Become a Patron!

BEWARE OF THIS USER

tank52086

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
That’s a shame. I’ve had my eye on this for a while. Check his conversation history… he’s super sketchy.

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I filled a case against him in Vape Court on Facebook.
I'm sure I'll never get reimbursed but at least it will put his name out there.
It will get his name on the Wall of Shame!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Sadly, that will not likely even phase "it" (not dignified enough to be called a "he" as it acts more like AI, programmed to scam). IT will just steal another identity and continue being a worthless POS.

I am the cynical pessimist MyMagicMist speaks of and will be cremated with my middle finger still erect! FTW!

Even established reputable companies do this sort of thing. Bait and switch, changing formulas without notifying customers then paying them off to get a 5 star review on a horrible product. I'm not sure which one is lower on the scale of scum - the company or the tool who takes the bribe!

I was recently offered a full refund and told to keep the $80 item I bought on Amazon, so long as I increase my ratings. Sent their email to Amazon cust service where I got my refund and fucktards had to keep the generous 3 star review I originally left for their "small family owned business" with 16 employees pulling in $10.5mill/year. I didn't ask for a refund, they offered, but with TOS violating conditions, so I graciously accepted, just on my terms! Not much pisses me off these days like paid reviews!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Sadly, that will not likely even phase "it" (not dignified enough to be called a "he" as it acts more like AI, programmed to scam). IT will just steal another identity and continue being a worthless POS.

I am the cynical pessimist MyMagicMist speaks of and will be cremated with my middle finger still erect! FTW!

Even established reputable companies do this sort of thing. Bait and switch, changing formulas without notifying customers then paying them off to get a 5 star review on a horrible product. I'm not sure which one is lower on the scale of scum - the company or the tool who takes the bribe!

I was recently offered a full refund and told to keep the $80 item I bought on Amazon, so long as I increase my ratings. Sent their email to Amazon cust service where I got my refund and fucktards had to keep the generous 3 star review I originally left for their "small family owned business" with 16 employees pulling in $10.5mill/year. I didn't ask for a refund, they offered, but with TOS violating conditions, so I graciously accepted, just on my terms! Not much pisses me off these days like paid reviews!

I, too, have a cynical side. Companies can also use rig, to create reviewers. This could be sped up by piping to rig in an algorithm.

A person could get scammers and reviewers all from one command line, command. It would not involve too many processes, either. You could populate a couple MySQL databases, one for scammer bots, another for reviewer bots.

The whole thing would be coded up pretty efficiently. It wouldn't require much resource use, as in memory, cpu cycles. And then, you could pipe it over to the Internet/Web and let it go through forums, news groups, commerce sites.

Such a tool, or tool set rather might even be useful to say cat fish, phish, do bait & switch. Interesting subject matter to explore, ... maybe, ...

ETA: If IRC, PRISM or some other such surveillance software did/does this kind of thing to allegedly "catch bad guys". Although with the advent of newspeak now, I'll add in the Standard Disclaimers.

Last edited:

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I, too, have a cynical side. Companies can also use rig, to create reviewers. This could be sped up by piping to rig in an algorithm.

A person could get scammers and reviewers all from one command line, command. It would not involve too many processes, either. You could populate a couple MySQL databases, one for scammer bots, another for reviewer bots.

The whole thing would be coded up pretty efficiently. It wouldn't require much resource use, as in memory, cpu cycles. And then, you could pipe it over to the Internet/Web and let it go through forums, news groups, commerce sites.

Such a tool, or tool set rather might even be useful to say cat fish, phish, do bait & switch. Interesting subject matter to explore, ... maybe, ...

ETA: If IRC, PRISM or some other such surveillance software did/does this kind of thing to allegedly "catch bad guys". Although with the advent of newspeak now, I'll add in the Standard Disclaimers.
JFHC . I guess I'll just start ignoring reviews altogether, lol. If you can come up with that on a moments notice, just imagine what a team could do for a company willing to pay good $.

Got one of those oil diffuser things for x-mas.... It had 65,000 5 star reviews. 2 weeks after x-mas mom (who bought it for me) got a letter in the mail offering $15 Amazon gift card (good towards the purchase of oils from same company) in exchange for a 5 star review. Was supposed to make the review, screenshot it, and email to the company, then they would send the gift card. Very few items have that many reviews, let alone 5 stars for a cheap plastic oil diffuser. $2 item, sell for $40 then give $15 back for a review. I sent all that info to Amazon too. They say they don't tolerate that shit, yet all of the sellers/items I've reported are still going strong. SMH

Nothing is as it seems...

Dear Mother Alien,

CTL+ALT+DEL PLEASE!!!

