Become a Patron!

Yummy Lemon Vape

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I like it better than v2. Takes less steeping time and not as floral. It does have some of the baddies in it so read up and decide for yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh lolol. It's meant as CAP Vanilla custard version 1.

Yeah....I'm the newbie lol! Hey on Ebay they have CAP FW FA and LA: buy 3 -10ml for $8.79 ...this is the cheapest that I've seen it. Is that a good deal?

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I've never bought my flavors from eBay. I buy exclusively from bull city vapor or mama js flavor Shop. The freshness of the flavors can't be beat. So vendors buy in large bulk and by the time we get it, the flavor could be a bit off. Happened to me early on in my diy mixing

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've never bought my flavors from eBay. I buy exclusively from bull city vapor or mama js flavor Shop. The freshness of the flavors can't be beat. So vendors buy in large bulk and by the time we get it, the flavor could be a bit off. Happened to me early on in my diy mixing

Good Info!! Thanks for the tip! On my way now to look at the web sites :) :) :)

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Good luck and if you have any question lets us know. There are some great veterans here who are always willing to help and guide.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it's PureVapes.com that sells FlavourArt in 3ml samples for $1.50.

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I just made my first order!!!
YAY!! all of this for $77.74 at Bull City Vapor...I think that was a good sized first order ;)

Your Order Contains:
  • 1 x Hot Cocoa-Cap
    (Size: 13ml Original Packaging)
  • 1 x Koolada 10% PG-TFA
    (Size: 10ml)
  • 1 x Toasted Almond-TFA
  • 1 x Brown Sugar Extra-TFA
  • 1 x Watermelon-TFA
  • 1 x Cinnamon-TFA
  • 1 x Malted Milk-TFA
  • 1 x Apple-TFA
  • 1 x Honey-TFA
  • 1 x Lemon-TFA
  • 1 x Orange Cream-TFA
  • 1 x Smooth-TFA
  • 1 x Wintergreen-TFA
  • 1 x VG (Vegetable Glycerin)
    (Size: 1000ml)
  • 1 x PG (Propylene Glycol)
    (Size: 480ml)
  • 1 x Ethyl Maltol (PG)
  • 1 x Pecan-TFA
  • 1 x Apple (Tart Granny Smith)-TFA
  • 1 x Dulce de Leche-TFA
  • 1 x Cinnamon Danish-TFA
  • 1 x Caramel (Original)-TFA
  • 1 x Dairy/Milk-TFA
  • 1 x Marshmallow-TFA
  • 1 x Coffee w/Cream-FW
  • 1 x French Vanilla Creme-TFA
  • 1 x Grenadine-Cap
    (Size: 13ml Original Packaging)
  • 1 x DX Bavarian Cream-TFA
  • 1 x Organic Strawberry-TFA
  • 1 x Rumchata-TFA
  • 1 x DX Hazelnut-TFA
  • 1 x DX Sweet Cream-TFA
  • 1 x Condensed Milk-FA
    (Size: 30ml)

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm super excited! LOL...I can't wait for it to get here! Dang its almost like Christmas for me he he he.

Donovan (ECX Flavor Lab)

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I got the FE lemon after reading in another thread that it was one of Baker's flavors and was super concentrated. Supposed to be one of the strongest lemon flavors out there. And it surely is, normally I wouldn't go 5% with other flavors in the mix, but it's definitely there with the "lemonheads" effect I was shooting for. I'd lower it for a lemon cream, but I wanted the sour lemon taste.

Very late on this response @Teresa P - but I can confirm that FE is not the same as Bakers ;)

MellowFellow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Have you (or anyone else) tried Nicotine River? I've made two orders from them, great prices and good selection. All TFA flavors, smallest bottle is 60ml for only $6. Just don't go crazy buying too much cause you will never use it all before it gets old...lol. But for staple flavors, great bulk prices on PG, VG & Nic. Check them out http://www.nicotineriver.com/collections/flavor-extracts

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have quite a bit of their nicotine, I really like it.

