Become a Patron!

Ebola Virus Updates, and can it make it's way into e-Juice?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My point: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/dallas-hospital-staff-ebola-training-official/story?id=26240790
Dallas Hospital Staff Had No Ebola Training, Official Says
ABC News - ‎8 minutes ago‎

Health care workers in the Dallas hospital that treated a patient who died from Ebola and then treated two nurses who contracted the disease never received in-person training on how to treat Ebola patients and avoid spreading the highly contagious disease

And, why would ANY hospital and staff in the U.S. have that knowledge aforehand unless they specialized in it?
This country just isn't supposed to have "third world" problems. So, we are not ready for them.

FWIW: I live two blocks from a major hospital with another less than a mile away.
Sis and Dad also work at the local blood bank...yay. So, I'm screwed...lol

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We talked about this at my hospital pet therapy meeting today, our hospital being smaller here would make all volunteers visits to the ER off limits and if by chance a patient coming in was known to have Ebola or tested positive, they would instantly be sent to a facility that can best handle this. Our certifications withTDI (therapy dogs international) issued warnings to us and our dogs to make sure we knew what type of protocol our hospitals have in place and will monitor the questions on if dogs can contract and spread as well. We have very strict rules we go by even before this Ebola outbreak as far as the cleanliness of our dogs and how we follow health rules and concerns from patient to patient.
Jazzy>
DSCN2293.jpg

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good grief Smokie you're getting tiring...

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/101...ve-test-positive-for-the-ebola-virus-is-fake/

EDIT: Oh yeah Smokie, well done! You're spewing bullshit, and then you remove your post when you're caught with your hand in the cookie jar? Some moderator you are. Very classy!

@VaporJoes: can we have this guy removed as moderator please?

EDIT 2: For those who wondered what Smokie removed, he posted another one of his sensationalist links to this story - which is a hoax: http://prepperchimp.com/2014/10/14/...ly-of-five-test-positive-for-the-ebola-virus/ . I fully expect my post to "disappear" very soon too, but be certain I've saved it and I'll repost it if need be.

Smokie's moderation privileges need to be revoked.

Last edited:

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/101...ve-test-positive-for-the-ebola-virus-is-fake/

EDIT: Oh yeah Smokie, well done! You're spewing bullshit, and then you remove your post when you're caught with your hand in the cookie jar? Some moderator you are. Very classy!

EDIT 2: For those who wondered what Smokie removed, he posted another one of his sensationalist links to this story - which is a hoax: http://prepperchimp.com/2014/10/14/...ly-of-five-test-positive-for-the-ebola-virus/ . I fully expect my post to "disappear" very soon too, but be certain I've saved it and I'll repost it if need be.

Saved...

I agree with the removal, BTW.

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
not to worry, now that white people have been infected, a cure is sure. :)

ebola_cure_meme.jpg

He was Black… Unless I am color blind… Sorry but the racist shit has gotten real old with me… Anyway…

Am I worried about Ebola… Yes I am… Am I seriously concerned… Nope…

But what does worry me is mass panic. If mass panic occurs history has taught us bad things will happen in very short order. Grocery store shelves will empty, looting, rioting, etc etc etc…

So my plan to keep my family safe is simple. Keep a modest stock of fresh water and canned goods. Load the guns and keep the extra ammo handy. Wait for the smoke to clear and go on about life. I live in the burbs so I'm not super worried. But you never know. And this ebola scare is one thing I am not sure about yet.

Just my 2 pennies. :D

Carry on….

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh…. And the thread about sex and nudists can start anytime… :D

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Either you're missing the point or you're being disingenuous. But... whatever.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
deleted

Last edited:

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh @kelli. It's just posting stuff. It's just a forum. I'm not out to harass you or anyone else. Nothing I say is personal.

Well. Except for when I comment on your selfies. Or anyone else's for that matter.

Sent from that squirrel, in that tree, watching you.

LucidiousRage

The "X Wick" Man!
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
Founding Vendor
VU Wholeseller
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
@Giraut Not only will Smokie NOT be removed, I will defend his ability to post what is on his mind, the same way I would defend your right to post what is on yours. In fact, THAT is what separates us from *other* forums is that we DON'T fall over ourselves to make drastic unnecessary changes or punishments just because 1 or 2 people tell us to. My guess would be that once Smokie realized that it wasn't real, he removed the thread because he is in fact responsible and didn't want to keep a false based thread live. With all due respect, if you don't like what @SMOKIE types or posts in here and you don't want to see it, the solution is simple, just read it. If you see a post with his name, feel free to skip over it.