Harshest Regards,

Mother Earth

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If you can come up with that on a moments notice, just imagine what a team could do for a company willing to pay good $.
Oh, I've known of such things for quite a few years now. A few things keep me from exploiting it and becoming an overnight billionaire.

1. I'm a lazy fucker.
2. I really would need to formally learn programming, not interested. Happy enough being a hobbyist "hacker" due to number 1.
3. Not ethically, or morally, inclined to be evil like that.
4. I keep giving away the "secrets" out in the open because of number 3, I'm too honest. If I ever did anything near that stuff, I know I would be instantly caught at it, and I've seen Federal prisons "hackers" live in. No, thanks, I'll pass.
5. For some unknown reason, I rather stay poor than be that kind of thief. Granted, I'll hunt, fish, trap, grow food without license to feed myself and family. That's different, though, a matter of self-defense, actually. Read Les Misérables to have an understanding of that. Victor Hugo captures the essence of it well.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
cmcarthy7128

I sold him 2 Double Barrels at a super price of 80.00 shipped for both in December.
I just got it charged back to my PayPal account because he disputed the charge with his bank!
c6b560e7497ec2363937bb8a7635ce6c.jpg

4d2f23c71f465e52bd5cb74420847c82.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

@cmccarthy7128

I see you're back on here like nothing happened and are interested in a juggernaut.

What happened to the $80 charge back you pulled here?

Shouldn't you at least be looking to pay back the $80 first before expecting people to deal with you again?

You're an "addictions counselor" or whatever but you don't even bother to practice step #5 when you're the person who wronged others?

That's just hypocritical af.

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@cmccarthy7128

I see you're back on here like nothing happened and are interested in a juggernaut.

What happened to the $80 charge back you pulled here?

Shouldn't you at least be looking to pay back the $80 first before expecting people to deal with you again?

You're an "addictions counselor" or whatever but you don't even bother to practice step #5 when you're the person who wronged others?

That's just hypocritical af.
WTF!?!?!?

How is it that he has 100% rating??

Def need to stop this prick. I'm surprised he wasn't banned... But then he'd just make a new profile.

Would it be allowed (not that anyone would stop you) to send his name and address to everyone who lists things for sale, just as a heads up?

Would really hate to see him get away with this again!

It seems your vigilant enough to notice he's active... fortunately.

Maybe there could be a sticky in the marketplace with the names and addresses of known scammers. Proof of a scam, as you've provided, should be adequate to warrant this. I realize this could cause an array of issues, but adequate proof from a reputable member could be required to add a name to the list.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When McCarthy first showed up here on VU, he said he worked in a residential drug-treatment facility and was looking for inexpensive vape gear to buy for the guys in the facility.

Obviously going from that to the way he's presented on that Facebook page is hinky. Also obviously we don't know if anything he's ever said was the truth.

He's never been super-active, but he has been around from time to time for a good while. That's what makes this particular situation so concerning, imo.

Anyway, we sure know who he is now - not in the traditional sense, but in other ways that matter. I wouldn't give him the time of day.

I came back to this thread because I just got a notification on it.

Do you remember this is the guy we both wanted to send stuff to, to support his recovery center residents who he said had very restricted smoking time and area?

He never replied to me when I offered to send some things, but I asked him for the address of the center. Someone else offered to help him out in a different "help us" thread:

And you can see he said "no thanks, sounds like you need it more than we do".

Looking back on it now, I notice he couldn't even spell it right. He wrote "Theraputic".

So I think that's his confidence game, to look like a do-gooder so people will trust him for transactions. It still makes ya feel like a pendejo.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I came back to this thread because I just got a notification on it.

Do you remember this is the guy we both wanted to send stuff to, to support his recovery center residents who he said had very restricted smoking time and area?

He never replied to me when I offered to send some things, but I asked him for the address of the center. Someone else offered to help him out in a different "help us" thread:

And you can see he said "no thanks, sounds like you need it more than we do".

Looking back on it now, I notice he couldn't even spell it right. He wrote "Theraputic".

So I think that's his confidence game, to look like a do-gooder so people will trust him for transactions. It still makes ya feel like a pendejo.
When I found his FB page, there was no mention of any treatment facility of any kind. I found info of his political practices, but not that. Red flag right there. One would mention that, especially if it were legit, and if they were involved in politics.

That being the case, the chingallero most likely has never been involved in running any treatment facility. Maybe been in one, but not operating one.

So, what's he doing with the mods he is stealing in these "deals"? Likely selling them.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
311   0   0
What did he say?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but when i saw it I was floored because I had a feeling about that dude in 2020. He's one of those people that thinks if someone is listing an item for sale at a higher price than it costs brand new that means they are a scammer, which is completely not true.

He shit all over someone's WTS thread over it because he wanted whatever they were selling but it was more than what you could get it for brand new. So instead of buying it brand new at I think Element Vape, he shit all over the thread to try to get the seller ot lower their price (but they never did IIRC). So in another thread, I really ripped him a a new arsehole about it. People who don't understand free market principles are always suspect to me. I mean, if someone is selling something with a price that is above market value for it's condition, then people will not buy it and they will either never sell it or lower their price eventually. But it's not a scam. It's a simple concept, really.

And get this: the item he wanted to buy was less than $25 brand new IIRC. lol. So since he admitted he could spemd less money buying the cheap item brand new, but didn't want to and was trying (not effectively) to get the seller to drop his price instead, that raised a red flag with me. And indeed, after seeing this thread my suspicion was probably right. This dude probably had a mind to do a chargeback on the seller all along because he knew he could not get away with it with Element Vape, whose payment processor would be able to prove the dispute is unjust and therefore reverse the chargeback.

I just knew that dude was a douchbag from day-one.

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but when i saw it I was floored because I had a feeling about that dude in 2020. He's one of those people that thinks if someone is listing an item for sale at a higher price than it costs brand new that means they are a scammer, which is completely not true.

He shit all over someone's WTS thread over it because he wanted whatever they were selling but it was more than what you could get it for brand new. So instead of buying it brand new at I think Element Vape, he shit all over the thread to try to get the seller ot lower their price (but they never did IIRC). So in another thread, I really ripped him a a new arsehole about it. People who don't understand free market principles are always suspect to me. I mean, if someone is selling something with a price that is above market value for it's condition, then people will not buy it and they will either never sell it or lower their price eventually. But it's not a scam. It's a simple concept, really.

And get this: the item he wanted to buy was less than $25 brand new IIRC. lol. So since he admitted he could spemd less money buying the cheap item brand new, but didn't want to and was trying (not effectively) to get the seller to drop his price instead, that raised a red flag with me. And indeed, after seeing this thread my suspicion was probably right. This dude probably had a mind to do a chargeback on the seller all along because he knew he could not get away with it with Element Vape, whose payment processor would be able to prove the dispute is unjust and therefore reverse the chargeback.

I just knew that dude was a douchbag from day-one.
$25 plus what, another $20+ for shipping and adult signature that the mail carrier just leaves in the mailbox anyhow.

Vs prob $10 shipping from a member here.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
$25 plus what, another $20+ for shipping and adult signature that the mail carrier just leaves in the mailbox anyhow.

Vs prob $10 shipping from a member here.

That incident I was referring to was in 2020. New USPS regs for "tobacco products" shipments didn't go into effect until late Q1 or early Q2 of 2021 so no one was shipping with adult sig yet.

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That incident I was referring to was in 2020. New USPS regs for "tobacco products" shipments didn't go into effect until late Q1 or early Q2 of 2021 so no one was shipping with adult sig yet.
Uh, gotcha. Thought you were referring to a recent listing.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Uh, gotcha. Thought you were referring to a recent listing.

Got it. And BTW: I was wrong to say that his shitting all over the ad over the price the seller has the freedom to list at was an indication of him possibly thinking of doing a chargeback, becuse why would he have bothered to complain about the price if that was the case? But still, the dude proved himself a douchebag and I always thought he probably was lol

Last edited:

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hard to
Got it. And BTW: I was wrong to say that his shitting all over the ad over the price the seller has the freedom to list at was an indication of him possibly thinking of doing a chargeback, becuse why would he have bothered to complain about the price if that was the case? But still, the dude proved himself a douchebag and I always thought he probably was lol
Hard to say what his logic was.. he said a lot of shit that didn't make sense... Maybe a ploy to make him look legit, and a guilty conscience thinking he'll get called out otherwise.

There's just no explaining a d-bag scammer!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I personally still consider that shting on a 4sale thread.
Anything that can be detriment to a transaction would be.
It's not like no one will see anything said in the thread.

In that type situation, even if it's same as retail or even more, if someone wants to buy it and it turns into a successful transaction, then so be it.
Always buyer beware. Or maybe they have a reason no one knows about for paying the price.

I sometimes see things said in a hardware thread that I wouldn't say or do.
Another example is a WTB where someone posts a link to retail in stock somewhere. And a member that wants to sell, hasn't seen the post yet or responded to that add yet, could miss a sale. It's like possibly trampling on a member.

Last edited:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
And apparently the jerk is still lurking in the shadows for someone to rip off. Keep your eyes out there. Spread the word. Never deal with McCarthy.

VU Sponsors