https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
LCzdwu-S44wfrCI4cSEePqcJDuq94ujuevdXk5pPmYUubZknAUFIgbrRu8qc6JyTP4Slvhqr42bWoKjpVfvBLt10QmQtTliiiG4WFfn8dMjvvWHEODs0Pqdi4WudifBxj6f8n_bc

The wismec Trough was sent to me by wismec for the purposes of this writing. The following is an account of my experience of the last month. I will say upfront that I did enjoy the vape experience from this subtank. It’s consistent, flavorful, and quite a performer. The tank is available in 4 colors: gold. Silver, rainbow, and black. With that said, let's get started:

Package contents:
1 -Trough
1 -User Manual
1 -WT01 Single 0.35ohm Head
Spare Parts
1 -WT02 Dual 0.2ohm Head
Mine came with a bubble glass installed and a spare bubble glass. I’m unsure if retail packaging will be a spare straight tube or bubble glass. The bubble glass gives it 6.5 ml capacity; while, the straight tube gives it 2ml.

Packaging is different but very nice:
PNG image.png
(Juice was not complimentary)

Measurements:
This is where things can become a bit contentious for some-myself included. Generally speaking I don’t like atomizers bigger than 25mm wide. I don’t have many mods that can handle that girth, and quite honestly the aesthetics of wider atomizers don’t really appeal to me. This one has a tiny lip under the afc ring that is 25mm, which essentially makes it not overhang a 25mm mod(technically).
The afc brings it to 27mm; and the bubble glass takes it to 30mm.
The height is 36.5mm without the driptip.

PNG image.png
Here you can see the lip and afc

The stock driptip has an 8mm bore at its base and 10mm bore at the tip.
The inner bore of the chimney is 7mm
The top end of the coil has a 10mm inner bore
The airflow slots are 2 on each side measuring 13.5mm x 2mm (i found performance to be best at half open using all three coils I received.
The 510 does protrude slightly, however, i can not in good conscience advise any subtank to be used on a hybrid mechmod.

One thing that really surprised me about this is that it was not overly loud like most subtanks I’ve tried. It wasn’t whispery quiet mind you; but, it wasn’t as loud as a tornado like some.

Coils options:
The coils are touted to be mesh with 30%wood pulp and 70%cotton wicks. Not sure how much the pulp contributes to the flavor but all of the coils produced excellent flavor for me.
The three coil options available at the time I received this are:
Wt01- single coil mesh 0.35ohm recommended at 30-50w (i found it best at 45w)
Wt02- dual mesh coil 0.2 ohm recommended at 30-70w (i preferred this one at 55w)
Wt03-triple mesh coil 0.15ohm recommenced at 50-90w
(I kept this one at 75w)
Wt01

PNG image.png

I apologize for the blur in this photo but you can see the mesh in the single coil.
Wt02
PNG image.png

In this picture you can clearly see the wick channel going to th edge of a dedicated wick port in the coil.
This is said to help reduce the chance for dry hits and ensure constant wick saturation. I did not experience dry hits with these coils
Wt03

PNG image.png
Again you can see the dedicate wick channels
Base of the coil
PNG image.png
Here you can see how much air the coil is letting into itself, since this is usually the weakest point in replacement coil systems. This design does not allow for an airflow bottleneck, it lets the air run freely across the coil.

Filling the tank
The tank is top fill with a slide to open top. I used this tank for 3 weeks and at no point have I had the top “accidentally” slide open. It locked open and locked closed. My only complaint is the gasket at the top made it necessary to use needle tip bottles as screw tops would not fit. The good part of the gasket is that it prevents leaking while filling. I imagine filling at a stoplight would be much less messy this way.
PNG image.png

The driptip on this tank is an 810 size, with the O-Rings inside the tank allowing you to use any and all 810 tips you may have. However, I found the stock one to be quite nice.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Overall experience
I can't think of much to say other than I did really enjoy the trough tank. I preferred the triple coil over the other two; but, that’s the nice part about having options. The general construction was great! Which is something I’ve come to expect from wismec; and this did not disappoint. The single and dual coils were definitely nice and put out ample flavor and vapor. I simply found the triple coil to put out a thicker and denser vape that I enjoy.
Would this replace my daily driver rda? Probably not, although I had no trouble adjusting to it, and did not miss the rdas much. This is definitely something I would want for travel. It will be nice just grabbing an extra coil or two for the road on vacation; rather than, packing a build kit.
I also liked the afc having stopping points it has a proper amount of tension rather than free spinning. That combined with the top cap, general build and vape quality make the tank feel to be just that one notch better than most other sub tanks.

Pros:
Build quality
Vape experience
Juice capacity
Coil options
Well engineered tension of afc and topcap
Arrived clean and well machined

Cons:
Overall width at widest point
Can’t fill with screw top bottles

For more information please visit www.wismec.com/product/trough

PNG image.png PNG image.png