Become a Patron!

When do you swap batteries on a mech?

ResIpsa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a couple of tube mods and now have a Coppervape squonk mod that are all mechanical. So far with my tube mods I would only use them randomly so would just put a fresh battery in whenever I wanted to use them. I have not used them for a long enough continuous period to swap batteries during use. But, now that I have the Coppervape I will be using it much more often.

So, my question is when are you guys swapping batteries. Or, better yet, what voltage level do you notice your batteries at when you decide to pull them out? I realize that most people say they swap batteries when performance drops. I'm just curious if anyone has noticed that your diminished batteries tend to be at a certain level when you remove them and put them back on the charger.

Thanks,
Chris

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Considering its a diminishing vape you can pretty much tell when the battery is low on voltage...the difference between a fully charged battery and one that's maybe gone down to 3.7v is quite a noticeable difference and even more so as your voltage continues to drop below that....In this case its good to own a volt meter and check it once you feel the vape getting weak...A lower voltage battery increases the amp load so its more of a safety thing to get in the habit of checking until you can "sense" when its time to switch the battery/batteries out....I personally don't go below 3.6v as the vape at that point pretty much sucks.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Pretty much a feel thing for me. Like most everyone else, mine end up being around 3.7V +/-. If you're out and about with your squonker, bring an extra battery or two, you don't want to be without... Extra batteries in a battery case of course.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tend to find when I put my batteries in the charger, they are at 3.6V. I could continue for a bit longer, but by then I find the vapour is just starting to get a bit cooler, and much further I think the flavour would of diminished to a point I no longer enjoy it.

tj99959

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good batteries "plateau" at 3.7-3.6v. So IMO that is the voltage that should be built for.
They then drop off rapidly once they are below 3.6v, so that's when they should be exchanged.

My experience is that @ 3.5v I kinda go "Hmmmm", and one more hit I say time to change.
Almost every time they will read 3.4v when I pull them out.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it depends on your build....and your tastes.
Yep and also the Mod.
Mod's like my Pilak Panther and Nookie V3 I need to watch them closer for I've gotten down under 3.5v and I was still getting a respectable Vape from them. Most generally I can tell a difference with my other Mod's when I'm down around 3.6v.

VapeS1000r

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I find that I swapping out batteries by 3.8
That says a lot about how I like my vape

Dense and a hard hitting rda

VU Sponsors