Become a Patron!

xtar vp4plus dragon

I have one of this brand of charger and the slider broke on me. Not once, but twice. I need to know the size of replacement screws that are holding the body of charger together so I can once again fix the slider. Also has anybody on here know how to fix using zip ties? I saw where this was a way to fix , but after much research,failed to find any results. Thanks all tinker2

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have one of this brand of charger and the slider broke on me. Not once, but twice. I need to know the size of replacement screws that are holding the body of charger together so I can once again fix the slider. Also has anybody on here know how to fix using zip ties? I saw where this was a way to fix , but after much research,failed to find any results. Thanks all tinker2
The screws in mine are #1 Phillips head.
Try not to let the sliders snap back when removing your batteries.
That will help with you spring problem.
Don't know about a zip tie fix as I have never had a problem with mine.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't believe it broke on you. Go figure. I mean I do believe you but this thing is supposed to be the best there is. It was a waste for me not using probes or analyzing but looks cool. There is actually a Nitecore now(not kidding) that is very nice but does not analyze. I should have got that one. Now I wait for it to break. Not good news.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I can't believe it broke on you. Go figure. I mean I do believe you but this thing is supposed to be the best there is. It was a waste for me not using probes or analyzing but looks cool. There is actually a Nitecore now(not kidding) that is very nice but does not analyze. I should have got that one. Now I wait for it to break. Not good news.

Been using mine everyday for months been working fine, like pastorfuzz said dont whip out batteries and let the sliders snap back

Used to do that on my nitecore and it developed issues

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The thing is I don't even have much use for it and would prefer to see all channels at once. Do you think that high end Nitecore now is nice? I know it is nitecore but this is different than their usual stuff I think. It is like $69. I do not need analysis or probes just charging. Not even discharging. I will just give this to someone more of a hobbyist. Since with my illness I can't stop it snapping back and rather it not dead altogether. However I do not think $89 is a lot for a charger. It is more than just a charger. Plus quality speaks for itself. I am not sure if that is the case with the Nitecore? I mean their $20 stuff not so good IMO.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Every time I buy a new 4 bay charger is because one of the springs breaks.

It's happened 3 times since I've been using mods which I would guess since around December 2012.

I had it happen to a nitecore i4, a efest luc 4, and an xtar X4? (I'm unsure of that last model number)

I have a brand new efest luc 4 that I stole for dirt cheap last black Friday in case it happens again :)

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Have you got a link to the nitecore you mean GorGon? Havent seen it

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I like my dragon charger so all the time its going I’ll be using it .....however if I was going to buy a charger next personally I like the look of the Gyrfalcon All-44

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
See as I said I do not need analyzing or probes or discharge. Due to the available screen real estate they had to put only two channels on such a fancy charger. I like to see at least levels on 4 bays or however many it has. I just do not know about Nitecore. They are not known as a high end brand to say the least. However, now building a high end charger perhaps they did it right? I mean lacking half the features of the Dragon, $56 is not going to be cheap to a lot of people. Certainly a far cry from their $15 chargers. I do not know if that is okay or not. The display suits me nicely but concerned about reliability with them. I had a Nitecore light up real nice once. As did others so I just do not know if they put better components/workmanship in one for $56. I would hope so. Oh heck ill try it. If it explodes Amazon is known to take product safety failures very seriously. Big thing is 3 amps. Wanting to charge 8000MAH 26650(maybe not really that much) 3A is cool. I do not think Efest has anything new but they are pretty decent. Not Xtar or Pila but at least safe. Pila is like the opposite of Dragon lol. Hardly any features. I am going to order the Nitercore right now I like it.

Nevermind: not getting it thanks to friends at Candlepowerforums. First of all perhaps it displays 4 batteries at once but only charges one at a time! Or Two at a time with half the selected power. The display is completely inaccurate. It runs hot which causes component failure. Typical Nitecore junk, go figure. I guess I will keep the Dragon. It is not exactly to my liking but in a different league than Nite core. Plus I already Paid about 90 bucks for it so I can live with it. Oh well. I figured Nitecore could build something decent for once, think again.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors