Become a Patron!

Womper Woom Wejects

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I still haven't gotten to go out there and meet the puppies yet, and she hasn't been here since we got Ozzy yet.
Puppies? Not sure I'd use that word to describe any of them. Though I guess I called Shadow (my Golden I used to have) "Pup" for 14 years, so you can call Atcha's dogs puppies if you want to.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I saved the one you posted, and will tell my son about it, but I doubt if he'd be interested in spending that much. But I need a good small flashlight that will light up to the back fence outside, maybe 10-15 feet. Frankie is white, so he's not so hard to see, but Ozzy is little and mostly black and very hard to see what he's up to when I take him out at night. It would be great if it were from Amazon, since I'm fixin to order a couple things from there for my son. Any suggestions? (hopin he'll spring for the one you posted, but I doubt it).

It's free shipping there - does that help? :)

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Still, gun beats stick in almost every situation.

74492de2-c33f-49bd-8a40-1f3fe51cc09b_560_420.jpg

Oh really?!?!?!?!?!?!

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
74492de2-c33f-49bd-8a40-1f3fe51cc09b_560_420.jpg

Oh really?!?!?!?!?!?!

Tranquilizer dart beats fur.

So, one package already out for delivery!:vapemail:

Tomorrow the tank for it is supposed to arrive. :stars:

Won't stop me from messing with it tonight. Besides, it sunny and going to 60 here. I really want to get outside and enjoy some of it. With vape mail and nice weather, this is shaping up to be the perfect Monday to fall deathly ill and play hooky.

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know that - Rixy's on vaca.

But there seems to be a problem here. Yesterday? <<< 3 >>> posts - that was it. What? They're roughing it with no interwebs?

Mornin' Deb! :blowkiss:
Mornin sweets! Jup I know he's livin it up at the villa. Hope they're havin a blast, but I miss him already. lol Hope your day is a good'un so far. Unless your like me and just haven't gone to bed yet. Don't remember if you're an early riser or a night owl

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm what I call a 2nd shift sleeper - have been since I was about 16. Lately though I've been doing more of the 3rd shift thing and will probably be up for a few more hours before crashing. Weird I is - I know. Right now I have to predetermined sleeping pattern.

If you want to have some fun go read the Monday posts in the refugee thread. It was nutz in there yesterday - but in a good way. Lot's of posts with accompanying theme music attached. lol

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't really have sleep patterns, my sleep is all over the place. But I've always been a night owl. It's weird to me when I am temporarily on a pattern of sleeping at night. Hated it when I worked day jobs. Always felt much better when I was working a 2nd or 3rd shift. Usually preferred 2nd. I may check it out, but it took me forever to catch up on other threads...... I'm kinda sick of reading a lot of posts in a thread right now lol

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
morning Deb, Rick and Kad! :coffee2:

I miss Rix and Ems too but I hope they're having a great time...rather I know they are, those crazy kids!

Im doing great Deb! Just getting the laundry on the go and the little one dressed and ready for swimming this morning! How are you this fine day?:)

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
and the little one dressed and ready for swimming this morning! How are you this fine day?
oh that sounds like fun! No work today? I'm kinda flat on the couch cuz I'm hurtin, but other than I'm fine. Missin my puppy dogs though. :( The kids took both of em over to her folks. The other "grandparents" hadn't even seen Ozzy yet, cept for pictures.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
oh that sounds like fun! No work today? I'm kinda flat on the couch cuz I'm hurtin, but other than I'm fine. Missin my puppy dogs though. :( The kids took both of em over to her folks. The other "grandparents" hadn't even seen Ozzy yet, cept for pictures.

Judging from your posts about him Ozzooming all over the place you may get him back sooner than you think. :giggle:

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Judging from your posts about him Ozzooming all over the place you may get him back sooner than you think. :giggle:
lmao! they said they'd be back today. They are notorious for saying that, then being gone several days. But I'll likely at least get Ozzy back when he poops in Mee Mee's living room a couple times. He's probably already done it at least once. With the kids at work and school, she'll likely get worn out tryin to keep up with him, so Jup, I do believe you're correct!

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

I have quite an interesting/half complicated schedule because it maximizes both mine and my ex's time with our daughter. To put it simply I go 7 on 2 off followed by 3 on and 2 off. This gives me every second Monday and Tuesday off and every second Saturday and Sunday off. I work all evenings (1-9) so I have my daughter every day until noon regardless. The way my days off work allows for both my ex and I to each have a weekend with her and then Ive got her for my Monday and Tuesday off.

All that said, I take her swimming every Tuesday whether its my day off or not. Its kind of our thing, we've been going at least once a week since she was 9 months old.

But I'll likely at least get Ozzy back when he poops in Mee Mee's living room a couple times.

The Ozzman poopeth!:giggle:

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have quite an interesting/half complicated schedule because it maximizes both mine and my ex's time with our daughter. To put it simply I go 7 on 2 off followed by 3 on and 2 off. This gives me every second Monday and Tuesday off and every second Saturday and Sunday off. I work all evenings (1-9) so I have my daughter every day until noon regardless. The way my days off work allows for both my ex and I to each have a weekend with her and then Ive got her for my Monday and Tuesday off.

All that said, I take her swimming every Tuesday whether its my day off or not. Its kind of our thing, we've been going at least once a week since she was 9 months old.

The Ozzman poopeth!:giggle:
That is so kewl! What a great schedule, and so kewl y'all go swimming every week!

Jup, he certainly does!!! Found baby gates at amazon for 10.00 two of em would keep him outta the dining room, but my son wouldn't go for it. :crazy: We'd discussed it before and he was considering it, but said he don't wanna be havin to step over em all the time. Well, I'll be the one doin it, y'all aint here much! :giggle: But I can imagine him runnin late for school, still half asleep, and taking a header over one the first day it was up. That wouldn't be good

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh, and my granddaughter just turned 8. she has a hamster and has to clean her cage, and it gets mega nasty! I don't remember my hamsters stinkin as bad as Chloe. That girl can put out some stank! But today when I got up, Ozzy had pooped in his crate. No help for that. I hadn't cleaned it up yet as I was waiting for the narco to kick in. So they came in, to get the dogs and take em to the other grandparent's house. I told him it needed cleaning. My granddaughter said ewww he pooped in his crate and it really needs cleaned. I said, well you better get on it then. I dunno if my son heard me or not, but he handed her a couple napkins, and said........sounds like you just volunteered, it's your dog too. She wasn't happy about it, but she did it. I told her that was nothing compared to cleaning out Miss Stanky Chloe's cage. But she still made a production of it. lol

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
That is so kewl! What a great schedule, and so kewl y'all go swimming every week!

Jup, he certainly does!!! Found baby gates at amazon for 10.00 two of em would keep him outta the dining room, but my son wouldn't go for it. :crazy: We'd discussed it before and he was considering it, but said he don't wanna be havin to step over em all the time. Well, I'll be the one doin it, y'all aint here much! :giggle: But I can imagine him runnin late for school, still half asleep, and taking a header over one the first day it was up. That wouldn't be good

It really is a great schedule and our daughter has benefited from it big time! Shes already swimming up to about 8 ft distances on her own with no life jacket or "floaties". Its quite impressive to see.

I totally did that when we had the baby gates up...I cant tell you how many times I misjudged the height and tripped over the top of it!!!! :giggle:

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
oh, and my granddaughter just turned 8. she has a hamster and has to clean her cage, and it gets mega nasty! I don't remember my hamsters stinkin as bad as Chloe. That girl can put out some stank! But today when I got up, Ozzy had pooped in his crate. No help for that. I hadn't cleaned it up yet as I was waiting for the narco to kick in. So they came in, to get the dogs and take em to the other grandparent's house. I told him it needed cleaning. My granddaughter said ewww he pooped in his crate and it really needs cleaned. I said, well you better get on it then. I dunno if my son heard me or not, but he handed her a couple napkins, and said........sounds like you just volunteered, it's your dog too. She wasn't happy about it, but she did it. I told her that was nothing compared to cleaning out Miss Stanky Chloe's cage. But she still made a production of it. lol

Hmmm an 8 yr old girl being dramatic in dealing with "something gross"....I dont buy it o_O:giggle:

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
that's so great that she can swim so well and is comfortable in the water. I love to swim, but don't get to around here. There are a couple places, but the kids don't really have time to take me down there, and swimmin by yourself is no fun, or around a lot of strangers. Don't really like public pools all that much. I had a blast in the ocean and gulf last April though!! Any time we got near water is was all they could do to keep me from jumpin in. My friend took me to smyrna beach or somethin like that. We ate then were walkin in the surf. She wasn't gonna go in, said it was too cold. I couldn't stand just havin my feet in it. I asked her to hold my stuff and off I went headin in. She said I was like a woman on a mission! I loved it, rollin around in the waves, I felt like a Sea Lion. She didn't tell me til it was too late to do it that there was a place you could actually swim with manatees! We were driving past it. She has no idea how close I came to grabbin the wheel from her to take the exit. My dream is to be swimming in Lahaina Bay sometime, and have humpbacks approach! You can't approach them, but if they approach you when you're already in the water, that's fine. Swim with humpbacks, oh man that would so amazing!!! But I'd probably drown cuz I'd get so excited, I'd forget you can't breathe underwater. lol

Hmmm an 8 yr old girl being dramatic in dealing with "something gross"....I dont buy it
unimaginable aint it! :teehee:

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
that's so great that she can swim so well and is comfortable in the water. I love to swim, but don't get to around here. There are a couple places, but the kids don't really have time to take me down there, and swimmin by yourself is no fun, or around a lot of strangers. Don't really like public pools all that much. I had a blast in the ocean and gulf last April though!! Any time we got near water is was all they could do to keep me from jumpin in. My friend took me to smyrna beach or somethin like that. We ate then were walkin in the surf. She wasn't gonna go in, said it was too cold. I couldn't stand just havin my feet in it. I asked her to hold my stuff and off I went headin in. She said I was like a woman on a mission! I loved it, rollin around in the waves, I felt like a Sea Lion. She didn't tell me til it was too late to do it that there was a place you could actually swim with manatees! We were driving past it. She has no idea how close I came to grabbin the wheel from her to take the exit. My dream is to be swimming in Lahaina Bay sometime, and have humpbacks approach! You can't approach them, but if they approach you when you're already in the water, that's fine. Swim with humpbacks, oh man that would so amazing!!! But I'd probably drown cuz I'd get so excited, I'd forget you can't breathe underwater. lol

unimaginable aint it! :teehee:

Too cold?! Tell her to come up here and try our beaches :giggle:

Ive never had the chance to swim with large marine life but we do get to go whale watching every now and then. Lots of Humpbacks around here and even more in the province next door. I also live about a 45 minute drive from the spot where (arguably) the best oysters in the world are found. I cant wait for beach season!!!! I go almost every day!

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I cant wait for beach season!!!! I go almost every day!
sooooooooooo jelly!!! Right now I'm watching a vid about devils churn on the oregon coast. Sooooooo beautiful. I love the ocean so much. I did live in Galveston for quite awhile, but the beaches there are nasty. But at least I was near water, and could get in it. But I need to live somewhere with warm water. I can't stand being near waves and not be able to get in em! even though what I'm watchin on the vid would beat me to death, if the hypothermia didn't get me first.......I still have an insatiable insane desire to jump right in.

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
During beach season our waters arent quite cold enough to give anyone hypothermia but still cold enough to give you a little rush when you first jump in. We've got some pretty mellow waves but they are perfect for jumping and splashing around in. Im right there with you though, I love the water and especially the beach.
20160513_113223.jpg
20160513_115422.jpg

That was in the spring of last year at my favorite beach on the Island...the floating boardwalk is through a freshwater marsh and you have to walk a 20 minute nature trail to get to it. Its just a gorgeous walk and then the nicest beach is your reward!

*Edited*....its not a 2 minute walk....that would be pretty unworthy of mention lol

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
During beach season our waters arent quite cold enough to give anyone hypothermia but still cold enough to give you a little rush when you first jump in. We've got some pretty mellow waves but they are perfect for jumping and splashing around in. Im right there with you though, I love the water and especially the beach.
View attachment 78692
View attachment 78693

That was in the spring of last year at my favorite beach on the Island...the floating boardwalk is through a freshwater marsh and you have to walk a 2 minute nature trail to get to it. Its just a gorgeous walk and then the nicest beach is your reward!
Just gorgeous!! The walking might give me issues. One place we went, the walk wasn't far, but it was hilly. I got to the beach, but on the way back my right leg started giving out, and a couple of the guys had to grab either side of me, and help me back to the car. I was grateful they were there, but hated they had to do that. I don't remember if that was before or after I fell. I was getting off the boat, and my right leg just gave out and down I went. But two days later I was parasailing!!! First time ever and ohhhhhhh mannnnnnn that was amazing!!! It hurt some, but wow, wouldn't have missed that for the world!!!

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Just gorgeous!! The walking might give me issues. One place we went, the walk wasn't far, but it was hilly. I got to the beach, but on the way back my right leg started giving out, and a couple of the guys had to grab either side of me, and help me back to the car. I was grateful they were there, but hated they had to do that. I don't remember if that was before or after I fell. I was getting off the boat, and my right leg just gave out and down I went. But two days later I was parasailing!!! First time ever and ohhhhhhh mannnnnnn that was amazing!!! It hurt some, but wow, wouldn't have missed that for the world!!!

Its not so hilly here and the trail is very well groomed but its still a long walk, especially when carrying a bunch of beach gear lol. Parasailing is awesome!!! Ive only been once but Id love to go again!

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its not so hilly here and the trail is very well groomed but its still a long walk, especially when carrying a bunch of beach gear lol. Parasailing is awesome!!! Ive only been once but Id love to go again!
I doubt I'll ever get up that way, but if I ever did, I could take my wheelie walker so I could sit if I needed to. I'd give it a try! I had no idea parasailing would be so much fun. I'm soooooo glad I did it. and so thrilled I got the chance to. Fantastic memories!!

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Better watch it with that flirting Deb, I'm spoken for and she's gonna get jealous. :giggle:

Just kiddin' of course. Couldn't resist though cuz you usually say hon, so sweetness caught me off guard and for a sec I thought it was her before I realized it was you.
lmao! Just in a really good mood this mornin! I'm callin everyone sweetness or darlin or something! and it's hun, not hon hehehe. Besides, my sis knows her man is safe with me! :D

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I doubt I'll ever get up that way, but if I ever did, I could take my wheelie walker so I could sit if I needed to. I'd give it a try! I had no idea parasailing would be so much fun. I'm soooooo glad I did it. and so thrilled I got the chance to. Fantastic memories!!

It is an absolutely gorgeous island that I live on, well, in the summer it is lol. If you ever do mosey on up here I recommend early to mid August and you have a tour guide if you ever do come for a visit. :D

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is an absolutely gorgeous island that I live on, well, in the summer it is lol. If you ever do mosey on up here I recommend early to mid August and you have a tour guide if you ever do come for a visit. :D
I'd definitely take ya up on that. I was in Canada once for about an hour. Just lookin at Niagra falls from the Canadian side. Before ya needed a passport. Only time I've ever been outta the US. I've head so many places are so beautiful up there. I'd love to visit some time. Early to mid August we're close to 100 degrees here, sometimes over. Jup, that would be a good time to get away. lol

Oh.......and....... wow. I've never seen humpbacks IRL, but wow that would be amazing! I worked with and studied dolphins, whales, and sea lions for many years. Worked with strandings, etc. I love Marine Mammals, but humpbacks are definitely my favorite whale. Belugas are a close second! and grays of course. Oh geeze, it's like pickin a favorite kid! lol

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Good morning all!

Darth, nice looking beach. Thee is something so relaxing about hanging out on a beach.

Deb, glad your granddaughter got to experience some of the trials of pet care. A solid experience to help her appreciate your efforts for all the little creatures.

So yesterday my black frame Therion landed. Have a new black tank supposedly to be delivered today, but looking at the tracking I doubt it will make before tomorrow. Still playing with them mod.
Therion 167 with OBS.jpg

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
lmao! Just in a really good mood this mornin! I'm callin everyone sweetness or darlin or something! and it's hun, not hon hehehe. Besides, my sis knows her man is safe with me! :D
Well, hon and hun sound the same on the phone, so...
And jup (how's that for a Debism) I can't imagine her ever being worried about you.

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Deb, glad your granddaughter got to experience some of the trials of pet care. A solid experience to help her appreciate your efforts for all the little creatures.
So yesterday my black frame Therion landed. Have a new black tank supposedly to be delivered today, but looking at the tracking I doubt it will make before tomorrow. Still playing with them mod.
Great lookin mod ya got there! Some time back I did fall in love with either a therion or a triade that had purple ostrich on it. Jup, they make her clean the hamsters cage. Most of the time I'm the one who makes sure she has food etc. But I told em I draw the line at cleanin the cage. Unfortunately I doubt it goes as far as her even thinking about me being the one who takes care of her while she's gone, but perhaps one day. I'm just glad they give her that responsibility. She's done really good at it too. The only problem occurs when she takes it outside to wash it with the hose during the summer. We have a ton of wasps in the back yard, and she is petrified of them. So one of us usually has to go out there with her. She really doesn't have a choice in the matter, but she does it mostly without complaining except for the wasps. Can't really blame her too much there

And jup (how's that for a Debism)
<<proud look>> :giggle:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
View attachment 78692
View attachment 78693

That was in the spring of last year at my favorite beach on the Island...the floating boardwalk is through a freshwater marsh and you have to walk a 20 minute nature trail to get to it. Its just a gorgeous walk and then the nicest beach is your reward!

*Edited*....its not a 2 minute walk....that would be pretty unworthy of mention lol
Wow how awesome!!!! Nice pics.
Good morning all.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, hon and hun sound the same on the phone, so...
And jup (how's that for a Debism) I can't imagine her ever being worried about you.
:blowkiss:
:blowkiss:

VU Sponsors