Become a Patron!

Wismec Gen2 21700 impressions

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
W7HBBiT.jpg

So a package arrived from Wismec with a RX2 21700 mod and a Gnome tank. Now I know Wismec products. I’ve heard people have issues with the 510, the battery cages, etc. I used my RX3 for a long time before I gave it away, currently own the Gen3 and now have the RX2 21700. Mine have all worked without any issues. The RX 3 was sometimes a bit rough on battery covers if I was not careful. The newer Wismec mods all have netter battery covers.

otRFsTq.jpg

Yep - it looks a lot like the Gen 3 but it is not as wide and a bit taller. Iy is pretty sleek looking. I got the green but you can get brown, white, purple and black too. It will have a lot of colour options. I like thew Wismec menus. They are always very readable and easy to navigate. This beast has a 1.3 inch screen. It will do TC and it will charge at 2 amps although I suggest external charging. It adjusts in increments of .1 watts from 1 up to 230 watts.

It has decent power for sure. I used a twisted messes RDA and the supplied tank. On the Messes with a .1 ohm build. I got to 200 watts and did not push further as it is just too hot for me. The power seems to be there. I’m not a TC guy. It works okay in TC.

I like that it has separate bars for the battery display. I like the dual 21700 - great battery life. I don’t like that they pushed the 510 forward like they always do - no bigger than 25 mm guys. They should have built for 30mm. The battery cover solids into place. It was awkward the first time. Now I can do it easily and never get damaged wraps. Kudos.

The Gnome tank works well. It’s 25 ml and can be used with a 2ml tank or a 4ml tank. It is a pretty small tank. I used the .4 coil but there are .15 and .2 coil heads as well as an RBA available. Well it is a slide top fill - easy. It is decently machined - I found it pretty clean although I put in the ultrasound anyway. With the .4 ohm coil I got really decent flavour and cloud. I like the flexibility - lots of coils , RBA head, two tank sizes. This isn’t bad at all. Mine has a delrin tip as well (510).

4QP1rdL.jpg

Parameters

Size: 46.0 x 37.1 x 81.7mm

Display: 1.3 inch

Output mode: VW/TC(Ni, Ti, SS)/TCR mode

Output wattage: 1 - 230W

Temperature range: 100 - 315°C/ 200-600°F

Max charging current: 2A

Max output current: 50A

Output voltage range: 0.5 - 9V

Resistance range: 0.05ohm - 1.5ohm for TC modes, 0.1omh - 3.5ohm for VW modes

Cell type: 2 x 21700 Batteries (NOT included)/high rate 18650 cell with battery sleeve (NOT included)

Thread: 510 spring-loaded connector

Features

Max 230W output with dual 21700/18650 cells

Push-pull design for easy battery installation

1.3-inch large display with separate battery bars

2A max charging current for quick charge

Battery balance charge system

Dual circuit protection & reverse polarity protection

Upgradeable firmware with timeout settings

It came with 2 batteries, mod, USB cable, 18650 adaptors, Gnoime tank, extra glass, two coils and manuals.

So my thoughts … there will be haters and lovers. More than a few people do not like the 510s on Wismec mods. Many others have had no issues. It will likely take Arctic Fox upgrades too. I rather like it. It is a bit big and heavy but you pay for the battery life you get. I’m not recommending it but I would not recommend against irt either. This might be a good mod for you if you want a smart looking mod with power and great battery life.

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Wismecs are great starter mods, in my opinion. Super easy to use, they take a beating and have pretty good battery life. They’re a bit large for my tiny hands however hence why I went with a battlestar at the time I was looking at the Reuleaux.

That being sent, they are way more powerful than the battlestar. And in some ways have a nicer look and better colours.

I do however love the big screen on the gen3. I have yet to try the gen2.

As for software, I never bother updating any of mods. But I here these have some cool features.

As for the 510, I’ve never had any issues on the ones I have used.

All in all ... it’s a nice looking regulates mod IMHO. I would go with one of these over a SMOK, just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The 510 on that looks similar to the Battlestar. The Predator has a small silver piece that can pop out. On that mod is the threaded hole built into the steel/mod? If so there's not much to worry about. Or is the 510 issues in the past more than that?

Last edited:

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Past iterations of Wismec 510s have popped right out. I have found that this has not happened to me. People have also worried about thow the mod is grounded - I'll not go into details but IMHO I see no problem. I think for the money it is fine. Now the anodizing and paint like most /wismecs will likely begin to wear off. The mod is not stellar in TC but adequate. This is not a high end device nor does it pretend to be. It is I think fine for a new vaper looking for something with great battery life and power above 100 watts.

VU Sponsors