Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
If you really want to help the vaping "community",write your congressman..

How do you know what I do and don't do?

You need to worry less about what the fuck i'm doing and worry more about what the fuck you're doing.

It seems as if all the fuck you have been doing is telling people how safe this shit is.

Can you answer one question for me since you avoid all and any questions directed your way?

How exactly are you involved in this dark cotton company?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't know if this shit is safe or not. What I do know is that IT'S STUPID! Because if it's black, how the HELL do you know when the wick is gunked and needs to be replaced and the coil dry-burned? Makes no sense AT ALL.

I also know that not one shred of actual EVIDENCE as to its safety has been produced. Just lots of hysterical chest-beating and empty threats of "legal action." Only a chinese company would attempt to muzzle those criticizing its product-- censorship at its finest, courtesy of the chinese!

They can call it communism if they really want to... we all know it's really totalitarian fascism.

Andria

skoony

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just curious, have you tried it or have any plans to do so?
No but, if I did I would use some common sense and knowledge all by by little lonesome to decide
if the shit was going to kill me.

skoony

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Or do you want to buy that shit and start vaping it for a few months to prove it's A+ Gold seal of approval to the vaping community?
Why would I do that? You have already condemned the product with zero proof.

This product is so obviously a scam. as @AdriaD pointed out, a clean natural cotton wick is clean white so its easy to know when to replace a wick.

There is no good reason to vape any other material than cotton. possibly ceramic. but wtf is "dark cotton" lmao. such a joke.

skoony

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How do you know what I do and don't do?

You need to worry less about what the fuck i'm doing and worry more about what the fuck you're doing.

It seems as if all the fuck you have been doing is telling people how safe this shit is.

Can you answer one question for me since you avoid all and any questions directed your way?

Your the one that has to worry. Your the one creating false harm.
Your the one sucking right up into our enemies plans by harping
on things that can't possibly cause harm.

You are not helping. You are hurting the cause. If there is no proof of
harm,there is no harm.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

So is that a no, yes, or maybe?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
If there is no proof of
harm,there is no harm.

that quote right there is why we need a regulatory body to watch over the Vaping industry.
people that say shit like that is why the FDA decided to get involved.
So next time you want to know what went wrong in the Vaping industry all you have to do is look in the mirror.
Too many people talking like you and not enough people questioning it.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Why would I do that? You have already condemned the product with zero proof.

Why not? Since you are so sure that I'm wrong.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like we are almost ready for some good meme's in here
tumblr_mb05eiI1Ba1qz5d8go1_r1_500_zps1lvvgkkb.gif

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I hate to argue with forum management, but I respectfully disagree. The FDA go involved due to political pressure from various special interests, first and foremost BP, perhaps BT, plus the ANTZ crowd, and some of the States that would end up defaulting on MSA bonds if vaping remained in the trajectory it was on for the past few years. The FDA doesn't particularly care whether it's safe or not.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
But I like my rayon white, thank you!
(Does that make me a racist?) :huh:

Yes, yes it does actually.
But only against other color wicks.

You could be a white wick supremacist.:giggle:

skoony

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
that quote right there is why we need a regulatory body to watch over the Vaping industry.
So next time you want to know what went wrong in the Vaping industry all you have to do is look in the mirror.
Too many people talking like you and not enough people questioning it.
No,this is exactly why we do not need a regulatory body. We have the courts that will make any
adjustments necessary by using the most effective self regulating device in the world. The
pocket book.

skoony

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
"Can't possibly cause harm" is an unprovable statement and you know it.
In the very real world to assume that something has to cause harm harm just
for the sake of it causes more harm than things that actually do.

Things cause harm or,they do not cause harm. Until there is proof of harm
one should always assume at the very least a neutral attitude or,even a
assumption with a lack of any indication of harm one shouldn't go around
calling out suspicions of harm when none are warranted. IMHO the number
one illogical justification used is laying a guilt trip on those calling for reason by
hiding behind as of yet non-existent and nameless victims as a moral justification
to brow beat those that do not agree with ones self.

Not you in particular Rossum. The general tone of this thread and others like
it give me a jaded opinion.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
It's not a mater of being sure. It's a mater of having credible proof.

Your proof?

Why do you come back to bitch and complain about this thread once a week?

The thread isn't going anywhere and you aren't going to change anyone's mind about this shit.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

The thread isn't going anywhere and you aren't going to change anyone's mind about this shit.