I don't agree with everything he posts either in the same way that if I looked up every post that you have made, I'm sure there would be things that I also wouldn't agree with that you have posted... but there's no need to call you out on them, the same way that there isn't a need to call Smokie out on them.

So, in short, please help me celebrate that we are in fact NOT like ECF by showing some class yourself and continuing to help make the VU great by posting meaningful and effective posts!

Thank you for being a part of the VU :)

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Calming a thread down a bit Giraut, but as I said before, may be best not to track a thread that aggravates you, no?

I agree, awareness with a dry sense of humor....I really doubt Smokie was trying to offend anyone! Misunderstanding or wires crossed maybe :)

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
it's really difficult to read someone's intentions or tone at times on a forum. the written word doesn't always lend itself well to sarcasm or other forms of humor.

i am the queen of sarcasm myself, and am sure i ruffle a few feathers on occasion (or more often). so i apologize to anyone who is butthurt over anything i have said to them. really. sincerely. i mean it. :)

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
it's really difficult to read someone's intentions or tone at times on a forum. the written word doesn't always lend itself well to sarcasm or other forms of humor.

i am the queen of sarcasm myself, and am sure i ruffle a few feathers on occasion (or more often). so i apologize to anyone who is butthurt over anything i have said to them. really. sincerely. i mean it. :)
I know it is… Thats why I posted again to let you know… Don't get me wrong, I am a total asshole… I just don't mean it that way.. :D

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Giraut Not only will Smokie NOT be removed, I will defend his ability to post what is on his mind, the same way I would defend your right to post what is on yours.[...] My guess would be that once Smokie realized that it wasn't real, he removed the thread because he is in fact responsible and didn't want to keep a false based thread live.[...]

One last response and I'm done derailing this thread...

I fully agree with you: Smokie should have the right to post whatever he likes. What he shouldn't do is use his moderator status to make embarassing posts he wrote vanish. He should have posted something, or edited his post, to state that it was a hoax.

On the IRC servers I run, ops that abuse their power get demoted. Just sayin'...

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@Giraut Not only will Smokie NOT be removed, I will defend his ability to post what is on his mind, the same way I would defend your right to post what is on yours....

Well I was about to write a long diatribe about this, but seeing as @LucidiousRage already hit all my best points, I'll just leave this:

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire

And that just so happens to be one of the prime directives at VU. Feel free to disagree with each other, to debate, and even to engage in passionate discussion. However, no one's right to be here or to speak freely will be suspended. Stick to the issues, refrain from ad hominem attacks, take a deep breath..... and wear a helmet.

LucidiousRage

The "X Wick" Man!
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
Founding Vendor
VU Wholeseller
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
@Giraut Thank you for your input. You are welcome to run your IRC servers how you choose, and I wouldn't dream of telling you how to run them. I appreciate you giving Me, Joe, and the rest of the senior leadership team the same respect, which by the way, Smokie is a part of. (He is not only a moderator).

Thank you.

LucidiousRage

The "X Wick" Man!
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
Founding Vendor
VU Wholeseller
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Well I was about to write a long diatribe about this, but seeing as @LucidiousRage already hit all my best points, I'll just leave this:

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire

And that just so happens to be one of the prime directives at VU. Feel free to disagree with each other, to debate, and even to engage in passionate discussion. However, no one's right to be here or to speak freely will be suspended. Stick to the issues, refrain from ad hominem attacks, take a deep breath..... and wear a helmet.

erm... yea.... what she said! :) :p

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

That post was up for 5 min until I realized in was a fake report, now instead of crying like a baby you could of PMed me about it, PS Happy Vapeiversary, sent you a gift in a appreciation of you wanting me removed or demoted.
10305593_657421787668801_8566123943476895823_n.jpg

Last edited:

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Last edited:

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i hate when things become belligerent, mean spirited, and confrontational. :(

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
i hate when things become belligerent, mean spirited, and confrontational. :(
Me too, so be nice to me as I am very nice too you!
10403531_541911782606636_7449470195611988573_n.jpg

serenity219

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I live quite close to the lab in Winnipeg which has done extensive research on the virus and has developed the experimental vaccine which is in clinical trials (or about to start clinical trials - I know they have used it on some who have tested positive for the virus). I am practically neighbours with it. And I rarely think about it as there are so many more likely hazards in my every day life.

