VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
From a reliable source in the vaping industry:

"Just found out there are apparently numerous shops selling Black wick called Black Magic. If you hear of anybody carrying please advise them to drop the product. It has activated charcoal inside it which is known to cause Bronchitis, Pneumonia, and lung disease."

AVOID THIS STUFF IT IS BAD NEWS. PLEASE PASS THIS INFORMATION ON TO FELLOW VAPERS - 5150 (Fuck Em' All:mad:)

Black Magic.jpg

If you want to complain about the product here is the vendors contact info:

Don't go to the website because it's possibly got Malware, but darkcotton dot com - [email protected] - Denver, CO 80229 - (720)310-8228 - Vapordark Inc.

Last edited:

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wondering, is the company actually advertising it as vape cotton and selling it as such, or is it a product that some vapers thought looked cool so they repurposed it for vaping? I didnt go to their site.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just tweeted this page, to get the msg out to as many as possible.

Andria

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
There are people stupid enough to walk around with a live 18650 battery, loose change, and a set of keys in the same pocket.
That means that there is a huge chance that people will be stupid enough to vape with this shit.
:facepalm:

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There are people stupid enough to walk around with a live 18650 battery, loose change, and a set of keys in the same pocket.
That means that there is a huge chance that people will be stupid enough to vape with this shit.
Sadly, you're right

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I just tweeted this page, to get the msg out to as many as possible.

Andria

Thank you.
It is very important to the entire vape industry that nobody tries this shit and gets permanently injured.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I did a google of the site (since the site itself is flagged as potentially having malware) and indeed, it's being sold for vaping purposes. :mad:

darkcotton.JPG

Hi to all
Just to clear things
We have not sell this to anyone yet it may listed to our site but as all products is waiting to pass quality control.
Unfortunately it was sold to us as vaping product and suggested to us by some customers who use the product we asking around for any info and send a piece to tested by chemist but all this need time but the word about it came out and the product removed from our site.
Really sorry about the confusion we cause but we do not sell anything until we know the quality.
We want to thank Steve from Tulsa, Oklahoma who contact us and told us about
Regards Vapers Shop

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Welcome and good to hear that you haven't sold any of it. That stuff is dangerous to use for inhale.

Focalecig

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you @5150sick and @Condensation for drawing our attention and pointing out the problem to us.
We really appreciate it, and we do apologize for lacking of knowledge on this, this item is removed from our shelves after we have read more information from google.
This dark cotton, however, was used by many Chinese vapers and they suggested to us. It was our mistake that we didn't have enough searching before listing this item but we will also forward the information for those who were or are using this cotton.

Thanks for VU and members here, i guess it is the reason that vapers need to connect in community. We are grateful that we are not in trouble because of your posts! And in future, we would still feel appreciated if you could point out our mistake.

picautomaton

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
With black cotton you won't be able to see if the wick is burnt and needs replacing, not for me. Thanks for bringing to our attention.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you.
It is very important to the entire vape industry that nobody tries this shit and gets permanently injured.

It's gotten 5 retweets (so far) by 5 with decent followings of their own, so hopefully the word will get out before someone does get injured or ripped off, though the latter would be infinitely preferable. I'm on FB and G+ too, but not a lot of friends/followers on either of those, so Twitter is really my best chance of getting the word out.

I know we mostly all hate ECF, but they do have a lot of members; has anyone posted this over there?

Andria

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
It's gotten 5 retweets (so far) by 5 with decent followings of their own, so hopefully the word will get out before someone does get injured or ripped off, though the latter would be infinitely preferable. I'm on FB and G+ too, but not a lot of friends/followers on either of those, so Twitter is really my best chance of getting the word out.

I know we mostly all hate ECF, but they do have a lot of members; has anyone posted this over there?

Andria

Could you please link me to your tweet?

twitter.com/ Edited To Protect The Criminally Insane:giggle:

Plus follow me and i'll follow you back?
I have seen you on twitter before but don't remember your twitter name.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Plus follow me and i'll follow you back?
I have seen you on twitter before but don't remember your twitter name.

Done!

My "screen name" on Twitter is @CarmAndria; I use "CarmAndria" in some places, because my online name used to be "Carmilla"... then I decided if I was going to deal with the "real world" (instead of just adult websites), I should use my real name; it keeps me honest, and not posting things I'd be ashamed to have linked to my real name. ;)

Andria

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Done!

My "screen name" on Twitter is @CarmAndria; I use "CarmAndria" in some places, because my online name used to be "Carmilla"... then I decided if I was going to deal with the "real world" (instead of just adult websites), I should use my real name; it keeps me honest, and not posting things I'd be ashamed to have linked to my real name. ;)

Andria

I got it but now i'm going to edit out my screen name on the forum.
You can too but if for some reason you want to but are unable to edit it out let me know and i'll go in and do it for you.
I followed you back and retweeted your tweet.

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
140218-hotpockets-8p_93dc1d08a71854c51585516f0b5d2b44.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm trying to figger out what Hot Pockets have to do with dangerous black cotton.

Andria

Andria
Retweeted your tweet Thanks Andria!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks to those here, retweeting it; it's still getting retweeted, so hopefully no one will get injured by this stuff.

Andria

skoony

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I knew it. This is why we use activated carbon in our air filters.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This stuff is designed for aquarium water filtration, NOT vaping. I've seen this stuff on the shelf at a tropical fish store in the past. Activated carbon is used routinely to purify the water in fishy tanks either embedded in the filter media like it is with this Black Cotton, or used by itself in a separate canister filtration system.

Focalecig

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We have disabled " Buy" function after we read your post and realized the problem. To avoid confusion, we have completely removed from our store.
In the meanwhile, if there is anything we can do to help to share knowledge, we would be glad to do so and to be a helper of vaping community.

Darkcotton

Unlisted Vendor
This post is a Libel, please delete it immediately or we will take a legal action (Staff)

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkcotton

Unlisted Vendor
Do you have product safety studies showing that it's not dangerous to use for inhaling?
Like the original poster said, carbon is dangerous,but Blackmagic made by bamboo charcoal fiber, not carbon.

Bamboo charcoal fiber is very safe and healthy

What causes pneumoconiosis is the carbon, and it has no relation with bamboo charcoal fiber.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Like the original poster said, carbon is dangerous,but Blackmagic made by bamboo charcoal fiber, not carbon.

What causes pneumoconiosis is the carbon, and it has no relation with bamboo charcoal fiber.
charcoal, by its very definition, is carbon, is it not?

A charcoal MSDS http://www.hummelcroton.com/msds/msdsp/chrcl_p.html and another http://www.buyactivatedcharcoal.com/activated_carbon_msds Notice the chemical composition at the very top says that it's "C". On the periodic table of elements, C stands for Carbon

Condensation

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

So you're saying that it's fibers with bamboo charcoal added are very safe and healthy? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bamboo_charcoal

f2d18de1d4d44824a5e784d8ba6d1289.png

bamboo charcoal fine ground seems similar to a dust one might say.

13ab26f571d7480fa09d7d4a77ffd49d.png

VU Sponsors