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I understand about the ratios of pg and vg and flavoring but I am very confused about the nicotine part. When I looked on the nicotine river site to order some, there were options on if I wanted pg or vg nicotine. Can some one help me understand about that? I am a 3 nic level. I def don't understand how to incorporate it in the ejuice I plan on making.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I understand about the ratios of pg and vg and flavoring but I am very confused about the nicotine part. When I looked on the nicotine river site to order some, there were options on if I wanted pg or vg nicotine. Can some one help me understand about that? I am a 3 nic level. I def don't understand how to incorporate it in the ejuice I plan on making.
Your best bet and what works for me is to buy 100 mg nicotine and have in in a vg base. Then use a good ejuice calculator like juice me up or e-liquid calculator and it will do all the math for you..... be safe my friend.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU! You need to get yourself a ejuice calculator. The one I use can be found here: http://www.ejuice.breaktru.com/ There are others out there as well. The calculator will tell you what you need to add in the way of nic juice, flavors, PG, and VG to meet your recipe, desired nic level, and size. It will give you measurements in volume (ml), weight (g), or drops. If you are a max VG user then you would want to get your nic in VG. Other wise I find PG nic solution is easier to work with in not getting hot spots.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nicotine always comes in a pg and/or vg "suspension", unless you're ordering pure nic and that isn't advised. Pg bases are easier to work with because they're thinner, but either will do. I mix mine at 50/50. Some places sell with a 50/50 option for your nic base, others it's either/or, so I just get both and mix it myself.

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you for your words of wisdom! Looking at eJuice Me Up right now :) Y'all Rock!!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Best calculator out there....;)

MellowFellow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

As others have stated, nicotine in its pure form is not to be handled by us vapers, it is too deadly for outside a lab use. So manufacturers mix 100% pure nicotine into a VG (vegetable glycerin) or PG (propylene glycol) unflavored base. VG is a thick, semi-sweet liquid used for vapors that like lots of cloud production whereas PG is a thinner liquid used for that "throat hit" that smokers and vapors like. Depending on which type of vape mod you are using and what type of juice you like to vape, you mix VG & PG in ratios to get the desired results. For example, if you are a dripper (use a rebuildable dripping atomizer) then you would probably want the most VG you can get, therefore you would want to maximize your VG ratio by ordering both a plain unflavored VG base and VG nicotine. This would maximize the VG ratio of your final product. Most of the flavor concentrates available are PG based, which means when you plug those numbers into a calculator it will lower the VG ratio by the % amount of the flavoring. Example: if you want to make a recipe that calls for a total of 10% flavorings then a VG base and VG nic would give you a 90%-10% VG-PG ratio in your final mix. For most this would be too thick, especially for tanks or cartomizers, you would need to thin out the final mix with distilled water or increase the PG ratio in order to get the liquid to draw properly in the vape mod.

Most people here vape at 50/50 PG/VG, which means that they add their PG based nicotine % and PG based flavorings % together and figure out how much more unflavored PG and/or VG base must be added. You state that you vape at 3mg which means that the nicotine is 3% of the final total. If you want a 50/50 VG/PG mix, then subtract your 3% PG based nicotine, the total % amount of PG based flavorings from 50% and this is the amount of additional unflavored PG you must add to the 50% VG to get to your desired 50/50 ratio. Example: if you want 3mg nic and the recipe calls for 10% flavorings, then that total is 13% PG base (assuming you have PG based nic) so subtract that from 50% to get 37%, this is the amount of additional PG you must add to the 50% VG unflavored base to get a final product at 50/50 VG/PG. It sounds confusing but a good ejuice calculator will help.

As others here have stated, most people purchase 100mg nicotine in either PG or VG base. This allows you to use very little of the nicotine solution in your final product to get that 3mg you want. Example: if you are making a 30ml size bottle of juice at 3mg, 10% flavoring, you would only need 0.9ml of that 100mg nicotine in that entire 30ml bottle. So you can see that ordering a higher mg nicotine will last you a long time, so don't order too much because you will have to worry about it spoiling before you can use it all. There are threads on this forum that tell you how to freeze extra nicotine, just look for them.

Hope this helps, and is not too confusing for you.

talonz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And it's all good! Such a pain, testing good juices all the time.....lol!
I passed a new vape store in Pigeon Forge today as I was going to the post office, and for a split second I got a little excited. Then I thought....why? There's nothing I need in there, overpriced hardware, pretentious, overpriced juice.... I can get better hardware prices online (many right here on the forum), and I know damn good and well my juices taste as good or better than what they sell. So I just kept on drivin'....
@Teresa P have you looked at the new Kanger Nebox? Omg. Nothing short of sexy!! 4 colors (I got red and baby blue) all in one subohm with a 10ml tank!! Loving it..

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought I wanted one, but watched a Vapor Trail review and decided it probably wasn't for me. I hope you post pics of yours though, would like to see....:)

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As others have stated, nicotine in its pure form is not to be handled by us vapers, it is too deadly for outside a lab use. So manufacturers mix 100% pure nicotine into a VG (vegetable glycerin) or PG (propylene glycol) unflavored base. VG is a thick, semi-sweet liquid used for vapors that like lots of cloud production whereas PG is a thinner liquid used for that "throat hit" that smokers and vapors like. Depending on which type of vape mod you are using and what type of juice you like to vape, you mix VG & PG in ratios to get the desired results. For example, if you are a dripper (use a rebuildable dripping atomizer) then you would probably want the most VG you can get, therefore you would want to maximize your VG ratio by ordering both a plain unflavored VG base and VG nicotine. This would maximize the VG ratio of your final product. Most of the flavor concentrates available are PG based, which means when you plug those numbers into a calculator it will lower the VG ratio by the % amount of the flavoring. Example: if you want to make a recipe that calls for a total of 10% flavorings then a VG base and VG nic would give you a 90%-10% VG-PG ratio in your final mix. For most this would be too thick, especially for tanks or cartomizers, you would need to thin out the final mix with distilled water or increase the PG ratio in order to get the liquid to draw properly in the vape mod.

Most people here vape at 50/50 PG/VG, which means that they add their PG based nicotine % and PG based flavorings % together and figure out how much more unflavored PG and/or VG base must be added. You state that you vape at 3mg which means that the nicotine is 3% of the final total. If you want a 50/50 VG/PG mix, then subtract your 3% PG based nicotine, the total % amount of PG based flavorings from 50% and this is the amount of additional unflavored PG you must add to the 50% VG to get to your desired 50/50 ratio. Example: if you want 3mg nic and the recipe calls for 10% flavorings, then that total is 13% PG base (assuming you have PG based nic) so subtract that from 50% to get 37%, this is the amount of additional PG you must add to the 50% VG unflavored base to get a final product at 50/50 VG/PG. It sounds confusing but a good ejuice calculator will help.

As others here have stated, most people purchase 100mg nicotine in either PG or VG base. This allows you to use very little of the nicotine solution in your final product to get that 3mg you want. Example: if you are making a 30ml size bottle of juice at 3mg, 10% flavoring, you would only need 0.9ml of that 100mg nicotine in that entire 30ml bottle. So you can see that ordering a higher mg nicotine will last you a long time, so don't order too much because you will have to worry about it spoiling before you can use it all. There are threads on this forum that tell you how to freeze extra nicotine, just look for them.

Hope this helps, and is not too confusing for you.

This is very helpful. You made it a little clearer for me. I do like about a 70/30 vg/pg mix so the calculator will be handy. I haven't ordered the nicotine yet. I have a small bottle I purchased at an ecig shop a couple of weeks ago. This is the first time I have read anything about it spoiling though. I will read up on the freezer method for sure. Thanks for bringing that to my attention and I will def have that in my mind when I order it ;) This site has been so helpful. I know I'm probably on the wrong thread to be asking all these questions. Everyone is so quick to respond. Much obliged!!!!
:D

MellowFellow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is very helpful. You made it a little clearer for me. I do like about a 70/30 vg/pg mix so the calculator will be handy. I haven't ordered the nicotine yet. I have a small bottle I purchased at an ecig shop a couple of weeks ago. This is the first time I have read anything about it spoiling though. I will read up on the freezer method for sure. Thanks for bringing that to my attention and I will def have that in my mind when I order it ;) This site has been so helpful. I know I'm probably on the wrong thread to be asking all these questions. Everyone is so quick to respond. Much obliged!!!!

Yeah, probably is the wrong thread, but hey, we were all newbies once too.

Since you like 70/30 VG/PG I would suggest getting a PG based nicotine. PG based nicotine is easier to store long term in the freezer and will allow you to get closer to your needed 30% PG final total. After adding your 3% nic and ??% flavorings you wouldn't have to add very much more unflavored PG base to get you to that 30%.

I really like ecigexpress calculator 4.0 http://www.ecigexpress.com/cookbook/ejuice-calculator-4/
It is for more advanced mixers, but it allows the user to get more involved in the PG to VG ratios than other calculators that I have seen. For example you can select PG or VG based nic, flavorings, etc and even the ratios of them. Like I said, its takes a while to get the hang of it, but once you do it is great. Just whip out a sample recipe you want to make and play around with the %s, you will get the hang of it.

On the left hand column, first item "Base Nicotine Level" is where you would put 100% PG 100mg. Second item "Target Nicotine Level" this is where you would put your 70/30 VG/PG final results % and the target mg of 3. The reset is self explanatory.

Good luck and happy vaping!

Last edited:

MellowFellow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Took the liberty of plugging in Teresa P's Yummy Lemon Vape Recipe into the ecigexpress 4.0 calculator so that you can see an example
Yummy%20Lemon%20Vape%20Recipe.jpg

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never seen their calculator, very nice!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does it have a weight setting?