I agree. No way IN HELL I'd use black wicking! How stupid! How on earth would I know that it was time for a new wick!

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've always gone by how a vape tastes as far as when to re-wick, but no, I wouldn't use this stuff.

skoony

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

You had better. Are you the only one in the world that's authorized to claim things with out proof?
authorization please.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You had better. Are you the only one in the world that's authorized to claim things with out proof?
authorization please.
You vape your black charcoal wicks , I'll vape my clean organic cotton, defend it all you want, good luck finding it for sale , most vendors have taken it out of inventory

Hummmmmmm wonder why that is :cool::cool:

skoony

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You vape your black charcoal wicks , I'll vape my clean organic cotton, defend it all you want, good luck finding it for sale , most vendors have taken it out of inventory

Hummmmmmm wonder why that is :cool::cool:
Well; good for you. I am glad you let others think for yourself.
follow the herd.

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Sorry, I'm taking back a stupid post.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
authorization please.

I had better what Mr. Dark Cotton?
You going to sic your team of lawyers on me?

You should had just admitted from the beginning that you were the one trying to make money off of this garbage and we could have had a real discussion about it.

But NOW this thread is the first thing that pops up when your product is googled - Well done Sir.

Last edited:

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years

You should had just admitted from the beginning that you were the one trying to make money off of this garbage and we could have had a real discussion about it.

But NOW this thread is the first thing that pops up when your product is googled - Well done Sir.
I'm pretty confident @skoony isn't actually associated with Dark Cotton. He just likes to defend anything sold for the purpose of vaping, regardless how sketchy it is, or how disingenuous the vendor is.

skoony

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

#1. I have no affiliation with any manufacturer,nor vendor.
#2. Every time I see a thread like this there are only two possible reasons
for it. Your either a schill trying to hurt a vendor or, you do not understand
the basic premise of your claims.

Just because activated charcoal can cause lung issues when
regurgitated from the stomach after use to absorb poison does not
mean the same thing in a different form,use in different environmental conditions
will cause harm.

The former is in very fine granular form. The later is thread woven into
cotton. Do you see the basic difference in form and application?
Charcoal in one form or another is used world wide to filter the water
we drink and air we breathe in every imaginable environmental condition.
Where are all the studies saying this is harmful.

Don't get me wrong. If something is really dangerous call them out.
On the other hand calling out a product with out evidence of harm just
for the sake of this so called "transparency" as if this were a game is
not right. There is no one out there trying to kill us. You can not make
money killing your customers unless you are a criminal in the first place.
A botched medical procedure is not proof of harm. That was the evidence
proffered.

skoony

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm pretty confident @skoony isn't actually associated with Dark Cotton. He just likes to defend anything sold for the purpose of vaping, regardless how sketchy it is, or how disingenuous the vendor is.
I actually take offense because when looked at objectively most of these call outs are
based on pure wild ass speculation. Such as this one. It appears to me people are
more than willing to call out a vendor for supposed harm when if you think about
it there is no way for harm to occur in the first place,abusing the product aside.

Just like the coils. Some one might be sensitive to chrome or whatever.
BS. People that live above the temperate zone have been using air
heated by humongous heating coils for months on end. Made out of
the same materials e-coils are made of. With no filtration. 1500 watts
or more for your basic space heater. Who knows how much wattage
for central heat. Not once have I ever heard of anyone being sensitive,
allergic or,being harmed in any way by such usage.(conditions caused
by dryness or lack of humidity aside)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
https://www.fasttech.com/products/5375600

So this shit is for sale on fasttech now.:facepalm:

Look, I see like 1000 people in the comment section saying this shit is either not healthy or a stupid idea and then there is ONE lonely member on there arguing with every one of them.

So @skoony should I call you Lucifer_Dreams now?

Also notice it's $11.39 for 8.3 grams but you can get the shit for what it is actually supposed to be used for here for 2 bucks an ounce.

So, nearly 4 times as much for nearly 6 times less money:

https://www.yarnorama.com/collections/man-made-fibers/products/carbonized-bamboo

I can't wait for the fasttech reviews to roll in for this shit (from the 3 or 4 people stupid enough to buy it:giggle:)

1. Your assumption my argument is invalid is a illogical.
  2. The very fact that carbon is used safely in filtering applications supports the notion this product would be a good choice not,an indicator of harm.
  3. One does not state that a form of carbon use completely unrelated to this product also would cause harm.
  4. Asbestos in the lungs can be deadly. Asbestos incorporated into fire retardant material is harmless.
1. The only assumption I made is that you have no evidence to back up your conclusions. But there's always a margin of doubt with any assumption, so if you can provide any relevant evidence, I'll happily stand corrected.

