Become a Patron!

Your favorite Tobacco recipe/flavorings? Where to start?

QuestForVapology

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I want to use my DIY powers for good and make some great tobacco ejuice for my friends to get them off cigs. I'm at a disadvantage because I'm personally not a fan of tobacco/cigarettes, so it's hard for me to gauge the correct taste.

I want to create Marlboro Lights, maybe Parliaments (its popular here in nyc with the basic girls), and eventually just make some really nice creamy tobacco flavors so their never touch a cigarette again.

What's your favorite recipes?

Which brand (FA, CAP, TPA, LA) has the most authentic Tobacco flavors?

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
(its popular here in nyc with the basic girls),

"basic girls"? Is that what you young folks call them nowadays? :D

=========

For me it's....Tobacco from Nude Nicotine

http://www.nudenicotine.com/product/tobacco-2/

I suggest starting at the high side of their suggested range and the base of your choice. I mixed it at 4% stand alone but want more flavor. Then again, when I did analogs, I lung hit cigars.

I would also suggest using quality nicotine. Ones like NN or VT (But NOT VT TH) come to mind.

Several times I've asked analog users about switching over to e juice. Often I was told that they tried it, but it just did not satisfy and/or work out for them. Further inquiry revealed that what they tried were devices (and juices) obtained at a gas station convenience store. I guess I'm trying to make a suggestion here...;)

Just my 2 cents..

Ron
---
"There is nothing impossible to him who will try."- Alexander the Great

Last edited:

chief63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hangsen or Inawera for tobaccos. Easy too. I can always count on most Hangsens at 7% (plus or minus 1): Highway, Desert Ship, No 5, Tab or USA will appeal to most former cigarette smokers. Add 0.5% to 1% of EM or marshmallow. A little Acetyl Pyrazine (AP) can nutty things up.

Example:
7% Hangsen No. 5 or Highway
0.5% to 1% EM or MM
0.5 to 1% AP (optional)

ZaTHRaS

Member For 4 Years

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There are some pretty terrific tobacco flavorings available and none of those taste like cigarettes. Most smokers, considering the scary thought os (a) switching to vaping, a total unknown to them, (b) the agony of quitting cigarettes and (c) to make the transition, it damn well better taste exactly like my brand pf smokes. All these notions are misconceptions.

Vaping is fun, you can do both for a while (most do) but cigs end up tasting terrible in comparison while vapor is yummy. I believe you'll find the majority of us made the switch using tasty favorites (fruit, candy, baked goods) rather than yucky Marbs or Salems or Camel's Dung. Boost the nic (!2 or 18, heavy smokers can even start a 24mg [don't freak, it's temporary] during the transition). Back in ancient times, I started at 36mg. Did it work? Yep, in one week flat,. Am I vaping much lerwer levels now? Of course.

You're their guide to a better, healthier lifestyle. Make it fun, sensei. :D

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I want to use my DIY powers for good and make some great tobacco ejuice for my friends to get them off cigs. I'm at a disadvantage because I'm personally not a fan of tobacco/cigarettes, so it's hard for me to gauge the correct taste.

I want to create Marlboro Lights, maybe Parliaments (its popular here in nyc with the basic girls), and eventually just make some really nice creamy tobacco flavors so their never touch a cigarette again.

What's your favorite recipes?

When I still craved the taste of cigarettes, I thought Tobacco Express' Virginia was top-notch. Their Golden Virginia, not so much; too "vegetative" (hay? cabbage? celery? something really icky). But their Virginia was smooth, mild, and very reminiscent of Virginia Slims.

Andria

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are some pretty terrific tobacco flavorings available and none of those taste like cigarettes. Most smokers, considering the scary thought os (a) switching to vaping, a total unknown to them, (b) the agony of quitting cigarettes and (c) to make the transition, it damn well better taste exactly like my brand pf smokes. All these notions are misconceptions.

Yup. I didn't think I'd like fruit flavors and thought tobacco was what I needed. I didn't really enjoy vaping until I started vaping fruit.

chief63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Took me almost 2 years to move from tobaccos to other flavors. I still keep some Hangsen Highway, No. 5 and Desert in the rotation...goes with my morning coffee. None of the other tobaccos compare.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Took me almost 2 years to move from tobaccos to other flavors. I still keep some Hangsen Highway, No. 5 and Desert in the rotation...goes with my morning coffee. None of the other tobaccos compare.

Took me about 5-6 months. I can't really enjoy the flavor of tobacco anymore, except in the sweet mixes like the cherry-vanilla pipe tobacco, or another that I created called "smocha" smoky sweet coffee, cream, choc, vanilla). But I was one who thought it was terribly weird, when I first started, to "smoke food"... until I tried some blueberry muffin, and realized that I've always like blueberry muffins' flavor better than tobacco flavor! :D

Andria

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Interesting the differences in vapers' experiences. I'm just coming around to tobaccos after, well, awhile a while vaping although i rejected Absolute (Tabacum variety) 'cause it tasted so very much like a cigarette I found it quite disgusting. Hey, @ QuestForVapology, PM me your mailing address & I'll send it to you so you may add it to wizard's kit. If you want ciggie taste, this will give you even greater powers to do good. :)

I'm vaping Hangsen RY4 right now (pretty good but still breaking in an Ni200 coil) and just digging the ever-loving shit out of Niagara's SoHo-Meringue combination. Both are just barely tobacco flavors, though. :D

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Took me about the same amount of time to move away from Tobacco but still goes good with coffee in the morning. Escpecially since I did not sleep well last night!

