Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I understand their point though ...
Life might have evolved in that solar system.
A porpoise is good to have, having no porpoise blinds us.
Go get a porpoise and begin to sea.
billions of solar systems with no life in them.
Just in this galaxy alone and many with no viable planets.

But yes might work out better after the rock falls and only sea life survives.
a few hundred thousand years later this might be a nice place with a peaceful dominant species?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So your telling us that your planet is using earth as a penal colony? :giggle:

Mornin fugees and GFY :p :cloud:

Just for me.
No one wanted the assignment. I was kinda drafted...

And besides that would be considered cruel punishment by the rest of the galaxy.
Well except for the Trobulans. They are mean and contained in their star system.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So your telling us that your planet is using earth as a penal colony? :giggle:

Mornin fugees and GFY :p :cloud:

Why does that not surprise me in the least??? :facepalm: I always figger, I must have been a really bad person in some previous life, to end up in this one! But maybe I've finally learned my lesson(s)... life has gotten a lot better in recent years. :)

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just for me.
No one wanted the assignment. I was kinda drafted...

And besides that would be considered cruel punishment by the rest of the galaxy.
Well except for the Trobulans. They are mean and contained in their star system.

Man Bob, I hate to break it to ya but your screwed! All these centuries here and it was under your watch that those looney ass humans made it into space. With whats to come, the galactic parlaplanatary tribunal will also lay at your feet whats to come. You allowed humans to infest the galaxy like a virus!

100 years ago most of the world didnt have electricity. Now people throw tantrums if their power is off for 10 minutes. 50 years ago man walked on the moon. Today we have private companies as well as nations in a race to establish moon colonies as well as mining operations on the moon. Ten years from now moon colonies will be the norm as well as transports to and from the moon. 20 years from now we will probably see colonies on Mars as well. 50 years from now manned space flights will have reached the farthest points of our galaxy and 100 years from now mankind will be trying to go to other galaxies. All this will be laid at your feet Bob. You allowed the human virus to spread thru-out the galaxy. Now thats what I call an epic GFY's :giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh the solar system is no problem for humans to infest it.
But should humans develop FTL drive then they will meet 'Gort'.

Moon colony's? Not unless there is profit in it.
Ohh sure a small habitat may be set up there but no colony unless there is profit to be made.

Yep on my watch, because that is all that I am supposed to do.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But yes might work out better after the rock falls and only sea life survives.
a few hundred thousand years later this might be a nice place with a peaceful dominant species?

Well here we think humans are the dominate species. What then can be made of rocks here? I learned that rocks can swim. If you doubt that, explain how rocks come to shorelines? They swim in from the sea and rest on the shores.

Rocks are in fact a peaceful race, too. You never hear of Shale on Granite or Agate on Turquoise violence do you? The only time there might be rocks seem violent is when humans interfere, pick up a rock and sling it, bash another humans' skull in. Rocks just do not naturally do violence.

Trees on the other hand are terribly violent, using their roots to break rocks and such. They even have their own assassins guild to kill humans. Recall all the skiers in recent past years that met their demise in having a tree jump out in front of them. Trees are quite violent.

Update: Mom had 7 hours under a knife. The doc who did the surgery is confident he got the cancerous tumor all out. It took him a bit longer than he expected as mom's actual internals were not quite what her pictured internals were, they were a little more spaced out. I figure the contrast dye shewed the perception just a little. At any given that was a small mater which didn't cause any great trouble once adjusted to do. Now she's in hospital to heal, up to a week and possibly two. She needed a vacation anyway. Odd quirk for the religious, the preacher from her church came up right before her going into surgery. He stood on one side of her and took her hand, prayed. The doc chimed in "I'll pray with you as well," took her other hand. Mom said she knew then everything was fine. I'm glad she has such peace.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But should humans develop FTL drive then they will meet 'Gort'.

Just wait until we can actually explain what the force of gravity truly is. Folks suggest magnetism but that's not it. Some think inertia but that doesn't quite track either. Gravity is this mysterious force for which we have yet to crack the code of how to create or remove. Once we do this FTL travel will be a snap because we can regulate having no gravity or little and move frictionless. Light does not face any friction.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trees on the other hand are terribly violent, using their roots to break rocks and such.

