Become a Patron!

Wrap damaged twice after charge.

Nomorebutts

Member For 1 Year
Last night I got home and the Sony vtc6 batteries I ordered finally arrived in the mail.

I ordered smoant cylons and freemax fireluke tanks for me and the wife to quit smoking. So new to vaping, even though I did use one quite a few years ago to quit for 6 months.

I charged 2 of the batteries on the xtar vc4 last night and was going test out one of the mods with the wife. After I pulled them off the charger when they were done charging I noticed a small nick in the batteries wrapping. At about the middle of one of the batteries a small pen tip sized mark and the metal of the batteries was clearly visible. I put the batteries on the shelf and didn't use them.

This morning I grabbed 2 new batteries and went to charge those up so I could test things out. After charging I pulled them out and the same thing in the same spot just on one of the batteries...

I'm guessing I wasn't that careful with the batteries when I pulled them out of the charger and the metal terminals on the charger could have scraped the batteries? Only thing I can think of and actually just thought of it while writing this.

Any suggestions or a way to modify the terminals on the charger so there not so sharp? Or is it just a matter of being extra gentle with the batteries after they're done charging.

Really sucks but I got new batteries wraps on the way.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Neither terminal should be sharp if it is then might be worth taking it back

Out of interest how do go about taking the batteries out?...do you let the negative terminal whip back or grab from the top of the cell and push the spring back slightly then remove slowly?

Nomorebutts

Member For 1 Year
Neither terminal should be sharp if it is then might be worth taking it back

Out of interest how do go about taking the batteries out?...do you let the negative terminal whip back or grab from the top of the cell and push the spring back slightly then remove slowly?

Yea I was prolly doing it the first way you mentioned and the batteries terminal whipped back and scraped the batteries slightly. I'll start doing it the second way, thanks for the reply.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Yea I was prolly doing it the first way you mentioned and the batteries terminal whipped back and scraped the batteries slightly. I'll start doing it the second way, thanks for the reply.

The VC4s springs are pretty vicious when you leave them to thier own devices, I reckon it could launch a battery half way across the room haha :cheers: it will prolong the chargers lifespan as well if you are careful to remove

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep letting the negative terminal slap up when removing the battery is kind of like dropping the charger in the floor.
A bit rough on it.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The VC4s springs are pretty viscious when you leave them to thier own devices

I lost hold of a battery taking it out of my Nitecore once and it bounced into the leg of the 42U Network Rack almost shorting out, if not for the wrap stopping the negative from contacting the metal. They sure can get launched far~!

VU Sponsors