Become a Patron!

Yesterday I smoked a cigarette

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First cigarette in a year and a half. I had no desire to smoke, and I was kinda grossed out by the smell of the guy I bummed it from. But I wanted to see if I was still hooked, or if I'd enjoy it for a change of pace.

From the moment I lit it to the moment I put it off, it was nasty. Especially that atrocious metallic taste. Just awful. And gee, it produced very little smoke compared to a good vape :)

After that "glorious" moment of enjoyment, I had to wash my hands 10 times, throw my clothes in the washing machine and take a shower as soon as I got home, to get ride of the stench. I sure don't want another one. Yuck! How I ever enjoyed smoking, I'll never know.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That reaction is usually the case from what I see when folks try out a cig after vaping for a long while. Cheers for posting the experience for us to read.
this is why we vape eh? :):)
Now a bacon smelling lottery ticket? Not such a good idea:D

VapeMan12

Member For 4 Years
I ask myself that all the time, how and why does anyone smoke ciggs? they smell nasty and make you stink. I never smoked. i vape for the taste of the flavors with no nic.

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Funny how you see more people vaping than smoking. Was in front yard yesterday, and could smell a cigarette. Looked down road and lady was walking a dog, with a cigarette. She was 3 houses down, and didn't even come any closer to my house. Can't imagine what I used to smell like after a day if smoking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I tried a smoke myself after about 3 months.

Thought I was going to puke!

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tried one about a month in. I just wanted to see. It confirmed that I was done with cigs. I've also lost a little weight since I started vaping and quit smoking. I have more energy and don't feel the need to take a nap half way through the day. There have been more benefits as well. Good stuff.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Funny how you see more people vaping than smoking. Was in front yard yesterday, and could smell a cigarette. Looked down road and lady was walking a dog, with a cigarette. She was 3 houses down, and didn't even come any closer to my house. Can't imagine what I used to smell like after a day if smoking.

i was actually walking to my car today, lady just pulled up about 5-6 parking spaces over with her window cracked smoking a cig and i could smell it very strong. also driving behind people that are smoking you can smell it. so glad i dont smell like that shit anymore, if i dont tell people i vape they would never know

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
First cigarette in a year and a half. I had no desire to smoke, and I was kinda grossed out by the smell of the guy I bummed it from. But I wanted to see if I was still hooked, or if I'd enjoy it for a change of pace.

From the moment I lit it to the moment I put it off, it was nasty. Especially that atrocious metallic taste. Just awful. And gee, it produced very little smoke compared to a good vape :)

After that "glorious" moment of enjoyment, I had to wash my hands 10 times, throw my clothes in the washing machine and take a shower as soon as I got home, to get ride of the stench. I sure don't want another one. Yuck! How I ever enjoyed smoking, I'll never know.
I smoked part of one the other night just to remember how nasty they really are. What's funny is the people around me all smoking complained that my Vaping smelled sometimes I just give up I guess the bigger plume of vape is now worse that cigarettes it's just insane I run into more opposition to Vaping that u ever did to smoking sighs

VapeMan12

Member For 4 Years
i was actually walking to my car today, lady just pulled up about 5-6 parking spaces over with her window cracked smoking a cig and i could smell it very strong. also driving behind people that are smoking you can smell it. so glad i dont smell like that shit anymore, if i dont tell people i vape they would never know
Now you know what all of us non smokers always had to deal with, I cant stand the smell and makes me feel sick. OMG a co worker smokes cigars and had i guess a half smoked one up on the counter where we work and i was about to puke.. it stunk soooo bad... I always thought when someone smoked half a cigg n put it out that smell was so horrible i guess a cigar is even worse. i wish everyone would get into vaping the world would smell so nice.

VU Sponsors