Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It seems you're getting the Mr. Riley treatment for yourself. :)

Can understand a couple not sleeping together. Pap & Grandma had stopped sleeping together after so long together. The main reasoning was Pap would get up at 10 PM to go to work and come back home around 7:30 AM. Grandma said he also did something my wife says I do. We soak the bed from cold sweat, our bodies turn on an internal furnace. I also snore, or did until apnea was diagnosed and I got the CPap.

Yeah, my mate is also a furnace, but never sweats in his sleep. I always loved using him as a footwarmer, so he's probably just as happy about sleeping solo for the past 10 yrs as I am. :D He's got some variant of "restless legs" that affects his entire body, so he doesn't just wiggle, he JUMPS... every fucking 3 minutes, give or take 10 secs either way. He had the sleep study done back when we had insurance, and the doc says to him, "did you know you move 20 times an hour?" He said his wife told him he LEAPS about every 3 minutes so that makes sense. :giggle: Then there's the snoring.... sounds like water escaping down a clogged drain... no matter if he's on his back, side, stomach, or whatever.... he snores... LOUDLY. CONSTANTLY. We finally both just couldn't take the middle of the night screaming matches anymore, so he moved to the "guest room".

I sometimes miss him, and at first I would sometimes go crawl in bed with him, but I'd never be able to get to sleep, so I quit doing that, even though I still sometimes miss him. A bigger problem is that he's a "fast sleeper" -- sound asleep inside 2 minutes -- and I'm a slow sleeper -- can take 10-30 mins for me to fall asleep, even when I'm not suffering insomnia. So as compatible as we are in every other way... not at all in our sleeping habits. :(

Andria

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
ahh yes and yet another trip to the big city for SIL appt.
Scheduled for during rush hour too...

Perfect!

Hopefully you can return later this week to fill scripts that were forgotten before today's excursion - it being a holiday week and busiest shopping day of the year and all

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I always loved using him as a footwarmer, so he's probably just as happy about sleeping solo for the past 10 yrs as I am. :D

Gee, I wonder if that's a universal Wheedle girl thing y'all insert into that hitching up contract. ;)
It must be for even me needing to take rounds warming feet. I don't mind that much either. Like today I didn't mind cleaning baked on cheese from a Corning-ware casserole dish, but I gave her a bit of grief over it. :)

:vapemail: Got a package from Dunham county NC. Inside was a packing slip with a smiley face saying thank you & a 10 ml bottle of TFA peppermint flavoring. Added some to part of a 10 ml unflavored squonk bottle.

"Oh my, oh my!" :) Yummy. Almost cleared my sinuses. *chuckles* But it's really good, reminds me of grandma's peppermint tea I used to guzzle down all day.

Black powder season is in here. So Shrek big hero he is has been all kinds of cuddly out of fearing the intermittent and random little pops sounding like cannons. He come up stairs with me looking to go out. Guess I better, ...

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
- it being a holiday week and busiest shopping day of the year and all

Grr. Don't remind me. We went to Wally World for something Saturday evening. Gah! *shaking fist* Had a full on panic attack. Wife told me "find a sit spot, sit I'll go quick and we'll get the flock out of here."

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Grr. Don't remind me. We went to Wally World for something Saturday evening. Gah! *shaking fist* Had a full on panic attack. Wife told me "find a sit spot, sit I'll go quick and we'll get the flock out of here."

Geez, that already? Friday night here, trying to do our grocery shopping, there must have been 87,000 people in there, over half of them about half the width of the damn aisles. :headbang: And course they can't stand to one side or the other with their mammoth girths, they must stand SMACK in the middle, so that NO ONE can go around them... and have lengthy hollered conversations with someone they probably live right next door to. :facepalm: Oh, and the other half of them demonstrating their complete ignorance of birth control, with their 8 or 10 kids all screaming for all the worthless shit they can find. But I guess they gotta have that many kids, to get those FOOD STAMPS! :facepalm: Stupid people are in the majority because intelligent people don't have that many brats!!!!!!!