Ahh they give birth to baby rocks?
Actually rocks kinda live a reverse life cycle with starting out big and dwindling their entire life until they become sand, dust and dirt.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wait until we can actually explain what the force of gravity truly is. Folks suggest magnetism but that's not it. Some think inertia but that doesn't quite track either. Gravity is this mysterious force for which we have yet to crack the code of how to create or remove. Once we do this FTL travel will be a snap because we can regulate having no gravity or little and move frictionless. Light does not face any friction.

A heavy subject.

Gravity is related to mass but is not a Catholic concept.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Man Bob, I hate to break it to ya but your screwed! All these centuries here and it was under your watch that those looney ass humans made it into space.

All this will be laid at your feet Bob. You allowed the human virus to spread thru-out the galaxy. Now thats what I call an epic GFY's :giggle:

See though, that's fine because Bob is the ultimate scapegoat. Got indigestion? You probably ate at Bob's burger joint. Need a specific bolt, wrench? You can find it at Bob's hardware. Need a decent used car? See Bob's used cars.

All hail Bob, make slack not war.

Attachments

• TheBOB.jpeg
    TheBOB.jpeg
    26.9 KB · Views: 5

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
100 years ago most of the world didnt have electricity. Now people throw tantrums if their power is off for 10 minutes.

True, but buying a laptop, and having a diff internet provider on my mobile phone, means I could go for at least a couple hours before it's time for a tantrum... however the stuff in the fridge might throw its own tantrum. :)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Update: Mom had 7 hours under a knife. The doc who did the surgery is confident he got the cancerous tumor all out. It took him a bit longer than he expected as mom's actual internals were not quite what her pictured internals were, they were a little more spaced out. I figure the contrast dye shewed the perception just a little. At any given that was a small mater which didn't cause any great trouble once adjusted to do. Now she's in hospital to heal, up to a week and possibly two. She needed a vacation anyway. Odd quirk for the religious, the preacher from her church came up right before her going into surgery. He stood on one side of her and took her hand, prayed. The doc chimed in "I'll pray with you as well," took her other hand. Mom said she knew then everything was fine. I'm glad she has such peace.

All the best to your mom and family!!!! Tell her your demented online buddies are pulling for her! :hug:

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well here we think humans are the dominate species. What then can be made of rocks here? I learned that rocks can swim. If you doubt that, explain how rocks come to shorelines? They swim in from the sea and rest on the shores.

Rocks are in fact a peaceful race, too. You never hear of Shale on Granite or Agate on Turquoise violence do you? The only time there might be rocks seem violent is when humans interfere, pick up a rock and sling it, bash another humans' skull in. Rocks just do not naturally do violence.

Trees on the other hand are terribly violent, using their roots to break rocks and such. They even have their own assassins guild to kill humans. Recall all the skiers in recent past years that met their demise in having a tree jump out in front of them. Trees are quite violent.

Glad your moms doing good Morely!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Right now they know gravity exist and that it. No clue how to measure it or replicate it. Yet as commerce in space grows, the rich and pampered will want to space travel and before we know it the gravity problem will be solved. Might take a couple hundred years but they will eventually figure it out and it will take innovation for it.

Thats why this is exciting times in regards to space. NASA going back to the moon.....whooppie, so what. Yet its not just governments, it is private companies in this venture. Jeff Bezos, the owner of Amazon started a company a few years back called Blue Origins and they have plans of their own moon colony with their eye on making money. Many opportunities on the moon for enterprising businesses that can reach the moon and yesterday I heard it will soon be a trillion a year industry soon. With private companies, that is what will really fuel the innovation and artificial gravity one day will be a reality. Once that happens, there will be no stopping the human race from space travel or the many solar systems we will visit and colonize.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Jeff Bezos, the owner of Amazon started a company a few years back called Blue Origins and they have plans of their own moon colony with their eye on making money.