2. Can you cite any sources to substantiate this?

3. I don't know what you were trying to say here.

4. We aren't talking about asbestos, nor FRC. This is an abstraction and doesn't support any arguments you've made here.

1. Just because activated charcoal can cause lung issues when regurgitated from the stomach after use to absorb poison does not mean the same thing in a different form,use in different environmental conditions will cause harm.
  2. The former is in very fine granular form. The later is thread woven into cotton.
  3. Do you see the basic difference in form and application?
  4. Charcoal in one form or another is used world wide to filter the water we drink and air we breathe in every imaginable environmental condition.
  5. Where are all the studies saying this is harmful.
  6. Don't get me wrong. If something is really dangerous call them out. On the other hand calling out a product with out evidence of harm just for the sake of this so called "transparency" as if this were a game is not right.
  7. There is no one out there trying to kill us. You can not make money killing your customers unless you are a criminal in the first place.
  8. A botched medical procedure is not proof of harm. That was the evidence proffered.
1. True.

2. What are you basing this on? Unless you're privy to some information that hasn't been made publicly available, you don't know how Dark Cotton (what I assume is the unspecified "later" you're referring to) is made. Even if you do know how it's made, you still have no data to base any risk assessment on.

3. Yes.

4. Calcined diatomaceous earth is used in pool filters, and is primarily crystalline silica. Aspirating crystalline silica is very bad for your lungs. Amorphous diatomaceous earth is used -- safely -- in animal feed. Calcined DE and amorphous DE are chemically the same, yet physically different. Silica makes up most of the earth's crust. There's carbon in every organic molecule in your body. There's carbon in every breath you take. These statements are all true, and they all have something else in common: They have nothing to do with the topic of this discussion.

5. That's not the question you should be asking. You should be wondering where are the studies saying it isn't. They say they worked with a university, so no doubt the information is handy. Unless, of course, it isn't.

6. Who's playing? I'd like to read any articles that anyone can furnish on the product. No foolin', honest injun.

7. Guess tobacco's just a labor of love, then.

8. I missed the part where someone said that Dark Cotton is bad because aspirating vomit is bad, but yeah, that's true.

Last edited:
1. True.

2. What are you basing this on? Unless you're privy to some information that hasn't been made publicly available, you don't know how Dark Cotton (what I assume is the unspecified "later" you're referring to) is made. Even if you do know how it's made, you still have no data to base any risk assessment on.

3. Yes.

4. Calcined diatomaceous earth is used in pool filters, and is primarily crystalline silica. Aspirating crystalline silica is very bad for your lungs. Amorphous diatomaceous earth is used -- safely -- in animal feed. Calcined DE and amorphous DE are chemically the same, yet physically different. Silica makes up most of the earth's crust. There's carbon in every organic molecule in your body. There's carbon in every breath you take. These statements are all true, and they all have something else in common: They have nothing to do with the topic of this discussion.

5. That's not the question you should be asking. You should be wondering where are the studies saying it isn't. They say they worked with a university, so no doubt the information is handy. Unless, of course, it isn't.

6. Who's playing? I'd like to read any articles that anyone can furnish on the product. No foolin', honest injun.

7. Guess tobacco's just a labor of love, then.

8. I missed the part where someone said that Dark Cotton is bad because aspirating vomit is bad, but yeah, that's true.
2019 now.... I know this thread is the epitome of a dead horse but I've seen a few really big issues...

before i directly reply, i have to make note that my criticism is in no way reflecting of my opinion of your intellect or cognitive abilities...

you asked skoony to provide proof of the carbon cotton's safety... or in other words, proof of the nonexistence of negative health effects from the dark cotton... so i have to ask you, can you provide proof that unicorns do not exist? saying that well there is no footage, and no other evidence that they do exist doesn't count, all that is is a lack of proof that they do exist... you can show proof that something has positive health effects you can show proof that something has negative health effects you can not show proof or evidence of the neutrality of anything. though you may yourself have not come across this argument asking for proof or evidence of a products safety is mostly used to bury a product that someone is against by principle alone.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are people stupid enough to walk around with a live 18650 battery, loose change, and a set of keys in the same pocket.
That means that there is a huge chance that people will be stupid enough to vape with this shit.
:facepalm:
No shortage of stupid people out there.

VU Sponsors