Andria

PS, MMM -- the baked on shit on the cookware, that's what soaking overnight is for! Universal solvent plus dish detergent plus 8-12 hrs soak = clean dish! Or at least, EASILY cleaned!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Perfect!

Hopefully you can return later this week to fill scripts that were forgotten before today's excursion - it being a holiday week and busiest shopping day of the year and all
Of course.
finished my Wally world shopping and waited forever for SIL to come out with her stuff.
She wrote a check and they finally caught her DL that expired back in January. So she was well loved by those behind her in line.
4 hours on the road, Lexington traffic at rush hour, etc.
driving in the dark and rain...

Need a handful of tranqs :)

Saturday was my only day until next Tuesday that either the wife unit or SIL does not have me scheduled to go somewhere.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Geez, that already? Friday night here, trying to do our grocery shopping, there must have been 87,000 people in there, over half of them about half the width of the damn aisles. :headbang: And course they can't stand to one side or the other with their mammoth girths, they must stand SMACK in the middle, so that NO ONE can go around them... and have lengthy hollered conversations with someone they probably live right next door to. :facepalm: Oh, and the other half of them demonstrating their complete ignorance of birth control, with their 8 or 10 kids all screaming for all the worthless shit they can find. But I guess they gotta have that many kids, to get those FOOD STAMPS! :facepalm: Stupid people are in the majority because intelligent people don't have that many brats!!!!!!!

Andria

PS, MMM -- the baked on shit on the cookware, that's what soaking overnight is for! Universal solvent plus dish detergent plus 8-12 hrs soak = clean dish! Or at least, EASILY cleaned!

I thought it was funny the men with lists and a worried look putting stuff for holiday dinner in their carts....

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I usually stay the hell out of town anyways. Hammond La is about 15 minutes south of me and has grown to a fairly large city. I dont go there unless I have to. This time of year....oh fuck no!

I catch crap on this all the time. Always hearing "just go to town" but nope, I go to a little country grocery store and they have a dollar general close plus I know very well how to order stuff online :p Way I see it, I spent over 30 years in the so called "real world", the rat race and now that I am disabled/retired I see no reason to get anywhere close to that mess again. Plus I am a loner, I always preferred to be either by myself or only small groups. Rascal is about the only one I can stand to be around me for long :giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ahh the perfect moment in time.
Right now Chocolate is good for you and Romaine lettuce can kill you.
Been waiting my whole life for this perfect moment :D

I hate romaine lettuce anyway, it's all soft and wilty, not crisp like iceberg lettuce. When I eat a salad, there should be a CRUNCH.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Officially ready to do jack shit for a couple of days :bliss:

I baked my pumpkin pies today -- had a sample too, and they pass inspection. :D Tomorrow, I cook the feast. :)

Got all my new stuff set up last night; new bed and mattress set -- it sleeps very nicely. :) Takes some getting used to, but I do love not having my feet over the edge -- queen size bed is the same length as a king, 5 inches longer than a twin or full -- I tried to reach the footboard, and my feet just don't reach it, and that is GREAT!!! Got the comforter set today, and decided I would use the bedskirt, because the comforter isn't as wide as I would prefer. I may end up ordering a king set, just to get a bigger comforter. It's hard to see much, it's a bit cramped in here now, but here's a pic (the comforter's still a bit wrinkled from being smooshed into the big zipper bag it came in, and the bedskirt too, but that'll fall out, in time):

mynewbed-athome.jpg

Andria

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can somebody tell me what this is about?

I've been vaping only since March and truthfully when I did a search for vape forums back then, this one is the one I went to. I've spent almost no time at ECF and am honestly not up on what this topic is all about.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Can somebody tell me what this is about?

I've been vaping only since March and truthfully when I did a search for vape forums back then, this one is the one I went to. I've spent almost no time at ECF and am honestly not up on what this topic is all about.

