eBay Replacement?

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Emilie nice job and the site. Keep up the good work. It will pay off in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I'm going for the best user experience for both buyers and sellers. :)

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What'chall think of the homepage now?
Looks better with the Welcome Box... still a bit plain, but look and feel can come after you've fleshed out the meat and bones.

I would take out the category drop-down from the top as it's redundant - you already have a better lay-out on the left-hand nav bar. Take out the date, and move the search bar to the right so that it lines up with the top bar nav. Lastly, move the Sign in/Register up top in place of where the top links are right now - that's the most common position for them instead of having them float in space. You can always condense those links into one FAQ instead of having them separate.

All for now, but more to come as I'll keep checking - hope you're not taking any of these the wrong way. Consider it constructive feedback... I used to do these things on the side. :)

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks better with the Welcome Box... still a bit plain, but look and feel can come after you've fleshed out the meat and bones.

I would take out the category drop-down from the top as it's redundant - you already have a better lay-out on the left-hand nav bar. Take out the date, and move the search bar to the right so that it lines up with the top bar nav. Lastly, move the Sign in/Register up top in place of where the top links are right now - that's the most common position for them instead of having them float in space. You can always condense those links into one FAQ instead of having them separate.

All for now, but more to come as I'll keep checking - hope you're not taking any of these the wrong way. Consider it constructive feedback... I used to do these things on the side. :)

I really appreciate your feedback! :)

I had more color on the site at first, but then a vendor brought up a good point that color should come from the listings. Right now there's not much for color in the listings that are there now, but that will come with time. Once we get some box mods and drip tips up, there should be tons of color. :)

I'm still debating if I want any rounded corners on any of the blocks, and possibly a drop shadow or two. Not sure yet.

I'm still moving things about, but I'll certainly consider your suggestions! :)

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hmmm.... Since EBay banned me for reasons unknown, I may have to check out you site! Thanks @Emilie

I'm sorry you got banned! :(

I really can understand why they wouldn't want anything to do with e-cigarettes, believe it or not. They don't allow ANY age-restricted or regulated items. It's PayPal that I'm confuzzled by. Why would they care what people spend their money on? I used to buy analogs with my PayPal debit card every day, and they never said anything about that. Yup, I know they're the same company, but PayPal is not eBay, and eBay does not serve the same purpose as PayPal.

But that's where Mod.Bid comes in! ;)

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
First transaction on Mod.Bid conducted just a moment ago!

Bold Vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello Emile. I registered with MOD.BID just a few moments ago, And purchased (2) innokinV3's! :)
Registering was easy enough. Could I suggest that you allow separate Billing and Shipping addresses?

Great Idea and great success to you.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yup, it was you! :)

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello Emile. I registered with MOD.BID just a few moments ago, And purchased (2) innokinV3's! :)
Registering was easy enough. Could I suggest that you allow separate Billing and Shipping addresses?

Great Idea and great success to you.

Yes, that's definitely on the list (well, address book).

And thanks! :)

Bold Vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Excellent customer service.
Exactly 30 minutes after confirming my paypal payment I received an email from the seller confirming my order, acknowledging my alternate shipping address and advising that my order would be shipping today.
Thanks KatyLoo, Thanks Emile, Thanks MOD.BID

KatyLoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Excellent customer service.
Exactly 30 minutes after confirming my paypal payment I received an email from the seller confirming my order, acknowledging my alternate shipping address and advising that my order would be shipping today.
Thanks KatyLoo, Thanks Emile, Thanks MOD.BID

Now you also have the honor of receiving the first positive comment (feedback) on Mod.Bid. It's a landmark day!

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Congrats to everyone. eBay boo, Mod.Bid yea!!!
Best of success to you, Emilie.

KayLoo, I'm gonna get one of those voltage/ohm testers from you. I live about 30 miles from you, was gonna wait till I was in T-Town, but haven't been lately.

KatyLoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Congrats to everyone. eBay boo, Mod.Bid yea!!!
Best of success to you, Emilie.

