Become a Patron!

ECC BANS ALL CLONES FROM BEING SOLD

brandon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
if you save your pennys and stop buying 55 mods from fasttech every week you can afford a nice authentic. its rewarding getting something very nice and compensating the person who designed and created the product.. I hate when people whine about being poor and can only afford clones its not an excuse its a cop out...

clones may save peoples lives but authentic's do it with style

PAPAW

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You would have to bring 2 tractor trailers of clones to make a Dollar. ECC supports artists and authenticity, bravo.

What gets me is you always hear, just as in this thread, if the makers don't want cloned they should get a patent or trademark. Well, we have seen what the clone pimps do when a company does this then tries to stand up for what's theirs and what's right.... They get demonized and made out to be the bad guys on the clone pimps blogs. Hum hum hum.... HANA lawsuits ring a bell?

There is a US company making a fantastic authentic mode right now selling for $70bucks.... I won't hold my breath for these same blogs to pimp them anytime soon........

Pathetic.

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You are not a hobbyist vapor. You are a cessation vaper. High end mods are more for collectors and hobbyist. Which is why people whine and complain. They want the high end mods but do not want to pay for it. It is occupy wall street all over again.
Peoples lives are at stake here if a clone keeps them from returning to smoking I am all for it even if its an Ego Battery from fast tech for 1/2 price possibly same manufacturer in china You do know that pharmaceutical sell both the name brand and generic drug sometimes right?[and it the same drug] not always there are companies that just produce generics- it would be nice if a Mod Doctor could tell them this is the generic version of the authentic your insurance will not cover the name brand and do not call the generic by the Brand name. Now name brand medications have a multi year exclusive rights to sell a medication but they spent Millions developing it and getting it approved by the FDA and if the FDA goes strict regulation thats all you'll be able to buy for Mods They ones someone can can spend a few million to be approved by the FDA - Big Tobacco - is that direction the Authentic only crowd is hoping for? Or would you rather come together as a community and Advocate for Vapers rights?

Trauma Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Let us take this debate to a different product.

Cellphones.

There are clones of cell phones. But people gladly every day either buy a cheaper authentic product or shell out for the more costly device. Many people save up for months to buy that new Iphone on release day. Why can you not do this if you claim to be a vaper and not just a cessation seeker. Because you still think in terms of a smoker. You hated when you would walk in a store and your smokes were 55 cents higher. You would bitch and complain but still buy them. Well now you do the same thing and china says, "hey here is our version, it is inferior and might explode in your hand easier than the real one, but it is only 25 bucks instead of 175. So you shell out 25 bucks and buy a clone then complain when someone is happy they got the real one.

Like it or not that is in a nutshell exactly how most of the whiners think. Cessationist and non whiners this does not apply to you.

skenzer

Member For 4 Years
It not about which is better... It about one being a fucking ripoff of someone else's work. No logos or straight out design copy's fine.. No one would have this problem. To support or defend this ripoff commie slave labor practice in it current straight up stealing form is pure bullshit.

No morals
No ethics
The same mouth breathers that screw over their own mother for a dollar.....

That's what you clone lovers are, plain and simple.

LOL, Nice try Troll

Trauma Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Peoples lives are at stake here if a clone keeps them from returning to smoking I am all for it even if its an Ego Battery from fast tech for 1/2 price possibly same manufacturer in china You do know that pharmaceutical sell both the name brand and generic drug sometimes right?[and it the same drug] not always there are companies that just produce generics- it would be nice if a Mod Doctor could tell them this is the generic version of the authentic your insurance will not cover the name brand and do not call the generic by the Brand name. Now name brand medications have a multi year exclusive rights to sell a medication but they spent Millions developing it and getting it approved by the FDA and if the FDA goes strict regulation thats all you'll be able to buy for Mods They ones someone can can spend a few million to be approved by the FDA - Big Tobacco - is that direction the Authentic only crowd is hoping for? Or would you rather come together as a community and Advocate for Vapers rights?

They could do it that way. By doing what a few people(including myself) have suggested. Removing logos and labels and getting permission to make it. And paying a royalty.

PAPAW

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
DEAL ALERT, Maximum Vapors is selling the iHybrid Pure for $38.99..go buy yourself an authentic! Coupon automatic in cart

vappydan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What right does a show have concerning what items are sold unless they violate applicable laws? I can't believe this!

brandon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
its a convention to showcase new and exciting things in the vaping world... a clone isn't new or exciting

skenzer

Member For 4 Years
How many different ways are there to make a battery tube? I'm pretty sure that even so called "original" manufacturers are stealing from other "original" manufacturers. Open your eyes and look at 95% of the mods out there today.....they are just plain battery tubes and all look the same.

Look at the Colonial...WOW, that's super unique! NOT. Look at the Vanilla mod, the Penny mod, the XXIX mod...and so and so and so. Seems to me that you could call of them thief's just as well. They all look like regular old battery tubes. Oh wait, one of them had a ring around the bottom of the tube. WOW...super unique!!

