Become a Patron!

Billet Box Appreciation Thread

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry you have to suffer the additional delay.

Mail and packages get stolen from my house all the time and the postal service is incompetent to help, so I get all 'important' stuff shipped/mailed to my sister's house and her housekeeper/nanny (yes my sister lives a fancy life) sets it aside for me to pick up.

they have been good, via FB chat

not telling them it is only 2 x $3 coils lol

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude!

That's why my silver still hasn't left my house...
I did not leave the house either i laid it on my leg somethin spooked me and the bb must have got scared to and jumped for saftey but i dont think it realized it was on its way to meet the concrete face to face

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Does anyone know where to get clear/frosted door panels for the BB?

Matching drip tip would be great too...

Please advise. :)

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Does anyone know where to get clear/frosted door panels for the BB?

Matching drip tip would be great too...

Please advise. :)

I wish we could get matchy doors/buttons/drip-tips like for the original Pulse BF, and as cheaply as well.

VandyDerp originally sold the Pulse BF doors for ~$5/set and many sites have them on clearance now for half that or less.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Origin: United States
2018-06-04 13:49 AUSTRALIA, MELBOURNE, Departed, Your item departed a transfer airport in METROPOLITAN AREA, MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA on June 4, 2018 at 1:49 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
2018-06-02 11:13 SAN FRANCISCO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Processed Through Regional Facility
2018-06-02 08:52 SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
2018-06-02 08:52 SAN FRANCISCO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at Regional Facility
2018-06-01 00:00 In Transit to Next Facility
2018-05-31 00:00 In Transit to Next Facility
2018-05-30 23:49 SAN FRANCISCO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
2018-05-30 22:38 SAN FRANCISCO CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Departed USPS Regional Facility
2018-05-30 21:07 SAN FRANCISCO CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
2018-05-30 15:35 RENO NV DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
2018-05-30 06:50 WEST VALLEY CITY, UT 84119, Departed USPS Facility
2018-05-30 02:10 WEST VALLEY CITY, UT 84119, Arrived at USPS Facility
2018-05-30 01:59 SALT LAKE CITY UT NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Departed USPS Regional Facility
2018-05-29 19:08 SALT LAKE CITY UT NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
2018-05-29 17:53 OGDEN, UT 84402, Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
2018-05-28 08:12 OGDEN, UT 84402, Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
======================================
Powered by www.17track.net

:bliss:

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
In just 4 days from when I ordered, the LARGE replacement screen for the DNA60, to replace the one I borked in my BB, arrived today in NJ from Evolv:

June 4, 2018, 1:37 pm
Delivered, In/At Mailbox
Your item was delivered in or at the mailbox at 1:37 pm on June 4, 2018
June 4, 2018, 8:52 am
Out for Delivery
June 4, 2018, 8:42 am
Sorting Complete
June 4, 2018, 6:34 am
Arrived at Post Office
June 3, 2018, 9:32 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
June 1, 2018, 10:37 am
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
AKRON, OH 44310

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
so @BrewBear The tips looks nice...and I will ship one out in the morning... please tell me if its acceptable to you if not I will refund you.

Reason I say this... I asked for them to cover the hole of the 510, which they do... be black, which they are...be in total 14mm in height, which they are... and finish at 14mm in diameter... which they aren't. they are 11.25mm

To me that is unacceptable and moving forward if Chris doesn't make this right... I can not in good will recommend him in the slightest..

upload_2018-6-4_12-24-51.png

My doodle for reference... This picture clearly states the 2 major points of measurements... 14mm height, finishes to 14mm diameter... it is left to him knowing said key needed to cover the base via illustration that a 15-16mm base is needed.

This is his response....

upload_2018-6-4_12-24-23.png
upload_2018-6-4_12-28-24.png

I think he knows he fucked up...we shall see...he hasn't read the last response yet.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so @BrewBear The tips looks nice...and I will ship one out in the morning... please tell me if its acceptable to you if not I will refund you.

