Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
http://www.heatvape.com/products/devices/item/16-defender

c9b002fe1bb0320831a8ae78670fdb6f_L.jpg

http://www.heatvape.com/media/k2/items/cache/c9b002fe1bb0320831a8ae78670fdb6f_L.jpg

Heatvape Defender now available in four colors: Matte Black, Silver, Blue, Red and Black Peacock!

The Heatvape Defender is a powerful mini box mod that can be powered up to 25 watts. This monster fits in your palm of your hand and is extremely ergonomic. Powered by a built in 2600 mAh 20a high drain battery with integrated micro-USB port for easy charging. The Heatvape Defender supports 0.5 ohm sub-ohm tanks perfectly. The device has an innovative two sided thread connector, one side is 510 threaded, the other is ego threaded.
Features:
Patented reversible connector- 510 and eGo Threaded
Spring loaded center pin
Variable wattage from 5W to 25W
Variable voltage from 1V to 8V
Ohm capability: 0.5 Ohm to 3 Ohm.
Built-in 2600 mAh 20a battery
Micro USB rechargeable

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pretty cool. Wonder how much it costs?

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like the i Stick 30 watt much better, far more elegant and intuitive. The ergonomics on the Defender isn't doing it for me at all, it looks horrible and cheap. If they price at $25 I can see it moving but not much more. With the 20 watt i Stick dropping in price, it won't be long before it scales down to $25. Specs are similar only sub ohm option not offered on the 20 watt stick but 30 watt covers all bases. I do like the name however, Black Peacock:oops:

Last edited:

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
$35 ain't bad. How do you change the wattage though? I don't see any screen on it.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
$35 ain't bad. How do you change the wattage though? I don't see any screen on it.
Looks similar to the iStick 20w where the screen is the dark strip of plastic below the fire button.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I saw two vendors offering them so I wanted to post both options. Some people feel comfortable dealing with certain vendors more than others regardless of price. I just wanted to help and offer information so you can choose for yourself.:)

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I saw two vendors offering them so I wanted to post both options. Some people feel comfortable dealing with certain vendors more than others regardless of price. I just wanted to help and offer information so you can choose for yourself.:)
I was just commenting on the price differential, didn't mean to make it sound personal against you. I appreciate your sharing of the links.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Watching the video. I guess they didn't switch it to 36w. Wonder if they made any of the other changes they told him they would make.

KatyLoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just received on of these this morning from HG and I am loving it. 25W, matte black finish, nice clicky fire button, no atty gap. Spring loaded 510 and 510 threading are great. It's only been about 8 hours but I am very pleased with my purchase. Running a .5ohm dripper at 24.5W the battery is at about 50% now. The only reservation I have is the build quality seems a bit flimsy - not terrible but I hope the exterior lasts as long as the internal battery. Still a fair deal for the price.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We are going to see a shit load of these mini mods coming out with the wild success of the iStick's in the general market. A month after the iStick was out, it was cloned and on Fasttech. I wonder if Sigelei will be doing one....

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm sure the reviewer may not be too happy tho if they promised him one thing & didn't follow thru.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We are going to see a shit load of these mini mods coming out with the wild success of the iStick's in the general market. A month after the iStick was out, it was cloned and on Fasttech. I wonder if Sigelei will be doing one....

It's interesting because ever since the iStick was released nearly every company manufacturing portable box mods is trying to compete with it in one way or another. I think it will stand on its own merit much like it has done from conception and continue to be a strong leader in the industry. Sigelei is a good company they feel confident in the originality and quality of their mods, something that everyone in the industry should do, so I don't think they will look towards cloning other devices. These other companies may attempt to clone the iStick but I don't think they will succeed in matching the personal touch, vision and quality of Eleaf. I'm not sure what Heatvape was trying to accomplish with the Defender but to me it looks very disappointing. The 50 watt is expected to be released next week so just watch how many manufacturers will jump on the new design of the IStick. Everyone wants a piece of the action but there can only be one true leader driving the pack.

P.S. That reversible connector and one button setting adjustment looks awful. I like the directional arrows on the IStick with clear separation when lowering or increasing power. The top of the IStick is smooth and looks high end. This device reminds me of one of those cheap lighters or mace spray.

Last edited:
All of the haters who have never handled one are hilarious. In reality the Defender is almost identical to the 30W iStick, same chipset, same display, same functions, except that the iStick claims 30 watts and a 2200 mAh battery, and the Defender claims 25 watts and a 2600 mAh battery. The iStick has the (useful) lock function. The Defender has the (useful) reversible 510/eGo connector. The up/down buttons on the Defender are linked in a rocker, in the iStick they are separate, six of one half dozen of the other. I like the positive click on the fire button. I have not checked the new iStick but unlike the previous iStick, the Defender outputs flat as Nabraska DC voltage, no PWM, no ripple. The Defender has a centered connector so bigger tanks look better than on the iSticks.

Some pros and cons on each. The silver I got is tacky crinkly, but seems tough. The chassis is screwed together, looking forward to looking inside. I was hoping to get 1 volt output for low heat applications, but the way all these work is that if 5 watts is the lower limit, you can't get 1 volt if that would create say 2 watts. I can understand an upper limit, but a lower limit seems unnecessary. One reviewer mentioned that the auto-increment/decrement was slow. If you switch to Voltage mode, it's much faster. I wish there was a way to lock the +/- buttons like on the iStick 30W. Overall so far I'm very happy with the Defender. It's tiny, but feels good in the hand. And 25 watts is more than I need, really.

Last edited:

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm holding out for this one
Heatvape Invader Mini Coming Soon! It's water proof, shock proof, power up to 50w and has temperature control.
f4b6dca0e2911082f0eb6e1df1a0e11d_L.jpg
I've always liked the idea of having an elvt, and it seems that this is a similar design. Me likey too Ms @Whiskey. Hopefully it stays in the similar price range. From what I've read the defender performs well.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Heatvape Invader Mini Coming Soon! It's water proof, shock proof, power up to 50w and has temperature control.

Very interesting ergonomics. It's nice to see some manufacturers thinking outside the box. This could be a great mod for camping and I love that Green. I wish Eleaf made the iSticks in that color. Will keep an eye out for more info.

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm with @Whiskey , @Dissonance and @Joshua Iles . I like the looks of this one. I was never interested in the ELVT mods but this one is nice and small and yeah that green and the gray one. I would buy.

FWIW, my Defender has been working fan-f'in-tastic. The battery is surprisingly long-lasting. The fire button is well-placed and feels great. Even the silver finish (that looks surprisingly close to the silver finish on the 30W iStick) has won me over. The only minor annoyance day to day is that you can press the up/down and change the wattage - there really should be a lock option. I've been using it with different RDAs, Genisis RTAs, and mainly my beloved Kayfun V4 clone RTA.

I'm sure people who crave 150 watt devices have reasons, but winding my own coils I mostly vape around 15 watts. Over 20 watts the taste isn't as good, the walls and windows of my office start getting sticky, and the wicks need changing too often. So a 25 watt device that's so pocket-friendly is nice. The Defender isn't much bigger than a lighter, but the shape is very comfortable to hold. I disagree with the comment that it looks or feels "cheap". It's not a Zero, or a 3x18650 BoatAnchor, different school, but it feels solid, not hollow/tinny. I'm surprised at how much I love the lanyard clip and the provided black silkalike loop. Late at night, sitting at the screen, I sometimes doze off, loosen my grip ... and my vape bounces off the floor, so the lanyard is helpful. My wife hates my improvised invisible lanyards made of fluorocarbon fish-line, she says I'm gonna get decapitated, so she praised this accessory no end. Enough to encourage getting another? I've gotten winks and compliments from check-out girls and passers-by, something about "pendeho", when I forget to slip it into my breast pocket, and it dangles like an ornament on my chest, but I don't know Spanish ;-)

IMG_8179cL.JPG IMG_8193rxcLf.JPG

Last edited:

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Very interesting ergonomics. It's nice to see some manufacturers thinking outside the box. This could be a great mod for camping and I love that Green. I wish Eleaf made the iSticks in that color. Will keep an eye out for more info.

I was JUST thinking the same thing - i goto my family's camp and I have lost mods being drunk on the boat lol or dropped it off my lap driving the golf cart - I will totally get one of those.. The other waterproof device is too bulky (the EVT or whatever it is)

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Whiskey I would be in for a preorder. Or should i say a group order. hell i would get two at the right price.

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, let's wait and see when this thing is scheduled to come out and how much interest we can generate and go from there. No need to rush. Plus I feel comfortable doing a group order/preorder on here vs ebay, facebook and such. We tend to police ourselves and vendors and what not into doing the right thing.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Invader looks pretty sick! I get pretty dirty at my job and there's always dirt particles flying around (I work in a lab that analyzes a lot of soil and stuff) I'd love to have a mod that I don't have to worry about getting jacked up as much.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You keep track then and let me know, I am all over the place ...LOL

Whiskey please change your avatar it reminds me of a scary character from an episode I once watched from Tales From the Darkside. Now I'm going to ponder all week trying to recall it.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just checked to see if the invader mini's were released yet, but found nothing. I'mma jump on one of those.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Whiskey please change your avatar it reminds me of a scary character from an episode I once watched from Tales From the Darkside. Now I'm going to ponder all week trying to recall it.
It kind of looks like the old man in the roach story from Creepshow movie

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was JUST thinking the same thing - i goto my family's camp and I have lost mods being drunk on the boat lol or dropped it off my lap driving the golf cart - I will totally get one of those.. The other waterproof device is too bulky (the EVT or whatever it is)

Now that he's augmented makes it much worse:( That facial expression is exactly as the character portrayed in that episode I watched.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It kind of looks like the old man in the roach story from Creepshow movie

No the one I'm talking about was beyond frightening. It's the kind of face you don't forget. I believe the theme was centered around masks with the facial features representing his soul which were permanently plastered on his face. I have seen a lot of horror during in the past decades and nothing compares to this episode. I wouldn't be surprised if they took a page from William Peter Blatty.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You no likie jeff dunham ventriloquist puppets ??"Walter"

I never heard of him until now. Very funny:D When you see the character I'm talking about from the dark side it will haunt you for years. One of those moments where you keep the black cat out of the room and the lights on.

Last edited:

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You no likie jeff dunham ventriloquist puppets ??"Walter"

This would be a far better choice for you cute and adorable. Walter looks possessed.

file_11_1.jpg

Last edited:

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just checked to see if the invader mini's were released yet, but found nothing. I'mma jump on one of those.

Now that looks much better a nice step up from "Walter" Thank you. Please keep an eye out for more info I have my eyes set on the Green.

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I loved the feel of my E-LVT, but it was heavy. Notice the WAS - my son liked it, too and claimed it. I'd be in for orange, too. I wonder when....

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Another thing I noticed is the bottom cap for battery replacement will be very convenient to change batteries. It appears to be the same as the IPV Mini. I hate the idea of having to carry screwdrivers and mess with little screws especially when I'm on vacation. It looks like a nice step up from the E-lvt which is a very nice mod in itself.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I loved the feel of my E-LVT, but it was heavy. Notice the WAS - my son liked it, too and claimed it. I'd be in for orange, too. I wonder when....

Your son got a good device:)

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How about this one for an avatar? I like it very professional with good lighting.

itm_2013-09-19_14-20-32_1.jpg

VU Sponsors