Take the logo's off the clones and call it good. Other than that, you can't come down on the clones because there's too much copying going on already amongst the authentics.

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They could do it that way. By doing what a few people(including myself) have suggested. Removing logos and labels and getting permission to make it. And paying a royalty.
Lets see how the Hana Lawsuit turns out they had a patent on their logo. If you do not have a patent on your logo I think your are SOOL

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Lets see how the Hana Lawsuit turns out they had a patent on their logo. If you do not have a patent on your logo I think your are SOOL

Actually thats not true.. They filed for a trademark.. its an application.
However you dont even need to file with the government for a trademark - if you can prove you were first to use it.

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am buying this
Blue Tongue Genesis Hybrid (Stainless Steel)(Discount) ever seen a clone of it? No because its Original and a few years old so price drops according to demand

• Blue_Tongue_Mods_SUS_Genesis_Hybrid__89115.1405420413.30.30.jpg
    http://www.bluetonguemods.com.au/genesis/ these were over $125 when they came out and that was not a gouge unlike many RDA's RTA's[Authentic]
Price:
$56.26

skenzer

Member For 4 Years
I wonder where the vaping community would be right now without clones? It seems that it's quite possible that clones could have played a large part in how large the community has grown. They're lower prices and increased quality have made it possible for people with less disposable income to purchase RDA's, Mods and even cloned VV/VW APV's.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I wonder where the vaping community would be right now without clones? It seems that it's quite possible that clones could have played a large part in how large the community has grown. They're lower prices and increased quality have made it possible for people with less disposable income to purchase RDA's, Mods and even cloned VV/VW APV's.

It would be where it was before Vaporjoes.com -- $150.00 for an ego kit.

PAPAW

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ECC wouldn't be the premier and biggest ECig convention if it peddled clone booths. There is a reason why it is the biggest vape convention that draws from around the world. If you want to see clones drive up the street 2 blocks.

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ever scene
pureS26650_zps23ead7cf.jpg
this Cloned? the one on the left is a iHybrid Pure hot item a few yrs ago paid $40 on closeout a Maximum Vapes a month ago

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont really give a flying fuck what these mod snobs posting in here think...not even a little bit...I'll buy clones if I see ones I like and not feel bad about it at all.....I dont care to spend hundreds on pretty flashlight tubes...when purchasing vape gear my only allegiance is to my wallet...the wallets of "authentic" mod makers are of little concern to me...end of story....

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
if you save your pennys and stop buying 55 mods from fasttech every week you can afford a nice authentic. its rewarding getting something very nice and compensating the person who designed and created the product.. I hate when people whine about being poor and can only afford clones its not an excuse its a cop out...

clones may save peoples lives but authentic's do it with style
Is your car paid off, your house paid off? Or are you one of those idiots whose mommy and daddy made them go to college so you could get a degree you will never use, has 30k debt in student loans, rents a shitty apartment has 4k in credit card debt and buys authentic mods so he can look cool in front of the other dumbass hipsters he hangs out with?

NiteWolfe Creations

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Glad i am not going. Cold day in hell before i support vape snobs!
Its not even that i cant afford a authentic. I buy clones because the price makes sense.
Frankly i love the clones use all the logo's its a big middle finger to people who think a metal tube is worth hundreds of dollars!

brandon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is your car paid off, your house paid off? Or are you one of those idiots whose mommy and daddy made them go to college so you could get a degree you will never use, has 30k debt in student loans, rents a shitty apartment has 4k in credit card debt and buys authentic mods so he can look cool in front of the other dumbass hipsters he hangs out with?
I don't drive i bike... I don't own a house I rent.. I went to college on a academic scholarship.. I have no debt.. And I buy authentic mods because I have self respect and respect the artists who make them.

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

My house is paid off, I don't have a car payment, no debt whatsoever, make $48,000 a year, and I still don't buy overpriced flashlite tubes, fuck that! Clone nazi tards can suck a dick! Every $100 i save from buying clones goes into IRA!

PAPAW

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Why is VaporJoe giving away a Provari a week. Because they are authentic and fucking awesome. It gives clone mongers a chance to have an authentic and see how awesome they are. So I guess you would all snub your nose at a Provari??? Maybe Joe should drop it to a Vamo.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't drive i bike... I don't own a house I rent.. I went to college on a academic scholarship.. I have no debt.. And I buy authentic mods because I have self respect and respect the artists who make them.
so I read it this way....
I can't afford a car, I have a ten speed. I cant buy a house with my poor credit, i rent a room from my mom. I went to college on AN academic scholarship, i majored in band. I have no debt, I could not qualify for a secured credit card even. I buy authentic mods because I want to have something of value in my life and I love to suck up to people who have no idea who I am, because I'm pretentious.....
Well said brandon.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i can buy a louis vitton handbag for $800 and be a douche bag snob, or buy a perfectly fine handbag at TJ Maxx for $40 and still be ok. there will always be those elitist types willing to overpay for snob appeal items. i am proud to not be one of them. :)

saxguy9345

Member For 5 Years
I'm sure Provari had NOTHING to do with it, I bet they hate having Provari posted 1000 times across the forum, "hey, is it Provari giveaway night?"... Provari.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i can buy a louis vitton handbag for $800 and be a douche bag snob, or buy a perfectly fine handbag at TJ Maxx for $40 and still be ok. there will always be those willing to overpay for snob appeal items. i am proud to not be one of them. :)
Don't worry, you still have your bad points!
hide.gif.pagespeed.ce.kWOVkKW2zI.gif

