Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doesn't look like a bad little vape. I wonder if BB bridges fit that tank.

Sent from the Death Star
I guess we'll know if somebody here bites the bullet and gets one. I just saw a post in the aussie forum, it has a fixed, DL draw as it sells. Looking at 3F, it takes drop in coils too, 0.2 ohms....
EDIT: comes with a rba too.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess we'll know if somebody here bites the bullet and gets one. I just saw a post in the aussie forum, it has a fixed, DL draw as it sells. Looking at 3F, it takes drop in coils too, 0.2 ohms....
EDIT: comes with a rba too.
The tank won't fit any of the BB stuff as it uses Smok Baby Beast coils and includes a RBA. Nice write up about it at the other place.
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/t...eview-by-mjag-baby-beast-rba-included.868159/

Sent from the Death Star

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Arthur-VU the pico squeeze is perfect for on the go. I use a berserker RDA on mine and don't even need an extra battery. Can get morning till evening but i vape alot & an average vaper would get like 2 days

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Todd posted the Lost Vape Orion AIO... DNA "Go" Board, no screen, replay...can hook it up to escribe

upload_2018-8-1_8-8-34.pngupload_2018-8-1_8-9-5.png

Todd says its not shit ;)

Ugly retro - says its loose MTL - no pricing - didn't catch everything on the video... helping wife pack for her trip ;)

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Any of you guys see this thing? A Billet Box wanna-be for DL folks, 90W and everything....http://www.3fvape.com/mod-kit/23538...uery=Marvec+Priest+AIO&results=9#.W2D1WtJKhEY
Yes, I saw that.

There was a review here:

https://old.reddit.com/r/electronic...t_review_by_mjagbaby/?st=jinp9mnr&sh=603580fd

and here with 'The BatMan':

and here with 'IndoorSmokers' (not much of a reviewer as a carnival barker):

Prior to getting a BB, I was looking at this one. With the single-coil RBA head it would allow you to build like you would for a mech, and being a direct output device, your vape will decline as the battery voltage goes down. I can live with that.

But I saw 2 big issues:
  1. No availability of replacement glass or gaskets for its 'boro'-style tank
  2. As per the reddit review, there was lots of condensation at the air inlets for the coil, and the USB port is too close to the condensation area for my comfort. I'd have to cover the USB port with tape (I'd NEVER ever use it for charging, as I have a Nitecore UM10 single-cell charger I can use for that) and also have to stuff cotton or paper tower around the bottom of the coil to absorb the moisture and prevent it leaking all over.
Aside from that, I thought it was neat, and much more useful than the Artery Vapor Pal (supposedly uses nautilus coils, but I avoid internal battery devices) or Innokin bastion Liftbox (which was my other contender to take the place now occupied by my BB)

Last edited:

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
And yet another Billet Box wanna-be, this one has a built in battery and uses Nautilus coils. https://www.vapewild.com/artery-pal-aio-vape-kit/
That would be nice, and I like the form factor of that over the Breeze2, and a bonus is that it uses the time-tested Nautlius coils, as opposed to the coils for the Breeze/Breeze2 which everyone on /ecr is having issues with either dry/burnt hits or gurgling/spitting.

The 0.7 Nautilus 2 coil I was using in the BB @ 17w lasted me nearly 100ml of juice before tasting off and a little burnt, all chain vaping like a fiend, so for the coils, if I had to go with an alternate the Pal is nicer to me, but I just wish the internal battery had a bigger capacity. I dont like to spend money on internal battery mods. With repeated use, one day the microUSB port will fail, and then the device is a paperweight, requiring either repair or replacement.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I just ordered a couple of pods things from Justfog, both are supposed to be MTL. The c601 from flebay and the Minifit from FT. will tell y'all how they are as soon as I get them.
On YT, KZOR from South Africa has a video review on the Minifit and shows how to rewick it.

EDIT; added video:

I had a chance to fondle one in the local B&M, and that one, and the Vagon felt really nice in the hand and looked like the mouthpiece was comfortable.