KayLoo, I'm gonna get one of those voltage/ohm testers from you. I live about 30 miles from you, was gonna wait till I was in T-Town, but haven't been lately.

Free shipping - why wait?

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, don't really 'need' it. Like that matters when it comes to vaping gear. ;) Would rather you have the shipping cost than USPS. But, since you insist... :)

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Apparently, when my host filled out a bunch of forms to get my server off of spam lists (old IP address owner), AT&T wasn't included.

If anyone has an AT&T email address, I contacted my host again to have my server removed from their rejection lists so that you'll receive emails from Mod.Bid.

Until then, either use another email address, or I'll need to approve your account manually, and you'll need to check for any messages within your account.

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Emilie. I am the proud owner of transactions 2 and 3!!
Thanks KatyLoo

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's great! :D

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I need to contact a bunch more vendors!

Right now, it's KatyLoo's own personal store. Not bad for her, though! :)

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Competition? In Oklahoma, Competition is a breakfast cereal. OMP-OMP

Bold Vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No worries KatyLoo, you'll always be my favorite Mod.Bid vendor :)

KatyLoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You're giving members another avenue instead of eBay - what's to be upset about?

Although, I must say, a VU banner would fill out the left-hand nav quite nicely. :)

It's like anything else, follow the money trail. This year to date I have paid eBay $9,982 - hard to swallow. Reasonable selling fees combined with seller competition should result in lower prices to the buyer. Mod.Bid's success is a win-win!

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll go on an email spree this weekend while my husband is catching up in his new position. :)

In the meantime, I've extended the Grand Opening Sale until Oct 27 (Hmmm...I should make that Oct 31), and I'm working on a couple of minor "fixes" on the site (why the hell would you tell PayPal you DON'T want a shipping address or to accept buyer notes within auction software?!?).

I've said it before, but I can't wait for this to all be integrated within my CMS and for it to be my own cleaned-up code!

Oh, I've also added a "Misc (Non Vape Stuff)" category in case anyone wants to have a yard sale. ;)

simplynewt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like it Emilie and I have registered, book marked and signed up for newsletter. Have not seen any juices on there though. Still to early?

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome!

Yeah, it's still VERY early on, but even if there is juice, at first it will be 0mg nic, if only because I'm not sure what my liability on that would be, yet.

I'm looking into it.

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yesterdays order will be here today!!! Living just down the turnpike from Mod.Bid's premiere seller has it's advantages. :) :D :rolleyes:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I wish you luck in your venture, but as for me, I just got shipped a MVPv2 for $38 and free shipping from ebay.
That vendor has sold thousands of 'em. It's just cherry-picking by Ebay and negreps by disgruntled peeps I'd wager.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, I wish you luck in your venture, but as for me, I just got shipped a MVPv2 for $38 and free shipping from ebay.
That vendor has sold thousands of 'em. It's just cherry-picking by Ebay and negreps by disgruntled peeps I'd wager.

eBay IS cracking down on vaping gear, but they're having a hard time keeping up with new listings. I don't doubt that we'll still be able to get our stuff there for quite a while; I just wanted to create an avenue for those who's auctions are being cancelled.

Besides, vendors are able to keep more of their money on Mod.Bid (which will hopefully translate to lower prices!). :)

KatyLoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Another day, another sale on Mod.Bid and it's still morning. Adding more listings today as well.

KatyLoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I think the point is that eBay chooses to discriminate against vapers in the first place.

As far as listings being removed, who knows the exact criteria eBay uses - they're not saying and we can only guess. Based on my experience and a few vague conversations with eBay reps, I'm guessing that our listings were removed due to people reporting them for violating eBay's tobacco policy. I'm pretty sure a few were reported by our competitors who didn't like our prices. So these are the type of people you'll be buying from on eBay when they're the only ones left.

Bold Vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello Emile and Katyloo
Just a quickie courtesy note to let you know the items I purchased on MOD.BID were waiting for me getting home yesterday.
The merchandize is fantastic as was the packaging.

Thank you very much!

VU Sponsors