Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wish. I'll probably have to work until I drop dead on the job. :(
I felt that way too then the place I worked closed down. I drew unemployment and looked for another but at at my age none were taking old guys with all the young ones out there,. So when it ran out I just retired early, had some money saved up thought I'd be alright then the cancer took it all.At least I had 4 good months before that happened.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got a wild hair.
Got homemade mayo the first time it has come out the right texture for me, more like middle eastern garlic sauce. I LOATHE mayo or what is called mayo you get in stores... the texture with the taste makes me retch.
Grilling chicken breasts and going to make some chicken salad.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got a wild hair.
Got homemade mayo the first time it has come out the right texture for me, more like middle eastern garlic sauce. I LOATHE mayo or what is called mayo you get in stores... the texture with the taste makes me retch.
Grilling chicken breasts and going to make some chicken salad.
Hi Nasty my friend that sounds good buddy, and garlic MMMMMM

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I felt that way too then the place I worked closed down. I drew unemployment and looked for another but at at my age none were taking old guys with all the young ones out there,. So when it ran out I just retired early, had some money saved up thought I'd be alright then the cancer took it all.At least I had 4 good months before that happened.
:hug:love you Jimi

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I felt that way too then the place I worked closed down. I drew unemployment and looked for another but at my age none were taking old guys with all the young ones out there, So when it ran out I just retired early, had some money saved up thought I'd be alright then the cancer took it all.At least I had 4 good months before that happened.
Sorry things worked out that way, my friend. I understand where you're coming from on multiple levels. My sister is battling lung cancer, and it's not easy hearing what she's going through living as far away from her as I do. I'd like to be there for her, but right now it's impossible.
I can also relate to the difficulty in finding work at our age. I'd love to do something different, but it's damn near impossible to find anyone willing to hire a man who's almost 60. I outwork people who are young enough to be my kids every night, but no one wants to hire us older folks now days.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry things worked out that way, my friend. I understand where you're coming from on multiple levels. My sister is battling lung cancer, and it's not easy hearing what she's going through living as far away from her as I do. I'd like to be there for her, but right now it's impossible.
I can also relate to the difficulty in finding work at our age. I'd love to do something different, but it's damn near impossible to find anyone willing to hire a man who's almost 60. I outwork people who are young enough to be my kids every night, but no one wants to hire us older folks now days.
That mainly stems from the fact that it costs more per hour to hire those with more experience. I understands. It's hard even at my age.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I have owned Rottweilers for 23 years. I have raised them, trained, showed, pet therapy, service dogs, search and rescue, and bred them....I have NEVER seen a 200lb female, ever, not even once.....not trying to be a jerk or pick on anyone, I just hate exaggeration. Breed standard for females is between 80-110lbs. Max of 25" high.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So sorry to hear about your sister Mark, It's a shame but so true , I always out worked the younger guys too, never missed work and always had good recommendations when looking for a job. I think it's because of insurance maybe not. It doesn't make sense but it's the way it is anymore.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So sorry to hear about your sister Mark, It's a shame but so true , I always out worked the younger guys too, never missed work and always had good recommendations when looking for a job. I think it's because of insurance maybe not. It doesn't make sense but it's the way it is anymore.
Yeah, gone are the days of an employer really caring for it's employees. They work you to near death, and then throw you out like the trash when you become the least bit of a liability to them or they find someone else who can do your job for a little less pay. It's downright shameful.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If she was 200lbs then you need to talk to world record people....no such thing....
Not sure if she broke 200 but she was up there. Its been almost a decade sense shes passed. At her hieght she was definitely in the high 170s. Full pedagre to. German father, bavarian mother. Had all the paperwork. Even tho we could have showed her, she just a house dog

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Not sure if she broke 200 but she was up there. Its been almost a decade sense shes passed. At her hieght she was definitely in the high 170s. Full pedagre to. German father, bavarian mother. Had all the paperwork. Even tho we could have showed her, she just a house dog
At that weight you would not have been able to show her...she exceeded standard. Some of the European bloodlines (direct bloodlines) do get bigger. My #1 biggest pet peeve about my dogs is everyone always asks me, "are your rottweilers German or American?" Dumbasses.....THEY ARE ALL GERMAN! No such thing as American or German....the Rottweiler was created from the ancient Roman drover dog, and it was created in Rottweil Germany. The European Rottweiler standard (as set by the ADRK) and the American (AKC) standard are EXACTLY THE SAME therefore, the dog should look the same....but they don't and why is that you ask?....there is properly bred and poorly bred. End of story.....:cuss2:
ok rant over lololol.

