Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How is is our dear friend @Bliss Doubt doin today?

Thank you Jimi, doing great, all cleaned up from my shower, in my freshly laundered second hand Ralph Lauren pajamas, getting ready to order either some firecracker hot Chinese or firecracker hot Indian to blast what's left of this ick out of my head, though I'm not feeling sick or weak anymore at all.

And looking forward to playing the game in a little while.

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They are called "Rachel and the Mojo Blues Band." I've looked, can't find any info on them. The only Mojo Blues Band that shows up in my searches is from Austria. But I need to get out and do something, so I'm going to go check them out.

I'll be interested to know how it was. If it's that "Mojo Blues Band" you can look up, they have some great influences and artists they've played with. But like you, I find nothing on a specific group Rachel and the Mojo Blues Band.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll be interested to know how it was. If it's that "Mojo Blues Band" you can look up, they have some great influences and artists they've played with. But like you, I find nothing on a specific group Rachel and the Mojo Blues Band.
Brand new, debut performance. And the guy who does a local blues radio show is here and joined them for a song. He used to be part of a blues band in the area awhile back. They are pretty good, and Rachel has tons of energy.

If I can figure out a good way to do so, I will post a video later. They should be starting the next set soon.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Last MG class today and I finished my final this afternoon! I sent it to one of the leaders and it got bounced because it was too big of an attachment. So I shared it through Google Drive and that should work. Next Saturday is graduation and I get my badge providing I passed the test. I think I did, but...

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
River melody
-Ruben Gonzalez

Born May 26, 1919 in Santa Clara, Cuba
Died December 8, 2003 in Havana

A truly beautiful original. He never expatriated like many of the successful Cuban composers and musicians. It went around that when he was very elderly, he sometimes played in Havana clubs, just to have a good piano. His own piano was destroyed by wood worm. When he played the tourists were oblivious, but the wait staff would stop serving and ignore the customers, to give their full attention to his brilliant talent.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It took me a while to remember the artist name. This song was used in one of the Luis Bunuel movies to represent sicko love, obsessed love, what you feel for someone you would die for, you would kill for, go to prison for, without reason or restraint, and never look back.

Encadenados (chained together)
-Lucho Gatica

Maybe it would be better if you didn't come back
Maybe it would be better if you forgot me
Returning is starting to torment us
To love and to hate each other
without beginning or end

We have done so much harm
That love between us is martyrdom;
We never look for disappointment,
Nor oblivion nor delirium
We will always remain the same

Attachment like ours is a punishment
That is carried in the soul until death
My luck relies on your luck
And you need me so much more

That's why there will never be goodbye
No peace will console us
And the bolt of pain must find us
On our knees in life face to face
And nothing more

Last edited:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
572ca8d2406a832f90137bd2286ca434.gif

..:)......................................................................:).

VU Sponsors