Become a Patron!

would that vg work ?

zOzBaSHa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i am from Egypt , we are little short in supplies for DIY specially that ecig is banned in here which leads that everything related to ecig is smuggled across the borders and prices are sky high
normal price of USP vg is about 72$ per liter which is high price compared to avarage salary in here 262$ a month is considered good salary lol

that being said i have found a company that import glycerol ar grade 99.5%+ of purity that cost way less than the usp arround 19.5$ per liter

i am no expert - i dunno if it would work as good or if it would be not suitable for our use
so can you guys help and provide me with your expert opinion
here is the link for the vg i found
http://www.lobachemie.com/Carbohydrates-00156/GLYCEROL-CASNO-56-81-5.aspx?search=glycerol+ar

your help is much appreciated

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It appears to be 99.5% anhydrous and water soluble USP - it should be fine. :)

zOzBaSHa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thanks Teresa
i was suspicious because in the msds they said industrial use only

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Except for that, it reads the same as the labels on my bottles. Head in Clouds has a thread here that addresses propanetriol, read that before you decide.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
According to the safety data sheet, it doesn't look good at all and I'm not sure I understand that.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I'd message him before I went any further. And I'd do some googling in the meantime. Doesn't make sense to me, but always better safe than sorry. ;)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

Looking at the testing they do, they test for diethylene glycol (item #14 on their MSDS sheets, which are here: http://www.lobachemie.com/laboratory-chemicals/coa-product.aspx?prod_id=436&prod=436 ) They are measuring just to "<1%" I believe this is the reason it's labeled for industrial use only.

Diethylene glycol (DEG) is a possible contaminant in glycerol; it's colorless, odorless, and toxic.
Here is an overview of it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diethylene_glycol . Please read the "toxicology" and "epidemiology" sections there!

I would not chance that the "<1%" DEG certification is sufficient for something I plan to inhale, especially because it cannot be detected by aroma/taste, and it can cause renal failure or worse. But you will have to read that epidemiology section and see what has happened with various doses of DEG to decide if it is a risk you find reasonable. I know your supply situation there makes it tempting, but please be careful!

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry to go off topic but I'm curious to know if cigarettes are also illegal in Egypt? I suspect I already know the answer ( Nope, perfectly legal ) but had to ask. :)

zOzBaSHa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry to go off topic but I'm curious to know if cigarettes are also illegal in Egypt? I suspect I already know the answer ( Nope, perfectly legal ) but had to ask. :)
It's the second income source so yeah perfectly legal

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
thanks Teresa
i was suspicious because in the msds they said industrial use only
You might want to locate a veterinary or farm supply store. Almost all of them stock Vegetable Glycerin USP or the equivalent.

You also may want to find a local Shisha manufacturer, they use glycerine in the making of Shisha tobacco, perhaps you can purchase a few liters from them.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's the second income source so yeah perfectly legal

It makes me wonder how the folks who pass those kinds of laws sleep at night ... clearly they have no concern for our health or freedom of choice. I hope that somehow someway your options improve in the future.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmm, nice link HIC but personally I would be a little wary of the use of lye here ... since they are expecting this to be used externally, I'm not sure they considered the consequences of other potential uses.

zOzBaSHa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You might want to locate a veterinary or farm supply store. Almost all of them stock Vegetable Glycerin USP or the equivalent.

You also may want to find a local Shisha manufacturer, they use glycerine in the making of Shisha tobacco, perhaps you can purchase a few liters from them.
Thanks for your help but there is lots of glycerin I found here but none of them usp or in high purity
The highest purity I found was the ar linked above
And that is the only one with some data sheet

zOzBaSHa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It makes me wonder how the folks who pass those kinds of laws sleep at night ... clearly they have no concern for our health or freedom of choice. I hope that somehow someway your options improve in the future.
I hope it improve one day by moving to more decent country lol

zOzBaSHa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just happened to think - glycerin in the U.K. is not labeled "USP", as that is a U.S. term. I don't remember what their equivalent of USP is (time for one of our friends from across the pond to chime in), but your country's symbol of purity and safety may be different as well.

zOzBaSHa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just happened to think - glycerin in the U.K. is not labeled "USP", as that is a U.S. term. I don't remember what their equivalent of USP is (time for one of our friends from across the pond to chime in), but your country's symbol of purity and safety may be different as well.
U.K use B.P - British pharmacopeia
we are supposed to use b.p as well but i just dont trust local products
anyway here is the datasheet of the patch i got

it says
Total impurities (Chromatographic including Diethylene glycol) <1.0%

i know @HeadInClouds is right and i wish i can always go for usp/b.p
but its kinda hard due to price / availability of usp
i know some people use glycrol purified which is 98% of purity from the same company and they have no problems so far
this one : http://www.lobachemie.com/Carbohydrates-00155/GLYCEROL-CASNO-56-81-5.aspx

would that be better to use ?

also this one is available :http://www.klkoleo.com/brand/palmera®-glycerine - its called palmera from klk oleo
this one supposed to meet usp/bp standared but i can not find a data sheet for it

i am very confused right now and i really appreciate your help guys

Attachments

• 00156-a154791501.pdf
    98.5 KB · Views: 4

zOzBaSHa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I sent them an email asking about the data sheet
And I guess that would be my choice
Would have been my first but some of my friends reported getting gas and heartburn while using liquid made with it

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some flavors do me that way, especially pineapple. Never had it happen specifically due to vg though.

zOzBaSHa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sometimes I get heartburn when I vape strawberries all day long
But not gas

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I made a Cherry Lemon-aid I really liked, but it gave me heartburn too, so I lowered my nic in it and that helped.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just had a crazy thought. Maybe you could try emailing yaliq? He may be able to point you in a direction for an alternative considering he's a manufacturer outside of the US.

zOzBaSHa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I made a Cherry Lemon-aid I really liked, but it gave me heartburn too, so I lowered my nic in it and that helped.
Yeah I know some flavors have the heart burn effects
But it's not heartburn but also much gas

zOzBaSHa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just had a crazy thought. Maybe you could try emailing yaliq? He may be able to point you in a direction for an alternative considering he's a manufacturer outside of the US.
I am restricted to use what is already available in the market because I can't import any from abroad unless I have a legal related job that requires it

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I am restricted to use what is already available in the market because I can't import any from abroad unless I have a legal related job that requires it

Yeah I figured that, I was just thinking that maybe he could help you with finding an alternative that were readily available to you.
I know he's not in Egypt; but, Jerusalem is not that far away. He may know peoples or have a working knowledge on what's available to you.
Just sayin an email might could help a little.

zOzBaSHa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I figured that, I was just thinking that maybe he could help you with finding an alternative that were readily available to you.
I know he's not in Egypt; but, Jerusalem is not that far away. He may know peoples or have a working knowledge on what's available to you.
Just sayin an email might could help a little.
would not hurt to try
will email him in a few

zOzBaSHa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i just got a response from KLK oleo about their product palmera glycerin
would you be so kind and advice about this one as well
is it safe to use or should i save for flavourArt usp glycerin

Attachments

• G995U MSDS.pdf
    41.2 KB · Views: 7
  • G995U.pdf
    58.2 KB · Views: 5

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly - every time I read a website description and ASSUME it would be safe, I read one of these MSDS sheets and first thing I see is "After inhalation: Supply fresh air" and I get leery. I know for a fact that the FA glycerin is safe. I'm not a chemist and have no clue as to whether some of the specs on the other brands would or would not apply to vaping - could be perfectly safe for all I know. But for safety's sake, I'd have to go with the FA and rule out any doubt. But that's just me....

zOzBaSHa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Honestly - every time I read a website description and ASSUME it would be safe, I read one of these MSDS sheets and first thing I see is "After inhalation: Supply fresh air" and I get leery. I know for a fact that the FA glycerin is safe. I'm not a chemist and have no clue as to whether some of the specs on the other brands would or would not apply to vaping - could be perfectly safe for all I know. But for safety's sake, I'd have to go with the FA and rule out any doubt. But that's just me....
I am using fa vg atm but it's 100x the price of the palmera which is sold in pharmaceutical company as usp

So if it's safe would be my number one choice if not I will just go with fa

VU Sponsors