Reason I say this... I asked for them to cover the hole of the 510, which they do... be black, which they are...be in total 14mm in height, which they are... and finish at 14mm in diameter... which they aren't. they are 11.25mm

To me that is unacceptable and moving forward if Chris doesn't make this right... I can not in good will recommend him in the slightest..

View attachment 112896

My doodle for reference... This picture clearly states the 2 major points of measurements... 14mm height, finishes to 14mm diameter... it is left to him knowing said key needed to cover the base via illustration that a 15-16mm base is needed.

This is his response....

View attachment 112895
View attachment 112898

I think he knows he fucked up...we shall see...he hasn't read the last response yet.
Odds are I'll be fine with that top width.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Seriously... am I out of line telling him as I did... I don't believe that I am, nor do I think that the interpretation of the doodle can ever result in a smaller diameter finish point as drawn.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Seriously... am I out of line telling him as I did... I don't believe that I am, nor do I think that the interpretation of the doodle can ever result in a smaller diameter finish point as drawn.
FWIW - I understood your doodle as you have explained it both when you first showed it and also now with your most recent comment.

I used to use Visio a lot back in the days when I was on Windows, as well as ConceptDraw when I was on Mac, and even simple dimension lines for a true CAD program or even a pencil drawing like the guys do on the show 'This Old House', and IMHO seems to me that you have to either have vision problems, or be careless to misinterpret such a detail.

Having said that, being sickeningly polite and very persistent is likely to get the outcome desired as opposed to anything else. Doing that may help you in your future talking with him. Just my 2 cents.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FWIW - I understood your doodle as you have explained it both when you first showed it and also now with your most recent comment.

I used to use Visio a lot back in the days when I was on Windows, as well as ConceptDraw when I was on Mac, and even simple dimension lines for a true CAD program or even a pencil drawing like the guys do on the show 'This Old House', and IMHO seems to me that you have to either have vision problems, or be careless to misinterpret such a detail.

Having said that, being sickeningly polite and very persistent is likely to get the outcome desired as opposed to anything else. Doing that may help you in your future talking with him. Just my 2 cents.

Hopefully I was polite... truly don't think I was being rude. One thing I truly lack is people skills... main reason I worked in construction and didn't finish Mechanical Engineering... able to be straight and to the point with my apprentices rather than having to sugar coat or sweet talk... lol tangent coming... I cut the wife off a lot when we talk...I'll ask her a yes or no question and she answers then goes into explanation mode and I am like, I didnt ask for a story love. She is so used to having to provide reasoning being a Nurse Educator at Kaiser... always get the "Oh" after I cut her off lol

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Were it me in his place, I would've confirmed dimensions with you before starting the lathe, let you know that if you want the top at a certain width, then the base would have been wider....

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hopefully I was polite... truly don't think I was being rude. One thing I truly lack is people skills... main reason I worked in construction and didn't finish Mechanical Engineering... able to be straight and to the point with my apprentices rather than having to sugar coat or sweet talk... lol tangent coming... I cut the wife off a lot when we talk...I'll ask her a yes or no question and she answers then goes into explanation mode and I am like, I didnt ask for a story love. She is so used to having to provide reasoning being a Nurse Educator at Kaiser... always get the "Oh" after I cut her off lol

I dont see your comments as rude. My sincere advice is to be patient, and allow him to give a proper response, and if he still resists, then maybe still try to explain further, but leave the emotion out of it. I know you are likely frustrated and disappointed, but if you let that affect your conversation and it gets confrontational, you are likely to lose any chance of a resolution with which you will be happy for the end result.

Diplomacy is a skill that takes mindful practice. Think like you are a Vulcan, like Spock from Star Trek, and incapable of emotion and only science and logic. That is what I try to do, and it has served me well, and I admit, it is often NOT easy in practice.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont see your comments as rude. My sincere advice is to be patient, and allow him to give a proper response, and if he still resists, then maybe still try to explain further, but leave the emotion out of it. I know you are likely frustrated and disappointed, but if you let that affect your conversation and it gets confrontational, you are likely to lose any chance of a resolution with which you will be happy for the end result.