This is where some of us who were friends on ECF come to socialize since quitting over there almost three years ago - we rarely talk about ECF anymore, more like a friend's hangout and you are welcome to come shoot the shit with us

We are politically incorrect, swear a lot and like to laugh and bitch about life in general

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is where some of us who were friends on ECF come to socialize since quitting over there almost three years ago - we rarely talk about ECF anymore, more like a friend's hangout and you are welcome to come shoot the shit with us

We are politically incorrect, swear a lot and like to laugh and bitch about life in general

Couldn't have put it better if I TRIED. :D

You ain't missing anything over at ECF, @gsmit1 -- just a bunch of small-minded nazi assholes for moderators, and their asslicking sycophants. The moderators here are only assholes occasionally... mostly they're A-OK. :D

The feast was excellent. Now I'm awaiting space in which to put some of that yummilicious pumpkin pie. :)

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In all honesty I have not been to ECF in so long that I cannot say what it is like now.
Might be the same old place or maybe better than it was?
Just not interested enough to find out :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In all honesty I have not been to ECF in so long that I cannot say what it is like now.
Might be the same old place or maybe better than it was?
Just not interested enough to find out :D

I wander over there occasionally if I'm trying to find some technical info.. batteries or something, since Mooch hangs out there... and that other guy I went looking for, about the benefits of bottom airflow... but otherwise... in the immortal words of Smokie... FUHGEDDABOUTIT! There's just 2 people over there who rarely come here, and I really wish they would... Kat, and DP Longo, the Gunslinger... Both have accts here, but rarely venture this way. I miss 'em both, but not enough to go back there.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only go straight to mooch's blog over there. I have it bookmarked so straight to it.

I could not log in there even if I wanted since I changed my pw to something difficult and threw it away and changed my email to robert_cromwell@retired1sucks If I remember correctly.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Yeah, we're the motely crue of motely crues. Another of my little catch phrases is I don't where I'm going but it's okay because I'll get there faster.

There was a falling out on ECF and we fell to here. Excuse me need to go attend life. Back in a bit.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm enjoying a day all by myself today... ahh bliss. The mate is off earning some cash with our friend who hires him for yardwork, which he'll be doing on Sunday too... and the spawn is at a friend's house, keeping their dog out of mischief while they put up xmas crap.

I love the solitary quiet. :) It's gonna be scarce in a few weeks, when the spawn's semester ends and he's home till after new year's.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sitting here doing absolutely nothing, I came up with a 'banner" for the fugee thread:

tumblr_pio0434RpN1vga2mio1_250.gif

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Been f-ing myself a good bit. Running into trouble though. I get stuck and won't go over. I blame whatever or whoever is the current favorite scapegoat.

"Meanwhile back at squonk mods, ..." M3 says, "yep, that peppermint sure is yummy."

Ugh, the triptophan is great this day. Horse I almost fell off.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I love the solitary quiet. :) It's gonna be scarce in a few weeks, when the spawn's semester ends and he's home till after new year's.

Take him shopping forget to tell him you're leaving and run off. My mom is/was brilliant doing that to me. Un/Fortunately, I was too good at tracking her down and I could not be gotten rid of so easily.

"Y'know son I been thinking, you probably would have been better off taking a C.I.A job and been listed as dead," she told me once in a phone conversation. Some mom's are like that. They revert back to teaching their children the way of the Spartans.

Of course, look how I turned out, perfectly normal for sure. :)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Take him shopping forget to tell him you're leaving and run off. My mom is/was brilliant doing that to me. Un/Fortunately, I was too good at tracking her down and I could not be gotten rid of so easily.

"Y'know son I been thinking, you probably would have been better off taking a C.I.A job and been listed as dead," she told me once in a phone conversation. Some mom's are like that. They revert back to teaching their children the way of the Spartans.

Of course, look how I turned out, perfectly normal for sure. :)

I wouldnt say your normal morely because in this day and age normal is really fucked up. Now all of us here are fucked up in our own way but we including you buddy are worlds above todays "normal".