If you ever want another Rottweiler message me. I know over a dozen ethical breeders who can provide you with a quality, healthy puppy.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Its gunna be a long time. I love them but i have a dog riggt now, no room for 2 and shes always been an only dog. And unless my housing situation improves, i dont have the room for a rotty. Id love to have another one tho.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wish i still had a picture of her. I dont think i have any left. Lost alot of pictures in the fire and the one i had in my wallet got destroyed

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Guesse i was thirsty. Just damn near chuged a liter of water

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hahaha its great messin with them isnt it?

I live in mormon central. Im only a couple of miles from their hq and their mecca. Last year, a small group of them where going around and i scared the shit out of them with my car. Throwing fireballs at mormons are the best entertainment ive ever seen or experienced
1: Their "HQ" or "Mecca"(which is the holy land in Islam nothing to do with Mormons) is Salt Lake City, UT or if you called Joseph Smiths birthplace the "Mecca" that would be South Royalton, VT. So unless you lived in either of those you were down the road from a church or possibly a temple.
2: Be careful when it comes to talking religion, you never know who might get offended

I'm not trying to be a dink I just loath when people mention religion and have zero idea of what they're talking about, to some it's their live.

Sent from my Toaster using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
1: Their "HQ" or "Mecca"(which is the holy land in Islam nothing to do with Mormons) is Salt Lake City, UT or if you called Joseph Smiths birthplace the "Mecca" that would be South Royalton, VT. So unless you lived in either of those you were down the road from a church or possibly a temple.
2: Be careful when it comes to talking religion, you never know who might get offended

I'm not trying to be a dink I just loath when people mention religion and have zero idea of what they're talking about, to some it's their live.

Ever hear of hill chumora*? Im about 2 miles from that. Add another half mile to the farm where joseph smiths farm is. The one he lived at when he discovered the plates in the hat or whatever. This is where the religion was founded. And i was making a literal connection to mecca as the extreamly holy site in the middle east, as this is the mormans version of it. Every september there is the hill chumora* pagent. Thousands upon thousands of mormans flock here to attend it. Hence why i made the mecca refrence. Please, do not think me an idiot just becuase my spelling isnt great.

*i honestly dont know how to spell the name of their pagent.

Last edited:

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ever hear of hill chumora*? Im about 2 miles from that. Add another half mile to the farm where joseph smiths farm is. The one he lived at when he discovered the plates in the hat or whatever. This is where the religion was founded. And i was making a literal connection to mecca as the extreamly holy site in the middle east, as this is the mormans version of it. Every september there is the hill chumora* pagent. Thousands upon thousands of mormans flock here to attend it. Hence why i made the mecca refrence. Please, do not think me an idiot just becuase my spelling isnt great.

*i honestly dont know how to spell the name of their pagent.
Yes I know what Cumorah is, it's a yearly pageant that depicts Joseph receiving the plates, Christ coming to America, Angel Moroni....

Basically what I'm getting at is don't poke fun of someone's religion and be careful what you say about them.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
921FC030-B97E-41A2-98B3-92398CE4D9F3_zps5iew0v8j.jpg

Such choices.

LOveWerks

Music Poet; Prose Addict; Team Supporter; Vapester
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I only have time to be Me. Others must watch over themselves. I still have not had any email. :cool:

@Saddletramp1200, I hope that you got my off-forum missive... if I could get control of my legs, I'd ride with you, and I'd have my own music - sans lyric and vocals - playing in our wireless headsets, and we'd be creating our own lyrics, singing and riding to the throb of Harley Davidsons in our @$$&$...

Good morning everyone:coffee::wave:

@pete67, sorry for the late reply re your wife Sue's brother. Liz and I send prayers. You and Sue take care; if you need anything, we're just a PM away.

LW & Liz, to both of you :hug:

Last edited:

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes I know what Cumorah is, it's a yearly pageant that depicts Joseph receiving the plates, Christ coming to America, Angel Moroni....

Basically what I'm getting at is don't poke fun of someone's religion and be careful what you say about them.

The only "religion" i disrespect is scientology for its a scam.

I respect all religions, i have my belifs and i feel everyones intitled to theirs. Excpect scientology. Fuck if you want, ill insult christianity for a while. Every year during the hill cumorah (thank you for the corect spelling of it btw) there is some dickweed who dresses up like the devil and stand by the entrence to the pagent, and yells at little kids that they are going to hell for being mormon when they (atleast atthat point) havent even had a say in what they believe. Id love to hit that dickhole with a frying pan. Personally, i just think that mormans are wound a little to tight for my likeing and thats fine. I keep to myself and my social group but at the same time have no issues with them. I will say tho, its fun to startle them with a fire spitting mustang. But then again, its fun to fo that to any one of any religion. Its just thats the one that sticks out in my mind becuase people around here are used to my car, and for the most part, the mormans that are here in september are not becuase their not from around here, so they get startled by my car becuase they are not used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors