Become a Patron!

Which Drone is best for aerial filming, which one should I buy?

mambo_packshot-go-1.png

Do I need to buy a drone for aerial view filming, which type of Drone is best for this task? which one should I buy? I thought it would be the best to ask you guys.

Please suggest me. :)

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
thank you king! I was searching for the right forum, but could not find. thanks for help me to move.
This is a vape forum.... if you’re looking for drones might I suggest trying a dji or yuneec forum.
Inspirepilots.com or forum.dji.com or yuneecpilots.com

Last edited:

yvaiwhy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Clara, I’d say it really depends on your budget mainly. And the purpose too. If you are looking for something affordable yet within reasonable pricing I would highly recommend DJI Mavic Pro. It’s compact (when folded) has a better range and fly time (real world over the product spec which is under strict conditions) over the successor Mavic Air. I just bought a Mavic Air the other day and took it on my trip to Sri Lanka. Unfortunately, drone laws there are a PITA so I ended up not even trying it out there. As per reviews, the battery life and range quite doesn’t make the cut. Sure, it’s smaller and lighter and you can literally put it in the pocket of a cargo short. The one good thing is it records at a 100mpbs over the 66mpbs of mavic pro. Also, avoid the dji spark, you’ll thank me later. Both mavic pro and air comes under $1000

Next comes the phantom range. I still have the phantom 3 Pro, works like a horse. The newer ones, the phantom 4 Pro and the other models of 4 series sure does out perform the other drones in that budget area.

Top of the line are the inspire series which offers Camera upgrades and interchangeable lenses (all prime goodies) I wouldn’t have to shed too much light on this area as if you were looking for something of this caliber, you’d already have your mind set on a model.

Have fun, fly safe and always fly in line of sight (being a little hypocritical here but I can’t advice otherwise)

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi Clara, I’d say it really depends on your budget mainly. And the purpose too. If you are looking for something affordable yet within reasonable pricing I would highly recommend DJI Mavic Pro. It’s compact (when folded) has a better range and fly time (real world over the product spec which is under strict conditions) over the successor Mavic Air. I just bought a Mavic Air the other day and took it on my trip to Sri Lanka. Unfortunately, drone laws there are a PITA so I ended up not even trying it out there. As per reviews, the battery life and range quite doesn’t make the cut. Sure, it’s smaller and lighter and you can literally put it in the pocket of a cargo short. The one good thing is it records at a 100mpbs over the 66mpbs of mavic pro. Also, avoid the dji spark, you’ll thank me later. Both mavic pro and air comes under $1000

Next comes the phantom range. I still have the phantom 3 Pro, works like a horse. The newer ones, the phantom 4 Pro and the other models of 4 series sure does out perform the other drones in that budget area.

Top of the line are the inspire series which offers Camera upgrades and interchangeable lenses (all prime goodies) I wouldn’t have to shed too much light on this area as if you were looking for something of this caliber, you’d already have your mind set on a model.

Have fun, fly safe and always fly in line of sight (being a little hypocritical here but I can’t advice otherwise)

Cheers!

I was debating on a similar response.
I have a phantom series and a mavic Air.

Personally, for cinematic footage the air, with litchi; I find better than the phantoms.
For still photos, the phantom reigns supreme.
Due to the upload speed of the mavic Air being near double that of the phantom 4 pro.

The downside is the range on the mavic Air is only about half(on a good day) of the phantom.
Upside is the mavic Air literally will fit in a pocket.

Now- the phantom 4 pro just had a version2 come out- which should blow anything under the inspire series out of the water.

Another thing to consider is the Maurice- professional rig right there; and, it’ll cost you more than the inspire. The inspire, out the door with a camera is going to between 8-10k.

Personally: as a hobbyist, my mavic Air has more flight time in 4 months than all my phantoms combined. For the sole reason of portability. The best camera you can have, is the one that you have available.

Last edited:
Drones have changed the landscape of many things in modern world. From the UAVs to our racing and multimedia drones, there is a wide variety of products available to you in the market. Many people use them for professional purposes while others take it as a hobby and try to benefit from it. While things may not be very clear for you about the drones, especially if you are a first time buyer, there are some aspects that will help you in making the right choice.

People like you and me look for best drones in the market but you need to consider that a product is only as best as it satisfies your requirements. So, it is not necessary that a product which is good for your friend would do equally great for you.

VU Sponsors