Become a Patron!

Why we buy batteries from legit battery sites

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So i placed an order with a good US vape site ( i won't name cause I'll give them the chance to fix the mistake and all, but it's a site many people including myself use and trust for vape gear)
Since my order was like 4 bucks under the free shipping amount, i threw in a samsung 25R battery to give me free shipping and since it cost the same as shipping it means the battery was free and i can use it in my ohm meters as i don't really use single battery mods. now 99% of my batteries i get from liionwholesale.com or illumn.com never had an issue with either. The battery arrives and it's this
A3sOnfN.jpg

now clearly i know that's not a samsung 25R battery. i have no clue what it is. no name brand or wiring on it other then that warning. and no it's not an HG2. But it's stuff like this on why it's better to buy from an actual battery site then a vaping site.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So i placed an order with a good US vape site ( i won't name cause I'll give them the chance to fix the mistake and all, but it's a site many people including myself use and trust for vape gear)
Since my order was like 4 bucks under the free shipping amount, i threw in a samsung 25R battery to give me free shipping and since it cost the same as shipping it means the battery was free and i can use it in my ohm meters as i don't really use single battery mods. now 99% of my batteries i get from liionwholesale.com or illumn.com never had an issue with either. The battery arrives and it's this
A3sOnfN.jpg

now clearly i know that's not a samsung 25R battery. i have no clue what it is. no name brand or wiring on it other then that warning. and no it's not an HG2. But it's stuff like this on why it's better to buy from an actual battery site then a vaping site.
LG has started printing that warning on their batteries, and Samsung is following suit...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LG has started printing that warning on their batteries, and Samsung is following suit...

I've heard the same thing regarding the disclaimer on LG batteries so that's probably and HG2 after all.

I guess I don't see it as anything more than a mis-picked item, but I can see where you might have thought they sent you a battery that isn't fit for vaping if you were unaware of that new warning on LG batts. Either way, you ordered a Samsung and should have gotten that exact item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

yeah but all the LG ones i have also have LG HG2 printed on them and some other info. this one has 0 info on it other then that warning and also came in a plain white box
I've heard the same thing regarding the disclaimer on LG batteries so that's probably and HG2 after all.

I guess I don't see it as anything more than a mis-picked item, but I can see where you might have thought they sent you a battery that isn't fit for vaping if you were unaware of that new warning on LG batts. Either way, you ordered a Samsung and should have gotten that exact item.

I knew about the warnings. all my sony VTC5a batts have them but they also have sony VTC5a printed on them and more info. this has 0 info outside of that warning

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah but all the LG ones i have also have LG HG2 printed on them and some other info. this one has 0 info on it other then that warning and also came in a plain white box

I knew about the warnings. all my sony VTC5a batts have them but they also have sony VTC5a printed on them and more info. this has 0 info outside of that warning

Oh gotcha. Now I see what you mean. Less careful vapers might have just thrown that in their tube mech with a sub .1 ohm build and not even noticed that it could be fake. Bye bye face!

Good call, bro. Thanks for the heads up!

Zander

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, all the batteries that we use for vaping will have that warning on them soon. They are doing it so none of us can sue them if their battery explodes in your face while you were using it for vaping!

What we need now is a battery company that will make batteries that are exclusively used for vaping... Just like the flying unicorn that I have in my backyard. LOL!! :-D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, all the batteries that we use for vaping will have that warning on them soon. They are doing it so none of us can sue them if their battery explodes in your face while you were using it for vaping!

What we need now is a battery company that will make batteries that are exclusively used for vaping... Just like the flying unicorn that I have in my backyard. LOL!! :-D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hohmtech is doing that very thing. iJoy is also making a good 26650 specifically designed for vaping as well.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Quick Update
they issued be a store credit for the battery. said i can keep it. I'm gonna pull off the wrap and see what i can find. they said it's authentic since they buy direct from the manufacturer.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
@Jon@LiionWholesale

any comment on new shipments of LG batts having no markings on them other then a warning? I'll take off the wrap tonight to see if the cell has anything on it, but i don't think my other LG batts had anything under the wrap

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@Jon@LiionWholesale

any comment on new shipments of LG batts having no markings on them other then a warning? I'll take off the wrap tonight to see if the cell has anything on it, but i don't think my other LG batts had anything under the wrap

I have never seen that, no. It wouldn't match up to the spec. All of our newest date code shipments have the normal 2 lines of LG codes like they've always had and the warning.

Is it 4 posts on the positive end?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I have never seen that, no. It wouldn't match up to the spec. All of our newest date code shipments have the normal 2 lines of LG codes like they've always had and the warning.

Thanks for the response. I'll take a look at it when I get home and let you know.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Sorry for the late response. it's 4 post on the positive end

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
FYI for an update, it is an HG2 batt
the writing from the wrapper was under the sticker and came off when i took off the sticker, but i can still see it on the back of the sticker LMAO

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
FYI for an update, it is an HG2 batt
the writing from the wrapper was under the sticker and came off when i took off the sticker, but i can still see it on the back of the sticker LMAO

Wow...they must use really sticky stickers. Usually some will come off when the sticker is peeled but I've never seen the writing come completely off...

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Speaking of fake 25R, one of our customers sent us these pics of batteries/wrappers they got from their local vape shop...which are definitely fake and performed horribly to match

Photo Mar 11, 9 27 51 PM.jpg image.jpg

VU Sponsors