Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happy vape day to me. One year ago today, I picked up a Kanger Protank Mini and ego battery on a lark. Also some 18mg juice named tobacco and one named strawberry. I never emptied the one named tobacco and don't remember the brand of either. After smoking for 48 years, my urge to smoke just never came back. It was like magic. Within a month I was mixing my own juices, buying devices and saving money. So I want to thank all of you who came to vaping before me for your guidance, the help in understanding the technical issues, and for teaching me to mix with success.
Congrats Caddisfly and I love you, buddy!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man o'man, this is delicious too. You know, I don't think I really believed all the HIC hype. I thought his recipes would be good but I had no idea how good. This is only the second I've tried and they've both been excellent. I've got two more to taste.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
I told you so.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Working on tropical depression with @caddisfly . Calls for
1oz. Mango puree
1 oz. Strawberry puree
1/2 oz rum
1/2 oz coconut milk
1/2 oz. Triple sec.
1/2 oz. Amaretto. Hoping to post 2 variations soon. Get it in gear Caddy!
Pushy, pushy, pushy... :)

Okay, here is what I have so far.

3% FA Mango I upped this from 2%
2% TFA Strawberry (Ripe) Its more pureeier. Whoot, new word.
2% TFA Toasted Almond
1% CAP Sweet Tangerine
0.5% FA Coconut. I'm going to up this a touch in the next batch.
0.5% FA Vanilla Tahiti
0.5% FA Grapefruit. The bitterness for both the triple sec and the amaretto
0.5% FA Gin. I tried FA Rum, but liked gin better. It's smoother than rum and doesn't take away from the main flavors.

It's a little flavor heavy, so I mixed this to make 12ml base and actually added 15ml. base.
I like it, but I'm still tinkering.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay I have this, but working %'s still....

1.5% FA Mango
1.5% FA Strawberry
.5% FA Coconut
.5% FA Jamaican Rum
.5% FA Orange
.5% FA Bergamot
.5% FA Marzipan
.5% FA Almond
.5% FA Vanilla Bourbon
.5% FA Caramel

Notes: mixing with the above flavors I had many %'s that were too sweet to me. This is not done yet. The bottom 4 flavors I got to base the Amaretto flavor from Hic's Cocktail Vape party ... his Amaretto liquor. The orange/bergamot makes a good triple sec flavor which I got from HIC reading his grand marnier mousse notes. Uh, we need to start a thread when completed.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does anybody know how NF organic flavors compare in strength to FA? I came into a bottle of NF Strawberry Shortcake.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Okay I have this, but working %'s still....

1.5% FA Mango
1.5% FA Strawberry
.5% FA Coconut
.5% FA Jamaican Rum
.5% FA Orange
.5% FA Bergamot
.5% FA Marzipan
.5% FA Almond
.5% FA Vanilla Bourbon
.5% FA Caramel

Notes: mixing with the above flavors I had many %'s that were too sweet to me. This is not done yet. The bottom 4 flavors I got to base the Amaretto flavor from Hic's Cocktail Vape party ... his Amaretto liquor. The orange/bergamot makes a good triple sec flavor which I got from HIC reading his grand marnier mousse notes. Uh, we need to start a thread when completed.
I mixed your Tropical Depression today and like it a lot. Over all yours and mine are similar. However you get better flavor and more recognizable flavor out of your 7% total flavor than I do with my 10%. Less is more?

Both are still works in progress, so no conclusions here, but I will be dropping the TFA Toasted Almond. It isn't giving me the almond flavor I was looking for. I'll be replacing it with Marzipan for now because I can't find the stupid bottle of FA Almond. (I think it probably dropped into the garbage by accident.)
I'll be ordering it soon. I had to leave out the almond in your recipe.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mixed your Tropical Depression today and like it a lot. Over all yours and mine are similar. However you get better flavor and more recognizable flavor out of your 7% total flavor than I do with my 10%. Less is more?

Both are still works in progress, so no conclusions here, but I will be dropping the TFA Toasted Almond. It isn't giving me the almond flavor I was looking for. I'll be replacing it with Marzipan for now because I can't find the stupid bottle of FA Almond. (I think it probably dropped into the garbage by accident.)
I'll be ordering it soon. I had to leave out the almond in your recipe.
I find in a few days it becomes more rummy- coconut though. If you bump the strawberry and mango up .25% you taste the strawberry flavor and mango better. In this mix I also used
25% rum & .25% brandy vs. .5% rum and day 2 there is a difference in that also....good, but still too sweet for me. The 1st post here was great fresh, but day 3 became sweeter with the rum- coconut, I think.

OhioRuss

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
LSX_mechanic said: ↑
Wanted to share one.its the only one I think I've made good enought to share,and is my first share .
I call it Peaches & cream team
all flavor art
peach 5%
fresh cream 1%
catalan cream 1%
vienna cream 1%
I throw it in the crocpot for an hour and its good to go. I have also used it right away and still is good.
It's simple and is my adv. I hope someone likes it as much as I do.
Made this today. It is really good. This is the first peach recipe I have made I actually like. I had pretty much put FA Peach aside to never use it.
Thanks for contributing, Another to add to the list.

