Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, Shaner, you did a whole lot of reading! Wasn't that the best thread? I'm glad to know that it is still being read. It sounds like you have learned a lot in a short amount of time, good for you! I love your flavoring racks, did you make those? I'm glad you followed us over here.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Of course you can join, Shaner! Welcome to the FA-mily :)

That thread.. good times, man. Good times.

the_saga_continues_mousepad_p144132082151589508td22_210_xlarge.jpeg

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
why do you all say chocolate gunks up
im using GOC - That is Game over Chocolate not to be confused with Game over custard- also knows as 3mm aka 3 milky musketeers
on my maganus tank with dual coil Ni200 coils. AS my ADV with no issues. Coil lasts 2-3 weeks and its max VG

You're using a TC mod I assume? How often do you re-wick?

Man, I really need to remember to get some Ni wire next time I order stuff. I have two TC capable devices now and still haven't tried the feature.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
You're using a TC mod I assume? How often do you re-wick?

Man, I really need to remember to get some Ni wire next time I order stuff. I have two TC capable devices now and still haven't tried the feature.
i am using tc now,but tc didnt make a difference. and I do not rewick just change coils every 2-3 weeks

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ive pretty much given up on choc vapes as well. I made HICs Coconut Musketeers a while ago, and have used HICs Swiss Bliss recipe as a chocolate concentrate in several of my own recipes. Using my exthermal dripper the musketeers was very nice, though coils neeed changing every day at least…..in any other dripper both the musketeers and all my choc recipes virtually needed re-wicking within a couple of hours and the choc flavour was a bit funky/watery/gunky anyway. Although both the musketeers and swiss bliss are nice, Ive pretty much come to the conclusion there is no chocolate recipe that is THAT nice its worth the bother of re-wicking every couple of hundred inhalations.

Menthol

Member For 4 Years
Ive pretty much given up on choc vapes as well. I made HICs Coconut Musketeers a while ago, and have used HICs Swiss Bliss recipe as a chocolate concentrate in several of my own recipes. Using my exthermal dripper the musketeers was very nice, though coils neeed changing every day at least…..in any other dripper both the musketeers and all my choc recipes virtually needed re-wicking within a couple of hours and the choc flavour was a bit funky/watery/gunky anyway. Although both the musketeers and swiss bliss are nice, Ive pretty much come to the conclusion there is no chocolate recipe that is THAT nice its worth the bother of re-wicking every couple of hundred inhalations.
I'm with you on that Willbo, I love the two mixes but anything chocolate based its gotta be dripped.

Exchaner

Member For 5 Years
Hey guys, what's a good source for buying Flavor Art's tobaccos? I have already tried My Freedom Smokes and not totally satisfied - erratic quality at best. I hear Ecig Express suffering from the same issues. Thanks in advance.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey guys, what's a good source for buying Flavor Art's tobaccos? I have already tried My Freedom Smokes and not totally satisfied - erratic quality at best. I hear Ecig Express suffering from the same issues. Thanks in advance.
I'd go to Mama J's or Bull City. You can get sample sizes at Mama J's.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Don't you hate it when you get busy for a couple days and miss a boat load of posts?

Congrats on the one year mark. Thats impressive by anyones standards.
I cant beleive that we all were once part of the "dumbass smokers club"
Thanks Tball. It's people like you that helped me get some mixes going that made analogs seem truly undesirable.

:p I figured it'd end up like that. Vaping meat...just, no.
Wuss. This is why they invented $5 RDAs!

Congratulations on the one year milestone, @KeyserSoze!
Thank you thank you

Verbal! Congrats on the milestone! ....
Just passed 6 months myself!

Sent from my shoe phone using Tapa Toe Pro 4
Thanks and congrats to you too!

I have been using 28 ga at 1.5-1.6 ohm and 4 volts. Duals in a rda. Its gunking them up. I built a fused clapton at .7 and its working good all the way up to 7 volts. I'm just trying to get a coil that can stand up to the chocolate lol
I'm getting some MF Dark Chocolate and White Chocolate and will let you know. They're supposed to taste awesome and are supposedly not coil gunkers.
Good luck.... I stopped mixing chocolate because of the same reason... Let me know when you find one
I'm getting some MF Dark Chocolate and White Chocolate and will let you know. They're supposed to taste awesome and are supposedly not coil gunkers.
I can save you some time and trouble: Give it up. :p

Every chocolate/cocoa flavoring on the market with the possible exception of TFA's Double Clear variant absolutely hates your coils and there's nothing you can do about it. While I can put about 12ml of my ADV RY4 through a typical .7 ohm micro coil KFL build, I can only get around 5ml of 3MM through the same tank before the flavor starts heading south.

Dry burn / re-wick early and often with 3MM. Hey, it's a small price to pay for the luxury of being able to breathe chocolate air!

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can I join this club?

It took about 3 months reading just a few pages every night but I've finally read all 158 pages of the Pure Vapes thread and all 233 pages here ... I am on FA overload!!! It's funny, I feel like I already know all of ya and was really bummed when the Pure Vapes thread died. What a great wealth of information there is in there.

I am glad to see it continue over here where it is even better. I just wished I joined earlier so I could of been part of the great discussions going on last year and early this year when HIC, wllmc, Huck, Amanda, Cramp and many more of the old regs, some of which seemed to have disappeared, were discovering what these great flavors are capable of, sharing notes, and freely posting all the wonderfull recipes. Don't get me wrong, there are still some amazing recipes and great discussions going on, but I miss the old days, even though I wasn't a part of them ... lol.

Anyways, because of all the great information posted on these pages I have got to know my FA flavors pretty well and I look forward to participating in some of the discussions here.

I have only been mixing about half a year and started out with TFA but soon discovered FlavourArt. I now pretty much have all of the FA flavors except for the florals and the tobaccos, don't really care for either but may experiment with them later on. Oh, and I have been smoke free since June 27th this year after more than 30 years of smoking :)
View attachment 29270

Thanks,
Shane

Welcome to the Club Shaner !! Huck has the membership cards. When you hit 40 FA Flavors and/or sport a crazy beard and haircut, then your automatically a member. Wllmc was the first to member to get in under the "crazy beard" rule after Hic started the thread back at the "other forum" ( He only had 20 or so FA flavors back then......it was the crazy beard that got him in early) :D

I started with close to 100 TFA bottles from Wizard myself before I discovered FA throgh the old site. Good stuff this FA.

Last edited:

Shaner

Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the Club Shaner !! Huck has the membership cards. When you hit 40 FA Flavors and/or sport a crazy beard and haircut, then your automatically a member.
Thanks T-Ball ... LOL ... Well ya can see by my profile pic I got the crazy haircut and the gray goat is about 12" long now, pushing around 200 flavors and more than half are FA so it sounds like I'm "in" ;)

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Zen Garden is not so mysterious if you're odd enough to vape it near a well-stocked spice rack.

I matched the flavor fairly quickly.(referring to dried herbs for all of these) Mix about 40% basil, 20% oregano, 10% rosemary, 5% sage, 5% thyme. It's not 100% yet, but set some of this aside with a note 'batch #1.'

Digging back quite far here, but wondering whether anyone knows of a rosemary concentrate on the market?

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Please forgive a SWAG from a newroid mixer who's read all of the posts from the 'other place' as well as all those here, but I have in my notes that FA Zen Garden imparts a Rosemary note. I'd love to hear one way or another from those with some experience using it!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you. I was pretty sure this wasn't in the "My note On ..." at MamaJ's. I appreciate the insight, as always.

" ... pizza sauce without tomato after chewing spearmint gum ..."

Ooh, yum ....

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Haaa yea I'm not sure if I could find a use for Zen Garden, but I had a desert last night utilising rosemary. It gave a minty effect and was delicious

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
My Agua Fresca recipe uses Zen Garden. Too lazy to find it and link it. I don't use it for rosemary, but when used with mint it makes it taste like muddled mint leaves. @HeadInClouds refuses to listen to reason about this, but I'm sticking to my guns. :p

Hi HIC! :D (giggles)

Yes, Zen and herbal vapers, Cramps is your expert. I DO get the muddled mint leaves for your agua fresca. It just took me a long time to try it!
:p:oops: and giggles back at you :rolleyes:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
hi, could anybody give a link to marshmallow flavoring recipe mixed using 4 or 5 FA flavors (diketones free)
thanks in advance )

FA only makes 1 Marshmallow flavor, that I know of.
You can add it to just about any recipe.
Usually used as an additive to soften, add body, or impart some sweetness.
Normally not used as a stand alone, but I can't really taste the Marshmallow anyway.
Real Marshmallows are sickening sweet so it's a hard flavor to replicate IMO.
TFA Toasted Marshmallow you might taste, but, unfortunately has the "baddies".

Unless I misunderstood you and just want a FA recipe that has FA Marshmallow in it?

FA only makes 1 Marshmallow flavor, that I know of.
You can add it to just about any recipe.
Usually used as an additive to soften, add body, or impart some sweetness.
Normally not used as a stand alone, but I can't really taste the Marshmallow anyway.
Real Marshmallows are sickening sweet so it's a hard flavor to replicate IMO.
TFA Toasted Marshmallow you might taste, but, unfortunately has the "baddies".

Unless I misunderstood you and just want a FA recipe that has FA Marshmallow in it?

thanks for your reply. Yes, I know FA has a Marshmallow flavor. But it seems to be not the best one.
The point is that some time ago I was searching the web to find a diketones free Marshmallow flavor. I found a recipe on some forum (it seems to me it was vapingunderground) - several FA flavors (Catalan Cream, Fresh Cream etc.) mixed together to come up with very good Marshmallow flavor.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Toasted Coconut marshmallow using 8% CAPs Marshmallow. I haven't got around to trying it with FA, but I'm thinking 2-3% FA Marshmallow. If you like the way it sounds you can play around with it.
Marshmallow(FA) 2-3%
Meringue(FA) 1%
Coconut(FA) 1.5-2%(I like it at 1.5%)
Cookie(FA) 1%

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see we posted at the same time. Now I see your looking to CREATE a Marshmallow flavor. Got ya.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It's WAYYYYY cool. The interview in the beginning is a bit difficult, lots of echo/reverb/something... marble walls? Really cool process. When he says, creating flavors is like combining art and science, @HeadInClouds was who I thought of. Interesting to hear his take on their PG process, too. The automation process looked a whole lot like the automation process in the pharmacy I used to work.

Crago44

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Disclaimer first - it's from FA's Kitchen Magic line and contains 2% diacetyl.
Disclaimer to the disclaimer - that's less than most Capellas, many Flavor West, and some popular TFA flavors, and you'll need very little of it
Last disclaimer - if you want to avoid custard notes, don't buy Pandoro. It's seriously delicious and you'll vape it all.

Now then.. It's strong - start at just 0.5% standalone and move up 0.5% at a time. I doubt anyone would ever need as much as 2%. Standalone, it's a lemony pound cake. As an ingredient, just 0.25%, often less, turns the other ingredients into a cake.

Two example recipes:

Vanilla Cream Cake (far stronger flavor than 2.5% total flavoring would lead you to believe!)
0.5% each: Catalan Cream, Vienna Cream, Vanilla Tahiti, Fresh Cream
0.25% each: Meringue and Pandoro

Strawberry Shortcake
5% FA Strawberry
2% FA Fresh Cream
1% FA Pandoro

So I've been chasing a strawberry poundcake recipe. I've made many variations then I stumbled on your recipe for strawberry shortcake. Are you still using Fa pandoro? I absolutely love this flavor. My recipe was/is
.75 FA pandoro
2 fresh cream
.5 fa custard
2 cheesecake graham crust
6 Tfa fresh strawberry
3 tfa strawberry ripe
I now know how much diacetyl is in my recipe lol but man its still really good after a week

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@ChefCragoArdee - that was over a year ago, so I'll describe the changes since.

FA's Italian site *used to* have separate "flavor magic" and "kitchen magic" lines (ecig versus for-cooking-only). Fast forward a year, insert new E.U. taxes and regulations, and now they have "kitchen magic" for ALL flavorings, and "electronic cigarette" for (basically) e-liquid and hardware.

FA Flavors for cooking-only are few, but they still exist. ALL those have an inhalation warning: "This flavor contains Diacetyl and/or related diketones. Not suitable for vaping," like Pandoro: http://flavourartexpress.biz/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=640 Those warnings were first added in 2009 or 2010 when FA wrapped up reformulating most flavors to eliminate diketones. FA also recently provided test results on flavors without diketones: http://flavourartnaflavourreports.com/ . So now there are two ways to find out if an FA flavor is intended for vaping or not.

Crago44

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Why does ecigexpress still sell this flavor? I read your disclaimer amd saw where it's 2% diacetyl. I don't know if you can/will answer this but is the silver cloud poundcake flavoring ok for vaping or should I find another alternative to a poundcake? Thank you good sir for the detailed reply

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Why does ecigexpress still sell this flavor? I read your disclaimer amd saw where it's 2% diacetyl. I don't know if you can/will answer this but is the silver cloud poundcake flavoring ok for vaping or should I find another alternative to a poundcake? Thank you good sir for the detailed reply

Ecigexpress sells LOTS of flavors with those ingredients, not just FA's. They DO (finally) include the warning on Pandoro: http://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-e-li...rart-sweet-flavors/pandoro-by-flavourart.html. Ecigexpress is often slow/behind/wrong with manufacturers' warnings; best to check with the manufacturer for current info. When I submit reviews on ecigexpress pointing out missing or incorrect warnings, they don't post my review. :rolleyes:

It is possible but not simple to make a pound cake flavor from FA flavorings without diketones. Is your Silver Cloud simply using Pandoro (or diketone-containing flavor from another brand), or cleverly concocting a diketone-free version? There's no way to know without testing the liquid, unless Silver Cloud is willing to show you their test results. If you avoid all diketones, you're right to be suspicious of cake flavors; certainly ask them!

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@KeyserSoze, if those MF flavors are any good, do be sure to not tell me unless I can use them at <3%.
I don't remember seeing any of them used that high. Usually 0.25% to 1%. C'mon over to The Medicine Flower Club for my tasting notes on the shipment that came in yesterday. It might be a few days before I get to mix and try the 9 that I started out with but I will post notes about all of them for sure. I have a shiny new flavoring cabinet and shelving to install and organize first, if I'm able to resist the urge to mix. I was about 20 flavors behind on my testing before this shipment came in. A wise man once said something about... what was it... vaping faster? :cool:

Dem prices tho. :eek:
I know. I'm gently prodding all vendors that have ever expressed a desire to resell MF to do so. Undiluted 3ml samples for ~$5 would be a lot easier to stomach than $22 for 15ml.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just got a bull city order & got an original 10ml bottle.
Whaaaaat was I thinking - they SUCK!
why didn't I read this thread about those bottles before I ordered?? ;)

and why do people vape yogurt? I got a 10ml bottle for science..
I smelled better stuff in a NYC subway

VU Sponsors