Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think any us (from the original PV thread) use whipped cream, because it was in the kitchen line (as were/are all FA flavors that contain diacetyl). I didn't even know there was a milk flavor - I've never seen it stocked by a US vendor, so perhaps that one is also in the kitchen line?

I do have a 3ml bottle of whipped cream I once bought accidentally, but I've never used it!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love FA whipped cream. I've tried subbing it for a variety of flavors, and fresh cream and marshmallow work for me. When I use it, I do so at a very low percentage (0.2 - 0.5). It adds a creaminess/sweetness that the combos sometimes can't replicate.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Try NET tobaccos they will play hell with your coils but the flavor can't compare to artifical tobaccos.
I need to look into doing my own extractions. I like the idea of it for coffee, tobacco and vanilla for starters.
I know you weren't asking me, but I'll throw in my opinion anyway. FA Shade is a caramely brown-tobacco flavor, no ash, a bit sweet.
And if you WANT ash with FA tobaccos, you have to add Black Fire.
Thanks, as always, HIC. I don't want any ash so I'm glad you posted that. I'll put shade on the list of possibles for a future order.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I was just wondering if anyone could help me with the Diacetyl/Diketone content of some FA concentrates. The concentrates in question are Milk and Whipped Cream. ... So can anyone help me with how much these concentrates would contain, and say if using 1% in a recipe.

Back when FA was reformulating their flavors to eliminate diketones, they posted diacetyl % for their flavors as progress reports. The highest figures were 2% for Pandoro and for Panettone. All others were lower. Those two didn't get reformulated, by the way. Some others had very tiny figures, like 0.0012%, but that's not zero to FlavourArt (though it wouldn't even qualify as 'trace' to American testing services), so they remain in the Kitchen Magic line with an inhalation warning. Between Whipped Cream and Yogurt, one of those was 1.5%. So if you're using that at 1% in a recipe, you have 0.015% diacetyl in your liquid. I have found that the ones with more diacetyl, like Pandoro, are extremely strong flavors, so actually useful at fractions of one percent.

S3rv3d

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't think any us (from the original PV thread) use whipped cream, because it was in the kitchen line (as were/are all FA flavors that contain diacetyl). I didn't even know there was a milk flavor - I've never seen it stocked by a US vendor, so perhaps that one is also in the kitchen line?

I do have a 3ml bottle of whipped cream I once bought accidentally, but I've never used it!

On FlavourArt Italy all concentrates are listed under Kitchen Magic. However any which contain diacetyl/diketones are stated.

There's quite a few, yoghurt, milk, condensed milk and I've seen pandoro crop up a few times. I know the amount of diacetyl this contained was posted in the thread somewhere. This is what intrigued me with the FA ones I've got.

I did try a 3% sample of whipped cream and it was really good. I would like to use it and milk also. But before I start inhaling a lot of it then I'd like to know the figures and if they exceed the recommended amount.

Maybe with the info I might decide not to use them. I'm unsure on the whole thing really.

S3rv3d

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Back when FA was reformulating their flavors to eliminate diketones, they posted diacetyl % for their flavors as progress reports. The highest figures were 2% for Pandoro and for Panettone. All others were lower. Those two didn't get reformulated, by the way. Some others had very tiny figures, like 0.0012%, but that's not zero to FlavourArt (though it wouldn't even qualify as 'trace' to American testing services), so they remain in the Kitchen Magic line with an inhalation warning. Between Whipped Cream and Yogurt, one of those was 1.5%. So if you're using that at 1% in a recipe, you have 0.015% diacetyl in your liquid. I have found that the ones with more diacetyl, like Pandoro, are extremely strong flavors, so actually useful at fractions of one percent.

Thanks, just what I was looking for. I don't suppose these data sheets are still available anywhere now are they?.

So essentially, they should be okay to vape in small amounts. However people concerned have the choice not to, and FA don't get sued from possible problems.

Im currently using the FA Milk and FA Honey to make a Milk & Honey Juice. Im up to 0.5% FA Honey and its not coming through enough yet. I tried to keep it low after reading your notes on it. I had Inawera Honey also, but I don't like it, too floral for me, along with the "tomcat" scent.

S3rv3d

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks @Huckleberried. I suppose I should evaluate which concentrates I have which do contain it also. As I'm hardly using them though, I haven't really bothered. I don't mind straying away from FA, for concentrates FA just don't do, TFA Gummy for example.

Is there a definitive list anywhere in this thread or on the forum which shows which flavours boost other flavours. Ive read about Walnut bringing out Banana and also Pear bringing out Apple more. Would be quite useful to have it collated somewhere if there is. There just so much info in this thread to take in :)

@HeadInClouds, sorry I've got another question for you. I noticed that you and others moved from ECF to here. Is all your info/recipes transferred on to this forum too?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds, sorry I've got another question for you. I noticed that you and others moved from ECF to here. Is all your info/recipes transferred on to this forum too?

Absolutely all moved here, maintained here, and continued here and my store. There is no info from me on ECF from me that's not here. I don't post anything at all over there since we moved. :D

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Im currently using the FA Milk and FA Honey to make a Milk & Honey Juice. Im up to 0.5% FA Honey and its not coming through enough yet. I tried to keep it low after reading your notes on it. I had Inawera Honey also, but I don't like it, too floral for me, along with the "tomcat" scent.

FA Milk and other diketone-containing creamy flavors can mute flavors with none. If you use FA Vienna Cream and/or Fresh Cream instead, I'm pretty sure you'll taste that 0.5% Honey. If you prefer Milk, don't be afraid to keep adding Honey til it's the way you want it.

S3rv3d

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That is something I really didn't know that they'll mute flavours. Does this apply to all concentrates without it. Maybe another reason not to use them then, if I can get something similar with a different concentrate combo. I'm up to 0.8% now, I'll give it until tomorrow, and see. It was just starting to come through with 0.5%, but not where I want it to be.

I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid because I know it has diketones/diacetyl, but on the dripper when testing I'm sure my chest was a bit tighter/ wheezy. Surely a minuscule amount couldn't have that effect after 10 drops on a dripper. I think it's in my head lol.

Last edited:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
dang late to the party....

the rule is last one shares a recipe right lol

Morning kick start

All FA

Almond 0.75%
Caramel 0.5%
Espresso 0.25%
Vanilla Classic 1%
Nut Mix 0.5%
Vienna Cream 1%

Let it steep a week :)

Slvrdragin41

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
How to clean the smell out of plastic bottles? I dumped the 120 and 250 ml plastic bottles and rinsed with very hot water. Then filled again with very hot water and Dawn soap and let them sit for probably 12 hours. Shook and rinsed well tonight and I can still smell that pungent odor. Does anyon know how to clear an odor from plastic before I put them in the trash?
Might try soaking in something like lemon juice.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So hello again to all. Haven't seen you all in a month of Sunday's, life kinda happened there for a.while. Had dear old mom in hospital for like 3 weeks there, but she's out and back to being a stubborn PITA, so that's good. Son plays baseball and got released, signed by another team and traded.to a.third team all in like a month so he was a bit stressed, but he's back to ripping it up, so that's good too I guess. My daughter still gives me fucking ulcers, but that's what daughters do, so that's good, and I built a giant shed, so I kinda feel a little he man about now. 1st was impressed!
Anyway haven't mixed shit, but managed to bang out a nice clone of Charlie noble PB cerial which I will post tomm at.some point
So I wanted to try some new juices, since I wasn't mixing and.the local bm s have really diversified their selections, and while it KILLED me to buy juice, I had some really nice stuff -Uncle Junks and Jazzy boba come to mind. And some total shit Papi churro and claim your throne here, The best juice I've ever had is this stuff called creme de la creme from Phillip rocke. Holy shit good. Spend.a.buck if you got it, this stuff is a great example of what is possible.
And I.totally agree with the poster above saying he kinda tastes.something just because he already knows it's there. That is a really common thing in almost.all.aspects of life in general, not just taste. If I know something is there, especially something I.wish to avoid, I will be extra sensitive to it, to the point my mind might make it so almost.
With that said, I love me some diacetyl, within reason of course!
And thanks as always for the share @wllmc . I've got a cappella version that's similar, but I do love that fa espresso, and the dark bean also, super flavors, always use this when I need some coffee.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I don't suppose these data sheets are still available anywhere now are they?.

Nope, they removed all that info when they decided to add inhalation warnings on the remaining flavors (that they did not reformulate). I've always wondered why, but maybe so vapers don't decide:

So essentially, they should be okay to vape in small amounts.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey can someone point me to some bitter wizard posts or info. I got a liquid that turns a bit bitter after a few weeks I'm.working on, great up till it does though. Kinda a.creamy nutty thing with some dark bean. Maybe the bitter wizard will take that out?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah thought so Thanks HIC. Any thoughts on removing a slightly bitter taste that arrives after a steep? I'm using mostly caps praline hazelnut, some vanilla custard and some espresso from fa. Trying for a nutty coffee with some cream kinda thing, but some combo I got going is getting a bit off after r a few weeks, not at first though.I'd like to share, but with out the vape this fast tag!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Ah thought so Thanks HIC. Any thoughts on removing a slightly bitter taste that arrives after a steep? I'm using mostly caps praline hazelnut, some vanilla custard and some espresso from fa. Trying for a nutty coffee with some cream kinda thing, but some combo I got going is getting a bit off after r a few weeks, not at first though.I'd like to share, but with out the vape this fast tag!

If those are the only flavors you're using, I think the capella praline is suspect. Maybe you want to try a tiny batch of that standalone and see if it gets bitter as it ages. Diketones sometimes strike me that way, too; if that's the issue, avoiding heat might help (if you're heat steeping, give it time instead). some flavors just taste best fresh, imo.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have some interesting news: mixing a little spearmint with FA Strawberry and V. Cream makes the strawberry taste stronger and I taste zero spearmint! I can't relay percentages as I discovered this in a sloppy way, but it wasn't, like, a homeopathic amount of spearmint--I was certain I was going to taste it. I will report back when I can be more specific. (or if anyone has come across this phenom, please share). This is something I never would've thunk. I love those kinds of DIY moments!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have some interesting news: mixing a little spearmint with FA Strawberry and V. Cream makes the strawberry taste stronger and I taste zero spearmint! I can't relay percentages as I discovered this in a sloppy way, but it wasn't, like, a homeopathic amount of spearmint--I was certain I was going to taste it. I will report back when I can be more specific. (or if anyone has come across this phenom, please share). This is something I never would've thunk. I love those kinds of DIY moments!
Pretty cool find! Thanks for sharing!

Callipleura

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For non-U.S. vapers who want VT nic:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/now-accepting-international-orders.74283/

I had even 'liked' that post, then I forgot all about it!
Wasn't there someone new here recently from Canada wanting VT nic? @Callipleura ?
Hey... I had some nic base shipped to my brother in New York who is going to bring it up when he visits (this coming weekend hopefully) along with some FA. Canada customs still can deny any nic coming into Canada through the mail, which is a shame because buying "branded" or "named" nic is pretty hard here and it's expensive for the "who knows what you are getting" nic base that you can get here. Gearing up takes a lot longer here, but I guess gives you more time to plan out a good system hardware wise.
Cheers

