Become a Patron!

FDA... shit is about to hit the fan (warning, thread hijacked)

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

centaurianslug

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm amazed at how little this is being mentioned around the web. We have to do better. My wife and myself did this and all it took was 5 minutes. Go to your local shops tomorrow. Get the word out and get people to make that call to the white house.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm amazed at how little this is being mentioned around the web. We have to do better. My wife and myself did this and all it took was 5 minutes. Go to your local shops tomorrow. Get the word out and get people to make that call to the white house.

Reddit is lit up with CASAA posts right now.

mannyer

Member For 4 Years
I'm in the UK and it's worrying the shit out of me! I watched grimmgreen video and it almost made me cry watching him!

Sent with love from my tapping fingers

Doots

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everyone needs to assist or we won't be vaping much longer.. really!

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's the leaked FDA document soon to come out. It says it's legitimacy is unconfirmed, but what organization other than the FDA would, or could write such a thing as this.

Part of the document says this,

fda doc.jpg

And for those of you who think, "hey I can just buy zero nic juice and add nicotine myself". Your wrong

FDA doc2.jpg

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Makes me wonder if there is a UK nic supplier.. Just nicotine.
Pull a Mr. Snuff and get it shipped from the UK, no customs hassle due to treaty that the us cannot fuck with uk post.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Day before yesterday, my local B&M, that has five vape shops, announced an 80% off all hardware sale in all the shops. They have an e-juice line that is fairly popular that they may hang onto for a while, but it sounds to me like they see the writing on the wall.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
email sent...

Thank you!

Your message for "Support H.R. 2058 which would change the grandfather date for newly deemed tobacco products" was sent on 10/28/2015 02:56 AM to the following recipients: President Barack Obama (D-), Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-OR), Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR), Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
email sent...

Thank you!

Your message for "Support H.R. 2058 which would change the grandfather date for newly deemed tobacco products" was sent on 10/28/2015 02:56 AM to the following recipients: President Barack Obama (D-), Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-OR), Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR), Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR)
Sad that Merkley is a shill sell out, Wyden don;t give a fuck and Bluenuer is a worthless turd.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try to imagine what vaping was like in 2007. What equipment was available, what juice was available.. etc... Visit your local gas station and you can get a pretty good idea.

If this bill HR2058 doesn't make it, everything vape related post 2007 will become illegal to purchase.

According to GovTrack.us, this bill stands a 21% chance of making it out of committee, and a 4% chance of being enacted.
"This is a House of Representatives bill in the United States Congress (indicated by the “H.R.” in “H.R. 2058”). A bill must be passed by both the House and Senate in identical form and then be signed by the President to become law."

That said, this bill tracking site doesn't take into account, or even know about, the thousands of emails, letters, and phone calls made by all of us.

It is important to spend 1 minute out of your day and send that pre-written email out that is posted at the top of this thread.

I Can't wait to go back to 2007, how bout you?

cigalike1.jpgcigalike2.jpg

cigalike3.jpg

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Been done!

Obama Vampire.jpg

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't think it's anything to worry about. Vendors will have 2 years to have their products approved...

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think it's anything to worry about. Vendors will have 2 years to have their products approved...
All due respect, but that is very naive Please read the document how the approval process will take place. No vendors will have the million dollars it will take for a non-guaranteed approval.

Vendor's like this are taking it very seriously.

cigalike4.jpg

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All due respect, but that is very naive Please read the document how the approval process will take place. No vendors will have the million dollars it will take for a non-guaranteed approval.

Vendor's like this are taking it very seriously.

View attachment 32075

It won't be anywhere near 1 million. I think most established vendors have been preparing for years and will meet compliance on day 1...

They guys mixing up China nic, Tractor Supply VG and Walmart cake flavors in their basement probably won't survive, and that's a good thing...

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It won't be anywhere near 1 million. I think most established vendors have been preparing for years and will meet compliance on day 1...

I've talked to many established vendors, have read their comments on various forums and blogs, and have yet to have heard a single one say they are prepared.. Why? The FDA hasn't "officially" released the requirements yet.

How many vendors do you think will be able to comply with this? Almost none. Each eliquid vendor will have to provide scientific studies on each juice line they carry, along with individual studies of each of the ingredients. And even if they were able to go through all this, they still need more studies on why they think their product would be beneficial to the general public health. Then, there is no guarantee they will be approved. Why do you think big tobacco companies are spending hundreds of millions hiring scientists doing eliquid studies? Big Tobacco has supposedly helped the FDA write this stuff. Do you think these tobacco companies want the current competition to survive? Hell no they don't.

fda1.jpg
fda2.jpg

fda3.jpg

DeadShort

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Very few people look at these advocacy threads. @VaporJoes should temporarily sticky the above CASAA link on every topic section on this forum. But he won't.