MMM.. I have been looking for a good peach ever since I first started with the silly ecig-carto's from South Beach Smoke more than 2 years ago. I have tried dozens of in-store peach and peach blends since I took a liking to South Beache's peach flavor. Now that my bulk VG and PG have shipped and 30+ FA flavors are on the way, I can't wait to try this one! Thanks @LSX_mechanic!

OhioRuss

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I made Beef Stroganoff from scratch the other night for my nephews and they weren't that thrilled with it, because they were so used to my sister's version with the canned cream of mushroom and bottled brown gravy.

LoL @cindycated my wife makes a mean homemade beef stroganoff that *FAR* outpaces the Hamburger Helper variety that I had become accustomed to in my 38 years of being a bachelor. ;) Now it is even better since I went wheat/gluten/corn/soy free, she makes it with rice noodles and a small amount of rice flour in her homemade gravy.

@HeadInClouds I know that you don't like sweetener in your mixes, and I know some of the flavor vendors use sucrose in their sweeteners. Do you know of any that use caramel-color/corn-syrup/dextrose/dextrin/maltodextrin in their flavors or sweetener? ((Yes 5 different words for the same DAMN ingredient!))

I usually react to corn proteins (and corn sugar) within a few hours. I got some e-juice a while back that I a bad reaction to and wasn't right for several days and I suspect it was because of either caramel-color or maltodextrin in the ingredient.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds I know that you don't like sweetener in your mixes, and I know some of the flavor vendors use sucrose in their sweeteners. Do you know of any that use caramel-color/corn-syrup/dextrose/dextrin/maltodextrin in their flavors or sweetener? ((Yes 5 different words for the same DAMN ingredient!))

No, I don't - and I wouldn't intentionally vape that. It would wreck coils quickly, for one! If I had vendor liquid I thought included some, I wouldn't hesitate to ask if they use it. If you can't trust their answer, you need a new vendor!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is an example of the whole being much more than the sum of its parts.

The Whole

1.5% FA Guava
1.5% FA Mango
1.5% FA Grapefruit
1.5% FA Watermelon
1.5% FA Marshmallow

You can test it after you mix it, but it really requires 24 hours of steep time for the grapefruit to settle in. It is best vaped warm (40 watts), but it is good at 14 watts on 1.4 ohm single coil.
Optional: a bit of TFA Brown Sugar 0.5% helps to expand the flavors at low wattage.
The percentages can be upped or lowered 0.5% either way, but they should stay the same across the board.
Well as you know I mixed this up...3-4 weeks ago. W/o Brown sugar. I don't recall the taste a few days after making, but I didn't really care for it. But now, this is amazingly awesome. It's not too bitter, not too sweet. I'm really enjoying the Heck out of it. Thanks Caddisfly!

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your welcome. Yeah, It takes a while to settle down.

cardassian

Member For 4 Years
Decided to mix up all the tobaccos i have at 1% to taste test them (don't like tobacco vapes but some friends do) as I've been putting it off.
So after I mixed up 7 tobaccos I then went on to mix another 7 mixes of flavours I might actually like.
Some are a bit random, as in i closed my eyes grabbed a bottle or two of flavouring and worked from there.
Tomorrow will be a tasting day as I mixed up a few other mixes a couple of days ago that should be good to vape tomorrow.
So in the morning I guessing i'll be cleaning and rewicking 7 or 8 rdas and going from there.:D

p.s. how long should i let the tobaccos steep for before they're good to try?
Don't want to try them fresh and then again steeped as I doubt I'll like them.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow cardassian you are more brave than I am. I like tobacco flavorings - ok 2 so far - but if I didn't I would not try them at all. There are a lot of other flavors I would not try even if paid lol. Wishing you the best.:D

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Decided to mix up all the tobaccos i have at 1% to taste test them (don't like tobacco vapes but some friends do) as I've been putting it off.
So after I mixed up 7 tobaccos I then went on to mix another 7 mixes of flavours I might actually like.
Some are a bit random, as in i closed my eyes grabbed a bottle or two of flavouring and worked from there.
Tomorrow will be a tasting day as I mixed up a few other mixes a couple of days ago that should be good to vape tomorrow.
So in the morning I guessing i'll be cleaning and rewicking 7 or 8 rdas and going from there.:D

They are good to try right away, but give them three weeks before final judgment.

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I generally let mine steep for a week minimum, but after 3 or 4 weeks they shine.