Smokachino

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Cool! I don't like Spearmint but got a bottle by mistake, so I'll try this. Thanks!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So hello again to all. Haven't seen you all in a month of Sunday's, life kinda happened there for a.while. Had dear old mom in hospital for like 3 weeks there, but she's out and back to being a stubborn PITA, so that's good. Son plays baseball and got released, signed by another team and traded.to a.third team all in like a month so he was a bit stressed, but he's back to ripping it up, so that's good too I guess. My daughter still gives me fucking ulcers, but that's what daughters do, so that's good, and I built a giant shed, so I kinda feel a little he man about now. 1st was impressed!
Anyway haven't mixed shit, but managed to bang out a nice clone of Charlie noble PB cerial which I will post tomm at.some point
So I wanted to try some new juices, since I wasn't mixing and.the local bm s have really diversified their selections, and while it KILLED me to buy juice, I had some really nice stuff -Uncle Junks and Jazzy boba come to mind. And some total shit Papi churro and claim your throne here, The best juice I've ever had is this stuff called creme de la creme from Phillip rocke. Holy shit good. Spend.a.buck if you got it, this stuff is a great example of what is possible.
And I.totally agree with the poster above saying he kinda tastes.something just because he already knows it's there. That is a really common thing in almost.all.aspects of life in general, not just taste. If I know something is there, especially something I.wish to avoid, I will be extra sensitive to it, to the point my mind might make it so almost.
With that said, I love me some diacetyl, within reason of course!
And thanks as always for the share @wllmc . I've got a cappella version that's similar, but I do love that fa espresso, and the dark bean also, super flavors, always use this when I need some coffee.
I think that's why there are pharmacies everywhere....daughters! Went through it with one and she turned out ok. 2 more to go through! Oh me! Glad mom is better.

Smokachino

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've done it twice now, successfully--no spearmint flavor, but am still uncertain if it's just some fluke related to my ability to taste spearmint, so I'd be happy to hear if it works for you too!

That is so interesting! Spearmint is one I can definitely taste but don't really find appealing, but if it enhances the strawberry that would be great. What's your best guess as to the percentages of strawberry, vienna cream, and spearmint?

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok, now that I'm looking at my notes (as opposed to the half-rubbed-off writing on the bottle) I see I actually started with approximately 1ml of the following mixture, something I made months ago and which had been sitting around because it wasn't that great--too much creaminess had muted the berry flavor, I guess:

strawberry 3%
custard 2%
vienna cream 1%
fresh cream .33 %

To 1ml of the above, I added @15 drops (those soft PET bottle drops, ie, largish drops) of spearmint mixed at 2.5%

Like I said, sloppy, sloppy :) But cool result if we can figure out how to duplicate it without screwing up a mix first :)

When I try again, I'll probably just remove the custard and the fresh cream from the above, vape it to get a baseline for the berry flavor, then try adding spearmint in tiny increments until I can taste it. It would be nice if I could detect the exact moment *before* I taste the spearmint--since that's probably where I want to be.. but I'm not too optimistic about that happening. On the other hand, I think I might like tasting strawberry & spearmint together--that's what I was originally going for--so it won't be a total wash.

Last edited:

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Or maybe I'll leave in 0.5% or 1% custard, actually, since now that I'm vaping it and really thinking about it, I'm starting to think there is an interaction that includes lemon going on with the strawberry-boosting result. I definitely taste subtle lemon where i didn't before adding the spearmint.

Smokachino

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, now that I'm looking at my notes (as opposed to the half-rubbed-off writing on the bottle) I see I actually started with approximately 1ml of the following mixture, something I made months ago and which had been sitting around because it wasn't that great--too much creaminess had muted the berry flavor, I guess:

strawberry 3%
custard 2%
vienna cream 1%
fresh cream .33 %

To 1ml of the above, I added @15 drops (those soft PET bottle drops, ie, largish drops) of spearmint mixed at 2.5%

Like I said, sloppy, sloppy :) But cool result if we can figure out how to duplicate it without screwing up a mix first :)

When I try again, I'll probably just remove the custard and the fresh cream from the above, vape it to get a baseline for the berry flavor, then try adding spearmint in tiny increments until I can taste it. It would be nice if I could detect the exact moment *before* I taste the spearmint--since that's probably where I want to be.. but I'm not too optimistic about that happening. On the other hand, I think I might like tasting strawberry & spearmint together--that's what I was originally going for--so it won't be a total wash.

Ha ha . . . sometimes sloppy is good! :)
Wow . . . that seems like a lot of spearmint! If added to 1ml, wouldn't 15 drops be about .5 ml, which would then be 1/3 of the mix? Did you mean to say the strawberry mix was 10 ml?

