Become a Patron!

You get a shipment in from China, what's the first thing you do?

Bitgod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So you get a bunch of stuff from China, a clearomizer, a RDA, drip tips, whatever. So what's the first thing you do before using?

Wash thoroughly in warm water and soap (with no coils)? I've seen some people mention cleaning with alcohol, is that only needed if you feel there's oil/cleaner left on parts or something that is best done anyway?

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I clean anything topper related, I use to use vodka, but saw denture tablets worked well, and now use them, a lot cheaper than vodka, only downfall is, you don't want to drink it ;)

Even if don't smell oil or looks clean, I still clean them

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All topper parts get an overnight vodka bath - you'd be surprised the greyish tinge the alcohol picks up even on parts that looked clean out of the box. Mods usually just get a wipe-down as needed...

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Clean it, fix it, like adding insulators so they don't short out. Tighten post or pins so they don't fall out.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
any tanks especially stainless I soak in dawn as it is the best degreaser many times machine oil will remain in the parts that is atomizers
anything else ummm I just use it...

1truk

Member For 4 Years
Recently I purchased a Kayfun Mini which I washed out before using it. Granted I did not use Vodka or Dawn but a little dish soap and hot water, etc, etc. I built my coil and loaded it up and the Flavor was horrid. I mean it was so bad that It made me nautious. I dumped it, washed it again, rebuilt it filled it and again when I vaped it it tasted like someone took a shit in my mouth ... This was over a month ago and I still have not used the damned thing. I have no idea what the deal is but the flavor was so bad both times that I don't even want to look at the damned thing let alone wash, rebuild it again. The moral of this story is that most of the time we have no idea how this stuff is made or what is put on it during or after the manufacturing process and it is in our best interest to wash the shit out of it if you can.

bbybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I want a sandwich!

Bold Vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just like everyone else does..I thoroughly read and understand the instructions before use...

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
1. Open it
2. See if everything is there and actually intact
3. Take it out and glory in the shiny...then take some pics. =)
4. Take it ALL apart...down to the last screw...take more pics.
5. Soak a couple of hours in a small container of hot water with some Dawn and a dash of white vinegar. "Stirring" once in awhile.
6. Rinse with warm water and set on paper towel to air-dry completely.
7. Build it, take more pics, then vape the sucka.

That's what I do. :cool:

Obviously, small stuff that doesn't come apart like a DT or such doesn't need the full treatment, but ya get the idea.

VU Sponsors