-Kingboomer

The Varista

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A little story about our company, I met the owner and became friends with him, our wives met, ( mine pure Italian as well) and we became couple friends. When we first met at Vapercon I, FA had brought Dr.Farsalinos into the industry for the first time( at that time he was a smoker and didnt know about vaping) and paid him and Dr Poloso well to do expensive advanced research on aromatics and vaping we called ClearStream in 2009. We removed it from our vape safe flavours in 2010. Fa and owner came to USA to present these findings and no one cared, not pointing fingers but this is an overall assessment of market response at that time. FA left and focused on becoming the biggest and best in Europe, while a few DIY sources picked us up, but there was no longer passion towards growing North America for FA. Many insisted on buying our flavours that we told them had Diketones in them still, sold to food companies despite our urging that science said this was a significant avoidable risk. People including myself as a hardcore DIY'ers and many here I am sure kept telling Marco our marketing manager in Europe they loved the flavours and were upset at the difficulty accessing them. Then ethical eliquid companies buying our flavours just recently called to complain as well. Finally last year we saw change in attitude to caring what was vaped and negative regulation on the rise which we had seen and been very involved in fighting in Europe. At that time he called me and we began plans to build North American plans in December. I have been working with Italy to reformulate key flavours without Diketones by listening to priorities in forums. Not every flavour is possible and still be yummy without Diketones. We are investing heavily to predict the needed research upcoming FDA deeming regulation. I am in regular contact with orgs that will positively affect the future in USA. I lead a group i created in Canada call CVA, www.thecanadianvapingassociation.org . Its a combination of SAFATA and AVA in USA. We have meetings this week with Canada's Health minister and things look good here. Search out Canada's HESA committee report for some published results of our efforts. In Canada vaping will be given its own distinct new regulatory framework outside of smoking cessation and tobacco. So we are here in North America and are here to stay to build a credible flavour company built for the end game, we will not be nor ever want to be the company that chases the flavour rabbit. That means no cookie doe or trademark infringing cereal flavours etc from FA, that others are doing. It does mean everything we sell in North America will be the safest best quality possible. It means we will bring new research to support the communities long term future. We will also not sell direct to consumer as we believe that is bad karma to build a retail DIY account and sell behind there backs as others do. I will ensure my North American sales manager, who has more time then me, is watching this thread, and maintain good communication with you our fellow DIYers. Maybe some contests and giveaways if that's allowed. As always know that FA respects and is honored to have customers that love what we do and thanks you.
Thanks for being a part of this forum. Anxiously awaiting the opening of the NA facility. The R&D your companie does is un-matched in the industry.

The Varista

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello: Just found this forum and this thread. Let me introduce myself. My social media name is Niagara ( Kayaker) in some places. I am the president of Flavour Art for North America. I have been an avid vaper and DIYer for 5 years. I am an admin on variuos DIY forums. I have been a fan myself of FA and use my products myself for my ADV recipes. I haven't yet read through the 210 pages of this thread but will in time. We keep people updated on new flavour products on our facebook page. We have just begum to ship from North America product with our warehouse full. A new North American website will go up within next 3-4 weeks. Look forward to alot of new marketing and new flavours all Diketone free arriving in next weeks and months. 3 new tobaccos, 3 new/old favorites no reformulated diketone free. We will have Enthalpy CAP's done from batch samples from our product constantly done and posted on our website. We will announce on a new FA large new clinical research study we will call ClearStream Onward this summer.
Awsome!

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OK, I think I've finally found a use for cam blend:

2% Fuji
1% maxx blend
1% cam blend

I let this steep a good 3 weeks before I even opened the bottle to smell it. The woody taste mixes well with the apple, and it doesn't smell like a head shop :D

-Kingboomer

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Or maybe they got a bad batch of flavoring??o_O the most I have ever seen used of an FA flavoring and I mean of all the threads and recipes all over is 10%;) Or maybe it needed to steep??:D

cindycated

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dixie, HIC posted the above link somewhere, I would go with that link. The one u posted was just one person's opinion, and who knows, but I wouldn't trust it.
I like that one, cuz you can kind of see a trend (what most people are doing) instead of just an aggregate number, which could've gotten screwed up by one oddball entry. (like 3, 3, 3, 25, 3, 3 ...)
Still just opinion, but several people's, instead of just one.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I feel bad because I did not get that it was only 1 persons at first - sorry if I embarrassed someone.:( I was just so shocked.:oops: As for HIC I have tons of his info on FA and some other flavoring brands too.:cool:

mink

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ve had a very happy day today. Caught up with my cousin a few weeks ago when I was in interstate, more than 1,000 km from home. Being a smoker and wanting to give up, she was very interested in my vaping stuff and asked lots of questions.

Well, she phoned today and she’s very keen to start vaping so we just put in her very first order after being on the phone and internet together for over 4 hours. We’ve looked up everything, with me explaining all I could for her to order all she needs to jump right into vaping.

Because she has a bit of a problem with unsteady hands, I’ll be making up e-juices from this brilliant thread and sending them to her. Although she just wants tobacco type juices at the moment, I’m sure she’s going to change her mind really quickly :D:D:D

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I’ve had a very happy day today. Caught up with my cousin a few weeks ago when I was in interstate, more than 1,000 km from home. Being a smoker and wanting to give up, she was very interested in my vaping stuff and asked lots of questions.

Well, she phoned today and she’s very keen to start vaping so we just put in her very first order after being on the phone and internet together for over 4 hours. We’ve looked up everything, with me explaining all I could for her to order all she needs to jump right into vaping.

Because she has a bit of a problem with unsteady hands, I’ll be making up e-juices from this brilliant thread and sending them to her. Although she just wants tobacco type juices at the moment, I’m sure she’s going to change her mind really quickly :D:D:D
enabler !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha woot woot ! good luck to your friend !!!

VU Sponsors