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ha ha . . . sometimes sloppy is good! :)
Wow . . . that seems like a lot of spearmint! If added to 1ml, wouldn't 15 drops be about .5 ml, which would then be 1/3 of the mix? Did you mean to say the strawberry mix was 10 ml?

No, really, about 1ml! A little over, I guess, because the strawberry mixture was in a 2ml evod-type tank that was a little more than half full. That's why I was so surprised I couldn't taste it. I guess there is a possibility I mislabeled/mis-mixed the spearmint mix I added to it and it is actually weaker than 2.5%.. but I don't think so. I have mixed it with other things and tasted it ok.

Last edited:

Vcoupe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey ladies/gents I've been trolling on here for a bit now, former ECF Nazi war prisoner ;). I just ordered like $325.00 worth of DIY and can't wait to join the party here :). Unfortunately I ordered a lot of TFA, but a bunch of FA too (I thought FA and TFA was like the same shit lol).

Smokachino

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey ladies/gents I've been trolling on here for a bit now, former ECF Nazi war prisoner ;). I just ordered like $325.00 worth of DIY and can't wait to join the party here :). Unfortunately I ordered a lot of TFA, but a bunch of FA too (I thought FA and TFA was like the same shit lol).

Welcome, Vcoupe! Lots of ECF escapees, renegades and defectors here, so you'll fit right in :cool: I like your style already . . . $325 means you ain't messing around LOL!

No worries about the TFA . . . a lot of us still use certain flavors that can't be found at FA (and even some that can). For me, TFA Cheesecake Graham is the bomb!

Welcome to the party!

Smokachino

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, really, about 1ml! A little over, I guess, because the strawberry mixture was in a 2ml evod-type tank that was a little more than half full. That's why I was so surprised I couldn't taste it. I guess there is a possibility I mislabeled/mis-mixed the spearmint mix I added to it and it is actually weaker than 2.5%.. but I don't think so. I have mixed it with other things and tasted it ok.

Oh, OK . . . I get it now. Sorry, long day at work yesterday and my brain was fried :rolleyes: I have the FA Spearmint (which, judging by the smell seems strong!), so I think I'll try adding a couple of drops to a 5ml mix of the strawberry. That way, it probably won't be hard to cover up with more mix if I can taste it. This should be interesting!

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
HIC Thanks for the assist. Thought the caps praline could be the one, just hate the thought of getting close and.having to go back.to.Th drawing board. While I do enjoy caps, some of their stuff can get funky at times. There are some other flavors in the mix I'm working on, but usually it's.some off thing from.a.nut.flavor.that.causes the bitterness I'm getting, almost. like.from a shitty coffee. Thanks again.

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have just barely dabbled with DIY Tobaccos (and only had one vapeable purchased tobacco). But I WANT to like a tobacco vape. I tried Hangsen No. 5 and HS desert ship and I didn't like them at all. Too ashy. In your opinion is FA Shade ashy at all?

Sorry it took so long to get back to ya man! It's a bit ashy but not real bad at all. Definitely a slight smoky character, I like it!

-Kingboomer

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Here's a good one I'm still playing with (all FA):

3% strawberry
2% Vienna cream
1% peppermint or anise, might try both in the next batch.

It's goooood xD Tastes like strawberries with a splash of cream and a bit of cool. I likes it and may try it with my other fruit flavors.

-Kingboomer

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Here's a good one I'm still playing with (all FA):

3% strawberry
2% Vienna cream
1% peppermint or anise, might try both in the next batch.

It's goooood xD Tastes like strawberries with a splash of cream and a bit of cool. I likes it and may try it with my other fruit flavors.

-Kingboomer
I'm glad you're having a good time with this! I like the sound of the anise in that one. A lot! Wouldn't have thought of that. Might have to give that try real soon.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
whaaaat_minion.gif

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OK, I'm trying this on for size:

1% Desert ship
1% shade

It's tasty, but I think it needs a bit of bitter wizard. Note to self: get the Virginia tobacco with next order...

-Kingboomer

VU Sponsors