You have to even realize such a group of topics even exists on this forum, and you have to scroll forever down the page to see these groups of advocacy topics.
What's the main purpose of having a site devoted to being a top site on this subject or hobby? Is it's main purpose just for allowing vendors to unleash the China Garden on us, and blow bombing a steady upgrade of watts of vapor out of your mouth.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's another part for you. You think your local B&M will be safe, mixing their own liquids or selling & modifying non-approved areosolizing devices?
Think again.

fda5.jpg

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's another part for you. You think your local B&M will be safe, mixing their own liquids or selling & modifying non-approved areosolizing devices?
Think again.

View attachment 32087

I don't shop at B&Ms in the US. There were no B&Ms when I started vaping and could all go out of business for all I care...
For the most part, the proposals deal with disposables...

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've talked to many established vendors, have read their comments on various forums and blogs, and have yet to have heard a single one say they are prepared.. Why? The FDA hasn't "officially" released the requirements yet.

How many vendors do you think will be able to comply with this? Almost none. Each eliquid vendor will have to provide scientific studies on each juice line they carry, along with individual studies of each of the ingredients. And even if they were able to go through all this, they still need more studies on why they think their product would be beneficial to the general public health. Then, there is no guarantee they will be approved. Why do you think big tobacco companies are spending hundreds of millions hiring scientists doing eliquid studies? Big Tobacco has supposedly helped the FDA write this stuff. Do you think these tobacco companies want the current competition to survive? Hell no they don't.

View attachment 32080
View attachment 32081

View attachment 32083

I don't buy into the crazed conspiracy theories. Studies have been done already involving just about all the ingredients in e-liquid...

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So the atf was cut out, the fda is carte blanch handing over control of approval to the tobacco advisory board... HOLY fucking shit.
Seriously holy fucking shit, that is like handing a child to a pedophile and not expecting bad shit to happen.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The FDA doesn't have the personnel or funds to regulate e-liquid and e-cigs the way many seem to think they will...

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The FDA doesn't have the personnel or funds to regulate e-liquid and e-cigs the way many seem to think they will...
Don;t need it with snitch ass bitches, and jack boot thugs to enforce their goals.
Big pharma and tobacco sure as fuck have the funds to push the enforcement of it. kind of like how the fuck they did on other stuff.
(Edited by staff)

Last edited by a moderator:

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don;t need it with snitch ass bitches, and jack boot thugs to enforce their goals.
Big pharma and tobacco sure as fuck have the funds to push the enforcement of it. kind of like how the fuck they did on pot.

If BiG Tobacco had any power, high taxes on cigarettes would have never passed, smoking would be allowed in public where it was in the 1990's and NASCAR would still be sponsored by Winston Salem...

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If BiG Tobacco had any power, high taxes on cigarettes would have never passed, smoking would be allowed in public where it was in the 1990's and NASCAR would still be sponsored by Winston Salem...
They schedule it, and the FDA gains full fuck you power to raid and rape your business and home.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They schedule it, and the FDA gains full fuck you power to raid and rape your business and home.

They don't have the resources. It will be regulations which can never be enforced outside of B&Ms; not with the internet...

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They don't have the resources. It will be regulations which can never be enforced outside of B&Ms; not with the internet...
Think so huh?
Customs will get to play diddle your butt if that is the case.. cause fuck terrorism you imported vape shit.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Think so huh?
Customs will get to play diddle your butt if that is the case.. cause fuck terrorism you imported vape shit.

CBP has far more important things to worry about...

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Part of me doesn't care anymore about what the FDA decides to do, ban it all for all I care, I'd like to eventually kick the habit of inhalants anyway, but on the other hand, I do feel for existing smokers out there who would really benefit from vaping something as simple as an ego pen and clearomizer.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Part of me doesn't care anymore about what the FDA decides to do, ban it all for all I care, I'd like to eventually kick the habit of inhalants anyway, but on the other hand, I do feel for existing smokers out there who would really benefit from vaping something as simple as an ego pen and clearomizer.
C'mon Ken, you sold me a mod to give to my Brother to quit smoking. Get that other part of you that still cares to send out that email :)

centaurianslug

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't shop at B&Ms in the US. There were no B&Ms when I started vaping and could all go out of business for all I care...
For the most part, the proposals deal with disposables...
Respect your opinion but b&m's are on the front line converting smokers daily. I pay a little extra and visit at least one shop a week because I feel like they are growing our community and saving lives.

rrperez75

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi I am pretty much a newbie here and here are my thoughts. I have sent the emails and made the phone calls, I have also shared the CASAA link on all the social media sites I go to so with that done all I can do is start slowly lowering my nic levels so in the end if they get banned I wont have the temptation to go back to the stinkies.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Respect your opinion but b&m's are on the front line converting smokers daily. I pay a little extra and visit at least one shop a week because I feel like they are growing our community and saving lives.

The ones near me are a joke. Fat slobs blowing clouds, overpriced e-liquid and equipment...

VU Sponsors