Diplomacy is a skill that takes mindful practice. Think like you are a Vulcan, like Spock from Star Trek, and incapable of emotion and only science and logic. That is what I try to do, and it has served me well, and I admit, it is often NOT easy in practice.
My boss hates that I'm emotionless with him. Been doing the same work for half as long and get him Everytime with the "work smart not hard" rule.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any way to pre heat a coil in the rba?. The a-tank shipped last night but I know it'll be a minute before it gets here. And what's about the Lowest ohm I can go on a BB? I've got figured for a 26g 5wrap at .54 but what about a fused clapton? I think I can get it to fit but don't want to strip the screws. I think I can roll with the .5... That's what my Atlantis coils are.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any way to pre heat a coil in the rba?. The a-tank shipped last night but I know it'll be a minute before it gets here. And what's about the Lowest ohm I can go on a BB? I've got figured for a 26g 5wrap at .54 but what about a fused clapton? I think I can get it to fit but don't want to strip the screws. I think I can roll with the .5... That's what my Atlantis coils are.

Not sure about the lowest resistance you can go to on the BB, I'm still very new at this game, but if you go with a slightly spaced coil you don't need to work out the hot spots- at least in theory:confused:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure about the lowest resistance you can go to on the BB, I'm still very new at this game, but if you go with a slightly spaced coil you don't need to work out the hot spots- at least in theory:confused:
Ahh thanks for that. Got the coil in looking nice. I'll just spread it a hair. I bought that dober from TroyDestroy last night thinking this one from jmoney was black. It's dober. Lol I would've got the black from Troy. Oh well I was looking at the purple one the other day. Lemme get aquatinted with BB first. The wife said I was starting to gather a collection and I shhshed her. Then the neighborhood kid came back to tell the wife buy and was like dang Mike how many Vapes so you need.. I shhshed her too.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh thanks for that. Got the coil in looking nice. I'll just spread it a hair. I bought that dober from TroyDestroy last night thinking this one from jmoney was black. It's dober. Lol I would've got the black from Troy. Oh well I was looking at the purple one the other day. Lemme get aquatinted with BB first. The wife said I was starting to gather a collection and I shhshed her. Then the neighborhood kid came back to tell the wife buy and was like dang Mike how many Vapes so you need.. I shhshed her too.

You might see if @troydestroy still has the black one and swap it with the Dober? I got the RPG from BB and the only one they had at the time was the MoP button one. Saturday I got the Firebald from them, red with MoP button, The MoP grows on you:kickbutt:
My intent was to use the BB as a MTL device but all the bridges I have (so far) are anything but MTL. Hopefully the Insider MTL will get here soon along with the "Comfort" bridge from Greece (takes Nautilus coils). I just picked up the MF bridge kit from the post office, now waiting for the coils to arrive along with the plugs from @troydestroy . The extra tanks and the red BB should be here by the end of the week (Vaping Gods willing).

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You might see if @troydestroy still has the black one and swap it with the Dober? I got the RPG from BB and the only one they had at the time was the MoP button one. Saturday I got the Firebald from them, red with MoP button, The MoP grows on you:kickbutt:
My intent was to use the BB as a MTL device but all the bridges I have (so far) are anything but MTL. Hopefully the Insider MTL will get here soon along with the "Comfort" bridge from Greece (takes Nautilus coils). I just picked up the MF bridge kit from the post office, now waiting for the coils to arrive along with the plugs from @troydestroy . The extra tanks and the red BB should be here by the end of the week (Vaping Gods willing).
Yea I've got one plug coming from Troy. He was supposed to ship the dober today. No tracking yet but it's no biggie. Looking at this one.i haven't seen 18 watts in 4 years. Lol.

