For Cloud chasers, what type of mod do you use most for comps

• non hybrid mech tube

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • parallel reg box

• Regulated mod

• Total voters
Hey all, Ive had this question stewing in my brain since all the "competition" mods starting coming out over a year ago and Ive got to ask your opinion...

What is the Difference between a "competition" hybrid tube mod and a "normal" hybrid tube mod. I dont understand why a Rig would be any better for chuckin' them clouds than say a smpl tube that has virtual no voltage drop... additionally in theory wouldn't a cloud chaser desire more voltage and want something like a dual series box or a regulated box that can bump up the voltage?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My take: the word "competition" does nothing aside from drawing fanfare to the mod itself in advertising. If you're really into cloud chasing as a "sport," (I've got to admit that as a former smoker who worries that this aspect of vape culture hurts others' chances of quitting smoking) I'd think you'd build to the rules of the comp you're entering - if regulated boxes aren't banned then use one, same goes for dual or even quad boxes. But if you're restricted to a single-battery tube mech, I'd be all about a copper hybrid with an appropriate RDA - clone or legit be damned, if you're tapping directly into the battery it's going to be all about your build, lung capacity, and exhale technique.

Fishman1704

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I agree about the competition labeling. I have a 4nine and and Apollo. No difference between the way they hit. Blindfold me and I wouldn't be able to tell you which was which, other than the feel of the mod in my hand and the weight. To be honest with you, I have other mechs with floating pins that hit pretty damn good too. I think the quality of your atty and the build you put on it means 90% of your cloud chucking ability. The mod being a hybrid or non-hybrid, in my experience, means a lot less than what's on it.

VU Sponsors