Last edited:

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
@Arthur-VU the pico squeeze is perfect for on the go. I use a berserker RDA on mine and don't even need an extra battery. Can get morning till evening but i vape alot & an average vaper would get like 2 days

More of a Bonkers post, but many of us are there as well, so I hope you all wont mind...so...

I've been hitting my Pico Squeeze v1 exclusively since Monday, rotating the Wasp Nano, Nudge 22 and Druga 22 as the atty on top. Nudge 22 and Druga 22 the top cap gets very hot with chain vaping and makes the metal body of the Squeeze itself very hot, all have 0.31 Ohm SS 316L spaced builds of 3.5mm or 4mm ID.

The Wasp Nano does not get hot itself with either the frosted clear cap, or the black delrin cap (THANKS to the kindness of @Wtmke1 for sending me the black delrin cap :))

Whether using an LG HG2 or Samsung 25R5, I am getting a really nice and flavorful and hot vape all the way down to the battery cut off which shows ~3.2-3.3v when I put the cell back on the charger.

One thing I learned in building for the BB RBA heads, is that with a smaller chamber you can still get a great vape with higher Ohms and lower watts, so I'm considering the Hellfire Viper2, Speed Revolution, NoFear Unlimited and Origen Little clones from FT as a way to get a vape experience on the Squeeze that is closer to the awesomeness of the BB with the Kanger or Exocet RBAs.

The goal being to maybe be able to have a 0.5 Ohm build on a 14mm, 16mm, or 18mm deck with adjustable afc, that will still give me a nice hot vape (on account of chamber size) at the ~17w-22w that such resistance will pull from an 18650 cell, and likely also have really long battery life, when compared to a 0.27 Ohm to 0.33 Ohm build.

So far, on the Wasp Nano on the Squeeze, with a build of 4 spaced wraps of SS316L on 4mm ID, comes out to 0.31 Ohms, I am getting ~3 refills of the hard plastic bottle that comes with the Squeeze, all the while mostly chain vaping.

Last edited:

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Todd posted the Lost Vape Orion AIO... DNA "Go" Board, no screen, replay...can hook it up to escribe

View attachment 116979View attachment 116980

Todd says its not shit ;)

Ugly retro - says its loose MTL - no pricing - didn't catch everything on the video... helping wife pack for her trip ;)
Thanks for the heads-up on that. I had a Lost Vape Drone that was rock solid, yet too heavy and large for me, so I sold it off at a fair price only 1 month later, and that money went toward my first BB clone from Gas City Vapes.

I am going to check this one out now too...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
More of a Bonkers post, but many of us are there as well, so I hope you all wont mind...so...

I've been hitting my Pico Squeeze v1 exclusively since Monday, rotating the Wasp Nano, Nudge 22 and Druga 22 as the atty on top. Nudge 22 and Druga 22 the top cap gets very hot with chain vaping and makes the metal body of the Squeeze itself very hot, all have 0.31 Ohm SS 316L spaced builds of 3.5mm or 4mm ID.

The Wasp Nano does not get hot itself with either the frosted clear cap, or the black delrin cap (THANKS to the kindness of @Wtmke1 for sending me the black delrin cap :))

Whether using an LG HG2 or Samsung 25R5, I am getting a really nice and flavorful and hot vape all the way down to the battery cut off which shows ~3.2-3.3v when I put the cell back on the charger.

One thing I learned in building for the BB RBA heads, is that with a smaller chamber you can still get a great vape with higher Ohms and lower watts, so I'm considering the Hellfire Viper2, Speed Revolution, NoFear Unlimited and Origen Little clones from FT as a way to get a vape experience on the Squeeze that is closer to the awesomeness of the BB with the Kanger or Exocet RBAs.

The goal being to maybe be able to have a 0.5 Ohm build on a 14mm, 16mm, or 18mm deck with adjustable afc, that will still give me a nice hot vape (on account of chamber size) at the ~17w-22w that such resistance will pull from an 18650 cell, and likely also have really long battery life, when compared to a 0.27 Ohm to 0.33 Ohm build.

So far, on the Wasp Nano on the Squeeze, with a build of 4 spaced wraps of SS316L on 4mm ID, comes out to 0.31 Ohms, I am getting ~3 refills of the hard plastic bottle that comes with the Squeeze, all the while mostly chain vaping.

I build .41-.52Ω in my RSAs with the Pico... Venna...Haku...Le Concorde...NarDa... ranging from simple round to tri-core aliens, plenty warm, good vapor...

Not long ago I was .27ish on the same mod/rsas, and before that <.10 on tubes ;)

I tend to use VTC5As til the 20 sets I have don't hold above 4.1v then they will get tossed to the Flash light pile ;)

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I build .41-.52Ω in my RSAs with the Pico... Venna...Haku...Le Concorde...NarDa... ranging from simple round to tri-core aliens, plenty warm, good vapor...

Not long ago I was .27ish on the same mod/rsas, and before that <.10 on tubes ;)

I tend to use VTC5As til the 20 sets I have don't hold above 4.1v then they will get tossed to the Flash light pile ;)
Sounds good to me.

I plan to grab 4x VTC5As in the next week or so, since I have 2 pairs of LG HG2s that are not running as long as they used to, but still charge up to 4.2v just fine. I will still use them in regulated devices, until like yours, they max out at 4.1v, but will add the Sony cells to rotate with the 25Rs for the Squeeze.

For my comfort and paranoia, if I go out with the Squeeze (or the BB) for the day, I'd bring a 30ml bottle of juice, and with one freshly charged cell in the mod, and 4x other freshly charged cells in a 4-cell plastic battery case.

If I were truly planning for eventualities, I'd add a 20,000mAh USB powerbank, both 2-amp wall and car charger adapters, and the Nitecore UM10 and a 120ml bottle of juice, but that's likely not necessary right now. LOL.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds good to me.

I plan to grab 4x VTC5As in the next week or so, since I have 2 pairs of LG HG2s that are not running as long as they used to, but still charge up to 4.2v just fine. I will still use them in regulated devices, until like yours, they max out at 4.1v, but will add the Sony cells to rotate with the 25Rs for the Squeeze.

For my comfort and paranoia, if I go out with the Squeeze (or the BB) for the day, I'd bring a 30ml bottle of juice, and with one freshly charged cell in the mod, and 4x other freshly charged cells in a 4-cell plastic battery case.

If I were truly planning for eventualities, I'd add a 20,000mAh USB powerbank, both 2-amp wall and car charger adapters, and the Nitecore UM10 and a 120ml bottle of juice, but that's likely not necessary right now. LOL.

My beaters are the Picos...I mean I don't abuse them like I would if I was still working in the field...but I don't worry about them sloshing around in the door cubby in my vehicle or if they flew out the center console and onto the floor and this is with authentic $125+ atty's attached to it.

I don't vape a ton when I am out and about with family/friends or the wife...so I'll end up taking which ever has the better juice in it, top it off and toss a fresh battery in. When I come home after 3-6 hours, I might of dented 2ml, even less with the BB with the comfort bridge ( gotta keep it relevant )

When I was still in the field checking on job sites, I had my nitecore 2 bay plugged in the lighter port, 2 batteries in the case.one in the tube and 30ml and it was more than enough (this was my cloudbrocloud days )

If I worked regular hours in the field rather than desk work now, I for sure would have 2 picos and a pair of batteries with me, charger and 30ml and still be straight for 12 hours.

And regarding battery choices, although HG2s and 25Rs are ample for .20+ I like 5As over those due to heat factor, 5As run cooler in general use than those 2.