StrappedKaos

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I personally think this is a great subject matter to talk about, people talking about it is bound to share needed information in the long run. I personally have been living in a rarefied atmosphere called reality, I doubt zombies are what my family is preparing for but pandemics/financial crash/acts of god/race riots or just about a million things could happen at any time. No tin foil cap needed, I dont know if it would ever happen but chamce favors the prepared mind. When my wife and I had our daughter it was enlightening, we can survive weeks off the grid but could my daughter? So food stocks/generators/batter backup system/ and enough fire power to survive a solid year just makes sense, does that mean everyone should go to that extents? Nope, but a solid month of back up supplies would be smart incase of a disaster like a snow storm or act of god. I lived off the land in Maine for years and just certain things you think about when you consider all the possible things that may arise, for me its common sense but to others its lunacy. To each there own, im just slightly prepared as opposed to others is all.
Now to point out a tid bit of info that I read about when discussing Ebola. Saying that the flu or other viruses kill more yearly is true, but they have a super low risk rate of death or a high survivability rate. Unlike ebola that has I high mortality rate, so comparing the two are not exactly apples to apples. Also take into consideration the speed of death as opposed to the time needed to show symptoms even thou that could work In Our favor since if quarantined it could burn out faster. The effects of this also cause an issue with disposable of the dead, not to big of a deal with a flu considering ebola is a level 4 virus.
I could go on for days but I didn't come here for that, I simply want others to not be so disingenuous or closed minded and accept the fact that you should be prepared for not only your sake but also for your family's. Not just for this virus but for any situation that could arise if shtf, on the other hand if you are not prepared then it increases my family's odd of survival so its kind of a double edged sword. Just don't underestimate life, even if the chances of this being a pandemic are slim to zero.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
But if someone sneezed on my flu vaccine and I get ebola....?
Not from the bottle contents, the MFG uses strict practices where there is no chance of that. The only way is the person giving you the injection is infected and some how gets the virus on the needle in that very short time it is exposed before injecting you.
533dd93f6b238.preview-620.jpg no sneezing.jpg

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
CBS News Report said:
The hazmat team was called out of “a complete abundance of caution,” Layman told Arlington News.
One official said it’s believed the woman poses no risk but health-care authorities want to get her off the cruise ship and back to the United States out of an abundance of caution.
Gee, I'm sure that makes everyone on board (both cases) feel so much better about it.

ETA: I'm already sick of that phrase.

Last edited:

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
since they use PG as a air sanitizer in hospitals...nope...it kills bacterial and viral infections

2aef7de852.jpg

aw dangit....already posted

Until it mutates and people that die from it get back up and try to eat your face...I ain't worrying...besides gotta die from something right?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
WHEN will the US decide to be smart and stop ALL entry into the country until this is over?
The best thing that can come of this: The CDC's director Tom ('I hate ecigs') Frieden loses his job!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
WHEN will the US decide to be smart and stop ALL entry into the country until this is over?
The best thing that can come of this: The CDC's director Tom ('I hate ecigs') Frieden loses his job!

never 510.. it's all apart of the agenda.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not from the bottle contents, the MFG uses strict practices where there is no chance of that. The only way is the person giving you the injection is infected and some how gets the virus on the needle in that very short time it is exposed before injecting you.
View attachment 7385 View attachment 7386
All they have to do is get it on you.. Sneeze on you. Have it on them 'cause they didnt wash their hands properly and touch your skin. Etc Etc... I mean, if we are gonna all go screaming about the Ebola 'pandemic', we gotta take all precautions, right? Dont leave your house. Have no deliveries. Definately stay away from Hospitals, stores, gas pumps, schools, etc..

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL.. This just popped up on the 'What to Watch' :) Just uploaded by the looks of it..

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
VT Issues First Ebola Warning (Subject to National Security Hack!)

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2014/10/15/vt-issues-first-ebola-warning/
really? THIS is the 'source' we are going with??

Editor’s note: Veterans Today came under a massive assault from the US Army Signals/Hacker Corps at Ft. Huchuca after this was published.

Only 2 reads, and down the site went. Something on here is very secret. Information on this site is directly sourced from an intelligence agency of a close US ally who is very upset that they have discovered the US involved in something extremely dirty and very dangerous.g

This is what we have reason to believe: There is an organized terror plot on behalf of financial entities to spread Ebola through the United States. We believe airlines and hospitals are part of it, that Homeland Security and the TSA are involved.

No, I dont think so...

VU Sponsors