Edit: ok 23watts.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What exactly is mop? I learned RPG the other day

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I've got one plug coming from Troy. He was supposed to ship the dober today. No tracking yet but it's no biggie. Looking at this one.i haven't seen 18 watts in 4 years. Lol.

Oops... Forgot to send you tracking... Went out this morning, just PMd ya

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I only hit 22w using the A-Tank and 19w with the exocet...more than enough wattage.

Also... 0.08Ω is the lowest

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only hit 22w using the A-Tank and 19w with the exocet...more than enough wattage.

Also... 0.08Ω is the lowest
Yea I didn't realize how much airflow there was. It's good for me but I can definitely get a little warmer. Maybe a clapton. But I don't want to eat into the battery too much. With a single coil you can only do so few wraps. Lol

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So no word back from Chris since he read my response... I'll give it a day or so see if he responds before I make final judgement about him.

Vape Mail: Boro's I ordered from FT arrive tomorrow, or so says the tracking text update I got. Which will make the fastest order I ever received from them... 28th to the 5th - 8 days

Venna gets here Thursday or so says tracking again... find out if its true that I was given #73 ;)

Going to send you both tips from Chris @BrewBear they aren't to my liking, and if they aren't to yours I will refund you.

I might... just might buy another BB this coming Saturday... or buy bridges ;)

Sort of a slight tangent... got an email back from DhGate (SXK) ... they will sell me individual SXK bridges, emailed them back for a MOQ and pricing.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Going to send you both tips from Chris @BrewBear they aren't to my liking, and if they aren't to yours I will refund you.
I'll just take the one, you might get a refund from Chris for yours if you send it back?
Now you tell me I could possibly get a couple Nautilus bridges without the "greek connection"?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll just take the one, you might get a refund from Chris for yours if you send it back?
Now you tell me I could possibly get a couple Nautilus bridges without the "greek connection"?

Yeah took 5 days for the first response from DHgate... waiting for another to see what Minimum order and price per unit is

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Should be here either tomorrow [Wed] or Thursday

Will be before 9am if it comes in the van, or around 11am if it is small enough to go with bike guy [Honda CT110, I think we have bikers present]

Package status: In transit
Destination: Australia
2018-06-05 12:42 MELBOURNE VIC, Arrived at facility in destination country
2018-06-02 11:13 SAN FRANCISCO (US), Processed through facility
2018-05-29 17:53 US-84402, UNITED STATES, Received by overseas carrier
Origin: United States
2018-06-05 12:42 AUSTRALIA, Processed Through Facility, Your item was processed through a facility in AUSTRALIA on June 5, 2018 at 12:42 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
2018-06-04 13:49 AUSTRALIA, MELBOURNE, Departed
2018-06-02 19:17 UNITED STATES, SAN FRANCISCO, Arrived
2018-06-02 11:13 SAN FRANCISCO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Processed Through Regional Facility
2018-06-02 08:52 SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
2018-06-02 08:52 SAN FRANCISCO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at Regional Facility
2018-06-01 00:00 In Transit to Next Facility
2018-05-31 00:00 In Transit to Next Facility
2018-05-30 23:49 SAN FRANCISCO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
2018-05-30 22:38 SAN FRANCISCO CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Departed USPS Regional Facility
2018-05-30 21:07 SAN FRANCISCO CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
2018-05-30 15:35 RENO NV DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
2018-05-30 06:50 WEST VALLEY CITY, UT 84119, Departed USPS Facility
2018-05-30 02:10 WEST VALLEY CITY, UT 84119, Arrived at USPS Facility
2018-05-30 01:59 SALT LAKE CITY UT NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Departed USPS Regional Facility
2018-05-29 19:08 SALT LAKE CITY UT NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
2018-05-29 17:53 OGDEN, UT 84402, Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
2018-05-28 08:12 OGDEN, UT 84402, Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
======================================