Ladygadget

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You FAIL to realize that many mod makers work with China and or have their mods made in China. In the end ALL mechanicals are clones - they just have different cake decorating on them.

Ok, you hear about "fake" Nike shoes? Yes, they are out there and of absolute poor quality. But then there are the gray-market shoes. Nike does try to stop them from being sold around the world because the same manufacturer that makes their shoes opens up the shop at night, makes a few runs of the actual shoes and sells them to either a distributor or cousin or whatever. Then they are sold at half the markup you see at Footlocker and people who normally wouldn't pay $150 for athletic style shoes are willing to pay $65 for a good shoe. Nike gives all the specs to their manufacturers in China and other countries and they know the risk. Think about this, it really doesn't hurt Nike sales among those who can afford $150.00, but a lot of others are running around with the swish on their feet, making their brand even more desirable. 20 years ago my husband picked up a $450 Tumi briefcase for $125 in Korea (where they are made)

Clone makers and sellers do not try to pass off their wares as originals. And any of them who are should be kicked in the ass among other things. Hana has every right to protect their trademark. But the concept is so commonly used, I doubt they could patent the technology. The same goes for any tube mod made. But a creator can copyright the artwork or design (ie Zen) and protect their work that way, which is the real value of high end mods, in my opinion.

The bottom line to me if it wasn't for clones, I'd still be using V3 or most likely started smoking again. Access for as many people as possible is the key to get folks off cigarettes. Banning clones is another barrier, just like extreme over regulation of E-liquid.

brandon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ha so true

Attachments

• jealousy-you-sense.jpg
    jealousy-you-sense.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 25

ClonesRAuthenticReplicas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Despite the claims of those trying to corner the market and limit consumer choice for their own benefit, clones are simply replicas, being advertised as such. Unless being advertised as originals, they are NOT counterfeits.
Being a relative noobie to vaping, these anti-consumer actions of heavy-handed Profiteers only builds my resolve to never buy their overpriced hardware. I will vote on this issue with my money. As a matter of fact, I would build my own hardware from easily obtainable hardware supplies first. These are all relatively simple devices, and I'm sure that various workarounds would be all over the web by us sharing how to avoid paying $300 for what should cost much, much less (as proven by those making comparable devices at 1/10 the price).
Even if clones were banned outright, the foreign companies (that have refined their efficiencies by producing all sorts of goods for American companies for decades now) will easily be able to retain market share by making comparable devices for pennies on the dollar.
When I first became aware of the Anti-Consumer Choicers, they were complaining about mech mod clones. These are simply tubes with a switch and contacts, yet they felt consumers should have to pay them $300 ea for one. There is not an original idea in a mech mod - even the magnet switches have been used for decades in various devices. I understand why they try ($$$.$$), but this is against the best interests of us consumers who constitute the overwhelming majority of members in the vaping community, and against free market principles.

Hum I'm going tomorrow and was hoping to get a deal on a kayfun clone for my first one but I guess I'm sol. I wanted to buy an authentic mod maybe if I got a good deal and a dripper rda as well but if it's crazy high prices I'll stay in budget and buy and sample juice and get my clones which some are great elsewhere.

PAPAW

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ECC show, ECC rules. You want to not be judged as a clone vaper, than respect those that support authenticity.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont really give a flying fuck what these mod snobs posting in here think...not even a little bit...I'll buy clones if I see ones I like and not feel bad about it at all.....I dont care to spend hundreds on pretty flashlight tubes...when purchasing vape gear my only allegiance is to my wallet...the wallets of "authentic" mod makers are of little concern to me...end of story....
But bro you obviously have no appreciation for the hobby aspect. It's the true hobbyist that only buys the most expensive metal fucking tube and calls every one else whiners. You must be some kind of square or poser hobbyist. Why can't you be as cool as the true hobbyist bro? You can never even attempt to claim your vaping as having any type of hobby aspect to it. Unless you buy the authentic.
caveat+emptor.jpg

Seriously though, @Spike64 Your post may be one of my favorites so far.
Out of all the thousands of posts and debates I read through in vaping forums the clone vs. authentic ones have got to be the most annoying of all time.

Fuck vape snobs
images

Fuck snobs of all kinds!

VU Sponsors