Become a Patron!

Why I no longer buy SMOK products (they suck)

skenzer

Member For 4 Years
I'll make this short and simple. Their paint sucks on both their mods and their tanks. I've owned 3 different mods and 2 different tanks, all painted and the paint has chipped and pealed away within 3 weeks of owning them. And that's with slight to moderate use as I switch between devices often.

Their customer sucks. I have emailed their customer service several times over the past 3 weeks and haven't received a single response. Not even a "we have received your message and will be in touch soon" canned response. Does anybody at SMOK actually read their customer service emails??

So in short, I'm done with SMOK. I've spent too much money on their products only to be disappointed time and time again. To be honest, I quite like many things they make but the quality of the paint is unacceptable.

And no, they're paint hasn't gotten any better either. I was stupid enough to purchase a T-priv 3 only to notice this morning that there is already signs of paint chipping.

Thanks for reading. I'm moving on to other manufacturers that know how to make quality products and not just spit the same crappy tanks and mods out over and over again.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I'll make this short and simple. Their paint sucks on both their mods and their tanks. I've owned 3 different mods and 2 different tanks, all painted and the paint has chipped and pealed away within 3 weeks of owning them. And that's with slight to moderate use as I switch between devices often.

Their customer sucks. I have emailed their customer service several times over the past 3 weeks and haven't received a single response. Not even a "we have received your message and will be in touch soon" canned response. Does anybody at SMOK actually read their customer service emails??

So in short, I'm done with SMOK. I've spent too much money on their products only to be disappointed time and time again. To be honest, I quite like many things they make but the quality of the paint is unacceptable.

And no, they're paint hasn't gotten any better either. I was stupid enough to purchase a T-priv 3 only to notice this morning that there is already signs of paint chipping.

Thanks for reading. I'm moving on to other manufacturers that know how to make quality products and not just spit the same crappy tanks and mods out over and over again.
I never liked there regulated mod products to begin with, had a few go bad after awhile.

Last edited:

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Won't someone think of the Treebox?! :cry:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Did you dial the right number? Should have the following menu options ...

Has your mod gone up in SMOK please press 1

Has the firmware update made the mod say KOMS please press 2

Has the paint peeled away to reveal “Still Milking Old Kit” please press 3

For all other options, including my smok stick has stopped working please press 4

Or if you’d like to speak to an advisor about our new products being released next week please hold ...

ksnake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I owned many products over the years and noticed that many of the tanks will prepare our lose paint. That's why I started getting them all in SS. I think all mods lose paint depending on what their made of, but I've always had my best luck with my Fuchi stuff. No paint loss and they take a beating. #fuchi

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

For all other options, including my smok stick has stopped working please press 4

Or if you’d like to speak to an advisor about our new products being released next week please hold ...
That's great lol

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

This is hysterical. :giggle:

I take a toke and all my mods go up in Smok.

NWOVaper

Member For 1 Year
I bought the procolour a month or so ago, no paint has chipped and it's working just as good as day one.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
After reading all the negative press regarding smok on this site, I had already decided to avoid smok completely. See? I pay attention to what y'all post. My current mod (eleaf pico 200W) does not have paint. It is a cheap device I only paid $20 for. It should last long enough for me to easily afford something much better, and it sure won't be a smok.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Haven't had Smok tanks since my eGo days, but their paint and their coils both sucked back then.

Blargh23

Member For 1 Year
Haven't had Smok tanks since my eGo days, but their paint and their coils both sucked back then.

The little bitty heads that manged to be worse than a disposable clearomizer and flooded constantly until rebuilt with actual cotton? That typically came with a tank with tiny air holes that you had to constantly clean out with a safety pin?

Ah, the memories...

thumbnail.asp.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yup. That's the POS right there. Kanger made some nearly as bad, and very nearly the same design.

Chum

Member For 5 Years
I own 3 SMOK tanks and never had a problem with any of them(none are stainless steel).

ksnake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I have a black one that I use occasionally because they are easy to make could for real quick, but looking at it you would think it was just SS.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Never had a problem with the BBB tanks. I use them at work with the RBA's in them. If I break it, no problem. They are cheap!
The mods however are crap in my experience.

Flavormave

Reddit Exile
I'd like to thank those that talked me out of buying a smok. I was interested in a smok mod and a big baby beast tank. @JuicyLucy was especially adamant about their garbage. I was saved from all the problems involved with their products.

Sent from my NS-P10A7100 using Tapatalk
What did you end up purchasing lady Sarah?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd like to thank those that talked me out of buying a smok. I was interested in a smok mod and a big baby beast tank. @JuicyLucy was especially adamant about their garbage. I was saved from all the problems involved with their products.

Sent from my NS-P10A7100 using Tapatalk
Lol.

VU Sponsors