MellowFellow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Opps, just realized that I got the 70/30 VG/PG ratio backwards on the example picture...lol

You get the idea

MellowFellow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Does it have a weight setting?

I like the idea of mixing directly in the bottle using weights, but never liked the idea of converting a fluid recipe into weights. I know it allows for more precise measuring and recipe repetition, but in my opinion we are measuring a fluid so why go through the hassle of conversion, just buy a 10ml and 50ml graduated cylinder, some pipettes and a mini stainless steel funnel that fits your bottles. So much less math for the mathematically challenged than the weight method....lol

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've tried both eJuice Me Up and a calculator called Juice Calculator (By: Rod Brown). eJuice Me Up is good, but Juice Calculator is much better IMHO. eJMU is probably easier for a beginner. I would suggest trying both to see what works best for you. JC does weight, drops, ml, inventory, cost, drop down menus for choosing flavors, some nice tools, etc.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the idea of mixing directly in the bottle using weights, but never liked the idea of converting a fluid recipe into weights. I know it allows for more precise measuring and recipe repetition, but in my opinion we are measuring a fluid so why go through the hassle of conversion, just buy a 10ml and 50ml graduated cylinder, some pipettes and a mini stainless steel funnel that fits your bottles. So much less math for the mathematically challenged than the weight method....lol
I don't math....lol! I just plug it all in the calculator and whip out the trusty scale...

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, probably is the wrong thread, but hey, we were all newbies once too.

Since you like 70/30 VG/PG I would suggest getting a PG based nicotine. PG based nicotine is easier to store long term in the freezer and will allow you to get closer to your needed 30% PG final total. After adding your 3% nic and ??% flavorings you wouldn't have to add very much more unflavored PG base to get you to that 30%.

I really like ecigexpress calculator 4.0 http://www.ecigexpress.com/cookbook/ejuice-calculator-4/
It is for more advanced mixers, but it allows the user to get more involved in the PG to VG ratios than other calculators that I have seen. For example you can select PG or VG based nic, flavorings, etc and even the ratios of them. Like I said, its takes a while to get the hang of it, but once you do it is great. Just whip out a sample recipe you want to make and play around with the %s, you will get the hang of it.

On the left hand column, first item "Base Nicotine Level" is where you would put 100% PG 100mg. Second item "Target Nicotine Level" this is where you would put your 70/30 VG/PG final results % and the target mg of 3. The reset is self explanatory.

Good luck and happy vaping!
I tried to download the other calculator in previous message but I don't have Windows, I'm on a Chromebook :( This one I am able to pull up, which it looks so very simple for me to use!! Vape mail expected tomorrow! I am too excited! You are extremely helpful

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You're probably already aware, but when working with your nicotine base, be really careful especially if it's 100mg nic. Keep it off of your skin and if you do get it on your skin, wash it off immediately with soap and warm water. Careful not to get it into your eyes also. Wear gloves and eye protection. You can never be too safe messing with 100mg nic base. Using VG and/or PG, I dilute my 100mg nic down to 36mg and store it in a bottle with a twist cap. It's safer and easier to add to my mixes.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I keep meaning to mix this up with some TFA sour to see if I can get a Warhead vape....lol!

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have quite a bit of their nicotine, I really like it.
I was just looking at the prices and they are around the same as vaper's tek, if I'm not mistaken. Any idea how NicSelect compares? (I've only ever used MFS nic).

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can tell no difference in taste between VT and NicSelect. If I didn't look at the bottle, I wouldn't know. I have a liter of MFS in the freezer, got it on sale, but haven't used it. I keep hearing stories of how harsh it is and I really hope not, because I am rather spoiled by VT and NicSelect being so smooth and tasteless.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can tell no difference in taste between VT and NicSelect. If I didn't look at the bottle, I wouldn't know. I have a liter of MFS in the freezer, got it on sale, but haven't used it. I keep hearing stories of how harsh it is and I really hope not, because I am rather spoiled by VT and NicSelect being so smooth and tasteless.

When I first started DIY, I used MFS. I had heard good things about VT and tried them. For me it was a drastic difference and I gave my MFS away. MFS not only smelled much stronger, it was harsh and peppery. My mixes tasted so much better after I quit using MFS.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I regularly go back through my old stuff I mixed before switching to VT nic from MFS nic. A suprising number of them are still good. I don't think I will buy anymore MFS nic, but the stuff works well in a lot of recipes.

VU Sponsors