Knew he bought The Washington Post. I was not aware he had gotten into the space market. There is allegedly a group of Russian/Ukrainian billionaires also funding one big group to get into space, as well as many other smaller groups/companies. I also know about a German with such interests. Of course, there are a few Japanese as well looking into space Mitsuamya(sic) being only one "family". Yep, yep, yep plenty of private interests looking into space.

My hope is that our exploration does not become a Frankenstein, or worse unleash C'thulu. All we would need is wizards going around making walking and talking carrots. Bad enough we have had Roman lettuce that allegedly was roaming around spreading a bowl of E. Next you know we'll have Irish potatoes spreading cyanide. Which reminds me, I keep seeing a vodka advertised as being made from non-gmo-grains. Um, isn't vodka potato blood?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And which country 'owns' the moon?
Or is this what is going to be determined in the not too distant future?

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And which country 'owns' the moon?
Or is this what is going to be determined in the not too distant future?

Every country thinks they "own" the moon. One day it will be decided and probably blown up so no one can own it. Now ya know why your gonna be in hot water for letting the human virus lose in the galaxy? There are gonna throw the Chuxxun Nebula peace accords at ya this time! :teehee:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Every country thinks they "own" the moon. One day it will be decided and probably blown up so no one can own it. Now ya know why your gonna be in hot water for letting the human virus lose in the galaxy? There are gonna throw the Chuxxun Nebula peace accords at ya this time! :teehee:

What humans do in their own solar system does not concern the galactic powers.

IF (big if) humans survive long enough to discover how to escape their own solar system it will be close to 1000 years?
Then the powers that be will put their feet down or pseudopods, etc.

Humans always have seen the future far closer than it actually is.
Most visions of the 60' had us flying to work in flying cars and such long before now.
yeah they exist and have for decades but are we using them?
Lordy I hope not humans have enough trouble not crashing on the ground.

I am reminded of Les Nessman wanting his own traffic copter...
And the Turkey delivery was classic :D

And people flying around throwing their beer bottles and McDonalds trash out of their windows....

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Distraction

That, and since he's too big a doofus to believe in climate change, once all his gazillionaire buddlies get done trashing THIS planet, they'll need to start working on trashing Mars.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What humans do in their own solar system does not concern the galactic powers.

IF (big if) humans survive long enough to discover how to escape their own solar system it will be close to 1000 years?
Then the powers that be will put their feet down or pseudopods, etc.

Humans always have seen the future far closer than it actually is.
Most visions of the 60' had us flying to work in flying cars and such long before now.
yeah they exist and have for decades but are we using them?
Lordy I hope not humans have enough trouble not crashing on the ground.

I am reminded of Les Nessman wanting his own traffic copter...
And the Turkey delivery was classic :D

And people flying around throwing their beer bottles and McDonalds trash out of their windows....

The turkeys was a classic :giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is on one of the local broadcast channels here. Or was have not seen it in a few weeks or so...

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That, and since he's too big a doofus to believe in climate change, once all his gazillionaire buddlies get done trashing THIS planet, they'll need to start working on trashing Mars.

Andria

Climate change is the biggest hoax put on the world. A way for people to take billions from governments.

I never believed in climate change. Ever since they banned R12 so companies could make billions from the newer gas and BTW, its been proven that man kind can not manufacture enough R12 to ever harm the ozone. Before I stopped working I heard about some weather guys who released a joint statement AFTER they retired on how they was forced during their careers to falsify data in support of climate change.

Plus in this day and age scientist cant even agree that there is only two genders.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Old guy leather daddy, lmao

View attachment 125344
Is that Fresh 03?

yeah I just like the music do not pay any attention to the players.

Unless maybe they are very hot and female :)
But still no hero worship or follow their personal life.
Just not how I roll.

I have no heroes.

Many musicians go down in my opinion once I learn something about them or see their pics.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mornin fugee's and ya know what to do :p

Heard on the news this morning NASA is heading back to the moon and wants no part of the transportation of people and supplies back and forth. Instead they have accepted bids from nine private companys for space flights as soon as next year.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
routing more tax dollars to private corporations.
ie outsourcing...

I have to wonder how much of our economy is directly related to tax dollars....

VU Sponsors