Become a Patron!

White Screen

I bought a new Smok G-Priv about 1 week ago. Since the very first time I turned it on, my screen just turns white randomly. It still works but it will randomly go white. Usually when I go to turn it off it will do it.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I bought a new Smok G-Priv about 1 week ago. Since the very first time I turned it on, my screen just turns white randomly. It still works but it will randomly go white. Usually when I go to turn it off it will do it.

Have you tried updating it?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Okay so I just tried updating it and I followed all the directions on the Smok website. Now it won't even turn on no matter what I do.

That's not good. Hold on I pmed a few members that have this mod.

That's not good. Hold on I pmed a few members that have this mod.
Okay so I just messed with the batteries by just taking em out and putting back in a few times and it's back up. But when I go to update, it's like my computer doesn't even recognize that it's connected even though the mod starts charging.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Okay so I just messed with the batteries by just taking em out and putting back in a few times and it's back up. But when I go to update, it's like my computer doesn't even recognize that it's connected even though the mod starts charging.
Hmm, that's weird. I wish I could be of more help but I don't have that mod.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you using the USB cable that came with it or one of your own?
Some have 4 wires, some have 2.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Okay so I just tried updating it and I followed all the directions on the Smok website. Now it won't even turn on no matter what I do.
did u make sure that you used the unzipped file. what you are describing sounds like you installed the zipped file

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
did u make sure that you used the unzipped file. what you are describing sounds like you installed the zipped file
Damn it, you're right.
Can't believe I forgot that.
Oh wait, under my name it clearly states "I forgot" so I am no longer surprised.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Basically, if Para and Rich can't help you then you may as well send it back. These guys are two of the most knowledgeable vapers on the forum.

-William Cowper

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Basically, if Para and Rich can't help you then you may as well send it back. These guys are two of the most knowledgeable vapers on the forum.

-William Cowper
Thanks!

But if reloading the firmware with an unzipped file doesn't work then yeah they need to call madvapes.com to get a warranty

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Got the same problem after about 4-6 weeks, could there be some leak on the mod so the juice get in contact with the electronic chip?

VU Sponsors