VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.ocala.com/article/20160215/ARTICLES/160219825

"Take D.A.R.E., for example. Long encouraging students to “just say no,” the program was revamped in recent years to better address its participants' day-to-day lives. Sgt. Robie Bonner, who oversees D.A.R.E. locally through the Ocala Police Department, said the new “keepin' it REAL” slogan covers more than just drug use: Ocala fifth-graders now learn about bullying, cyber crimes and the emerging world of e-cigarettes."

The D.A.R.E. program failed me and many of the people I grew up with in the late 80's.
Now the cop is going to tell kids that vaping causes instant seizures, stroke, low sex drive, and death and as soon as the kids notice none of that happens to their friends who vape they will think
"That cop was obviously bullshitting us about vaping, he was probably lying about hard drugs too."

This is the failure of the D.A.R.E. program
Cops lying to kids about half of the stuff but telling the truth about the other half leads to kids getting into thigs they shouldn't.

They should just be honest and say "Look, you really need to wait until your of legal age to try this stuff because it can harm the adolescent brain"

I have quite a few friends that are gone now that may still be here if that asshole D.A.R.E. cop wouldn't have told us a bunch of half truths in 7th grade

Some parts of the story are OK but as soon as someone mentions the D.A.R.E. program it's an instant BAD for me.

I have the dead friends and the addicts in my old neighborhood to prove it. - 5150

VU Sponsors