Become a Patron!

YiHi SX Mini

jdemp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a SX mini 350 60 watts and was wondering if there was a upgrade for it. Somebody told me it could be upgraded to 185 watts. This true?

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
no..
early versions could do something like 7.5 volts out...
the upgrade allows for something like 9.5 volts out...
if you buy the extension tube, you can run 2 18650 batteries in series and attempt to get 120 watts out of your super sub-ohm coil build... the newer shipped versions already come with the latest upgrade installed..

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
even if it could i wouldnt want to run it that high bc i bet the device is wired to handle 120 watts, possibly even 60. running it past whatever its wired for will put stress on the device

Does anyone know how to upgrade the firmware on the chip? I've been trying and am having trouble. I just want to make sure I have the latest update as there is no way to see the current software update that I know of.
Thanks

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Does anyone know how to upgrade the firmware on the chip? I've been trying and am having trouble. I just want to make sure I have the latest update as there is no way to see the current software update that I know of.
Thanks

Do you have the sx mini or the sx mini m class? There is currently no firmware upgrade for the m class

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Direct from YIHI.....they will be releasing a firmware update and new software to flash the M-Class towards the end of May. New Firmware will raise wattage to 80W on single battery or 150W on dual. Option to be added to turn gravity sensor off. Calibrated to best operate on Ni200 @0.15 instead of 0.065. Which is what most pre-made coils are being manufactured at.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
20150514030541_96812.jpg

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's exactly what I said but I got my info via an email from Angelina at YIHI which contained a few other updates then the picture lists.
I found that on their fb page. They commented that the wattage won't increase with single battery configuration.
did they tell you that the wattage would increase in single 18650 mode?
anything about joules increasing?

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I found that on their fb page. They commented that the wattage won't increase with single battery configuration.
Yup, from the YihiSXmini Facebook page they state: SXmini single battery no change, same as before

That's exactly what I said but I got my info via an email from Angelina at YIHI which contained a few other updates then the picture lists.

Can you post the other updates Angelina stated to you please?

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yup, from the YihiSXmini Facebook page they state: SXmini single battery no change, same as before

Can you post the other updates Angelina stated to you please?

Bump, Would like to know more info on update please VapinBigMichigan

Direct from YIHI.....they will be releasing a firmware update and new software to flash the M-Class towards the end of May. New Firmware will raise wattage to 80W on single battery or 150W on dual. Option to be added to turn gravity sensor off. Calibrated to best operate on Ni200 @0.15 instead of 0.065. Which is what most pre-made coils are being manufactured at.

Did Angelia say 80 watts with single 18650?

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Bump, Would like to know more info on update please VapinBigMichigan

Did Angelia say 80 watts with single 18650?

I hadn't read that post previously. I'm thinking whoever Angelina is, is probably some flunky with no idea what's going on and just sending off emails. I sure hope so anyway. I don't want to have to double the size of my coil to reach .15Ω to be in the best calibration.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wait, Ni200 optimized to run ar 0.15? that would suck for those of us running rbas, its only like 8 wraps of 26g ni200 the 0.15 is gonna put us back to wrapping 11-13 wraps.

-bastards

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Wait, Ni200 optimized to run ar 0.15? that would suck for those of us running rbas, its only like 8 wraps of 26g ni200 the 0.15 is gonna put us back to wrapping 11-13 wraps.

-bastards

Hopefully it still runs well at the .06. I think the problem was if you run anything over .12 right now, you get that annoying buzzing sound sometimes.

How many wraps and what diameter are you running 26 gauge on for dual coil? I've had no luck with anything under 30 gauge for dual coil

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Running 11 wraps at 3mm and it has me at a 0.072ohms in a mako

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Dual coil? I'll have to try that.

Yeah dual coil .. Depending on coil placement and legs, I've gone upwards to 13, to get to a 0.07- that's what I shoot for normally with thr sxm but even at 0.05 its still a damn good vape. The one big constant I've noticed on here running dual coil drippers is having the airflow from under the coil. It seems to be even more important running ni200 than with kanthal
The other big learning curve I picked up on with the DNA was if you're running dual and the coils share a post the solid connection can be much harder to get with ni200.
And of course you know the spaced coils- thought I would mention it for thr lurkers just learning while im already writing a thesis. Hahaha

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Use a piece of the same guage kanthal to sandwich the ni200 in the post. This allows you to tighten it without cutting the leads.

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sold my rdna40 and I want a second sxmini m so bad and they are nowhere to be found

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
A good friend of mine was searching all over for one today

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ebay has some but for a extra price. There's also a preorder for 159

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ebay has some but for a extra price. There's also a preorder for 159

After my experience with eciggity, I'm only buying from an authorized retailer who has a phone number. Buying on eBay give you no recourse for warranty since yihi has you take it back where you bought it. Eciggity gave me my money back since they aren't going to have any in stock of 2-3 weeks, but it took forever to get to that point because they don't have a phone number.

I got the stealth black one from delawarevapor but I want a silver/black one too. All I can find is the grey one and the rose one

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
A good friend of mine was searching all over for one today

Delawarevapor has the grey ones and the rose ones. I got their last stealth black one.

Varitube has the grey ones

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah that's the one he wants. I got my black squared form VapinArt, wouldn't mind another. I have the black Siler from a local b&m

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah that's the one he wants. I got my black squared form VapinArt, wouldn't mind another. I have the black Siler from a local b&m

I want the silver/black one.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I want the silver/black one.

Keeping that one in the box for social occasions..you know business meetings, if I ever get a date with Kate Upton, that sort of thing, at least until I get the back squared done at OCD

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ohhh, yeah that's not something I would trust, at least not with a weak heart, hahaha
Me neither funny thing is that the s class clone is up for presale for 87 bucks from one seller. I want to get another sxm like your all black stealth one. It's sick

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Me neither funny thing is that the s class clone is up for presale for 87 bucks from one seller. I want to get another sxm like your all black stealth one. It's sick
it is, dude, with th e black tugboat or black glass tank it's insane. If/when it gets nicked up I'm going to get cerekoted to look exactly the same. I was going to wait and see what the used s classes start demanding and maybe get one as a beater. But they hit a home run with that finish

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I checked there, it said it was a preorder. I want the one that is silver with black trim,
Check yeti Friday and/or Monday

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
thought I would let everyone know, if you're looking for a rose colored sxmini m class, vaporshark has them in stock on the website and they are having a sale this weekend of 20% off everything, including the sxmini m class. Use code "memorial". Sale is 23rd-25th.

I picked up a black/silver one at my local store. Wanted the silver/black, but for $40 off, I'll settle for the other one

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thought I would let everyone know, if you're looking for a rose colored sxmini m class, vaporshark has them in stock on the website and they are having a sale this weekend of 20% off everything, including the sxmini m class. Use code "memorial". Sale is 23rd-25th.

I picked up a black/silver one at my local store. Wanted the silver/black, but for $40 off, I'll settle for the other one

Yup rose/silver for $159.20 shipped :) (Available now, because it's after midnight in Florida!)

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Your in florida right? can't you just go to the retail location and pick up one with the discount? the email they sent me says it's good for online and in store. I don't really care for the rose color but it's a good deal. I would hold out for the stealth black IMO.

wolfmannxx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
New to the forum, but have a problem that hopefully someone can help with. I have the sx m class and I love this thing. I just upgraded from the original sx, or "s class", and the battery cap on my m class feels like it is stripping out. The threads have always felt weird as everyone else has complained about. I never crank the cap down just snug it a little and recently the cap seems to be popping loose. I have emailed the company with no reply as of yet. Has anyone figured out a fix for this? I never has this issue with my other sx.

VU Sponsors