DonBaldy's Quarantine thread.

Discussion in 'Non-Vaping Related' started by DonBaldy, Mar 23, 2020 at 2:21 AM.

1. Rhianne

Rhianne Diamond Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    It’s sad to think that most of those people will prolly go back to smoking. What else could they do?
    And if we bring up the vaping crisis now during corona, we’d be accused of being selfish. But the health toll of these people starting smoking again will just show up later. Plus the businesses that go under. :sad:

misswish likes this.
  2. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    I just heard that LA had a sudden explosion of cases. Like 800 or something in one day?

3. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    That is how it goes. Like getting paid a penny a day and doubling your pay every day.
    1 person infects maybe 10 lets say, a few days later each of those 10 infect another 10 and so on.

this spreads like wildfire not like the flu where many have had it or a vaccine and have immunity. No one is immune to this virus.

JuicyLucy and Rhianne like this.
  4. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    The news said that LA (the state) is basically the epicenter now, considering their size and population. I was watching newscasts on YT, so I forget where it was from.

The Cromwell likes this.
  5. DonBaldy

DonBaldy Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    How is the Corona thing effecting life on the island?

The Cromwell likes this.
  6. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    It's sad when the highlight of the day is the trip to the grocery store to see what can be had.

7. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I actually like this social distancing thing.
    Not the reason for it though.

gopher_byrd, DonBaldy and Rhianne like this.
  8. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Good idea with this thread, Don Baldy.

DonBaldy likes this.
  9. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    A lot of hostility to anyone trying to come to the islands, that is for darn sure

Big Island goes into "shelter in place" at midnight - there wasn't much panic buying until recently. Kauai and Oahu have been on it for several weeks with severe curfews and what have you

Was at the store last week, pretty much had everything, today was a different story all together

Some of the businesses had started limited number of people inside and 6' markers for standing in line last week though - we ran into that when trying to get some chick starter, after we could no longer buy laying hens and ended up with some unsexed jungle chicks instead, lol

kross8, gopher_byrd, Rhianne and 2 others like this.
  10. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    Same here. I can tolerate living people for short times.

gopher_byrd, Rhianne and The Cromwell like this.
  11. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Yep I like more personal space than most.

and fail to understand why some cannot stand silence and must keep talking.

kross8, gopher_byrd, nadalama and 4 others like this.
  12. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    They feel they must fill the void. It’s annoying!

The Cromwell likes this.
  13. nadalama

nadalama Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I've been working in relative quiet for 30 years. Just Hubbs and me here at the house, it's pretty quiet, especially now that I've basically stopped watching tv. It's been on more in the last week than in the whole previous six months, I bet.

I love being at home. I do miss my children and grandchildren, that's the worst part to me. I hope they will all be ok.

14. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
  15. gopher_byrd

gopher_byrd Cranky Old Fart VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    I heard there is talk of a 14 day quarantine on anyone flying to the islands from the mainland including residents returning home, they have to go straight to their hotel/home and stay there. Other than residents that would defeat the whole purpose of going there. Thing is that is Hawaii's economy, tourism. Money coming in and get sick or no money and not getting sick are the choices. Probably a good choice for not getting sick.

Rhianne likes this.
  16. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    There is a 14-day quarantine but it just went into effect at midnight

Sadly, there were some bozos still flying in for vacations during the middle of all this :bs:

Also, all the aimless cruise ships wanting to dock here to resupply and what have you really irked a lot of people - Hawaii was one of the first places to get Corona and it was from cruise ships

17. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    I can’t understand why people are still going on vacations now. It’s like it hasn’t sunk into their heads that there’s a pandemic.
    Like if they deny what’s happening, it will go away. I’d be thrilled if this blows over, and if someone wants to call me crazy for not taking chances now, whatever.

misswish and The Cromwell like this.
  18. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Some people fail to see how their actions affect others

I was talking to an older lady Saturday (from a distance of course, lol) and I told her to be careful. Her reply? Don't worry, I have an immune system made of iron - she totally failed to take into account that she could have it with no symptoms and be passing it to others ala Typhoid Mary

19. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    the US is for the most part a ME centric society.

Rhianne likes this.
  20. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    Ain't that the truth. I see it with my kids no matter how my wife and I have tried to teach differently. It's seems to be the nature of being young and not having life fuck you a few times.

Speaking of life fucking with people, I finally swallowed my pride and applied for unemployment. I've don't so a couple of times in the past but I hate unemployment. I hate the red tape. I'd rather work. Too many people I work with milk the system and take advantage of a loophole in the unemployment law. IF you are a member of a trade union and receive your work referrals from a hiring hall then you are exempt from the requirement of searching for a job. To me that takes advantage of the unemployment system. It's intended for times like this and not meant to be a second source of income.

misswish, Rhianne and The Cromwell like this.
  21. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    It is safer for your family if you take unemployment - if you don't care about you, care about them :hug:

22. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    For the duration of the virus crisis here in KY there is no wait period or jobs search requirements.
    And just today they opened it up for self employed and independent contractors and such.

23. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    Oh no question. I'm doing what I have to do. I can't work right now anyway. All of out employers are shut down until who knows when.

Rhianne and The Cromwell like this.
  24. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    We've always been able to receive benefits. I did see where the new stimulus package specifically addressed entertainment workers and also authorizes for additional benefits. Looks like the national leadership of my union did their job.

25. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    yeah not sure if they boosted the weekly payout here but they extended the time for sure.
    The Guv was talking about boosting the payout, but not sure if it happened or not.

26. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    The welcomed side effect of all this bullshit has been more family time.

misswish, Huckleberried and Rhianne like this.
  27. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    I think Texas is increasing the payout.

28. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Yep good for some, not so good for some though I am sure.
    Time to bond and maybe train the cat to fetch?

gopher_byrd and DonBaldy like this.
  29. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    I think we did here too. But since I am retired not checking in too closely on the details.

30. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    I've thought about trying to go deliver pizzas, but that would greatly reduce my unemployment if not eliminate it for far less money.

Rhianne likes this.
  31. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    It's good you have union protection - it keeps you from having to deliver pizza for less while your industry is in lockdown

32. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    plus handling all that money from possibly infected people....

Rhianne, DonBaldy and JuicyLucy like this.
  33. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Yeah - guess people still need pizza and sadly, people who need to work because they don't have any safety net right now, or it is inadequate

Rhianne and The Cromwell like this.
  34. Wb80

Wb80 -DIY-demon- VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Sittn home sucks. Atleast the company i work 4 is paying it's employees to stay home(half our staff is through a long term contract agency...theyr sol). My body is confused with all this free time. I barely know what day of the week it is atm. Lmao

gopher_byrd, DonBaldy and Rhianne like this.
  35. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    That ...and your flowery activities. :giggle:

Wb80 likes this.
  36. Wb80

Blog Posts:
    No, i generaly only know what day of the week it is by if i get to sleep in or wake up 2 an alarm n go work. Lol.
    So all free time is just odd n confusing. I truly enjoy my work n miss it.

37. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Just kidding. I look to see what day it is when I look at my phone to see what time it is when I get up. :hug:

Wb80 likes this.
  38. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
  39. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    [​IMG]
    I’m beat this week...

40. kross8

kross8 Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    i feel bad for the kids in bad families,, a living hell for them,, school was their safe place.

41. nadalama

nadalama Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Yeah that ^^^^^^ that's me, every day, damn near all day long, even before all this

I swear I believe I could sleep standing up in a freeway.

The Cromwell and Rhianne like this.
  42. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Checking in - just finished doing this and that in the yard - got more accomplished in half an hour than I did all day yesterday :giggle:

Rain came back, gotta carry that momentum indoors

43. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    I want to mix new juice. I don't need it, don't have room for it, but I want it.

You know what this is, right? Haven't spent any vape money in days now. Haven't bought anything fun. So this is that same inclination, same little devil voice whispering in my ear, oh, you know you want to, you're gonna love it, just a bottle or two won't hurt anything, you can make room, it'll be ok, one or two more, aw c'mon....be a good sport....

AARGH!!!! :kickbutt: :headbang:

misswish, Rhianne, Wb80 and 1 other person like this.
  44. Wb80

Blog Posts:
    Lol. My juice voices were telln me that last nite too.

nadalama likes this.
  45. Wb80

Blog Posts:
    Well you can make some 18mg 50 50 juice n send it to me. Lol. Jk

nadalama and Rhianne like this.
  46. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    I mixed today, too. But I sucked down 60ml in a little over a week, so I had to! I’m vaping more, prolly from nerves. :facepalm:

The Cromwell likes this.
  47. Ruppy_bear

Ruppy_bear Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    i got laid off cuz my company we lost 2 months of revenues and i was sort of the new guy with the least amount of experience. (i do general labor) Dont worry, im still gonna be jobless at least till june i think. open businesses dont even wanna risk hiring someone right now cuz they are all scare to shits.

In other news: if anyone needs surgical protection masks,u can PM me. started getting into this business recently cuz mans got to eat and pay rent right? (sorry if i came off a little and i wasnt sure if this was allowed)

oh for those that dont know (and those that do know), im currently living in china. the government still wants us to sleep but were going flat broke (if possible they dont even want us to leave the house, which pretty much wants us to died lol)
    ps: i almost forgot i have a company as well that i run........unsuccessfully at the moment and i might close it soon. if i dont the government might on my ass.........sadly i also need to pay government to close my company down. now i know why ppl hate the IRS and tax burial.

misswish and Rhianne like this.
  48. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    Shit make it just because you want it. If you can't use it donate it to a VU member who may be struggling.

49. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    In the interest of improving mental attitudes.
    I would like to see everyone posting in this thread to post 1 positive thing that happened in their lives.

Not to say do not post any bad crap too. We are all gonna have plenty of that. And holding it in is probably not good for us.

Just a suggestion of course.

50. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Today was kinda boring but super nice outside. mostly sunny and 80 deg here in KY.

did laundry, had kitty lap time, etc.

sounded like the people a couple of houses down the road shot 200 rounds of large cal ammo.
    Aggravating and obviously they have more money to waste than I.
    Savin my money for toilet paper :)