How about some updates from the OP on his creations to get others to quit smoking and start vaping. I have a few friends who need more encouragement and a couple have the itch to quit!

guess_who_bump.jpg

Lodvig

Member For 4 Years
FA RY4 and TFA RY4 double are so far my only tobacco successes .. both mixed with nut flavors and some vanilla. I pretty much shake em and vape vape em, but can appreciate the flavors much more after a week or two in the box. Neither really gives me any robust tobacco effect but both are tasty in their own right. My Inawera black cherry tobacco has improved after a ~4 week steep but its still mildly toxic, probably gonna have to cut it...again. I picked up a FA Desert Ship for something more pure...any advice out there on steep time and blending might save me a headache. TIA

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I first tasted the clove in the Tobacco DIY flavoring it was definitely different and after vaping it for a while now it appeals to me with its character.

Who knows what is next experiment on my mixing station? Could be one of your successes or even someones failure! :ejuice::cloud::ejuice::cloud::ejuice:

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hangsen's Arabic is great stuff. It's impressed everyone I've had try it, so those basic girls should be all over it.

BTW, what are basic girls. Girls that aren't equipped with keyless entry (har) and air conditioning?

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
When I dyi'd my favorites were Hangsens Red USA mix and Virginia. Out of all the tobaccos I've tried over the years those were the 2 I always ordered more of and at least 30 mls. Always nice to have a flue cured from time to time, but those two are my fave.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
thanks just ordered it...........

Did you receive it and mix up a batch yet? I looked at the website and saw it looked black as Tar? Has me wondering does it smell like cigarettes or does it smell odorless like most Tobacco e-Liquids (don't) smell?

jant

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did you receive it and mix up a batch yet? I looked at the website and saw it looked black as Tar? Has me wondering does it smell like cigarettes or does it smell odorless like most Tobacco e-Liquids (don't) smell?
yes I did get it and mixed it at 5% with fa ry4 also 5% really liked it ..........it is dark and does smell like tobacco........just made a second batch 60 mls and added 2% fa jamaican rum max vg 11mg nic .....nice when I want that analog

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I spent a very long time pursuing the best Tobacco I could find and then I got into DIY thinking I would be making the Ultimate Tobacco but only a couple of weeks later that is a thought I have put to the side. Now going to start on deserts and bakery.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I spent a very long time pursuing the best Tobacco I could find and then I got into DIY thinking I would be making the Ultimate Tobacco but only a couple of weeks later that is a thought I have put to the side. Now going to start on deserts and bakery.

Heh... I started getting interested in DIY because all the way back in 2014, I was afraid that soon I wouldn't be able to purchase the Virginia ejuice that I absolutely depended on. And I did ultimately create a really good Virginia vape that I liked... for about 2 more wks. But then I tasted some Blueberry Muffin ejuice... and suddenly tobacco-flavored vapes tasted pretty bad, and I started trying to make sweet fruity ejuice -- and that strawberry & cream of mine was my ADV for about 15 months. Been taking a break from it lately though, while my smeller was out of whack with that cold. After not vaping it for a while, I'm hoping that I might be able to go back to using a Kayfun for it, instead of one of my 2 Achilles.

Andria

Mister_Moonshine

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Damn, that sounds very good. Sounds like the Vanilla would lift the woody notes in the Cured Tobacco.
Sure does! I wasn't a fan of flavored tobacco when I smoked but that vanilla is just the top note the tobacco base needs. Tastes a bit flat without it. It's like a super smooth vanilla pipe tobacco, nothing odd or unusual about it.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My Tobacco has a hint of Clove and some fruit flavor. At first I said this is going to suck! Now I am pondering if I need to add more to my order??

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Besides the actual tobacco flavors, there are other flavors that go well with tobacco like: Vanilla, custard (esp. FA custard), cherry, red oak, honey, etc..

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Since after all these years Tobacco Blends are my EDV's so I am bumping this thread~! Although I have a few DIY Flavors that taste so much like a real Cigarette that is not what I am pursuing. I was a Marlboro Smoker but the Tobacco e-Liquids I enjoy are more towards the lighter Tobacco Flavor. Have a thread started if you care to go to it for suggestions.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/tobacco-flavorings.423652/

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Having spent far too much to try a dozen or 2 of "tobacco flavors", I too will chime in: you will do much, much better by trying to target a cigar or pipe-tobacco. Nothing I ever tried tasted of Camel or Cowboy, but yes: you can definitely emulate a good pipe tobacco or tolerable (I can't call it 'decent') cigar.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Having spent far too much to try a dozen or 2 of "tobacco flavors", I too will chime in: you will do much, much better by trying to target a cigar or pipe-tobacco. Nothing I ever tried tasted of Camel or Cowboy, but yes: you can definitely emulate a good pipe tobacco or tolerable (I can't call it 'decent') cigar.

I was able to find a good substitute for Virginia Slims, though everyone told me I wouldn't. It wasn't *exact*, but definitely in the same ballpark. That light Virginia tobacco flavor, just barely kissed with a bittersweet note similar to cider, and an even fainter nod to cinnamon. That was what got me off coffin nails.

Andria

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
If you want a good menthol Tobacco this one is awesome. Its my wife's daily driver.
upload_2018-7-6_22-3-46.png

The Sweet tobacco can also be subbed for Black Honey or RY4 and still be awesome.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nothing I ever tried tasted of Camel or Cowboy, but yes: you can definitely emulate a good pipe tobacco or tolerable (I can't call it 'decent') cigar.

I have a Sweet Pipe Tobacco but was a passing fancy.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you want a good menthol Tobacco this one is awesome. Its my wife's daily driver.

Menthol is a once in a Blue Moon flavor for me sort of like when I was a smoker. Thanks though~!

VU Sponsors