Omg...omg...omg...
Best $5 I've ever spent

18c2cfe572467804a8e1d4e1b02e55da.jpg

009e04558bc7de46da03dc13caaa5115.jpg

I am a vaping metalhead

XX_Fallen_XX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I went a bit too hard with pocket knife screwdriver. No worries just a flesh wound

I am a vaping metalhead

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ooo yeah. cricket is awesome, isn't it? You don't need to screw it more than finger tight.

Tuluum

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ooo yeah. cricket is awesome, isn't it? You don't need to screw it more than finger tight.

^^^ This is important. It might just be a bit of a ding now, but over time and many battery changes.. those things can add up!

And yeah, the little SOB is pretty cool. At the prices they are going for right now, I think anyone with even the slightest interest in a series mod should pick one up. Last I checked, it jumped to $10, but, still a no-brainer.

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What is everyone's goto build? I just ordered one because the price and can build pretty decent so i am looking for ideas. thanks

savagebee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I went with a dual 22 ga around 3.5mm id. I used the rafale rda with the neutral center post and have it around .5 ohm. Vapes great!

Tuluum

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What is everyone's goto build? I just ordered one because the price and can build pretty decent so i am looking for ideas. thanks

I have found that dual small gauge claptons work best for me. I'm currently running dual 28g/38g @ 7/8 wraps @ 3mm works pretty well. Its about .9ohm. I might shoot for 1ohm next rebuild to cool it down a bit more.

It really is personal preference though. I can't imagine running .5 ohm, regardless of coil mass or airflow, but that might be heaven for you!

I think the one commonality will be that the build has enough coil mass to take advantage of the voltage. Beyond that, there is an extraordinary amount of variety.

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
28g FC, 26g claptons and 30g aliens are what I used to run on my crickets. Most the builds I used were .38-.5.

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
thanks for the recommendations everyone. I've got a 26 ga fused clapton with 38 ga wrap single coil .76 ohms. still haven't fired it yet a little scared.

Geo Thermal

Member For 3 Years
I was thinking about getting the NC, but was wondering about which atomizer(s) to use. Should I play it safe and get the Fat Daddy upgrade kit? Which atty does everyone use?

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a velocity built with a single fused clapton .76 ohms also built a El Cabron dual coil .60 24 ga kanthal

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was thinking about getting the NC, but was wondering about which atomizer(s) to use. Should I play it safe and get the Fat Daddy upgrade kit? Which atty does everyone use?

@Geo Thermal For me, I drip, RDAs gives me the best flavor, I rotate from Velocity, Petri Dot Mods, and Tugboat. RDAs > tanks (IMO) and obviously I use 22mm RDAs on my NCs. Bigger 22mm+ won't fit (unless u get upgrade kit), quite fine with me, my 22mm RDAs give me better flavor anyways, smaller, reduced chamber, juicy, best hits > bigger 22mm+ atomizers, which airy and flavor quality down a little, easier to build on tho and bigger clouds, depends on what u want, 22mm are easy too. I've never used any tanks on my cricket's and most (not all) don't have generous (protruding) 510's. You're best bet would def be getting the FatDaddy upgrade for the 510 pin you get with it, which in turn, would be safer to use on tanks than the stock hybrid Wismec one. I've also heard the FatDaddy 510 pin hits just as good as the hybrid, I can't vouch, just saying what other's have said. I haven't purchased the FatDaddy myself, heard some things, view what other's have said in my similar thread here about the FatDaddy upgrade kit, but for $15, it's not like you'll lose much.

In all, get the NC. It's amazing. And because..

9yyjg_s-200x150.gif

It's my ADV, also priced at a steal now. I bought mine when they premiered (2 silver) for almost $50 each, both work great, just as new. I highly suggest if you have general vaping knowledge, the 101s; amps, batteries, builds, etc.

XX_Fallen_XX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ordered my FD upgrade kit last week. With the stock button I can't make a good connection which feels like the button terminal catching on the side a bit. So I would get the upgrade kit just for the better firing button. But they give you a 510 connection plus a tube so you can use the new or old equipment for a single 18650 mod. Pretty sweet deal

I am a vaping metalhead

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Running a dual 24ga .34 build and loving it so far! I also got the upgrade kit, but the old hybrid connector from the NC won't screw down into the tube but maybe a half a turn. Dennis said it was a known issue with the old non-knurled caps and I needed to sand the threads down a bit. I haven't had time to try it yet. I'll report back when I do.

Ladowscar

Member For 3 Years
Have a question anyone running the indestructible RDA on their NC it seems like no matter the build I put in it the flavor sucks on it was thinking about doing Clapton's 26/32ga anyone thoughts on this would be much appreciated

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have a question anyone running the indestructible RDA on their NC it seems like no matter the build I put in it the flavor sucks on it was thinking about doing Clapton's 26/32ga anyone thoughts on this would be much appreciated
Fused Claptons work wonderful, I use a 30x2/36 around 10 wraps that will Ohm out around 0.7.

Indestructible, not bad flavor with fused Claptons but my favorite RDA on the NC is the Hatty by Blitz. It's a perfect match and great flavor.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

BreSha6869

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Black, grey and SS Crickets available at ecig-city for $7.99. Good deal IMO...

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Black, grey and SS Crickets available at ecig-city for $7.99. Good deal IMO...
The NC is a good 'throw away' mod, if you like the NC I very highly recommend getting the Satan by El Diablo.

BreSha6869

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The NC is a good 'throw away' mod, if you like the NC I very highly recommend getting the Satan by El Diablo.
I'm not going to bother with the NC as the upgrade kit costs almost twice as much as the mod. Just though it was a good deal.

The Satan mod looks great, but the whole Satan motif isn't my thing. I'm not a bible thumper, but the logos don't do it for me.

It am happy with my single battery tube mechs anyways. I have enough GP, Gus, HoH and Nemesis authentics to keep me going. :)

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm not going to bother with the NC as the upgrade kit costs almost twice as much as the mod. Just though it was a good deal.

The Satan mod looks great, but the whole Satan motif isn't my thing. I'm not a bible thumper, but the logos don't do it for me.

It am happy with my single battery tube mechs anyways. I have enough GP, Gus, HoH and Nemesis authentics to keep me going. :)

As in upgrading with the Kick? Yeah, $35 at MVS but they're out of stock. Can't deny an Evolve chip in a mech.

I'll be posting 6 NC mechs this week. I binge shop so, there you have my ugly story. I'm really considering keeping one NC and getting that Kick for it. Scared of mechs, but the Kick may do it for me. On second thought, since if it runs in parallel, (I'm not sure) I'd need two of them?

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I enjoy the noisy Cricket, paired with a velocity, and currently use a build of simple 24G, 3MM coils at around 0.55.

This is more than enough for me, you definitely need plenty of surface area with the NC, and the clouds it produces are very rowdy-it is not a mod I would take out with me, I use it at home for those mad moment times.

I didn't get mine for $5, but still a great price, but for that price they are essentially throwing them out! I wonder if this is due to the NC 2/25?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As in upgrading with the Kick? Yeah, $35 at MVS but they're out of stock. Can't deny an Evolve chip in a mech.

I'll be posting 6 NC mechs this week. I binge shop so, there you have my ugly story. I'm really considering keeping one NC and getting that Kick for it. Scared of mechs, but the Kick may do it for me. On second thought, since if it runs in parallel, (I'm not sure) I'd need two of them?
Kick with the Noisy Cricket, not going to work and I wouldn't even attempt it. It's a series Mod, NOT parallel.

BreSha6869

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

God no! :D I meant the $15 Fatdaddy upgrade kit. Not a Kick.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Kick with the Noisy Cricket, not going to work and I wouldn't even attempt it. It's a series Mod, NOT parallel.

Lord! Thanks! I couldn't remember if the NC or the Gragas was in Parallel. Just out of curiosity, in parallel, would 2 kicks be required? Stupid question for you but I'd rather now blow my face off.

God no! I meant the $15 Fatdaddy upgrade kit. Not a Kick.

I've not heard of the FatDaddy. Difference? One for series and two for parallel?

Ladowscar

Member For 3 Years
Can anyone help mine won't fire and when it does it fires for like 2 secs and stops then takes me forever for it to fire again and I have the FDV upgrade kit on it I'm really getting peeped off

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Can anyone help mine won't fire and when it does it fires for like 2 secs and stops then takes me forever for it to fire again and I have the FDV upgrade kit on it I'm really getting peeped off
Try loosening the caps just a tiny bit and smack the bottom of the mod into the palm of your hand then retighten caps, this usually works for me. I think what happens is the bottom bridge contact doesn't always line up properly and this seems to fix that problem.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lord! Thanks! I couldn't remember if the NC or the Gragas was in Parallel. Just out of curiosity, in parallel, would 2 kicks be required? Stupid question for you but I'd rather now blow my face off.

Kick is made ONLY for a single battery tube mod. If you want a chip in a mech just get a semi mechanical mod with a Mosfet switch. Or seriously just stick with regulated Mod's.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Kick is made ONLY for a single battery tube mod. If you want a chip in a mech just get a semi mechanical mod with a Mosfet switch. Or seriously just stick with regulated Mod's.

Yep. That's why I'm selling my mechs.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
c04f4315689a94d2ec0bdfcfc25cc4cf.jpg

Bought a cricket a couple months ago. Finally got up the nerve to unpack it after being tentative about a series mech.

Wow. What an amazing little device (and cheap). Still just use it at home and take regulated devices with me, but the instantaneous fire is pretty hard to beat. Sometimes dont pay as much attention to my mod at work or play, so probably will remain a workbench mod. But really enjoying it.

And I think just a clean, simple, cool looking setup.

Gonna hafta buy a couple more.

Ran a .6 ohm dual 24g kanthal.

VU Sponsors