Become a Patron!
Good day people, got my X Cube Ultra about 2 weeks now and really enjoyed it until yesterday when i heard this hissing noise from my room and when i checked it was the Ultra on my dresser firing away on it's own and had to do a battery pull to stop it. Now, when i reinstall the batteries it's okay but after the the first hit it just keeps firing, any ideas??? BTW reinstalled the firmware and tried different batteries, so i'm stumped. Any suggestions?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
was it dropped or did it get wet? are you sure the fire button wasn't pressed. they ultra has the long firing bar so if you lean that part against something it could fire. it's best to lock the device when you aren't using it (click the fire bard 5 times to lock)

thanks for the reply, no didn't get wet and it was not close to any stuff on the dresser. Also, it keeps doing it after a battery pull and first hit. and of course, somkstore.us are not responding to any of my attempts to contact them for a replacement. i emailed twice and even sent them a pm on this site, i'm really pissed now especially for buying a mod at that price. Even got suspicious so i checked the scratch and check and it came up as authentic.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks for the reply, no didn't get wet and it was not close to any stuff on the dresser. Also, it keeps doing it after a battery pull and first hit. and of course, somkstore.us are not responding to any of my attempts to contact them for a replacement. i emailed twice and even sent them a pm on this site, i'm really pissed now especially for buying a mod at that price. Even got suspicious so i checked the scratch and check and it came up as authentic.
Sorry to hear you are having issues-I have had a few mods autofire before, and my partners mod failed catastrophically, I recommend you locking the device as @SirRichardRear recommended.

Does it literally allow you to have just one hit, then autofire, or can you lock the device before this happens? I am not too sure why the mod is doing this as it is new, but with my autifiring issues a quick clean of the fire button internally has sorted it-with the Xcube I understand it is the whole side of the mod which is the fire button though.

I would really try to get onto the shop you got the mod from to get a refund, do they have a contact telephone number? If so, ring them, and get a replacement.

Yea i think i will try other methods of contacting them, however, for a week old mod it should not be acting this way if it had some miles on it i would have understood and it is very annoying to have to lock and unlock my mod everytime i go to take a hit especially if you are vaping frequently. You know the sad thing is that i was hoping it was a fake mod at least that would have been an excuse but.......sorry for the rant is just i was so excited to get this mod, i know things go wrong sometimes and that's okay and understadable, but is the fact that they are not responding to my emails is really what is driving me up a wall.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea i think i will try other methods of contacting them, however, for a week old mod it should not be acting this way if it had some miles on it i would have understood and it is very annoying to have to lock and unlock my mod everytime i go to take a hit especially if you are vaping frequently. You know the sad thing is that i was hoping it was a fake mod at least that would have been an excuse but.......sorry for the rant is just i was so excited to get this mod, i know things go wrong sometimes and that's okay and understadable, but is the fact that they are not responding to my emails is really what is driving me up a wall.
Definitely try every way possible to contact them, as you say it is only a week old mod, and you should not be experiencing issues like this with a new device.
Regarding fake mods, they are usually easy to spot and even ordering from places like China you generally get what you ordered, if it was a fake though it would give you more reason for a replacement or refund.

Make sure you get in contact however you can, and get either a replacement, or a refund depending what you want, and the laws in your area.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
If that's the case, then yeah it sounds like your mod is defective. Don't give up and keep contacting them until you get a response

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Did you but it directly from Smok? If not I would send it back to whoever I bought it from be it a local shop or online vendor.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a Hell's Gate Touch 200 do that too me once.
Returned it for a new replacement.
I'd speculate yours is just as defective as mine was.

VU Sponsors