Become a Patron!

Why is there always juice under RTA/RDA?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone.

I have been vaping a fair time now, and this is a question I have wondered for a long time- why do you get juice under your RDA, or tank?

I used to think it was over dripping that caused this, but it happens with my tanks, as well as RDA's. I have even checked RDA's to make sure they do not leak, but it seems it happens with them all.

No matter what, when I remove a tank or RDA, there is juice underneath! I have just accepted this for the whole time I have vaped, and wiped it off, but today I wondered what if it isn't normal?

So, is it normal to have some juice residue underneath a tank or RDA when you take it off? I simply wipe the top of the mod and the 510 connection clean, but with my Hybrid mechs it does make me worry just incase.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for your replies, it seems to be just a thin layer of juice, I give it a wipe, and its gone, sometimes it takes a bit of a wipe inside the 510 to get rid of, but not literally puddles of juice.

It probably is just condensation- I just tend to worry and like others input to make sure. I don't actually have any friends locally that vape, just me and my fiancee and I pass things on to her learning wise, so like to make sure it is correct.

I have checked various tanks and RDA's, and it doesn't seem to be leaking through the 510, so must just be condensation building up. I just worried when using a hybrid it could cause trouble, even though it is rare for me to go mechanical.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I second and third the vote for condensation as the culprit.

I am constantly wiping it off of the top of my mod's.

Jsgillis86

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You also gotta figure, with as much as you remove and replace the top cap with RDAs, some of that juice buildup on the side will eventually sneak it's way out. I keep a paper towel in my pocket specifically for this reason.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You also gotta figure, with as much as you remove and replace the top cap with RDAs, some of that juice buildup on the side will eventually sneak it's way out. I keep a paper towel in my pocket specifically for this reason.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I always had this problem with Kayfuns. Never have it now with Achilles. Which is also bottom airflow, as that's the only kind I like, but it's just well-designed.

Andria

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you have a tendency to blow as well as inhale you will blow some vapor out the wrong way, so you will get juice on top of the mod. There isn't anything you can do about it....except never blow.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you all for your replies, it has set my mind at ease.

I tend to worry about things, and clarification from other people that it is indeed what I thought helps, I would rather worry though than not and something bad happen. I am just glad everyone here is so helpful, as I am not exactly new to vaping so some of my questions may seem strange, it is just when others explain it is what I thought I can relax.

@Jsgillis86 and @Iliketurtles bring up good points though. Some juice probably does work its way where I remove the top cap to the bottom, and also I don't intentionally blow through my RDA's, but I think it does happen some times.

Tank wise, my favourite RTA's are the Crius style RTA's, such as the Crius, Griffin and similar. I haven't actually noticed them seeping, and I use them as my main tanks to take out with me as I find them reliable, but everyone does mention seeping occurs so I gather mine do the same, I just have not noticed.

A pack of tissues with me will keep me sorted then :).

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
If in two weeks I can't figure out how to wick a tank to keep it from leaking I stop using it

lcgixxer87

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Because they all leak a tad tad here or there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have watched the tanks that seem the most prone to this, and can see how it happens now, I just never noticed before.

I use tanks that are based on the Crius the most lately, such as the Crius, Griffin, and Gemini. With the airflow slots right near the bottom of the tank, when I take a hit, I'm not blowing back through, but at the end of each pull when I take the mod away from my mouth, for a few seconds vapour comes out of the airflow holes. I had not noticed before as I hadn't been looking out for it.

So it is indeed just simple condensation.

This may be why @ShowerHead is not experiencing it with the engine, due to the top airflow design. I have a few RDA's that use a top airflow design, I will have to check next time I use them if I notice less buildup than with side airflow.

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Condensation was always present with my tanks.
A quick wipe with a vaper (paper) towel takes care of it.
Been using the OBS Engine for a week or so and it doesn't even have that. Absolutely dry.
defenetly agree the obs engine is the only one I have which does positively not leak and that includes condensation !
all others do . see many comments that bottom air flow is better in many ways agreed ...but.. that doas not mean you could not take the air from the top channel it down into a chamber and exit from under the coil. top air , bottom air the argument for design should be where the intake and exaust is
the obs engine did not go far enough . also the air holes inside are way to big they defuse the air while they should be concentrating it
needs more air velocity

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That goes for just about any RTA that has JFC by turning the tank, it weeps between the bottom of the tank and the AFC ring runs behind the AFC and puddles at the base of the RTA.

What he said. Lol
I experience this a lot with the Supertank RTA 25mm's that I have been using a lot lately, especially if I cape the tanks really low causing them to have difficulty maintaining the vacuum.

VU Sponsors