Become a Patron!

WTF USPS!!!

twisted_transistor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Been having major issues with USPS lately, I live in Australia and currently am waiting on a few different deliveries from the states one of which is nowhere to be seen after having been posted on the 7th and one which according to the tracking has somehow ended up in Germany. Really just venting here as I'm extremely pissed. Do you guys have this much trouble with your own mail service I haven't really experienced issues like this before its absoloutely ridiculous

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
USPS=Useless Shipping Parcel Service...I've had stuff go all over the U.S. before getting to me, originating only a few states away. I have to admit that's rare, though. Have you tracked your package with this site?

http://www.17track.net/en/result/post.shtml

KatyLoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I ship 50-100 packages daily and dealing with USPS misdeeds is a routine part of my day. Right now I've got one addressed to California that they shipped straight to Guam. I've got 2 they say they delivered but the buyers didn't get them, and I've got 3 that are totally MIA. It's actually a tiny % of the total packages shipped but it's like a nightmare that never ends. At the end of the day the USPS takes no responsibility for any of it. A private business with this kind of track record would never survive, but I guess it would cost a lot more.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
USPS....................Sigh.

When they are good, they are very good.

When they are bad, they really suck.

For whatever reason, getting a USPS package out of Florida takes a minor miracle. Once the package passes the Florida border they move like lightening.

I have two different mail carriers on my route.

One of them, is just a real gem. I can always tell what day she delivers the mail by the fact that it arrives up to 2 hours earlier than usual. And if I have a package that is too big for the mailbox, she knocks on my front door.

The other one always delivers late. And if the package is too large to CRAM into the mailbox she just puts the notice in it so now it is my responsibility to go to the post office to pick it up. I have even had registered next day airmail packages that she has chosen not to try and deliver because it would involve her getting her fat ass out of the car and doing her job. And they would have been returned to the sender if I had not been tracking them.

And complaining does no good at all.

Sigh

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
it's kinda willy nilly with the USPS. i got a package on friday that was shipped from hawaii on tues.....4200 miles. but i have had packages take 10 days from 200 miles away. so what are ya gonna do?
dunno.gif

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Twice tracking has said it was delivered , one time it went to the wrong house and the carrier had to go get it , the second time it went on the wrong truck .
Never consistent , and you have to keep an eye on it ,right up until you get it in your mailbox or it will get lost . My guess the U.S.P.S. trained the postal workers in other countries .

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

For whatever reason, getting a USPS package out of Florida takes a minor miracle. Once the package passes the Florida border they move like lightening.

One of them, is just a real gem. I can always tell what day she delivers the mail by the fact that it arrives up to 2 hours earlier than usual. And if I have a package that is too big for the mailbox, she knocks on my front door.

The other one always delivers late. And if the package is too large to CRAM into the mailbox she just puts the notice in it so now it is my responsibility to go to the post office to pick it up. I have even had registered next day airmail packages that she has chosen not to try and deliver because it would involve her getting her fat ass out of the car and doing her job. And they would have been returned to the sender if I had not been tracking them.

Sigh
What I find comforting when this happens to me, is I'll go up to the main post office, where the mail comes in and starts to be distributed to the perspective branches so it can be delivered, and I start out trying to be nice, and ask them why can't I get a tracked package that was supposed to be delivered 3 days ago, then as their stupidity increases, my fury ramps up, until I ask the idiot behind the counter, would he like me to snatch his ass from behind that counter and beat the living shit out of him?? I give him a couple of minutes to absorb the possibility of it happening, then I leave before the pigs get there. It helps in alleviating the stress caused by these incompetent morons that cannot read simple directions or instructions. hehehehehe

hitman4274

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just had a driver break down in front of my house about a week ago, was pretty much stuck there for awhile.. good times.... other than that the drivers that get my route are pretty spot on..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

DB Cigs

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Sigh
Lol the second one sounds just like my usps carrier. ( maybe that is why it takes so long to get out of Florida).

justaguy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love usps....Never had a problem with them. Fedx on the other hand....good lord.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sent a package this week via USPS Priority 2-Day mail. The package arrived in 3 days, not 2. I contact customer service for a refund. I was told 2-Day is not guaranteed delivery, it's a standard of delivery time, meaning they try to make it in 2 days, but don't guarantee it. Really? That's news to me. Then why call it 2-Day, call it 2-maybe3-could be4-we'll delivery it when we feel like it Priority mail.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been having major issues with USPS lately, I live in Australia and currently am waiting on a few different deliveries from the states one of which is nowhere to be seen after having been posted on the 7th and one which according to the tracking has somehow ended up in Germany. Really just venting here as I'm extremely pissed. Do you guys have this much trouble with your own mail service I haven't really experienced issues like this before its absoloutely ridiculous

My guess is that someone misread "Australia" as "Austria", and sent it on it way to Germany. Hopefully, the German PO will send it to Australia...

VU Sponsors