Become a Patron!

Whiskey/bourbon/scotch lovers.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Aaand begin. What is your favorite? What is the bottle you always go for? For me its Jameson. Lovely stuff.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Buffalo Trace is really nice stuff, I wish I could find it here more easily. I like Southern Comfort for mixing with other things. I live within day tripping distance of most every single KY based bourbon company you'd think I'd go take their tour(s) a few times. I have friends who I swear participate in a theme of "worst swill you can find with whiskey/bourbon/scotch on the label," I'm glad this thread is here.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Whiskey = not produced with peat malted grain, specifically outside of Scotland
Whisky = Scottish "uisge beatha"
Back in my drinking days, it was Old Pultney (made in my home town of Wick)....in the US, it was normally Aberlour or Glen Garioch

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Im no heavy drinker, i just enjoy the taste and the calming effect one drink can have. I sleep like a baby when i relax at night with a glass of whiskey before going to bed. Pretty much all alcohol i consume comes from Ireland :D Dark beer with creamy foam on top... Perfect.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
DID YOU KNOW? Most all Speyside Whisky in northern Scotland is matured in used American bourbon barrels? If you tour the maturing cellars at Glenfarclas for example....the butts all are branded with "Makers Mark", "Jim Beam", etc

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DID YOU KNOW? Most all Speyside Whisky in northern Scotland is matured in used American bourbon barrels? If you tour the maturing cellars at Glenfarclas for example....the butts all are branded with "Makers Mark", "Jim Beam", etc

Funnnnny. The good flavor of even the crappiest bourbon is also attributed to used barrels, Early Times being one among them.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Apropos of nothing, I bicycled throughout the highlands one summer more or less lubricated by local single malts. Asked for "Scotch" once. Only once.

VU Sponsors