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Watched "Santa Claus Concurs the Martians" last night - terrible/awesome all at once

Watched the Martian with that dipwad Damon in it. Not a bad movie but damn it makes me wish earthlings would get off their ass and commercialize a colony on the moon.

I firmly believe that if this world dont end itself, one day we will be space travelers. But before we can reach that point it will take commercial enterprise from a moon colony to fuel the technology that will be needed for space travel. I heard the owner of Amazon is getting close and if I remember right I think the target date is 2022. It would be cool to see in my lifetime :)

(Especially since Cromwell wont give us a joy ride in his space craft LOL)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wouldnt say your normal morely because in this day and age normal is really fucked up. Now all of us here are fucked up in our own way but we including you buddy are worlds above todays "normal".

Yeah, I was hoping the smile conveyed a little sarcasm. *chuckles* My wife has told me "you're so far around the bend you can no longer poke sanity with a stick." Then, the mental health therapist I see says I'm the sanest insane person they've met. I reckon somewhere between there you'll find a little four year old boy trying to figure it all out still.

I agree though if we're fugees, we're well beyond normal. We got a leg up because we know the world tells us fuck you, but still laugh at it and say "no thanks, fucked myself already."

Nope, If I break the rules I might get stranded here forever!

I'm still convinced they've left you anyway. Know that at least 400 years we had not seen them again, far as I know still not. Think you wore out their patience with all your inventing stuff.

"We'll drop him off here on this backwater world and give him the strictest rules. That'll teach him!"

"Fine, but do we come back for him?"

"..."

Face it you're stuck with us, like it or not.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I was hoping the smile conveyed a little sarcasm. *chuckles* My wife has told me "you're so far around the bend you can no longer poke sanity with a stick." Then, the mental health therapist I see says I'm the sanest insane person they've met. I reckon somewhere between there you'll find a little four year old boy trying to figure it all out still.

I agree though if we're fugees, we're well beyond normal. We got a leg up because we know the world tells us fuck you, but still laugh at it and say "no thanks, fucked myself already."

I'm still convinced they've left you anyway. Know that at least 400 years we had not seen them again, far as I know still not. Think you wore out their patience with all your inventing stuff.

"We'll drop him off here on this backwater world and give him the strictest rules. That'll teach him!"

"..."

I brought along a teleportation module just in case.
:D

Never blindly trust those in power.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

"..."

Naah it was kind of punishment for destroying a solar system...

It is not like anyone lived there!

And it was not on purpose.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Never blindly trust those in power.

Yes in action, in word and in deed that power stuff is a funny notion.

True power though earned from ages of being the lowest never imposes itself. True power is never felt, seen, noticed. A fleeting smile both makes all right and knows all is right without so much as a thought of effort. True power is never corrupted and keeps its integrity, honor.

Absolute power, well it corrupts absolutely and is all the vice True power will never be. This evil needs routed from our shared world of many worlds, dimensions, times. It is this what wields entropy as a rapier to wrought death absolute. We are Life, the Light of all, there is reason contrary to death absolute.

Takes no religion to have a belief, nor a god to cleave to hope. Someone once told me that, many a moon ago.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Naah it was kind of punishment for destroying a solar system...
It is not like anyone lived there!
And it was not on purpose.

I understand their point though ...
Life might have evolved in that solar system.
A porpoise is good to have, having no porpoise blinds us.
Go get a porpoise and begin to sea.
I just had an urchin for the halibut.

Explanation: My mom is out of surgery tonight but still heavily medicated for pain. I get her high pain tolerance. I also get her being trashed out her gourd via osmosis/esp/mother&son link. My whole family can pop in on one another and borrow one another's eyes, well most of us. Some could but don't. For example I can pop in mom driving somewhere and see where she is going, she can pop in and see I'm washing dishes. It can be weird at times, or hilarious. So anyhow, that's why I'm so whimsical. She's doped up but good, gee, so am i. :)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors