Become a Patron!

Wismec Active Anyone?

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So ever since ECC in early August, we have seen bits and pieces of the new Wismec mod entitled the "Active". I will admit it...this thing intrigues me a bit, as it sounds like it will be super durable and everything...BUT.. a bluetooth speaker too? I never once thought to myself, "damn I wish my mod played music"

L85CfLk.png

Anyways... just in case you don't know much about it, here is some info straight from Wismec.

"When a mod comes with wireless, what will happen? The stunning WISMEC ACTIVE will show you. Adopting the innovative Bluetooth technology, WISMEC ACTIVE can serve as an ecig and a speaker. Moreover, the stylish box mod designed to be waterproof and shockproof, the masterpiece is now born and combines with built-in 2100mAh battery 80W output power. Every detail is meticulously designed and elaborately crafted, whether from the design, the material or the workmanship, you’ll find it a desirable vaping device. Advanced technology, multiple functions, WISMEC ACTIVE will be a new legend of vaping industry."

Also... as a little help to one of my review sponsors, Heaven Gifts has a giveaway going on right now on youtube if you want to join. I am thinking I will be getting one for review, so I will reserve my thoughts until I get one in my hand and see!

Do you see a market for this? Do you see yourself getting one?

gcbTVpE.jpg

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
It would only be cool if it played heavy dubstep drops and wobbles when you hit the button. Of course you would likely be murdered after someone heard the same drop 300 times an hour.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Is this the Music Player? Just put a Media Player Radio in my truck so was time to buy a few more Jump Sticks for tunes~! Also just got the Pixel 2 XL which I can use with the Bluetooth in the truck to play tunes using the Apps on the phone. I really would rather be vaping on my MOD and not listening to tunes but I must admit it does sound cool~! Doubt it compares to the sound on my Pixel 2XL though~!

upload_2018-8-17_16-57-47.jpeg

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe not the worst idea ever but combining two things, likely not that good at either, paired on a bit of a puny battery sounds like near certain fail. $20 gag gift maybe.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Or the bass from the 5w speakers rattles all of the connections loose or causes your tank to flood from the vibrations.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I doubt you would get any Bass out of the speakers in a MOD but I could be wrong since my Pixel has people looking when I am watching Super Car Fails on the Beach~!

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It would only be cool if it played heavy dubstep drops and wobbles when you hit the button. Of course you would likely be murdered after someone heard the same drop 300 times an hour.
Lol....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I get the idea that it could come in handy for the outdoors types that enjoy hiking, fishing etc but the speaker and Bluetooth is just something else to drain the battery. The market for this is so tiny I think it flops. Wait a few months and it will be half off.

I will say it's a better idea than disco/rave led lights.

Last edited:

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I like the durability Factor. It would certainly come in handy to me as I have a tendency to drop things my mod included. However I think the speaker is a little much. I was given an ocular 80 as a gift. It had built-in MP3 capabilities as well as a pedometer to measure how many steps you take. As a mod it worked well enough but with the other capabilities it was a little too gimmicky for me. I PIF'd to a friend of a friend of a friend who had his only mod stolen. From what I understand he likes it very much. So I don't know about the active probably a little bit too gimmicky for most. Also I believe as Jay will mentioned the speaker would probably rattle the connections apart. Get rid of the speaker and I'll bite as I own several wismec products and M overall happy with all of their performance.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was wondering maybe I could get one and let it play back the recorded sound of a battery explosion. Also, compared to my Nitecore magnetic liquid mixer this seems way better for DIY mixing... both e-liquid and mixing reggae music at once.

Last edited:

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
2100 mah internal battery...vaping...speaker rockin'...30 minutes of use? I'm vaping on a single 20700 with 3750 mah and get 2 1/2 hours ish...but I vape constantly too...and no speaker...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors