Become a Patron!

Why tc?

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There was no TC when vaping started 10 years ago.. people have been doing this awhile and are healthy. That's proof enough, no need to knock others because you feel you're on some higher scale of vaping because you throttle your temperature. People who think they're better than every other person for no reason like you make me sick. Someone asked a simple question, no need to go on a rant.
Exactly! And people who say I have been vaping for 10 years and I didn't use temperature control then and I don't now, so you don't need it either make me sick. This is the kind of stuff the anti-vaping people feed off of. Because they will test vaping in a lab without TC and turn the wattage up and then measure all kinds of chemicals, gases, and other toxins. Then they will use this information to have it banned. And I say we don't need this kind of crap and stop feeding the anti-vaping people ammo to use against us.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Exactly! And people who say I have been vaping for 10 years and I didn't use temperature control then and I don't now, so you don't need it either make me sick. This is the kind of stuff the anti-vaping people feed off of. Because they will test vaping in a lab without TC and turn the wattage up and then measure all kinds of chemicals, gases, and other toxins. Then they will use this information to have it banned. And I say we don't need this kind of crap and stop feeding the anti-vaping people ammo to use against us.
They tried that and it was revealed that the only time toxins were shown were at temperatures far too high to be inhaled. We have voices too, my friend.

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cooking does not involve heating to the vaporization point. At this temperature the liquid vaporizes, the temperature that the vaporization occurs is a constant i.e water vaporises at 100 degrees - if you apply a more intense heat source to it the vaporisation occurs faster but it still occurs at 100 degrees you just vaporize more water (or ejuice) in a given time. Heating it to less than that vaporization point means it does not vaporize. Burnt hits etc occur when your wicking cannot keep up with the speed of vaporization. But I do not suffer that issue myself which is why TC has not been a great thing for me.
You don't vaporize your food, you cook your food. But can you also boil or stream your food? For some foods, yes you can. Does cooking food require to be passed the boiling point of water? Most of the time, yes it does. TC for vaping is often adjustable in the 200°F to 600°F range. Is this the same range we often use for cooking? Yes.

I have one ejuice that was so sensitive to heat, most wouldn't vape it at all. You could get by vaping it in a dripper, but in a tank it was very difficult to get just the right temperature from wattage alone. I thought I nailed it with 6.5 watts on a Subtank. But no after a few hours of success, I had taken a hit and the damn wick burst into flames. I experimented further and now I think I had it working well at 4.5 watts. Nope 12 hours later that one burst into flames too.

So I gave up on it. Everytime you tried it would burst into flames or caramelize and contaminated the flavoring of the whole tank in a matter of minutes. That is why you could vape it in a dripper because you renewed the flavor by fresh drops of ejuice. It wasn't until TC became available before I tried it again. And I finally nailed it. As it only works between 360°F to 370°F.

Not all ejuices are like this. One on the other side of the coin, I have one that could careless what temperature you want to vape it at. It won't burn, won't caramelize, won't change flavor, just gets hotter and hotter.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been vaping for years. I build coils and that's where I get most of my joy from vaping. I can't do these builds with nickel wire

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They tried that and it was revealed that the only time toxins were shown were at temperatures far too high to be inhaled. We have voices too, my friend.
You and I know this, but the rest of the world still thinks otherwise.

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been vaping for years. I build coils and that's where I get most of my joy from vaping. I can't do these builds with nickel wire
Why can't you build with nickel wires? I do so all of the time. I am even using Clapton nickel builds.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You don't vaporize your food, you cook your food.
Which you said was a lot like vaping. It isn't. You have to heat the juice to its vaporization point the vaporization point will be a constant for that liquid. I only mentioned water as an example, when we boil water the vapor is not the product we are trying to get - it's just hot water that we want. OK I genuinely thought we might get somewhere but it looks like there is nowhere to go, thank you for your time.

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which you said was a lot like vaping. It isn't. You have to heat the juice to its vaporization point the vaporization point will be a constant for that liquid. I only mentioned water as an example, when we boil water the vapor is not the product we are trying to get - it's just hot water that we want. OK I genuinely thought we might get somewhere but it looks like there is nowhere to go, thank you for your time.
I too would think you could understand that temperature is important to cooking, like it is important to vaping. But I guess you just don't see how temperature is important for either. :rolleyes:

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Like i said, bag of douche, stuffed to the rim.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

CHIEFTANG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ever heard of the term 'Ad hominem'? You're continuously grossly over-exaggerating the downsides of wattage rather than actually describing the benefits of TC. Doesn't make for a very good commentary.

And, that's what we're talking about here. If someone wanted to take 8s pulls and were encountering issues of either overheating/burns towards the end, or an unpleasant ramp up time, then of course TC could very well help. But, the OP is enjoying their vape, has no complaints, and is asking what TC can do for him, and quite frankly, the answer is 'nothing,' TC can lower ramp up time, it can prevent overheating, but that's what it does, it's not some miracle to make your vape hands down better, it just adds more controls to tweak. I have nothing against TC, it certainly has it's benefits, but I'm like the OP in that I have been able to dial in my vape to make it perfect as far as I'm concerned.

As a quick aside, my spell check wants me to change the word "hominem" to "Eminem" apparently it likes rappers more than Latin terms.

I think this has been the best post I've seen on the entire VU forum! You nailed it Jerus!

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Why can't you build with nickel wires? I do so all of the time. I am even using Clapton nickel builds.
435f9f09d049a4d76c72ea7231f1067f.jpg

I really only run builds like this.

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ever heard of the term 'Ad hominem'?
Of course!

You're continuously grossly over-exaggerating the downsides of wattage rather than actually describing the benefits of TC. Doesn't make for a very good commentary.
I did describe the benefits of TC in post #22.

To continue your metaphor, do you use an infrared BBQ? They're great, there's no denying that, but if I can cook a mean steak using charcoal, why the hell should I spend $1000+ to replace my grill just to learn how to cook that steak to perfection again? It should be easier, it should be better, but if I'm well satisfied, what is the point?
Nor am I saying otherwise. If you like cooking with fire and don't give a damn about getting a better flavor, why should I care?

Long ago I read a story about a fisherman in Mexico. The guy would go out fishing every day to catch his dinner and sell off the excess. When tourists were in town he'd take them out to make a little extra money. One day he takes out this businessman, the man so impressed with the knowledge of the fisherman suggests he builds his business. He could hire another boat and teach that captain his tricks, this way he could catch more fish and bring in more income through tours. The fisherman asks "then what" "well you buy another boat and another boat until you have a whole fleet of boats working for you", the man asks again "and then what?" "well you can then retire and do what you enjoy for leisure, you can go fishing every day and enjoy yourself, catch what you want and have a nice dinner." Point is, the businessman failed to realize that the fisherman was already living the dream retired life that he sought. Why jump through a ton of hoops just to get where you already are?
Nor have I said otherwise. I never told anybody they have to change the way they vape.

And, that's what we're talking about here. If someone wanted to take 8s pulls and were encountering issues of either overheating/burns towards the end, or an unpleasant ramp up time, then of course TC could very well help. But, the OP is enjoying their vape, has no complaints, and is asking what TC can do for him, and quite frankly, the answer is 'nothing,' TC can lower ramp up time, it can prevent overheating, but that's what it does, it's not some miracle to make your vape hands down better, it just adds more controls to tweak. I have nothing against TC, it certainly has it's benefits, but I'm like the OP in that I have been able to dial in my vape to make it perfect as far as I'm concerned.

As a quick aside, my spell check wants me to change the word "hominem" to "Eminem" apparently it likes rappers more than Latin terms.
I have no problem if people don't want to learn, are lazy, and don't care if they can improve what they are doing now. Hell 99% of the people out there are just like that. Hell there are many who don't care about learning about battery safety either and those are the ones who shows up on the news.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Of course!

I did describe the benefits of TC in post #22.

Nor am I saying otherwise. If you like cooking with fire and don't give a damn about getting a better flavor, why should I care?

Nor have I said otherwise. I never told anybody they have to change the way they vape.

I have no problem if people don't want to learn, are lazy, and don't care if they can improve what they are doing now. Hell 99% of the people out there are just like that. Hell there are many who don't care about learning about battery safety either and those are the ones who shows up on the news.
If tc does not give you what you want then its not an improvement. If i like big trucks and someone tells me they can give me a real classy high tech car thats electric and hits 100 in 2 seconds and pretty much is the bees knees in the automobile world all that shit doesnt change the fact that i like driving a big truck and not a little car.... an improvement would be based on the users experience qnd satisfaction, not because a douche says its better so its better because it has to be better.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

CHIEFTANG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I have nichrome 28g wire, can I build a regular coil with it and use it for TC

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I have nichrome 28g wire, can I build a regular coil with it and use it for TC
No. TC is strictly Nickel, Stainless Steel, Titanium and you must have a mod that can regulate the temperature. I use N80 because I like the lower resistance and the colors I get

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks I'm late to the party here, I have to admit that I did not like TC at all (hated nickel) until stainless steel became more available. I haven't vaped it in power mode but I hear that you can have the best of both worlds with SS. I've converted all my gear to 316L SS and have zero complaints with TC and my ipv5's.

I prefer a medium warm vape and I don't build anything fancy so for my needs I've basically found my perfect vape with the ss and tc. Of course to each their own, I know a couple locals that won't vape anything but nickel in tc, but for me I get a metallic taste no matter what I do so it is what it is. So I'm going to have to go +1 on the temp control overall, I'm a fan.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TC IS A GIMMICK!!
If the gimmick WORKS FOR YOU
THEN GOOD FOR YOU!!
I VAPE NICHROME only
CLAPTONS, fused,aliens ,TC will fuck me up... I'm not saying TC is a bad thing , but it AINT FOR ME and the others.
I like to taste my juice, I like warm vapes ..
Did the dude say look at ur coils they are dark, advanced VAPERS are pretty much aware when coils are gunking up!!!!
TC VAPERS can't tell when coils are gunhking because they think the temp control don't gunk coils,SO DUMB LOGIC!!
AGAIN IF YOU ARE ADVANCE TC VAPERS
GOOD!!!

OG baby
POWER MODE ALL DAY...
Fuck
TOTAL
CRAP
TC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

VU Sponsors