I vape way to much at home, and hardly at all when out and about.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use the speed revolution on a squeeze with a 26g kanthal 5 wraps. Comes to about 0.7. I wouldn't go to 24g as the ramp up is terrible. I've also done the same build with SS that came to 0.5 so that will be better for what your shooting for. 28g was even better. I just find thicker wire as really bad ramp up on unregulated squonkers. When i was using a wasp nano, hadaly or gorge o would have to carry batteries an juice. With my MTL attys i can use a freshly charged 3000mah battery and a full squonk bottle without having to carry spares with me. Good shout out on the origion little too cos i've been meaning to get one of them for a while. I also just got a squeeze 2. It's really good and i chose one that came with a battery :)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry this isn't in the squonkers thread just thought i'd give some suggestions. I did actually come to this thread cos the BBs would fit my requirements perfectly :)

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So my RPG is off to new home today and I needed some color in my life for my Ratblack SXKUSBBB. Had some leftover Rit Synthetic dye from a BMM Punk I had once upon a time and decided to give it go.
Troy's panels in MJF (sp?) nylon took the color almost immediately! Turned out really rich and I'm a bit impressed with myself today.

Sent from the Death Star
028057e6120154978660b104395a03d7.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So my RPG is off to new home today and I needed some color in my life for my Ratblack SXKUSBBB. Had some leftover Rit Synthetic dye from a BMM Punk I had once upon a time and decided to give it go.
Troy's panels in MJF (sp?) nylon took the color almost immediately! Turned out really rich and I'm a bit impressed with myself today.

Sent from the Death Star
028057e6120154978660b104395a03d7.jpg
Oh damn. Wheels turning now. Looks great man

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh damn. Wheels turning now. Looks great man

To be honest the color isn't quite as consistent on the tank/chip panel. It's a little lighter on the bottom and I may re-dye that portion. Still shocking how quickly and well it took the color though!

Sent from the Death Star

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To be honest the color isn't quite as consistent on the tank/chip panel. It's a little lighter on the bottom and I may re-dye that portion. Still shocking how quickly and well it took the color though!

Sent from the Death Star
I was thinking like hydro dip. I think that would be cool but may make it thicker on the edges and may not fit. But he'll two favorite colors of spray paint and a 5gallon bucket of water

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I'm not getting g the life out of Nauti. Oils that I thought I would. My only explanation would be that it's the juice I'm using. I changed the coil last on Monday and today it tastes burnt and dry.
There's no added sweetener to it so I don't understand why I'm having this issue.
It's a Hawk Sauce Clone... It's got TFA blackberry, TFA raspberry, FW Jungle Juice, and TFA Koolada and TFA Sour in less than 1 percent each.
Thoughts?!

Sent from the Death Star

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Recently my nautilus coils i use in my nautilus mini haven't been lasting so could be a bad batch of coils going round cos i used to get 2 to 4 weeks and i don't use Sweet juices.
Been using nautilus coils and triton mini clapton coils for 2 plus years.

I've been checking out some BB Rev 4 clones and am very close to pulling the trigger. Boro tank and RBA i believe :)
Was gonna use naut coils but they are hit an miss nowadays. I can say though that the 0.7s last longer than 1.6.for some reason!!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I'm not getting g the life out of Nauti. Oils that I thought I would. My only explanation would be that it's the juice I'm using. I changed the coil last on Monday and today it tastes burnt and dry.
There's no added sweetener to it so I don't understand why I'm having this issue.
It's a Hawk Sauce Clone... It's got TFA blackberry, TFA raspberry, FW Jungle Juice, and TFA Koolada and TFA Sour in less than 1 percent each.
Thoughts?!

Sent from the Death Star

Depends... how many ml's we talking...wattage? cause I can go a month on a Nat coil...but I don't vape the BB exclusively nor a lot, much at all.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got my BB all together and then got a burnt hit. Uck!

Good way to start lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depends... how many ml's we talking...wattage? cause I can go a month on a Nat coil...but I don't vape the BB exclusively nor a lot, much at all.
I get about 12-14 mls at 10 watts out of it before I start getting burnt flavor and the juice starts to darken. It has less sour flavoring than my ADV and that's usually the culprit. I don't think that's it this time.

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I get about 12-14 mls at 10 watts out of it before I start getting burnt flavor and the juice starts to darken. It has less sour flavoring than my ADV and that's usually the culprit. I don't think that's it this time.

Sent from the Death Star

So 3 tanks? dang thats shitty. I vape it at 13w and get 4 tanks and then I look at the coil down the chimney... if its not nasty looking I'll go another tank.

And this is with some near 20% juice. No sweeteners.

Might of been a dud

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That doesn't sound good at all, definitely sounds like a dud coil. A couple years back it was my only atty and i got two weeks vaping 6ml a day

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So 3 tanks? dang thats shitty. I vape it at 13w and get 4 tanks and then I look at the coil down the chimney... if its not nasty looking I'll go another tank.

And this is with some near 20% juice. No sweeteners.

Might of been a dud
I switched to a DIY menthol ice to see if it was the juice. Changed the coil. If it goes well for a few tanks I'll put the Hawk Sauce Clone in and see if that make a difference. This is why I hate science.

Sent from the Death Star

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Burned up my first coil too. :giggle:
Idk what to do lol. Haven't used a factory coil in so long.

Right now I'm contemplating letting it sit awhile or taking the glass off and poking holes in the one cotton hole I can see.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm using the .5 ohm Kanger coil right now but it's reading .68-.70

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I have a .4 Atlantis coil that's been reading.48 since I put it in. Not sure what the hell that's about. Just figured it's the coil. I know you're tired of fiddling and this was supposed to be a hopeful end all to that but maybe the rba would work better for you. I've got a fused clapton in mine. 2x28/36. .34 ohms. Still has plenty of airflow for it

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a .4 Atlantis coil that's been reading.48 since I put it in. Not sure what the hell that's about. Just figured it's the coil. I know you're tired of fiddling and this was supposed to be a hopeful end all to that but maybe the rba would work better for you. I've got a fused clapton in mine. 2x28/36. .34 ohms. Still has plenty of airflow for it

Yeah I'm sure it will. Just didn't wanna deal with it tonight. That's more of a weekend thing.

Would have to find or figure out coil specs too.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Caught myself twice trying to squonk it but there's no hole! Hahaha

My squonk finger covers the airflow. Lol I had that issue at first. Like damn this is tight,duh move my damn fingers. I understand that about the weekend. And if steam-engine doesn't work for you try the app vape tool. I have the pro version but it can do exactly what you need.

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Yup that's normal. That's what I have been using. When I first got the BB I was a little too excited and didn't prime the coil first, and I didn't let it sit long enough to soak the coil.

I changed out the coil last week, and forgot to prime it again. Realized my mistake and let it sit for 20 minutes or so to soak in. Also started at about 15 watts and slowly worked my way up to about 25w.

Using 70vg juice so it's pretty thick.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yup that's normal. That's what I have been using. When I first got the BB I was a little too excited and didn't prime the coil first, and I didn't let it sit long enough to soak the coil.

I changed out the coil last week, and forgot to prime it again. Realized my mistake and let it sit for 20 minutes or so to soak in. Also started at about 15 watts and slowly worked my way up to about 25w.

Using 70vg juice so it's pretty thick.
I suppose I'll take it easy and see if it needs a break in period.

I did prime it but maybe not enough. Also using 70vg

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Other thing I do, slide the glass down a touch, hold your finger over the side air holes and along the bottom where the coil sticks out, and draw on the drip tip without firing it. Theory is to create some vaccum in the coil to draw the juice into the coil.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Other thing I do, slide the glass down a touch, hold your finger over the side air holes and along the bottom where the coil sticks out, and draw on the drip tip without firing it. Theory is to create some vaccum in the coil to draw the juice into the coil.
I'll try that if it's still not good after sitting awhile. I appreciate it your help!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

My DIY is mostly Max vg...so if the recipe uses 14% flavoring, rest is vg.

Works fine with the nats, kanger, cCells, just not so well with the Insider, Exocet.

I prime as usual, install, fill the boro 3/4's full so there is some vacuum...same with refilling, never all the way for the same reason.

I tried 60/40 and 50/50 once, but sprung a leak, additionally didn't make much difference flavor wise so decided to go thicker for the sake of possible leaking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors