wicking. How do you work it out so that you physically can taste a number of different ideas/batches in a short amount of time? Are you constantly cleaning tanks in an ultrasonic cleaner or rinsing and dry burning between tastings? I am really curious as to the mechanics of this part of your process. I've been vaping for a few months and after a couple of weeks I decided I wanted to drip so that I could quickly re-wick, dry burn and switch flavors. I bought a couple RBA's (ok - I bought 4:) I ended up greatly disliking every flavor I tried, but only recently learned (thanks to all of you on VU) that sub ohm dripping isn't the best vehicle for FA (or testing flavors in general?). No wonder they all tasted like crap! This made sense since I seemed to like them at higher ohms. I have 4 or 5 tanks but it does take a while to clean and re-wick in between flavors. Any special tricks that you or others could share on this would be most appreciated!!

Having a fixed amount of time to devote to this, I want to figure out the most efficient process. I have about 50 flavors and have tried about 10 recipes so far (1/2 or more are yours) but I eventually want to have a better overall process. If these are the types of questions you like answering least, please - I understand. I feel like I am asking an artist to explain each brush stroke and that is a sure fire way to annoy an artist. I get that it takes more time and effort to explain something than just do it....

Gratefully,

Colleen

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
LOL, I think you meant to say Ass ( or Arse if you prefer ) Kissing ... what you mentioned is something altogether different. :giggle:

No, sorry it is an English phrase Arse licking or brown tongue, common description for being a creep. Also known as butt hugging, anal mining, turd burgling…..ok I am now making them up haha but arse licker is a common Uk phrase….weird one I know

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
CoCoon - Toffee Apple

Good looking out. Just ordered most of these.
Also grabbed some new Diketone free condensed milk and cocoon flavour.
More FA goodness!

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea I hear ya, I suppose they're running out of base flavours to add as they've covered a fair few. Raisin is one I'd really like to see from FA

Yes, that would be a great one to add. I'd like to see them add a ginger, malt and maybe a pumpkin or something along those lines.

Hmm, that might be an interesting survey question ... What base flavor would you most like to see FA add next?

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hmm, that might be an interesting survey question ... What base flavor would you most like to see FA add next?

Might just be worth a thread.
I bet there'd be plenty of responses, and FA seem pretty responsive to customer feedback.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That guy Niagara did once mention new stuff, but asked what everyone would like to see, and the consensus was ginger and cheesecake. I full on agree, more base flavors!

VU Sponsors