Become a Patron!

Why is RTA/RDA Better ?

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Give us a Few details mate might be able to help
Gpriv kit w/BB beast tank. Having problems with all t6 coils (0.2ohm 6 coils and recommended 40w-160w) gone through 3 coils today all with different juices.
Now I got tired of reading and watching videos to try and fix it. So I've got the .15ohm 4 coil back in the tank, I've already vaped on it for over a week and it tastes perfect?!?!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Gpriv kit w/BB beast tank. Having problems with all t6 coils (0.2ohm 6 coils and recommended 40w-160w) gone through 3 coils today all with different juices.
Now I got tired of reading and watching videos to try and fix it. So I've got the .15ohm 4 coil back in the tank, I've already vaped on it for over a week and it tastes perfect?!?!

Oh yeah and I'm vaping the lower watt rated coil at 75w and it's only rated for 30w-70w. Seems to work the best for me though.

Cormic

Member For 3 Years
I have had no luck at all with t6 coils. It looks to me like air doesn't flow through one of the coils well on every one I tried. X4 and T8 have all worked fine for me. The q2 is ok for me if I keep it low watt and choke the air flow down. But I just buy x4's now. I have been looking at adding some sort of rebuildable atty to my growing collection but every time I start to look into it I get a bit overwhelmed by the shear number of different tanks and opinions on them. I'm planning on making a couple mod's over the summer once I figure out what board I want to use. Maybe I'll make some atty's to.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

What wattage were you vaping the t6 at?
Supposedly best between 70-90w

I always went through a ritual with the TFV8 beast coils can't speak with authority on the baby beast coils though

1) sort the black rubber bung out at the bottom. More often than not it's not flat has the wire poking out. I gently push them back with a small screwdriver so the bung sits flat (careful here push them to far in and you'll short the coil)
2) I pin each of the cotton holes on the outside of the coil on the T8 coils I put 3 in each but they are big buggers might only need 1-2 in each. I also do this at the top of the coil careful not to disturb the coil itself
3) i prime the coil a few days before I'm going to use (when I'm detecting my other one is starting to go) and wrap it in cling film
4) put the coil in the atty maybe add a bit more juice to the coil if it accepts it, and before I add juice assemble and check it's airtight with the AFC shut
5) add juice and draw with AFC shut to check it wicks ok might see a little bubble form here
6) start my wattage lower and vape it until I see bubbles appear and increment in 10 watts doing this at each stage until I reach my target wattage

Doing this always meant it wicks like a champ and lasted me on average about 5 weeks of continuous use at 115w

Last edited:

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
What wattage were you vaping the t6 at?
Supposedly best between 70-90w

I always went through a ritual with the TFV8 beast coils can't speak with authority on the baby beast coils though

1) sort the black rubber bung out at the bottom. More often than not it's not flat has the wire poking out. I gently push them back with a small screwdriver so the bung sits flat (careful here push them to far in and you'll short the coil)
2) I pin each of the cotton holes on the outside of the coil on the T8 coils I put 3 in each but they are big buggers might only need 1-2 in each. I also do this at the top of the coil careful not to disturb the coil itself
3) i prime the coil a few days before I'm going to use (when I'm detecting my other one is starting to go) and wrap it in cling film
4) put the coil in the atty maybe add a bit more juice to the coil if it accepts it, and before I add juice assemble and check it's airtight with the AFC shut
5) add juice and draw with AFC shut to check it wicks ok might see a little bubble form here
6) start my wattage lower and vape it until I see bubbles appear and increment in 10 watts doing this at each stage until I reach my target wattage

Doing this always meant it wicks like a champ and lasted me on average about 5 weeks of continuous use at 115w
Thanks, that's a pretty big ritual to get a coil ready. Kinda makes me happy I got a rta coming and I'm probably going to get a rdta today. I will try this out though because I already bought the coils and I'm also curious to see if they'll work.
I was vaping the t6 at 75w but I started lower then that.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thanks, that's a pretty big ritual to get a coil ready. Kinda makes me happy I got a rta coming and I'm probably going to get a rdta today. I will try this out though because I already bought the coils and I'm also curious to see if they'll work.
I was vaping the t6 at 75w but I started lower then that.

Sounds a lot but doesn't take much time hehe on that T6 break it in from 45w

See with DIY none of this crap is needed lol the only thing you have to worry about is cutting right amount of wick ...a lot of focus seems to be on the coils for DIY but the wicking is equally important with a learning curve needed on every atty ...why I like RDTA/RDAs they require no thought really never get a dry hit from them and flavour is top notch

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Sounds a lot but doesn't take much time hehe on that T6 break it in from 45w

See with DIY none of this crap is needed lol the only thing you have to worry about is cutting right amount of wick ...a lot of focus seems to be on the coils for DIY but the wicking is equally important with a learning curve needed on every atty ...why I like RDTA/RDAs they require no thought really never get a dry hit from them and flavour is top notch
I know I'm itching to go out and get a RDA or rdta today. Not many shops in my area though and I don't drive lol. Kinda sucks because I want to be able to switch flavors when I want to and I don't really like the taste of using the same pre built coil with multiple flavors.

VU Sponsors