Become a Patron!

Where's the flavor at...?

Vaping_Orchard

Member For 2 Years
So I'm fairly new to building. Bought my first RDA about three weeks ago. A Wotofo Freakshow. I also bought the coil master V3 kit, some SS 316L 26 Gage wire and cotton bacon. Using on Vaperesso Nebula.

I've put two builds on there so far. One I used the 24 Gage Kanthal A1 that came in the coil master kit. I did a single coil with that one. 9 wraps, came to 1.2 ohms. Used the cotton bacon. Vaped it around 15-20 watts. Went down to 12 watts and up to 30 (was to high) and found the best at 15 watts. Used it for a week and never really found much flavor.

Then I used the SS 26 gage and put a duel coil build on there. came to .41 ohms. Vaping it at 35 watts. Went down to 20 watts and up to 45 watts. 35 seems about the best. Been vaping on it for two weeks and still hardly any flavor. I mean I taste it...but my TFV8 with the T8 coil...my wife's baby beast or my Celeto 120 put out wayyy more flavor.

I always thought dripping was suppose to be way more flavorful. Which is why I got into it. I'm a flavor chaser. My juice is 6mg Chubby Bubble and Charlies Chalk...both have been steeped two weeks...which I know it's not the juice...very flavorful in my tanks...but same juice not so much in the Freakshow.

Any thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks yall!

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try multiples of smaller wire in parallel or twisted, say 2x28 or 29 instead of 26, instead of 24 2x26 or 3x28. OR do claptons and wrap your resistance wire with some 34awg or smaller wire. Point is to maximize surface area while keeping mass to a minimum. Might try modeling some builds in Steam-engine.org.

VU Sponsors