jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Disclaimer- I am no mesh expert and my mesh curiosity comes and goes, as I am quite content with NI80 coils and how everything plays out presently, however I have been using this for almost a week and very much enjoy the mesh. So many thanks to Vaporl for sending this to me to try out. It is very much appreciated.

There is not much that has not already been said about this little flavor RDA from other reviewers and I feel many of them are reasonably accurate. For the sake of brevity, I will highlight the things I feel are great about this and offer up an alternative wicking method with mesh that is kindergarten easy and works ridiculously well.

Good stuff:
- Excellent flavor reproduction. It just simply does a good job at reproducing flavors.
- Nice quality for a mass produced, low cost RDA
- Excellent fit and finish. I received the rainbow colored one and aside from machining marks on the inside of the build deck, this thing is very well finished.
- The coils provided are suitable, the tool kit is useful (specifically the mesh tool)
- Works as advertised.

The package-
cJ4WNWm.jpg

The contents-
XkXIFJw.jpg

- Profile RDA
- Extra Drip Tip
- Tool Kit (Bending Tool, Screw Driver, Allen Tool)
- 2- Kanthal A1 .19ohm mesh coils
- NI80 Framed Staple Clapton .33ohm coil

Not being super well rehearsed with mesh I decided to go that route and wick the damn thing with rayon (the coils from the big box at Sally's). Turns out that was a good idea (after several attempts and a burned out mesh coil).

Bending the provided coils into shape was simple using the provided bending tool.
1rjz4pT.jpg

Getting it on the deck was easy enough as well and it retained its shape.
LeTr4Qv.jpg

Here is where things get fun (if you like rayon). With the spring loaded deck you can literally use an entire piece of rayon coil. No fluffing, no thinning. Just use the whole thing. It comes up a tiny bit short after some use but, there is a remedy for that.

Put one full width piece of rayon coil on the deck, put the coil back on and tighten it down.
joxpbA1.jpg

Here is the wick cut to length
2kNcoCD.jpg

Then you just tuck it down onto the deck. The spring loaded ceramic support helps keep everything in place, although after a day of heavy use, the rayon will compact and vapor production will be impacted.
UQQ0fAp.jpg

The remedy for that is when wicking the Profile RDA, cut a section of cotton the width of the ceramic support (3-5mm wide same in diameter and leave it unfluffed) then put it on the bottom of the rayon coil, then put the wick on the support. I just peeled off a thin piece of Cotton Bacon Prime and cut it down to length. The cotton will expand and keep the rayon up on the mesh. I have not had any issues with vapor production and coil saturation after doing so.

This method works great and it is almost impossible to get this wrong. I know it goes against some norms in regards to wicking but it works very, very well and creates a very flavorful and enjoyable vape. I have rewicked it several times like this and the end result is the same each time and by using to full piece of coil with a bit of cotton support, it just works.

Just some quick notes to wrap up.

- This thing is OK as a wire coil RDA. Frankly it doesn’t bring anything new to the table by using it as one. The flavor is fine and it works OK but the design of this really is geared towards mesh use.
- It comes with a bottom feed pin installed. With the popularity of these I still forget to check that sometimes.
- The 65w max on the Kanthal mesh coils is an almost absolute upper limit. I wanted to see what it would do at 85-90w and it ended about like one would expect. Changing coils.

I started with it on this
uLfG5LS.jpg

Tried it on this, and burned out the mesh coil. This was firing realistically around 85w. It was an immediate burnout of the coil.
3e5ZxaT.jpg

Since Vaporl.com was kind enough to send me this Wotofo Profile RDA, buy it from them.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good job, dude! You really filled in some blanks the other guys left out. Two thumbs up!

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Good job, dude! You really filled in some blanks the other guys left out. Two thumbs up!

Thanks dude. Mesh is a strange creature for sure. I keep picking it up and vaping it because I like it but this is a very different kind of vape for me. I am going to get some more mesh and try it with two mesh coils on a mech and see what happens. II think this little RDA has some real potential, I also think a V2 could yield a much more versatile device with only some minor tweaks.

This is also one of the more well thought out and complete packages to get one up and running on a mesh RDA if they have a curiosity for it. I am not just saying that because someone sent it me. Writing the review was the obligation.

The tools provided make building mesh fool proof for folks not accustomed to it. That is a thoughtful touch (IMO).

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got two of them, one using their cotton and the other with Rayon. They're both giving great flavor but the rayon seems to be more flavorful. I've had the rayon in for 3 days now without any issues but your idea of using the cotton prime to shore up the rayon is great and I'll give it a try on the next rewick.

Did you see the vid mjag posted on trimming the wick? It appears in your pics that you didn't trim other than length whereas the vid shows a cut from the end up to the coil at about 45 degrees. I tried it without cutting it that way but it's just a massive amount of cotton to get tucked in there. Did you thin out the cotton on the tails?

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I've got two of them, one using their cotton and the other with Rayon. They're both giving great flavor but the rayon seems to be more flavorful. I've had the rayon in for 3 days now without any issues but your idea of using the cotton prime to shore up the rayon is great and I'll give it a try on the next rewick.

Did you see the vid mjag posted on trimming the wick? It appears in your pics that you didn't trim other than length whereas the vid shows a cut from the end up to the coil at about 45 degrees. I tried it without cutting it that way but it's just a massive amount of cotton to get tucked in there. Did you thin out the cotton on the tails?

I did no thinning or fluffing of the rayon at all because I knew it was going to shrink. The length I cut it at put it to about 1.5 mm on deck when tucked around. It is just mop tips on the deck after shrinkage. I also just used the cotton to keep the rayon compressed against the coil. I suspect some of that separation was due to the weight of the saturated wick, so the cotton is purely a filler material. I would reason one could use anything from cotton to silica to fill that gap.

I agree rayon is an excellent fit on this RDA. I would suspect Rayon is awesome for any mesh coil. It makes sense.

To answer your question, no. I have not seen the video. I knew by not thinning or fluffing that was out of the normal convention and thinking. With rayon more is more.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did no thinning or fluffing of the rayon at all because I knew it was going to shrink. The length I cut it at put it to about 1.5 mm on deck when tucked around. It is just mop tips on the deck after shrinkage. I also just used the cotton to keep the rayon compressed against the coil. I suspect some of that separation was due to the weight of the saturated wick, so the cotton is purely a filler material. I would reason one could use anything from cotton to silica to fill that gap.

I agree rayon is an excellent fit on this RDA. I would suspect Rayon is awesome for any mesh coil. It makes sense.

To answer your question, no. I have not seen the video. I knew by not thinning or fluffing that was out of the normal convention and thinking. With rayon more is more.

Thanks for the info. When I used the full amount it felt like it was choking off. I cut it at an angle and it works better. However, there isn't as much to hold the juice so I'm squonking it more often. I'm going to experiment and try to find a happy medium. One thing I've noticed is I've been vaping the same flavor for 3 days in one of them. That's just not normal for me but the flavor is just so bright I don't want to change it. It's one of my oldest ADVs but it's like it's a new one.

Did you see these? http://www.3fvape.com/misc/26206-authentic-wotofo-22mm-conversion-cap-for-profile-rda-ultem-pei.html

I just ordered a couple out of curiosity.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Thanks for the info. When I used the full amount it felt like it was choking off. I cut it at an angle and it works better. However, there isn't as much to hold the juice so I'm squonking it more often. I'm going to experiment and try to find a happy medium. One thing I've noticed is I've been vaping the same flavor for 3 days in one of them. That's just not normal for me but the flavor is just so bright I don't want to change it. It's one of my oldest ADVs but it's like it's a new one.

Did you see these? http://www.3fvape.com/misc/26206-authentic-wotofo-22mm-conversion-cap-for-profile-rda-ultem-pei.html

I just ordered a couple out of curiosity.

I have. I am thinking about ordering one to modify. I have an airflow idea for this that the Ultem cap would be easy enough to experiment on and test. I also plan to order some other mesh so I can toy around with some builds to make it mechanical friendly. When I hit that thin strip provided with some raw power, it was the biggest hot spot looking light up I have ever seen on a coil. I knew I was pushing it to begin with but I wasn't expecting a burn out with pulsing it.

I really do think this RDA is a winner, it makes me more mesh curious (which is kind of a bad thing). The flavor is solid.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have. I am thinking about ordering one to modify. I have an airflow idea for this that the Ultem cap would be easy enough to experiment on and test. I also plan to order some other mesh so I can toy around with some builds to make it mechanical friendly. When I hit that thin strip provided with some raw power, it was the biggest hot spot looking light up I have ever seen on a coil. I knew I was pushing it to begin with but I wasn't expecting a burn out with pulsing it.

I really do think this RDA is a winner, it makes me more mesh curious (which is kind of a bad thing). The flavor is solid.

Mjag said he likes the 200 mesh SS, he thinks it works better than the stock mesh. I ordered some the other day and I'll let you know what I think.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Mjag said he likes the 200 mesh SS, he thinks it works better than the stock mesh. I ordered some the other day and I'll let you know what I think.

Thanks Bob. I am going to scoop up a few different kinds I think this weekend and do some experimenting as well.

VU Sponsors